It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal parks officials barring American Flags in National Park Memorial weekend

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
(post by Zanti Misfit removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Well , If and When " They " Come for you Sir , I Hope you do the right thing and Die on your Feet and not on your Knees.......

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'll ask the same question I ask each time a thread like this gets started here..Why leave out key parts from the source you used? Is it because reporting the full story changes the narrative too much or is it that its just a copy and paste or only interested in telling 1 side of the story?

Ummmm I posted a link of the whole story. I posted a few paragraphs for the gist of the story as asked, so I didn’t have a wall of text. I omitted nothing from the story. Linky👍

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:12 PM
link   
They should ban the American flag in DC now since they seem to be giving illegal immigrants more rights than US citizens now at the White house. This Administration does not seem to be things that are good for the majority of good Americans, they seem to be focused on just doing things that benefit small groups. We are all equal in America, no special rights should be given to a small percentage of the population.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Good.

So you leftists got busted and backtracked.

I wouldnt know, you should accuse of Leftist of that.
What i know is as usual you aren't open to meaningful conversation so rock on with your badself.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
So I found this absolutely disgusting

I think it's really simple.

If someone is afraid of Dogs, don't go near my Dog.

If someone is afraid of the American flag, don't go near an American flag.

It's asinine that people don't get that.

Someone's phobia doesn't get to override everyone else's rights.

If someone asks nicely, that's a different story.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't think they actually have the right to violate the freedom of speech.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   

thats not what the people answering the phone said.

I live in alaska and people called and got told the trucks driving to and from the site were "distracting" and that is when they were told to remove the flag.

If you want to believe the propaganda knock yourself out.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I live in alaska and people called and got told the trucks driving to and from the site were "distracting" and that is when they were told to remove the flag.

Hmmm interesting, thx for that bit of info. I’m not really buying the back peddling from the Park.
edit on 27-5-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It's funny how propaganda works. When its the message one side wants then folks should listen to it.....

"Citing an anonymous source, the site reported Denali‘s superintendent, Brooke Merrell, “contacted the man overseeing the federal highways project, claiming there had been complaints about the U.S. flags, and notifying him that bridge workers must stop flying the stars and stripes from their vehicles because it detracts from the ‘park experience.’”

On the other side , a rebuttal with a name at least attached to it

"In a written statement on Sunday, the park service disputed the reports.

Reports that a National Park Service (NPS) official ordered the removal of an American flag from a Denali bridge construction worker’s vehicle at Denali National Park are false,” wrote park service Alaska spokesman Peter Christian.

“At no time did an NPS official seek to ban the American flag from the project site or associated vehicles. The NPS neither administers the bridge project contract, nor has the authority to enforce terms or policies related to the contract or contractors performing the work. The American flag can be seen at various locations within Denali National Park — at park facilities and campsites, on public and private vehicles, and at employee residences — and we welcome its display this Memorial Day weekend and every day.”

Both quotes come from the same article: www.adn.com...

My guess is the truth, like so much of life, will be found in the middle.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   

funny thing, I didnt make the connection earlier saw a long train of vehicles all flying the american flag passing through Fairbanks.

To be fair I dont think its the ladies fault that got named, most likely it was a flunky trying to make those contractors respect his/her authority.

but for the moment at least (based off the phone calls) someone does appear to have said they had to take the flags off the trucks, even if its not an outright ban, the optics are terrible considering how polarized the nation is.

Me I would never fly the flag in my jeep, and it irritates me when I see people doing it because almost always its torn up.

I did 20 in the military and there is a certain way you should care for the flag, flying it off your vehicle isnt it in my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I'll ask the same question I ask each time a thread like this gets started here..Why leave out key parts from the source you used?

Because then they can't pretend that the gravy seals are going to unite, hop on their mobility scooters, and go pew pew.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been a pride flag or a BlM flag ?

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: budzprime69

I'm sure his parents fully supported burning the flag then. Good on them exercise the rights granted to them.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Whatever floats your boat, if you’re into the flag burning scene, it says more about that person than their action of burning the flag. Don’t even get me started on the losers kneeling.

