It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion the number 1 killer of all time?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Humanity dies each in turn and senselessly for the most part, and the Humanist endeavors
wastes away means time and effort without exception, none have any lasting consequence,
have you forgotten what the word translated Religion means (?), or did you not look
to know in the first place? It is to 'outward serve' fellow persons!

Let us hope when the real "number 1 killer of all time" stands up -that religion has helped some to come to their realization of GOD.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The realisation of god and the actions and nonhumanitarian beliefs that are incorporated into todays religons ARE TWO ENTIRELY SEPERATE ISSUES,anyone can realise god or an idea like god OUTSIDE OF NONHUMANITARIAN RELIGOUS DOCTRINES.

Using your quest for god or any idea is no excuse for nonhumanitarian behaviour,this is the crux of what I am saying ,you see the real sticking point is becoming obvious,its the false belief that religons foster within people that MAKES THEM BELIEVE THAT THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO DEFEND THEIR RELIGOUS PERSPECTIVE AS IF THEIR VERY SURVIVAL DEPENDED ON IT UP TO AND INCLUDING DEFENDING THIS IDEALISM TO THE DEATH OR MAYBE TO YOUR DEATH IF YOU TRY TO STOP THEIR WORSHIP OR POWERMONGERING.

What I am saying to people is to be honest about the state of todays religons and either demand change or withdraw from those doctrines that will not or choose not to convert to humanitarian based doctrine,OR ACCEPT YOUR SHARE OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DAMAGES YOU ARE INCURRING AS WE SPEAK.

I dont remember saying that no one had a right to start a new religon that could replace their current one,it would just be easier to clean house from within and bring everyone on board todays global quest for our species creator,NOT OUR LITTLE RELIGONS VERSION OF THIS IDEA.

You know that what I am saying brings all of these religons together by default right?Everyone gets to be right!!!NO ONE HAS TO BE WRONG!!!

We have to end the old perspective completely before we can move on and religon has to make this change happen from within and fast or risk becoming obsolete and excluded from humanities reality.

We are ready for the big picture,we just need to be brought together and that usually takes one special person and many special circumstances.

And religon is still the number one killer of humanity by a landslide.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is an older thread, but if you look at this thread, D'Souza debunks the idea that religious wars have killed more people than temporal wars.

Link

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why do I always see this assertion which is so blatantly false? Let's see what atheist regimes have done for us.

Robespierre: hundreds of thousands killed
Stalin: 70 million dead
Mao: 100 million
Pol Pot: 25% of the entire population of Cambodia murdered by an insane atheist.

Need we talk about Vietnam, Cuba, North Korea and many other insane vicious atheist regimes?
Modern atheism in the first world has killed 10s of millions in abortion clinics to serve their atheist god.

I believe atheists have killed more than all the worlds religions combined, though I would classify atheism as a type of religion, with it's own unique creation myth, namely; nothing created everything.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
That would be bacteria.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join