It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion the number 1 killer of all time?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What's hilarious about this question is the fact that atheism has killed more than all the world's religions combined, and that was just in one century.

All you have to do is start summing the total dead due to atheist stalwarts like Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and the government of North Korea. The numbers start approaching 200 million.

As for religions, the number one killer and growing continues to be Islam. They are clearly the most violent and evil sect ever devised by the devil.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

"Can you justify in the Bible where it says it is acceptable to kill and eat babies ?
Can you show me in the Bible where it shows that it is acceptable to kill 1.5 million people for oil?"

I would suggest you to read the Levitic, one of the books of the Bible. And also to take into account the full history of religions, not the recent one.

Every religion claims to be God-inspired. Let’s not be confused and think that God is the same as religion. In the name of the latter many, many deaths have occurred for centuries. Even in Christianity, the first christians were not the lambs ready for sacrifice we have been told. There were groups of them who destroyed philosophical schools, for instance in Alexandria, Egypt and killed the masters and the pupils. That’s only an example, such as Inquisition is.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Religion is basically another word for self belief, and is the only killer in an intentional murder. A killer believes it is best for the victim to die, in responce to a teacher or a higher authority in which the person was taught or commanded. So therefor yes religion is the biggest killer. However, many faiths are non-violent, or in the instance of the Christian/Jewish/Muslim god, members are to display godlike qualities such as patience, listenening before responding, answering, loving, giving, mercy, blessings of any shape or form, and most importantly understanding.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
HA HA religion is funny. Religion is a belief system designed to compensate for that little physiological deformity in our brain. The hurt that we cant deal with in reality gets dealt with in our religion. Because it is such a powerful part of our psyche we can command ourselves (unconsciously) to do any thing in its name. You can guarantee that all hard cores will abide because to avoid such an order would be to deny the very system we tend to base our insanity.

Not to say that any one person has the right to decide he has the proof to decide that he knows the origin of man kind and that if his rules are followed we can enjoy some kind of after life of some sort. The Christians have the bible, the Muslims the Holy Koran, The Mormons the book of Mormons ( all due respect to each mentioned sect) and so on. All have proof in writing that they are right. Who has proof in the physical? A Christian is moral to the world because he doesn’t want the other believers to see him betray the order. An atheist is moral because it is what he ( and not his fellow followers) believes and therefore stands for.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Religion is a control mechanism which is put in place by the elite. The few at the top can not only control your life, but your after life. Control. Spiritualism is a personal thing which is private internal in us all. Religion is a control, pure and simple. So yes religion kills, the people in control of the religion kills, North and South American people, Aborigenies in Australia, well any one who will not bow down and conform to Rome was killed.
Look at us now. Muslims are the boggy man now. So the question is valid. The stupid differents between religions have killed trillions. Taken their lands, Their names, and culture, all in the name of god/
just saying

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
What's hilarious about this question is the fact that atheism has killed more than all the world's religions combined, and that was just in one century.

All you have to do is start summing the total dead due to atheist stalwarts like Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and the government of North Korea. The numbers start approaching 200 million.

As for religions, the number one killer and growing continues to be Islam. They are clearly the most violent and evil sect ever devised by the devil.

IMO the biggest religion would have to be the one that kills the most. So I am guessing that you are of a Christian faith? I would say our gov leaders and politicians have killed way more then the Islam religion. And when you think of it most of the leaders and politicians are in some way connected to the Christian religion.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

Originally posted by Jinni
reply to post by djbj597922

Can you justify in the Bible where it says it is acceptable to kill and eat babies ?

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests.'
Kill Witches
Kill Homosexuals
Kill Fortunetellers
Death for Hitting Dad
Death for Cursing Parents
Death for Adultery
Death for Fornication
Kill Followers of Other Religions.
www.evilbible.com...
etc etc.

Ya no signs of God teaching murder in that books

reply to post by nophun

if only people who hated on the bible had actually read the bible and had actuall knowledge of what they hate so very much. instead of reading all these stupid websites which just play with words and misinterpret anything to their liking. Man may have been commanded to stone their own brethren in the old testament under the hebrew society of the Mosaic Covenant, as well as the children of Israel. And many they killed may have sinned in the manner Gay, Murderer, Idolotorous nature, were killed by those issued by god to do so and many even turned into slaves or indentured servants. But there was a new chapter written called the New Testament, and it is a chapter of peace, love, and redemption for all. Please if you knew the facts i doubt you would hate, but rather love!

