It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES They are back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not a lot to say about this, but a lot of yiz know my love for my crows.

I couldnt work it out until just now and im thrilled, im over the moon.

P.S. They're not insects, lol.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Crows usually signifies Death. Perhaps you'll change your mind knowing this fact? 😜

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Nope.

They been with me since i joined 13 years ago. This a/c is because my old password was no longer usable.

I have a crow friend who i feed and brings me trinkets in return.
We even have a conversation the odd time where i'll talk, the he'll squawk, and so on. Absolutely no idea obviously what we're conversing about but its interesting he'll listen and wait until im finished then he'll say his bit.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2
I always thought they were bats,I can see now they are crows.
Well played getting them back

Just reading the other day about a new trick they can do-

A team of scientists has shown that crows can 'count' out loud – producing a specific and deliberate number of caws in response to visual and auditory cues. While other animals such as honeybees have shown an ability to understand numbers, this specific manifestation of numeric literacy has not yet been observed in any other non-human species.

www.msn.com...

They can count,and use primitive tools.
Humans went from that to the silicone chip and space travel in maybe 25,000years.
I like to think crows will too.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

How funny ..... this just came up on my YU feed lol

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2
a reply to: boozo

Nope.

They been with me since i joined 13 years ago. This a/c is because my old password was no longer usable.

I have a crow friend who i feed and brings me trinkets in return.
We even have a conversation the odd time where i'll talk, the he'll squawk, and so on. Absolutely no idea obviously what we're conversing about but its interesting he'll listen and wait until im finished then he'll say his bit.

I have a crow friend who visits me. He will stay with me flying roof top to roof top as I walk about a block. I know he follows because if I walk back it will fly back the other direction woth me .

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Swear I thought this was the topic when I read the title. Lol

I began reading your OP and was way off!

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
Crows usually signifies Death. Perhaps you'll change your mind knowing this fact? 😜

The indinenous people of Alaska and Canada belive a person reincarnates as a crow when they die, so they are the bringers of new life to some.

It's all in how one chooses to believe.

@ SecretKnowledge2 Glad you got your birds back!
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
First thing I heard today when I went outside was a murder of crows up the hill in the woods. Loads of them and it's unusual.

Something's in the air....

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Crows are Amazing. They roost in my town during the spring, summer, and fall in the thousands.

I love watching them, and listening. At dusk and dawn, they block out the sun either coming or going for the day.

I have never had them talk to me, but when i acknowledge them, they tilt their head and listen...it is cool.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Me too!

But then it made me think about Joanna Lummley (British Actress) saying in one of her programmes how she would love to have a crow as a pet that would sit on her shoulder like a 'familiar'.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The thing about where i live, is a coastal town. So seagulls are the kingpins when it comes to who gets first dibs on the food.

So i have a crow that sits on an electrical wire across the back. He's my buddy he's the one i feed.
I leave him bits of whatever on top of the back porch and over he comes.

When im at work theres a single crow who also sits on an electrical wire and in the stands (soccer pitch) and i'd swear its him watching over me.

Talking with him is hilarious though.

Thanks everyone i appreciate the replies

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I saved a copy of the gif for reference. If you ever lose or misplace it, give me a shout.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Cheers mate, will do. Nice one

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Me too!

But then it made me think about Joanna Lummley (British Actress) saying in one of her programmes how she would love to have a crow as a pet that would sit on her shoulder like a 'familiar'.
Rainbows
Jane

Joanna Lummley..
Ive not watched anything of her in years wen she went to that island and do a survival show, tried to live of it.
Cant forget her in ABFAB (absoloutly fabulous) loved it..

Any ways Ive a couple of crows recently walking on my balcony.
I live in a block of flats with 23 floors.
I live on the fourth.
I know they are looking for pigeons eggs on mine or next door.

They are no bother at all its the pigeons doing my tits in.
They start at about 5am and its only 2 or 3 but its so bastardo noisy and messy.

Oh and the BLOODY SEAGULLS!!
They sound at times.... HUMAN..

I do love crows.

Uncle D

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
First thing I heard today when I went outside was a murder of crows up the hill in the woods. Loads of them and it's unusual.

Something's in the air....

Crows are typical animals, if indeed smart. In the spring they like to steal eggs, young birds and animals from nests in trees. When they raise a ruckus, usually, they are dead set on running an owl or hawk until it flees the area. Of the crows mentioned, they all apparently have a motive.
edit on 26-5-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I live in the country and even though I have not developed the sort of relationship with them as you, and obviously, we don't speak a common language or understand each other, I do call out to crows in a semblance of their language and they usually answer me back.

Smart birds!

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I have to admit when I was younger I shot a LOT of crows , I used to stand under the trees where they all roosted and let them have it with a 12 bore

These days I feed them as i walk around the park with my dog and they follow me wanting more , I remember hearing when I was young that if you cut a crows tongue down the middle it can talk

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was walking down to get the mail one day and heard a pig in the tree grunting away. I was confused as to what caused that sound and saw a small crow fly away from the tree. I went back inside and hit the computer to research it and a small kind of crow can mimic animals it hears. It is usually not up here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I have not seen one doing that here since. I did see mocking birds here that year too, they usually do not come up this high, they can sound like many different birds....I was puzzled how so many different kind of birds could be in one tree. One bird flew by me, I looked it up and laughed.

So that crow....when pigs fly....I had just lost my source to buy a pig, my friend quit raising them. After seeing that crow I made some calls, and three miles away a guy was raising pigs for sale. But he did not have any extra pigs to sell that year and was not going to increase his production, so even though a crow told me there was a guy close who was raising them...I could not buy one.

Talking to animals can be so frustrating, but at least the crow told me someone around was growing food for me to put into my trash so he could get better quality food from the garbage bags.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Just a FYI a lot of people won’t read your post when you have constantly moving avatars or objects in your profile. I personally skip those posters because it’s so distracting. On some sites it’s against T&C for this reason, thought it was here but maybe not.🤷‍♂️ Not to be a Karen 🤣

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join