It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoever Calls On The "Name" Of The LORD Will Be Saved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LuciusDriftwood

This is my major point. The Word of God was given the way it was. As intended by God. You can believe what it says, or not, you may interpret it differently from someone else, but you must not change the original Latin text. Any translation after the Latin is suspect. Some try to change the meaning. In the JW Bible, it says and I directly quote, and the Word was a God. One simple letter “A” strips Christ’s divinity and relegates him to being a lesser God. This is not the truth according to God.

Simple to understand. Plain and simple attempt at deception. The bickering about what Christs message was ended with the Latin Bible. This lasted almost 2,000 years until it was translated into English. I’m sure they tried to be careful, but words in different languages can mean different things. I trust the HRCC translation to English, you may not. But you must trust the original Latin.

Suddenly, at that time the bickering started again. Once people could actually read the words, all hell broke loose, and everybody was an expert. HRCC had access to records and contemporary accounts that no one else ever had in the modern era. That’s what they used. Now, some second guess their results. They are dead wrong.

I urge everyone to read Revelations 22:18 , that has an interest in this whole subject. You can find it at the very back of the Bible at the end of Revelations. I’d quote it, but it’s better if you find it, and read it yourself.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

This topic is not on the Divinity of Christ or the Trinity but only God's personal name.

That is another topic worthy of discussion but it always ends the same way.....

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Noted, I’m gone.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 02:04 AM
link   

"Jehovah" was historically derived from the Tetragrammaton (YHWH), with the consonants YHWH combined with the vowels from the Hebrew word Adonai (meaning "Lord") to produce "Jehovah"

If Jehova includes vowels of Adonai. The pronunciation of Jehova will neither be YHWH nor Adonai. But a euphemism that is used in place of the sacred name. I do believe that Psalm 150:6 is a strong clue "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.". Not man but all animals as well. So believe YHWH does not have vowels. But is the sound of the breath itself ...

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

YHWH (יהוה): This is the Tetragrammaton, the most sacred name of God in Judaism. It is often transliterated as "Yahweh" but is not pronounced in Jewish tradition out of respect. Instead, Jews often say "Adonai" (אֲדֹנָי) or "HaShem" (הַשֵּׁם), which means "The Name."

"it is impossible to have a deep relationship with a nameless God." --Maimonides; a Jewish scholar and famous talmudist

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I hope you come back. There was truth and value in what you shared.

Not everyone is at the same level of understanding or interest. Some are trying, some are still young in their knowledge, some haven't lost their "superior" ego yet. As long as we are all striving to understand and share then we learn more and it all works to the greater good of God (and of course I mean, they aren't being deceptive). This isn't meant for you, but everyone.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I have always conversed with people on this forum. This is not something new or revolutionary. And if you want to talk about families I could bring up many examples of Catholic families doing things. For example there was a Catholic family not far from where I am that wanted the land of a Jehovah's Witness family to use for growing crops for the drug trade as they are in the Cartel. Well, the JW family didn't want to sell their farm. So the Catholic family took one of the kids of the JW family and murdered him and then took one of their pigs and opened it up and stuck the body inside the pig and left it for the family as a warning what they would do to all of them if they didn't give them the land.

I know of Catholic families that were in concentration camps as guards and gestapo that would mercilessly beat, and shoot and murder JWs that would not participate in and help the Nazi party. And I know of Catholic families that were mercilessly going from door to door down in Rwanda searching out their Tutsi neighbors so they could drag them out onto the street and hack them to death with machetes. Which they did. They did this to a Jehovah's Witness couple who were trying to hide in a Hutu brother's home. The Catholic family went in drug out the Tutsi couple, a young man and woman and hacked them to death in front of the Hutu JW family.

To bring up a JW family you knew back 50 years ago that you didn't like as a reason to hate all Jehovah's Witnesses say TONS more about you than anything.

