It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rishi Sunak to announce UK General Election on July 4th?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
a reply to: BedevereTheWise
Immigration is the biggest factor with the housing crisis and rent increases though, it certainly isn't an explosion in the birth rate lol.
Take 2023, net migration was just over 600,000 that's net, after including everyone who left the country.
In the same year only 40,000 new homes were built.

No matter how much you try to deny it, the figures speak for themselves, and immigration is THE major contributing factor, certainly for the sky high rents and house prices.

...let me guess, you'll say it's because we aren't building enough new homes quickly enough next, anything except blaming the obvious elephant in the room!🤣😂🤣

Well lack of building , particularly social housing,is a major issue.

We do need better controls and processes on immigration , but blaming it for everything rather than the incompetence of the government is a massive cop out.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Immigration is a problem but it isn't the driver of house prices or private rents.

I believe the Courts just ordered that those on the Rwanda list get out on bail cos they pose no risk of absconding.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Immigration is a problem but it isn't the driver of house prices or private rents.

I believe the Courts just ordered that those on the Rwanda list get out on bail cos they pose no risk of absconding.

The Rwanda policy is a particularly strong example of the current government's stupidity.

I don't even have a particular issue of using third party countries, but if you are over a certain age what is your first mental picture of Rwanda and does it involve machetes.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

When I first heard of this insanity, I thought, you couldn't make this up?

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

When I first heard of this insanity, I thought, you couldn't make this up?

But it's OK. They passed a bill to make Rwanda safe so all is good now.

Amazing that is all it takes. We could wipe out crime overnight.

posted on Jun, 14 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sunak says he will stay on as MP if Conservatives lose election.
That tells us there will be a change of leader and my money is on Mordant given she's the one on the 'Terrible 7' and not deputy leader Dowden as Rayner is opposition deputy.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

After this one, I think we will see a couple of different Tory leaders before the next election.

I would bet we will see that grinning idiot, Hunt as leader before too long.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I flippin' hope not! Pol;itical commentators were even asking where is he. Nobody has seen sight of him since Sunak announced election!
Shame Doinic Raab is stepping down. He's NOT WEF, which tells us all we need to know.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A new poll published today predicts the Tories could win just 75 seats with Labour on course to take a massive 456 , Reform could pick up 7 seats , hopefully one of those is mine where our outgoing Tory MP is campaigning for the Reform candidate.

A separate Survation poll for Best for Britain, published by The Times, predicted the Tories would win just 72 seats in the next parliament, compared with 456 for Labour.

The results would give Labour a majority of 262 seats - far surpassing the landslide Labour achieved under Sir Tony Blair in 1997 - while the Liberal Democrats would pick up 56 seats, Reform seven and the Greens one seat.

It comes after a YouGov poll on Thursday night put Nigel Farage's party on 19% of the vote, compared with 18% for the Conservatives.
news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
While I am disappointed that so many people seem to have forgotten the lib dems blatant lying, I can't help but laugh that the greens are projected to just get the one seat still, you'd think by now they would have moved beyond just the outlying nuthouse that is Brighton...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join