It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES They are back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

Now you're talking..... a pigeon hit my car yesterday.... feathers everywhere! They wait until you start slowing down before taking off.... I'm not playing their game anymore! Move or be splatted!
As to seaguls, managed to kill one of them many years ago when I drove a Jeep taking the kids to school. When they got home they were saying how the other children were saying "have you seen that dead seagul.... feathers everywhere!" My girls actually admitted it was me!!!
Hey ho.... pigeons and seaguls.... nope!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Now you're talking..... a pigeon hit my car yesterday.... feathers everywhere! They wait until you start slowing down before taking off.... I'm not playing their game anymore! Move or be splatted!
As to seaguls, managed to kill one of them many years ago when I drove a Jeep taking the kids to school. When they got home they were saying how the other children were saying "have you seen that dead seagul.... feathers everywhere!" My girls actually admitted it was me!!!
Rainbows
Jane
Sista ain’t play’n no mo 😂

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

Ive seen Seagulls hovering over me whilst im walking through town eating a cone of chips.
They glide beatifully and just wait to pounce and I had one crap on me wen I was 15 and
on holiday. Butlins in Minehead. Waiting for the roller coaster. About 70 people behind me, It was embarassing.

I shot a Pigeon off my balcony at 5.30am a few years ago.
I was working as a window fitter (main trade). I would get emergency call outs in the AM to board up a broken window.
That time Id worked all day got a nap then a call at 2am to board a shop window up about 25miles away.
Done the job drove the van back from birmingham.

Got back home about 5.30 and was just about to close my eyes.
Then "COOOCOOOCHOOOO
Fecking horrible sound.

I shot it.
Was a clean shot
I felt bad really bad almost to tears. Sleep deprivitation not good. I was succumbed to it.

20 pigeons later ive stopped counting.

cheers

Uncle D

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Thanks very much.

I too am glad i got them back, its a great day!

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Me too!

But then it made me think about Joanna Lummley (British Actress) saying in one of her programmes how she would love to have a crow as a pet that would sit on her shoulder like a 'familiar'.
Rainbows
Jane

I had such a crush on her years ago.

She was in a program "sapphire and steel" with David McCullum.

Plus The New Avengers, wow. She was brilliant.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

I have to admit when I was younger I shot a LOT of crows , I used to stand under the trees where they all roosted and let them have it with a 12 bore

These days I feed them as i walk around the park with my dog and they follow me wanting more , I remember hearing when I was young that if you cut a crows tongue down the middle it can talk

WHAT ??!!!!
Only kidding (not)

Get out, you're barred!!!!

Only kidding....(half)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I was walking down to get the mail one day and heard a pig in the tree grunting away. I was confused as to what caused that sound and saw a small crow fly away from the tree. I went back inside and hit the computer to research it and a small kind of crow can mimic animals it hears. It is usually not up here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I have not seen one doing that here since. I did see mocking birds here that year too, they usually do not come up this high, they can sound like many different birds....I was puzzled how so many different kind of birds could be in one tree. One bird flew by me, I looked it up and laughed.

So that crow....when pigs fly....I had just lost my source to buy a pig, my friend quit raising them. After seeing that crow I made some calls, and three miles away a guy was raising pigs for sale. But he did not have any extra pigs to sell that year and was not going to increase his production, so even though a crow told me there was a guy close who was raising them...I could not buy one.

Talking to animals can be so frustrating, but at least the crow told me someone around was growing food for me to put into my trash so he could get better quality food from the garbage bags.

See?

Smart bird be crows, clever now they are.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Just a FYI a lot of people won’t read your post when you have constantly moving avatars or objects in your profile. I personally skip those posters because it’s so distracting. On some sites it’s against T&C for this reason, thought it was here but maybe not.🤷‍♂️ Not to be a Karen 🤣

Heres a tip for you Karen, and anybody who finds them distracting.

Just scroll up a tad and you wont see them.

Otherwise im sorry you find them so distracting, give your head a wobble.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So glad you got your Crow's back!
Yes I also thought they were a bug on my screen.

While I don't have the best relationship with them, the crew here raided my Bluejay nest an killed the chicks in front of me. I like critters so to show my displeasure I'd go out front with the BB gun & sit. Being completely intelligent the Crows would bug off. Win-Win. No pot shots necessary.