And talking of Charles Taze Russell. If you are indeed interested in learning the truth about him here is a documentary that you may find enlightening:

Jehovah's Witnesses—Faith in Action, Part 1: Out of Darkness

edit on Mon, 27 May 2024 13:06:30 -0500pm52720240500000030America/ChicagoMon, 27 May 2024 13:06:30 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

I agree with the op, this is not the place. One of us with interest, should start a post directly related to our discussion. Perhaps you would care to do this, so we can continue our discussion. I will look for it.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BukkaWukka

Thank you for your kind words, but let’s respect the op’s wishes, and take it elsewhere.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I want to address some points made previously by other posters by way of the "Dead Sea Scrolls"

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a collection of ancient Jewish manuscripts discovered between 1947 and 1956 in the Qumran Caves near the Dead Sea, in the West Bank. These texts are considered one of the most significant archaeological finds of the 20th century due to their historical, religious, and linguistic importance.

About 40% of the scrolls are copies of texts from the Hebrew Bible. These include fragments from every book of the Old Testament except the Book of Esther. They are the oldest known surviving copies of these texts, dating back to the third century BCE.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were written over a period ranging from approximately the third century BCE to the first century CE. This time frame encompasses a significant era in Jewish history, including the late Second Temple period.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, do contain references to God's name. The usage of God's name varies among the scrolls, reflecting different practices and traditions of the Jewish community at the time.

The most significant use of God's name in the Dead Sea Scrolls is the Tetragrammaton, YHWH, which is considered the most sacred name of God in Judaism. In many instances, the scribes of the Dead Sea Scrolls preserved this name in its original Hebrew form. The Tetragrammaton appears in various texts, including biblical manuscripts and sectarian writings, highlighting its central role in Jewish worship and theology.

This dispels any idea that God's name via the Tretatragammaton was either not used or spoken originally by the Jews, although it certainly fell out of use due to Rabbinic clergy enforced edicts. But that was never God's intent, and Jesus said the Jewish clergy went way beyond the Mosaic law when he was on the earth.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

In Exodus ....Moses asks the Lord God what he should call him......The Lord God answered with "I am that I am"....answers your question for me.

WOW; talk about taking something right out on context, you quoted 3:14 but the very next verse(15)explains it and says...."And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." - ASV

But I think you already knew that, "sometimes people just want to see the truth burn" because they have a chaos agenda.

No chaos agenda , just reading directly out of KJV bible from 1955. Chapter 3:14.....And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM :and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. In verse 15 where you use Jehovah : my text in KJV says Lord God.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Exodus 3:15 - American Standard Version

"Lord" is a title rather than a name. It is used in various contexts to signify authority, honor, or nobility. Here are a few ways the title "Lord" is used:

Nobility: In the British peerage system, "Lord" is used as a general term for members of the nobility, such as barons, viscounts, earls, marquesses, and dukes. For example, a baron might be referred to as "Lord Smith."

Formal Address: "Lord" is also used in formal address for certain high-ranking officials or people with titles of respect. For instance, judges in the House of Lords are often referred to as "Lords."

Religious Context: In Christianity and other religions, "Lord" is used to refer to deities or divine figures, such as "Lord Jesus" or "Lord Vishnu."

Feudal System: Historically, during the feudal era, a "lord" was a landowner who had authority over a certain area and the people living there, often with vassals who owed him allegiance.

In all these contexts, "Lord" denotes a title of respect, authority, or nobility, rather than being a personal name.

So saying my name is "Lord" is an incorrect way to translate that text.

Also if you are so hung up on the King James Bible, you should check out Psalms 83:18.
I researched 4 different copies of the KJ bible they all use "Jehovah"

Divine Name KJB
Authorized KJB
21C KJB
KJB

Psalms 83:18 in the King James Bible (KJV) 1955 reads as follows:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."

This verse emphasizes the uniqueness and supremacy of Jehovah, underscoring the belief in the singular, all-powerful nature of God.
edit on 1-6-2024 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join