It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comfort TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What 'Comfort TV' do you like to watch?

"Comfort TV". That's what people refer to TV shows that they watch lots of reruns of, or movies on TV that they have seen a bunch of times but watch again anyways. TV shows that you already know the story and could probably repeat the actors lines with them, but you can relax and veg out and you watch them anyways.

My 'comfort TV' usually consists of two shows ....

Married with Children on Saturday nights and during the day Sunday. I LOVE Married with Children. It's crass and its 'to the point'. It stereotypes. No body counts. And there is no way that a TV would come up with a show like this today. Too many woke idiots destroying TV and trying to socially engineer the viewer. This is fun TV

Big Bang Theory on weekdays from 4pm to 8pm on TBS. Reruns all the time, but it's lightweight and fun. No body counts. No social engineering by woke Hollywood. It's just fun to watch, although I admit I don't like Sheldon at all. He's rude and can't function.

Those are my two 'go to' Comfort TV shows.

I also like it when on Saturday or Sunday, a TV station will show a movie marathon ... like if they show Pirates I, II, III and IV. Something like that. I admit I like to veg out and watch them even though I've seen them a bunch.

Yeah, I watch a lot of TV. But it doesn't cost much and I'm older and can't move around like I used to so it's a good distraction for me.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've never been a fan of reruns but hubby watches Big Bang every night and I don't mind. He also watches reruns of the Stargate series, Star Trek, Seal Team, Planet of the Apes movies and Godzilla movies. I have to admit I'm not a fan of any of those reruns. lol
Maybe that's why I love to watch true crime murder mystery shows.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If/when I watch TV it's shows like :

MASH
Stargate SG 1
Cheers
Married With Children
Rockford Files
Firefly

and just about any 70s - 80s shows. The only modern shows I've watched/watching are The Blacklist and The Rookie. Since it ended with season 10, I went back and started re watching The Blacklist because it's just that good. I've never seen Walking Dead, Yellowstone, Game of Thrones or any of the other "must watch" TV shows.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Yeah, I watch a lot of TV. But it doesn't cost much and I'm older and can't move around like I used to so it's a good distraction for me.

I haven't watched broadcast TV in many, many years. If it isn't on some streaming service, I can't watch it.

I also don't have much time to binge anything, but occasionally will binge a few shows... Fringe was awesome, as were Justified, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. A real oldie that I've been considering buying on BlueRay is something my wife just loved, and she hates - I mean loathes - TV - was the series La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson. That show was well ahead of its time.

As for movies, there aren't many I like to watch more than once, but recently I've watched one like 3 or 4 times. Battleship. It's not the best movie out there, but there is something about it I really love, and I've always wished they'd made a sequel... I want my Battleship 2!

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I love the Big Bang Theory. I haven't seen much of Married With Children, but it looked really funny.
Al Bundy was hilarious.

I really like some of the British sitcoms.
Fawlty Towers
Keeping Up Appearances
Absolutely Fabulous

For sheer comfort TV, vintage cartoons! If I had to pick an all-time favorite, it would probably be The Simpsons.
edit on 26-5-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I did enjoy The Big Bang Theory. A channel called Legend over here in the UK did a re-run of the Six million Dollar Man recently which I caught an episode of, took me back to being about 5. I never realised how bad it was!!

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
For me at the moment, I am rewatching BBC TVs New Tricks for about the 3rd time. I am not sure its well known outside the UK though. Only Fools and Horses is also a must as long as its uncut !
As for films, my goto ones are Lethal Weapon 1-4, Aliens, Terminator 2, Any Star Trek films, Jaws and Mrs Doubtfire.
edit on 2652024 by devilhunter69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is getting personal, some topics here do.

I have been with people into those happy vibes. Some of it does help when looing for a reason to get out of bed in the morning and approach the day.

When I was a kid, Revenge of the Nerds.

Adolescent, Pink Floyd the Wall.

Next, Natural Born Killers.

Now, Apocalypse Now.

These days, I find comfort in knowing where I stand.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As a note, my next door neighbor is missing a few fingers from the Vietcong. The language barrier made things tough. Those times I did look into his eyes, lot of dark crap to deal with.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

As for films........Aliens...

Now that is a great movie, and along with Blade Runner are my favorite movies of all time. I named my first dog Bishop after the andriod in Aliens.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
One thing I like with Apocalypse Now, don't matter how high or deep your get, we are all accountable eventually. In making horror your friend or enemy, I don't know. Rather learn the easy way then the hard way.
edit on 27-5-2024 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Red Dwarf, rewatched this so many times, easy to watch without having to concentrate too much.
Films
Zulu, Italian Job (Original) Pulp fiction, Reservoir dogs and Dusk til Dawn have been watched many times and whenever any of the original planet of the apes is on I will usually watch it.

new topics

top topics

join