It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whom among you has returned from the dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I wonder.

I speak not of near death.

I ask of crossing the threshold completely.

Real death.

Heart stops, brain stops.

Consciousness moves on to another place.

Few are those who returned from this.

I wonder, whom among you?

If any, speak up.

If only One, then so be it.

But I feel there are more.

So then share if you will.

I have returned to the living.

I am forever changed.

God be praised.

Note: this is not a religious take on life, though you should respect my expression, as I would yours.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Good thread topic.

There is a book by a dude named Eben Alexander.
Apparently he's a neurosurgeon who 'died' and came back to life.

Because of my experiences which you know of, i was repeatedly asked to read his book, "proof of Heaven"

I have it here beside me right now, given to me by a Shaman.

I dont read books, never have. Also im a big time procrastinator in certain aspects of my life and reading, whether it be on the internet or a book, is high on the list.

So i doubt i shall ever read it. But im told his experience is quite similar to mine.

It may be of interest to you.

EDIT: I do understand my experience is not what you are seeking here, i just thought that book may be of interest to. He was dead and came back.

Keep on keepin' on Brother.

Love and Starlight, SecretKnowledge.

edit on 25 5 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: ADDED EXTRA LINE

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Me. Last August I was night fishing, tripped headfirst into the lake. I drowned. When my mates pulled me out my heart had stopped.

Luckily one guy knew CPR and did it for about 5 minutes. I came back. Woke up. He did a proper job because he broke 3 ribs.

I experienced nothing. Just woke up.

But I had been technically dead. No pulse.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

When you woke, was it akin to waking from a nap?

Or perhaps from a deep sleep?

Or instantaneous?

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don’t have proof of dying in this reality and proof of anything is hard to come by.

I believe it is possible I died in one or two parallel realities due to random bad luck. One time it was very stormy and a bridge could have washed out but I remember traveling around no issues until I arrived at my destination. People I knew were different in slight ways. One girl I knew had a different color hair. When I asked her why she dyed her hair she just stared at me for several seconds saying nothing. Then she said her hair hadn’t been that color in years “long before I knew her”.

Another time I had a vague flashback image in my head after a police officer stopped me one night and just gave me a warning. I must have been weaving slightly trying to stay awake while driving. I had a vague flashback that I never posted before of the same officer finding my body in my car possibly after an accident. I had fallen asleep while driving and crashed. It was the same officer. I rolled down the window as instructed and let the cold air keep me awake the 12 miles or so left to go. I noticed more slight changes afterwards. I suspected my consciousness shifted into a similar but parallel reality. Unfortunately if that did happen, my surviving parent and loved ones had to deal with all the grief and lack of my support and lack of preparation for me crossing over. I had always been told if you die, you would go to heaven or hell or purgatory not suddenly shift to some parallel reality where almost everything is the same but you might notice slight differences and people might think you are crazy or losing your memory.

Made me wonder when I was driving home late one stormy night on a two lane road through the woods how in the world I managed to avoid getting killed when I spotted a large tree blocking the road at 60 miles an hour after I crossed the top of a hill. I had no time to stop. The top of the tree went just past the edge of the road with a slight grassy area to the right and a large drop off. I somehow kept my left 2 tires on the road for traction and flew through the grass and edge of the tree to arrive safely on the other side at around 55 mph even though ground was so wet that a tree blew down. Not a scratch. I was like wow. Could have died. Sad if I did in a different reality and I just remember wow, how did that happen?

After I switch one time, I have wondered if I am no longer anchored to one reality and could shift at random again. I don’t really like thinking about it too much because it’s disturbing to experience it and wonder what if I really am going crazy? This is definitely not any proven nde or death. I have no idea how anyone could prove it.

I will add at a young age I was in the path of a strong tornado heading towards me while in bed. I saw Death or an image of a character I will call Death riding a horse in the sky plus some others on horses riding alongside Death towards me. I was spared at the last moment and a bit shaken up even though the tornado did not do any damage to our house. It chopped off a large 2 ft diameter pine tree at roof level at the end of the house and stripped bare 5 inch diameter pine tree branches overhanging the house all the way back to a big 3 foot diameter pine tree. The 3 foot diameter pine tree had no branches anymore on one side overhanging our 2 story house. My bed was upstairs in the south side. I was spared. My mother said she was praying. I said I was praying. It was around 3 am. Across the street, 2 large 2.5 foot diameter pine trees growing next to each other were chopped off at ground level and stuck in the ground upside down like the devil stuck them in like toothpicks. I rarely tell anyone I saw Death on a horse. I never told my father.