Respect is in the crapper. I have a friend that was in Thailand and stepped on a dropped Thai baht (currency) to keep it from blowing away, big mistake. He had a cop stop directing traffic run over to him and proceeded to scream and chew his a$$ out hardcore, threatening arrest. The bill has a pic of the King of Thailand on it, they don’t play over there when it comes to respect. Their culture reflects this upbringing, like most Asian countries. America is losing all respect.

People burning or disrespecting the flag are clueless as to what it stands for and the sacrifices and blood shed for their freedoms. They need to spend some time in a country that doesn’t have the freedoms we do.

I heard Brittney Grinner stands for the anthem now, lol

Draping the flag is equally as disrespectful as burning the flag. You should brush up on tradition before defending someone disrespecting the flag on a truck meant to get dirty.
Go you though for supporting freedom of expression.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

I wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been a pride flag or a BlM flag ?

They probably would of passed out flyers, had a parade and a love in, destroying everything in the park, pulling down statues of Smokey the bear, looting park stores and campers and leaving all their trash and destruction behind when they left. It’s kind of what they do.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

funny thing, I didnt make the connection earlier saw a long train of vehicles all flying the american flag passing through Fairbanks.

To be fair I dont think its the ladies fault that got named, most likely it was a flunky trying to make those contractors respect his/her authority.

but for the moment at least (based off the phone calls) someone does appear to have said they had to take the flags off the trucks, even if its not an outright ban, the optics are terrible considering how polarized the nation is.

Me I would never fly the flag in my jeep, and it irritates me when I see people doing it because almost always its torn up.

I did 20 in the military and there is a certain way you should care for the flag, flying it off your vehicle isnt it in my opinion.

That is my take on it. The NPS is trying to walk it back. It seems the contractor was told to remove, but it was not an official request. A low level flunky (like the NPS work inspector overseeing the project) made the request without official sanction. That left the Park Superintendent scrambling and in a bad light. She had to undo the damage one of her minions created. That she already had run-ins with locals and known for her far-left political views in a deep red area didn't help her efforts.
Someone without any authority spoke out of turn and others with a political agenda used this nothingburger to inflame a #-storm.
Before anyone tries to smear the right over this, remember the left has done the same many times.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: YouSir

Well , If and When " They " Come for you Sir , I Hope you do the right thing and Die on your Feet and not on your Knees.......

Ummm...they'd have to topple me over...these old knees just can't bend that far...to actually kneel...

YouSir

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: chr0naut

Leftist outlets wouldn't report it.

FACT.

No, they wouldn't... except as parody.

Most reasonable people wouldn't die for a bit of useless coloured cloth, but what is of concern are those who would kill for it, like life is meaningless, but cheaply printed 'made in China' stuff you can get anywhere for a few $, is more valuable.

Ummm...I'll have you know that my flag is sewn and the stars are embroidered...

No cheaply printed idolatry symbol...no sir...

Course...it did come from a casket as the 21 gun salute rang out...and was smartly tri-folded...and handed to the widow...who gave it to me in remembrance...

I can still smell the gunpowder...

YouSir

My teacher in pre-school gave me a gold star for being a good boy and not talking in class.

I can still smell the mimeograph machine (they don't have them anymore, I think the solvent was carcinogenic, or something).

I didn't keep the star in remembrance.

Ummm...well...obviously that lesson didn't stick...and apparently neither did the star...

Besides...it was probably the starch and streak in your underwear you were smelling...

No doubt carcinogenic...

So I'll give you that...

YouSir

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Was this already posted? I didn't read the whole thread.

Link

The National Park Services deny that anyone gave such instructions. Seems the story came from Alaska Watchman, a conservative outlet. An unknown and not credible source of news.

"At no time did an NPS official seek to ban the American flag from the project site or associated vehicles," the statement said. "The NPS neither administers the bridge project contract, nor has the authority to enforce terms or policies related to the contract or contractors performing the work."

The statement continued: "The American flag can be seen at various locations within Denali National Park – at park facilities and campsites, on public and private vehicles, and at employee residences – and we welcome its display this Memorial Day weekend and every day."

Did Alaska Watchman fall for some Russian 'ganda?

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

heard from locals in Alaska that called the park service and were told they couldnt have flags on the trucks driving to and from the site by the people answering the phone.

That public relations response is just that CYA, some flunky decided to flex on those dirty plebs and it blew up on them.

I dont care who first broke the story I put stock in locals that called to ask what the heck and the answer they were given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join