[edit on 15-2-2010 by KilluminatisRex]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922

Originally posted by SevenThunders

IMO the biggest religion would have to be the one that kills the most. So I am guessing that you are of a Christian faith? I would say our gov leaders and politicians have killed way more then the Islam religion. And when you think of it most of the leaders and politicians are in some way connected to the Christian religion.

correction
please people these statistics are highly unresearched. The largest religion in the world, has to be the masonic cult. and I would agree the masononic faith is behind 100000000000 times more unjustified killings then any true christian or person of the faith of God.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looking at history.. The crusades, the inquisitions, etc along with recent history the conflicts in N. Ireland, the former baltic states, the illegal and immoral wars in Iraq and Afghanistan , the war on terror (examples but probably best discussed elsewhere.. learning way around site as new here) without a doubt religion has been responsible for the most human fatalities throughout history and continues it bloody rampage and claims more lives even today. Its an excuse used to justify greed, lust for power and cold blooded murder.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
In the new movie "The Book of Eli" the world was destroyed because of a religious war. All the bibles were destroyed because people blamed the war on religious conflicts. And the main villain in the story wants the Book Of Eli because he knows the power it holds. He calls it the greatest weapon ever invented. He knew he could get people to do what ever he wanted as long as he preached the word of the book. I know its just a movie but it made tons of sense.

fakest movie script ever. and they are getting worse and worse.
first off even if they were to burn all the bibles, the word of the lord would still make its way to every man/womans ear. this is why the illuminati, and masons who want to be God, or think of themselves as god, many are Movie Directors producers and actors so they can push these unrealistic scenarios into peoples minds and make films to cause peoples minds to think in certain diabolical ways that would distract people from having a relationship with god, and becomming righteous in your works.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shinsengumi
Looking at history.. The crusades, the inquisitions, etc along with recent history the conflicts in N. Ireland, the former baltic states, the illegal and immoral wars in Iraq and Afghanistan , the war on terror (examples but probably best discussed elsewhere.. learning way around site as new here) without a doubt religion has been responsible for the most human fatalities throughout history and continues it bloody rampage and claims more lives even today. Its an excuse used to justify greed, lust for power and cold blooded murder.

without a doubt you are wrong and right at the same time. firstly, let me say to everyone so this is a clear. Religion in the mind of most politically correct person makes them think immediatly of a god, and obedience, and not quite rules and ideas and philosphy. Religion, is basically another word for faith, and those who do not believe in god have faith that god does not exsist. If you have read the bible, you will know the warnings the there are false prophets and many who would cause violence and death in the name of God.
Many are wolves in sheeps clothing...... please ATS get this straight and stop with the non stop attack on god without knowing his word first. that way you can be correctly termed satanic or an antichrist. The illuminati or freemasons or presidents and leaders of the world, many have read and know the bible and blatently ignore its word and even say things that are not even cooresponding with what the bible and its context say.

WHERE DOES IT IN THE BOOK OF LOVE SAY THAT ITS OK TO KILL UNJUSTLY? PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS SAYS THIS SO I CAN REVERT TO ANOTHER RELIGION OR FAITH!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
"Is religion the number 1 killer of all time?"

well, as a logical statistician, I'll answer...even tho it appears most ignore the ole guy, at least recently...

the answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone looked at the author of 'religion' recently? it is man's attempt to get to God right? II Cor 4:4 for those aware...any takers?

TLJC came to abolish religion....I dare u to ignore Him, it would not be wise....

seekers? Rom 3:23, 6:23, 10:9,10

why are the many ignoring the ole guy's page 3, post?

come on skeptics, I won't bite...have you done your due diligence here?

is there are rebuttal out there?

man!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
When I was very young, I used to think if man had not invented religion, we would not have had all the terror, the horror that our kind seems so suited to inflict on others of our specices. And then we have the abomination of how we treat other animals. Just who the hell do we think we are? God? Oh I forgot, certain fundamentalist religions think all the animals and plants of our world are there for our personal pleasure. As I saw how we treat animals on an industrial scale, I felt ashamed that the human race is made up of such mf bastards. But with out religion as an excuse, we just would have come up with another excuse to kill, exploit, and to add to that, continue to use the Earth as our toilet.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Absolutely dead on the money,PARDON THE PUN!!