I will add the old house we were in had been built to withstand hurricane force winds and when we attempted to tear off a floorboard, we gave up because the board had multiple nails of different sizes spread throughout. I never saw so many nails in a board. Literally every square inch had a nail. My bedroom wall was shaking and air was rushing through our attic. I believe someone had left the attic door open and there was a huge suction going on. Even though I had an image in my head of riders on horses, I do not remember the horses having any wings but they were all flying. The riders including Death sitting on horses. At least that is how I remember it now.
edit on 25-5-2024 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I just opened my eyes and had no idea what was going on.

I now remember being in the water. It was dark and I couldn't see the bank. I was shouting for help, kept going under swallowing water panicking then the lights went out. If my mates had been asleep I wouldn't be here.

I had PTSD for a while, had counseling and was told to go back to the lake and not to push it to the back of my mind.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My mom died and came back while I was being born. Dr had thought he’d lost her, nurse told dad who was in the waiting room with my sister that there’s a complication. She had a OBE, said she floated out of her body, saw my dad and sister in waiting room praying, went through a tunnel lined with trees and up to a light where she was told to go back, wasn’t her time. She said it was the most beautiful experience she ever had and didn’t want to come back. She was never afraid of death after that.

Asked my sister about it about 10 years ago ( she had heard the story) and asked her if she was in waiting room praying with dad (he was a pastor), she said yes she remembers that. I had a older brother but sister said he wasn’t there, same thing mom had told me. Crazy

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

On Valentine’s Day last year I had my aortic valve replaced. I was on a heart lung machine and it stoped working! I don’t remember a thing! I was knocked out!

I did lose oxygen to the brain and my balance has been off.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Interesting post!

If we go by the reasoning most of us might've died in another universe and never even noticed, I'd find little inconsequential changes being a lot more believable than say the whole mandela effect which alludes to little changes that affect everyone.

I've had weird little experiences such as remembering a photo that was never taken or a misplaced item... Maybe the item wasn't misplaced and the picture wasn't took within this reality.

Tiny little changes that only affect a small group or an individual, things that can truly be written off as bad memory. It is possible that the only thing written off was an old version of you!

That's quite the thing to ponder. I never gave any credence to the mandela effect but the idea of parallel self's adopting a near perfect copy kind of makes sense in a weird canny way. In my imagination that would be the only way to blend/meld consciousness without having massive psychological impact on the individual, wherever they may be.

When you look back at those memories does the woman with the dyed hair have both colours? like as if you have 2 memories?

Because my mind says there can only be 1 proverbial captain of the ship, as in 1 consciousness for each body, having 1 or 2 dodgy memories could easily bypass that whole conflict of command issue which really isn't possible with that effect I've been mentioning.

Sorry BrotherKinsMan if this is off-topic, I just find this line of reasoning fascinating!

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I wasn't dead long enough to add my account since it was pretty brief but will contribute the following:
I would expect that if the following method is successful, you will be able to find many more accounts in the future.

I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for but there is a long documentary on YT if I recall where a doctor actually researches cases where people did in fact die and come back. I watched it several months ago and have no idea how to find it again. Most of the people that came back were able to relay what was happening after they had passed as well as where they went afterwards. He examined brainwaves after death and found a large burst of activity in the brain AFTER death as well as bringing people back successfully - which it turns out is done with cooling the body and a careful increase in temperature - apparently the process is quite successful.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

I just wanted to get people talking, haha.

So others may see on this thread.

Isn't that the point of ATS?

^_^

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I just opened my eyes and had no idea what was going on.

I now remember being in the water. It was dark and I couldn't see the bank. I was shouting for help, kept going under swallowing water panicking then the lights went out. If my mates had been asleep I wouldn't be here.

I had PTSD for a while, had counseling and was told to go back to the lake and not to push it to the back of my mind.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assessment.

At the time when you woke, you did not remember drowning.

It has returned to you as memory since, yes?

So then, as you opened your eyes, what was your state of mind? Your first thought? Your last memory?

And as you recall now, what, if anything, was transitory between the drowning and the waking?

Forgive my inquiry if perceived as incessant but I am curious as I also have drowned.

Or so they tell me... Because I do not recall actually going under or swallowing water.

I lost consciousness the moment I accepted death and spread my arms open peacefully.

When I woke, I was in a state of amnesia.

