It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal parks officials barring American Flags in National Park Memorial weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Officials at Alaska’s famed Denali National Park are in hot water after allegedly telling construction crews at the park not to fly the American flag.
Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, penned a letter to National Park Service Director Charles Sams demanding an explanation for the actions of officials at Denali National Park, pointing out that the demand for the construction crew to remove the flag was made on the "eve of Memorial Day weekend."
In his letter, Sullivan explained that one of the construction vehicles involved in the project had a 3 x 5 foot American flag affixed to it, but for "reasons that remain unclear, someone at the National Park Service (NPS) caused the construction crew to remove the American flag."

Federal parks officials barring American Flags in National Park Memorial weekend

So I found this absolutely disgusting especially considering it’s Memorial Day weekend. What has happened to us as a country? TPTB don’t even want us to show our patriotism to our country anymore. I was in somewhat disbelief when I first read the story which quickly turned to sadness for what we’ve become as a nation. I guess it’s what our commie gov wants. I feel like everything our Forefathers, War Vets and current military has fought for is being erased. Coming from a family with generation after generation of Veterans that have fought for this country and others in the Civil War, WW1, WW2, Vietnam and close friends that served Iraq and Afghanistan, I’m disgusted in our Gov leaders and the path they’re leading us down.

+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

There should be no place in the country that it would be forbidden to display the national symbol of the country.
The flag is the representation of all the good, bad, ugly and the right to speak your mind.

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Only in clown world would it be offensive to display a country’s flag in a national park in said country.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That is a concern. What next?;ban star spangled banner for being too violent?

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There should be no place in the country that it would be forbidden to display the national symbol of the country.
The flag is the representation of all the good, bad, ugly and the right to speak your mind.

100%

Yet the administration thinks this is okay, nothing against the community, just saying.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sure. Anything to degrade Patriotism in the U.S.

Remember Obama went wild ass crazy to stop entry into many National areas when he was faced with a gov shutdown years back.

Jealousy and Bitterness ❎

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Communists

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The more non Americans welcomed and catered to, the more American symbols and values will be criticized and eventually suppressed to make our "newcomers" comfortable.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The more non Americans welcomed and catered to, the more American symbols and values will be criticized and eventually suppressed to make our "newcomers" comfortable.

As I said in another thread, there will come a time when Americans will be the minority in America.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There will Also come a time when Americans who Cherish Personal Freedoms will Finally DEFEND their Legacy given to them by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights . Sadly ,Some among them will ' Sit On the Fence " and Watch in SHAME .

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

There is no place in this country where Old Glory should be banned for any reason.
Especially not in a National Park on Memorial Day weekend.

That really pisses me off.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: DBCowboy

There will Also come a time when Americans who Cherish Personal Freedoms will Finally DEFEND their Legacy given to them by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights . Sadly ,Some among them will ' Sit On the Fence " and Watch in SHAME .
Gosh I hope so, needs to happen sooner than later. We’re getting pushed closer and closer to that point😤

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

There is no place in this country where Old Glory should be banned for any reason.
Especially not in a National Park on Memorial Day weekend.

That really pisses me off.

Right? Pissed me off too. I’m really curious who the person was that made that call. They should be shamed and made famous. There is a investigation so…we’ll see.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If you read the article:

"Reports that a National Park Service (NPS) official ordered the removal of an American flag from a Denali bridge construction worker’s vehicle at Denali National Park are false," said Peter Christian in a statement. "At no time did an NPS official seek to ban the American flag from the project site or associated vehicles. The NPS neither administers the bridge project contract, nor has the authority to enforce terms or policies related to the contract or contractors performing the work. The American flag can be seen at various locations within Denali National Park – at park facilities and campsites, on public and private vehicles, and at employee residences – and we welcome its display this Memorial Day weekend and every day," Christian said.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'll ask the same question I ask each time a thread like this gets started here..Why leave out key parts from the source you used? Is it because reporting the full story changes the narrative too much or is it that its just a copy and paste or only interested in telling 1 side of the story?

The claim appears to have originated in a report by the Alaska Watchman, a local conservative news outlet that cited an anonymous construction worker at the park. Fox News Digital has been unable to independently verify the details of the report, but a National Parks Service official disputed the account.

So the original claim can't be verified but appears to have been started by a local conservative news outlet that quoted an anonymous construction worker.

From the same source, this alleged event never occurred.

"Reports that a National Park Service (NPS) official ordered the removal of an American flag from a Denali bridge construction worker’s vehicle at Denali National Park are false," said Peter Christian in a statement. "At no time did an NPS official seek to ban the American flag from the project site or associated vehicles."

The flag is flown throughout the park, and the NPS doesn't have any authority over contractors, he said.

"The NPS neither administers the bridge project contract, nor has the authority to enforce terms or policies related to the contract or contractors performing the work," Christian said. "The American flag can be seen at various locations within Denali National Park – at park facilities and campsites, on public and private vehicles, and at employee residences – and we welcome its display this Memorial Day weekend and every day."

edit on 2024pAmerica/Chicago3106-05:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

ATS in 2024, hyperbole wins out over facts.

edit on 2024pAmerica/Chicago3106-05:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: opethPA

yeahbutwhatabout the letter from the Senator?

On blast: Sen. Sullivan takes Park Service to task for banning American flags on construction trucks in Denali National Park

Yes the Senator wrote a letter which also doesn't mention any facts or address the fact that the Park claims it didnt happen.

I mean it's not like a politician (Red or Blue) would ever pander their target audience without getting the facts.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Why is it that these things always happen when the left is in power?

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TzarChasm

As I said in another thread, there will come a time when Americans will be the minority in America.

By "Americans", do you by any chance mean non-Hispanic white people?

(post by DBCowboy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join