Religons and money and corrupt governments and human suffering all seem to go hand in hand and all of these things cause wars,which--YES DOROTHY--have killed more humans than old age itself.

Religon has no defense and no logical basis of defending itself,take away the ability to commit murder to preserve itself and religons would have melded together centuries ago.A divine imaginary god or diety,that has the all powerful ability to grant absolution for murdering humans,under any circumstances,is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

You see,WHEN WE SAY NO MORE TAKING OF HUMAN LIFE THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY OF THESE IMAGINARY GODS TO GRANT IMAGINARY FORGIVENESS FOR VERY REAL CRIMES AGAINST OUR SPECIES.

You see ,you kill one ,you hurt us all,you hurt one ,you harm us all,you harm one ,you get our attention,get the point?

I believe that there are answers about ,NOT MANKIND ON EARTHS CREATION,but in fact MANKIND OF THE UNIVERSES CREATION.

If we cant even accept that humanity has prior to us been to space and is scattered throughout the universe ,---- then how could we possibly concieve of a god that might be our creator who is human,that we are "altered"primates.

We cant even accept our past,or outlaw religon and regional governments in favor of a global democracy and a humanitarian awareness that denotes our importance as a species and eliminates the individual rights in favor of humanitarian responsibilities.

Without killing what would ALL RELIGOUS followers do once they ran out of logic and were faced with defending their BLIND FAITH WITH EITHER VIOLENCE OR THE CAPITULATION OF THEIR OBVIOUSLY FABRICATED AND DANGEROUS BELIEF SYSTEM.

At the end of the day religous people dont really care what you say because they know dam well that when the heat is on they will kill you now and answer to their forgiving lord later,it is better to be forgiven tomorrow than buried today now isnt it??

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know what you mean, and it does seem a tad bit silly. And I know your not saying it's the religions fault, it's the ignorant humans faults that take having faith in their religion to the extreme. But if they were actually a strong believer in their faith they'd learn to accept other people as how they are, and get over it that everybody is not the same and doesn't believe in the same thing. BUT that is why they are ignorant.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by excitedwaterkickingritual]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Famine has killed more people then religion and war combined.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

Well then I'm sure we don't want more people dying over something so pointless ;P

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The point is that EVERYONE DOES BELIEVE IN THE SAME THING!!

That they have an inborn individual right to harm other humans if they so choose.

It is quite the opposite,we in fact become more responsible guardians as we age.

Remove all fo WHAT EVEN A TEN YEAR OLD KNOWS IS IMAGINARY QUACKERY FROM EVERY MAJOR RELIGOUS DOCTRINE AND REMOVE THE DIVINE ENTITY OR GOD,AND TAKE AWAY THE ABILITY OF THE CHURCH TO POSESS FISCAL POWER ,AND TAKE AWAY FORGIVENESS,PENNENCE,AND THE CONFESSIONAL,TAKE AWAY THE TITHE,AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN.

EACH OTHER,HUMANITY AS A WHOLE!!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Humanity needs the social aspects of religons and the communication aspects,but as soon as we cross the line of what is in the best interests of humanity and begin to defend imaginary gods and condone forgiveness of violence towards another human ,we have reached the point of willfull abbrogation of our humanitarian birth responsibilities.

I advocate freedom of religous belief as long as it doesnt interfere with the humanitarian rights of others.

On that note,this religous crap is why our prisons are full of repeat serious offenders like murderers and serial rapists.Forgiveness is the reason these crimes are committed,criminal behaviour is not natural or instinctive,it is money and power based.Human life can never be taken by one individual unto another,unless the representatives of our global democracy deem you to have offended humanity,by say murdering someone,an eye for an eye,no lengthy appeals,any crime unto another human being being punished in kind.At the behest of humanity.

Not some imaginary god.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Let me ask one thing why do people need a religion to believe in God? WHY WHY??? It is easier and better to say I believe in God and leave it at that? Why do people need to seperate themselves from others thinking their way is the correct way. If its rules on how to behave you are looking for in religion what is wrong with asking people today that are alive on how one should behave..etc
Religion is a relic of the past it has no place in the 21st century and has been the bane of humanity stopping us from uniting since recorded time.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by loner007]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join