I did not remember my own name.

Most of my memory came back since, but still nothing between the loss of consciousness and the waking.

Well, something yes, but nothing tangible... Its difficult to describe.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yes, I have. It wasn't drowning though.

What were you doing before you fell in the water?

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PrancerciseBeforeZod

I was coming to the end of an adventure, so to speak.

I was in communion with nature, the wind, the earth.

I didn't fall in, I went in willingly.

At first the water was carrying me lovingly.

At one point however, it wrapped around my legs.

It was as if currents were attempting to pull me down.

That's when I swam back to shore.

I chilled for a while, until I decided to enter the water once more.

At this time I got angry... That's when the voice spoke.

And so, I accepted to let the water pull me down.

But I instantly lost consciousness...

Then I awoke, standing upright on the other side.

I was surrounded by paramedics and policemen.

They were looking at me in awe and confusion.

The details beyond this were never known to me.

I was told I drowned, they fished me out, and revived me.

But again... Some things don't add up.

Why was I standing up?

Why didn't I swallow any water?

Why did I not remember my own name?

Why has my perception of life change since?

Bah, I'm content with the results, regardless.

But what I went through could be qualified as a miracle by some.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PrancerciseBeforeZod

I was adjusting my bite alarms. Tripped on a tree stump.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Great thread. I am hoping to hear from people who remember traveling in the afterlife.

As far as my previous comments about suddenly possibly finding myself in some kind of parallel reality due to possibly some random quirk of bad luck in the reality I was in. If you believe every decision someone makes could create an alternate reality then popping into a very similar reality makes sense to me. I can’t completely rule out some of the little changes I observed without asking questions and getting strange stares or no comment. I observed one blonde girl was suddenly brunette and she looked at me strange when I asked her if she dyed her hair. Another girl whom I was pretty sure did not have a twin underwent a breast enlargement surgery and it seemed like her personality changed over the course of several months. I could easily tell the change. Then all of a sudden, she didn’t have the surgery and her personality was back to her more shy self. I didn’t discuss this with her because there is the possibility of other things happening and that would be a very personal matter to discuss with someone whom was a casual acquaintance. She did work as an exotic dancer so I definitely knew a sudden reversal had happened along with a personality change back.

I own a hair clipper kit and 2 pieces went missing or changed. I can’t rule out I lost those parts but in the store, it has the correct quantity of what I currently have. Little decisions made in parallel universes and if you die in one not due to some disaster affecting several parallel universes but due to some random quirk in just one universe, then I believe it’s possible others could experience what I believe I have.

I remember reading a book of someone who lived in Augusta Georgia who was struck by lightning and remembers traveling through heaven. I’m very interested in hearing of anyone’s travels.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My heart stopped at the reception of my local hospital 3rd January 2020, no warning, no pain, I remembered being suddenly aware of the floor approaching my face before darkness/closing my eyes.

I was woken up in a hospital bed, thinking it was the same day, but a doctor informed me that I was restarted with a defibrillator, then placed in an induced coma and it was now February!

I have zero memory of ANYTHING, from suddenly losing my balance and falling to the floor, then waking up a month later😱

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

When I was in A&E the doc told me that the reason I had to have CPR was because I was technically dead, which came as a bit of a shock.

My night fishing is now verboten. By order of SWMBO.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
You were proper lucky fella, I bet you've bought a few drinks for your mate who started CPR, thank him from me, as I'd miss much of your postings on ATS if he hadn't kept oxygenated blood flowing through you!!!
My story probably doesn't really qualify for the thread OP to be fair, my heart only stopped coz I was going through sudden alcohol withdrawal lol...and the butcher doctors destroyed my voice with the month long forced tracheostomy/coma, and I woke up addicted to 'their' drugs instead!

I was so angry I discharged myself 2 days before the first COVID lockdown, got quickly back onto 1 litre of vodka again, chose 16th October 2020 to go cold turkey again. My heart didn't stop while hallucinating at home lol, and I wasn't going near the NHS again, so after a week when it stopped, I've been totally cured of that addiction, not 'in recovery' totally recovered...except my voice/speech - #ing butcher doctors!!!🤣

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

The guy that did the CPR just happened to be fishing nearby. The mate who got me out thought it a good idea to get the water out of my lungs was to punch me, hard, in my solar plexus.

Cheers, mate! But yes, he got a drink

The guy that did the CPR, yes, I offered him a big drink but he found the whole thing so traumatic he wanted to forget it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join