It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Amazon is your best bet to get those nets and things like that to be honest, We have stocked up a lot of stuff from Amazon, and spray the packages down with lysol before bringing them inside.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Amazon is your best bet to get those nets and things like that to be honest, We have stocked up a lot of stuff from Amazon, and spray the packages down with lysol before bringing them inside.

I wonder if you can search for me on Amazon. Apparently its not taking in what I'm searching for. Of course , I get both Japanese and American Amazon here. Much appreciated if you can throw me a link. Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

sure you have a message!

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The link I just posted on it said they had tested just over 1200 on the ship with a little over 300 confirmed cases. That makes it roughly 30% infection rate.

That makes that cruise ship a hotter spot than Wuhan at the moment ...

The number of coronavirus diagnoses has continued to rise sharply among the 3,700 passengers and crew members originally on board. Japanese Health Minister Katsunobu Kato said early Sunday that the quarantined ship floating near Tokyo has 355 confirmed cases, or about 30% of the 1,219 people who have been tested. That represents one of the highest infection rates in the world.

Talk about plague in a can.

I would think that taking direct samples of tissue would improve the amount of virus to be detected in the sample.

Still right now, the Japanese aren't going to be under the same pressures that the Chinese are. So they're going to be less prone to human error at this time. If they get absolutely swamped by samples, overworked, etc., all the things we see going on in Wuhan, they'll be prone to the same human error element then.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ive sent you another one, this throw net is particularly for salt water

Hope this helps

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I dont like boats to begin with, and having watched at least once a year hearing about illness issues on those things and now this... nope never gonna do it.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Village Idiot

The Chinese are pissed of Australia have closed their borders to Chinese because of the virus, I heard a complaint on the radio this morning because no university students can travel here, they say we should lift the ban.

Knowing Scott Morrison, a man who stands for economic growth and won't let anything get in the way, to close our borders to China must take something profound.

Does the Government know something, or are they being super cautious?

Got me stumped, Morrison is a corporate whore so as you say it's a pretty big deal this has happened. I think they know something, the numbers just aren't adding up.

Go ahead, call all these people a fearmonger like you did me in the other thread. With over 500 MILLION Chinese people affected by the quarantine, does 1.5M infected seem like such a huge number now? After reading all the info in THIS thread??? (Keep in mind I never contended that number as fact)

Is it plausible? Does anyone agree that 1.5m infected is a plausible number?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

edit on 2/16/2020 by Alien Abduct because: Dbl

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Trpl post

edit on 2/16/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Ive sent you another one, this throw net is particularly for salt water

Hope this helps

Checking now. PM sent also

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

The Chinese are pissed of Australia have closed their borders to Chinese because of the virus, I heard a complaint on the radio this morning because no university students can travel here, they say we should lift the ban.

Knowing Scott Morrison, a man who stands for economic growth and won't let anything get in the way, to close our borders to China must take something profound.

Got me stumped, Morrison is a corporate whore so as you say it's a pretty big deal this has happened. I think they know something, the numbers just aren't adding up.

Go ahead, call all these people a fearmonger like you did me in the other thread. With over 500 MILLION Chinese people affected by the quarantine, does 1.5M infected seem like such a huge number now? After reading all the info in THIS thread??? (Keep in mind I never contended that number as fact)

I'm.just saying the numbers aren't adding up, your thread was fear mongering you claimed 50 000 dead in Wuhan, It's plausible 1.5 million are infected we just don't know yet, I certainly am suspicious of the numbers were being fed.
edit on 16-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I reckon there is more than 1.5mil infected.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: ketsuko

I dont like boats to begin with, and having watched at least once a year hearing about illness issues on those things and now this... nope never gonna do it.

I've never understood why people like cruises, I can't think of much worse holiday than being stuck in noisy tin can for weeks on end.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The link I just posted on it said they had tested just over 1200 on the ship with a little over 300 confirmed cases. That makes it roughly 30% infection rate.

That makes that cruise ship a hotter spot than Wuhan at the moment ...

The number of coronavirus diagnoses has continued to rise sharply among the 3,700 passengers and crew members originally on board. Japanese Health Minister Katsunobu Kato said early Sunday that the quarantined ship floating near Tokyo has 355 confirmed cases, or about 30% of the 1,219 people who have been tested. That represents one of the highest infection rates in the world.