However in Bryce Canyon in late winter altho it was stunning scenery a Crow/Raven not sure which made a appearance at a lookout we'd stopped at. Since it was the only critter for miles an late winter is hard, I hauled out a container of homemade floral-cinnamon-sugar cookie's. It took it an I watched it fly way across the canyon & give it to it's mate.

It got ridiculous.
Apparently 4 cookies stacked in it's beak was it's max capacity. It'd fly them right to it's mate, she'd be stuffing them somewhere in the rocks & he'd fly back for more. He did try stacking 5 but even loudmouths like them have limits.
On one of his last trips he insisted on moving further down the road, so I had to go to Him.

As I was trying to figure out why I had to move & Hubby was racking off about me "forcing cookies on birds" I saw my new friends point. Very large Cougar tracks in the snow. The tracks lead down into the canyon but it was new snow so they couldn't have been very old. No actual danger, but a very nice Birdy-TY!
(This was back in the early 90's before video's of smart crows doing things)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Just a FYI a lot of people won’t read your post when you have constantly moving avatars or objects in your profile. I personally skip those posters because it’s so distracting. On some sites it’s against T&C for this reason, thought it was here but maybe not.🤷‍♂️ Not to be a Karen 🤣

Heres a tip for you Karen, and anybody who finds them distracting.

Just scroll up a tad and you wont see them.

Otherwise im sorry you find them so distracting, give your head a wobble.
Nah, I just won’t read them jr. after that jerk response they’re obviously not worth reading anyways. Was just trying to be suggestive because they’re distracting af, enjoy your stay sport.
edit on 27-5-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I love them to. Originally had one land on my roof while I was in the yard. He then started making all these little coo's an other cute noises. It was like he was trying to have a conversation with me. He eventually left.

And to my surprise when I was in the yard the next day, he showed up again. And did the same routine. So my wife went in the house and got him some cat food.
He ate then left.
We started refering to him as Patch because he has a grey little patch on his breast.

7 am the next morning I hear a ruckus on my back deck.
The crow showed up with his whole family. Screaming at my back sliding door till we went outside.
Of course we fed them. And before long we had a family of crows showing up at the house multiple times daily for the past 6 months haha

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hey good to see you again Mac. Hope all is well.

Start talking to them, stop after a few seconds see it it responds. If not try again. I promise you you will have some form of conversation even though its obviously bird talk, literally.

Thanks for replying mate

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

You're judging my future posts from a 3 line reply. How psychic of you.

I been here 13 years, so have the crows.

Obviously you've never seen them so alls good. We dont be in the same threads if you've never seen them

Problem solved.

You too have an eventful and meaningful stay babs.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You're judging my future posts from a 3 line reply. How psychic of you.

I been here 13 years, so have the crows.

Obviously you've never seen them so alls good. We dont be in the same threads if you've never seen them

Problem solved.

You too have an eventful and meaningful stay babs.
Yeah I know you have, I remember you, I’ve been here for twenty. I do remember them, they were annoying then as they are now. They look more like the last three brain cells bouncing around in someone’s head.

posted on May, 28 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Aw, KK, im sorry you feel that way about them, but they are here to stay.

And as for them looking like "someone's last three brain cells bouncing around in someone's head" ???

They are flying KK flying. Free as a bird can be, flying.

Now, who's head are we talking about?

posted on May, 28 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Aw, KK, im sorry you feel that way about them, but they are here to stay.

And as for them looking like "someone's last three brain cells bouncing around in someone's head" ???

They are flying KK flying. Free as a bird can be, flying.

Now, who's head are we talking about?

Hey it’s okay bud, you enjoy them. Not a big deal to me. Was just trying to pass down some info in case you weren’t aware. I can think of three sites I’m a member of that doesn’t allow animated aviators or sigs for the reason I mentioned. You do you. Crows are cool n all

posted on May, 29 2024 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Aw thanks KK.

I was light heartedly joking anyway, im an Irishman. Its what we do.

Thanks.

And Hey, i dig your avatar

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Lol every single day we have those convos. These dang birds are starting to cost me a fortune haha

posted on Jun, 4 2024 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Lol every single day we have those convos. These dang birds are starting to cost me a fortune haha

Clever birds crows be, need feeding from you
Then on to the next person lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join