Talk about plague in a can.

I would think that taking direct samples of tissue would improve the amount of virus to be detected in the sample.

Still right now, the Japanese aren't going to be under the same pressures that the Chinese are. So they're going to be less prone to human error at this time. If they get absolutely swamped by samples, overworked, etc., all the things we see going on in Wuhan, they'll be prone to the same human error element then.

Wow! Thanks for the update. What I heard is that the PCR test can do up to a 1000 a day from 300 a day. Do you know about that?

I don't know the plans of the Japanese military to evacuate those on the ship as of yet, but I do know this much:
One in Japan, also those infected here:
85% = stable condition
12% = severe condition
3%= critical condition

you husband probably can use them figures on the odds now

Also
Taiwan
Hong Kong
Canada
and one other country are in the process of evacuating their residents

I posted it but can't find the link Wow!

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Maybe it means this: Quarantining the whole nation. It is possible.
I'm now worried about the collapse of the Japanese economy. But not to be selfish, I live next to the ocean and river. I've been checking into where to buy one of the "throw nets" , but can't find them. Can anyone help me on that. Really need to buy one to net some fish. A run on the grocery stores will prove it to be vital in the upcoming weeks. Hmm. come to think of it, need to buy some miso stock.

If you can't find one, I'd check online on how to make one and buy the rope and accessories. Also buy a Fishing Rod, one for the river and one for the Ocean, they are different, also artificial bait (lots, cause they can get caught and you can lose them) and a bunch of hooks and fishing thread. Fishing Thread for ocean is different than the one for rivers. The fishing reels are also different for Ocean and river. Also there are different reels for fishing on boat deep ocean and for fishing from the ocean shore.

Just some tips if you are planning that route. Stay safe!
edit on 16/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion

originally posted by: musicismagic
Maybe it means this: Quarantining the whole nation. It is possible.
I'm now worried about the collapse of the Japanese economy. But not to be selfish, I live next to the ocean and river. I've been checking into where to buy one of the "throw nets" , but can't find them. Can anyone help me on that. Really need to buy one to net some fish. A run on the grocery stores will prove it to be vital in the upcoming weeks. Hmm. come to think of it, need to buy some miso stock.

If you can't find one, I'd check online on how to make one and buy the rope and accessories. Also buy a Fishing Rod, one for the river and one for the Ocean, they are different, also artificial bait (lots, cause they can get caught and you can lose them) and a bunch of hooks and fishing thread. Fishing Thread for ocean is different than the one or rivers. The fishing reels are also different for Ocean and river.

Just some tips if you are planning that route. Stay safe!

I'm known in the neighborhood as the foreigner who traps eels, now maybe the one who uses a throw net. Yikes!

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
Elton John diagnosed with walking pneumonia, a type of lung infection often caused by bacteria or viruses.

Sure hope he gets tested for corona, just to be safe!

So far as I can tell, he's been touring the US for some time with a jaunt over to Australia and New Zealand here through January. If he had it, he picked it up in Australia.

"A visibly upset Sir Elton John has been forced to cut short a concert in New Zealand after falling ill with walking pneumonia."

www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I'm.just saying the numbers aren't adding up, your thread was fear mongering you claimed 50 000 dead in Wuhan, It's plausible 1.5 million are infected we just don't know yet, I certainly am suspicious of the numbers were being fed.

originally posted by: Noinden

You can contend its 20% mortality, but you have to show the proof. Otherwise its you saying anything you like.

So far aprox 11,000 recovered and 1,800 dead. Those are the end result numbers we have so far. Anyone that gets the disease is either going to recover or die, so let's use logic and use the numbers we have. Add 11,000 to 1800 and you get a total of 12,800. 1,800 is %16.36 of 12,800 so %16.36 is the mortality rate.

These are the only real numbers we can go with right now. If we wanted to get a more accurate mortality rate we would have to wait until all of the infected people reach either 'recovered' status or 'dead' status. Then we could tally the numbers.

By the way 1.5M infected would translate to 240,000 dead at the end result. So yeah I think if you agree that 1.5m infected is plausible then you have to concede that 50k dead so far is a low ball number even.

Anyone dispute my numbers?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Time will tell, unless we die before the numbers are in.

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join