It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 371
<< 368  369  370   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
new thread up - this will be closed (i assume)
Part 4
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Fist case confirmed in New Zealand , the patient was from Iran stayed at Bali, a sixty year old in an improving condition at Auckland hospital, tested Neg twice then showed positive.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.mintpressnews.com...
Here is another weirdy

Apparently, the World Bank has something called Pandemic Bonds

God help us…please!

If there’s no Pandemic by July 20 then the investors will get their money back.

Some people claim that’s why the WHO won't declare a Pandemic.

Pandemic Bonds: a “scheme like no other”

In June 2017, the World Bank announced the creation of “specialized bonds” that would be used to fund the previously created Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility (PEF) in the event of an officially-recognized (i.e. WHO-recognized) pandemic.

They were essentially sold under the premise that those who invested in the bonds would lose their money if any of six deadly pandemics hit, including coronavirus. Yet, if a pandemic did not occur before the bonds mature on July 15, 2020, investors would receive what they had originally paid for the bonds back in addition to interest and premium payments on those bonds that they recieve between the date of purchase and the bond’s maturation date.

The PEF, which these pandemic bonds fund, was created by the World Bank “to channel surge funding to developing countries facing the risk of a pandemic” and the creation of these so-called “pandemic bonds” was intended to transfer pandemic risk in low-income countries to global financial markets. According to a World Bank press release on the launch of the bonds, WHO backed the World Bank’s initiative.

However, there is much more to these “pandemic bonds” than meets the eye. For example, PEF has a “unique financing structure [that] combines funding from the bonds issued today with over-the-counter derivatives that transfer pandemic outbreak risk to derivative counterparties.” The World Bank asserted that this structure was used in order “to attract a wider, more diverse set of investors.”

Critics, however, have called the unnecessarily convoluted system “World-Bank-enabled looting” that enriches intermediaries and investors instead of the funds intended targets, in this case low-income countries struggling to fight a pandemic. These critics have asked why not merely give these funds to a body like the Contingency Fund for Emergencies at the World Health Organization (WHO), where the funds could go directly to affected countries in need.
Notably, WHO determines if a pandemic meets the criteria that would see investors’ money be funneled into PEF as opposed to their own pockets, which would take place if no pandemic is declared between now and

The above describes the further mixing of these bonds with the stock market asset known as a derivative, the known financial product that put us all in a depression in 2008.

Critics, however, have called the unnecessarily convoluted system “World-Bank-enabled looting” that enriches intermediaries and investors instead of the funds intended targets, in this case low-income countries struggling to fight a pandemic.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Again...for over 3 years...Trump has been working to bring BACK the industries and manufacturing to the US from China and other countries...that previous administrations have forced to migrate away.

He has been all about the US becoming self-reliant and not at the mercy of China.
It's pretty much his mantra...and Democrats have been trying to prevent him at every turn.

THIS situation is exactly WHY we need to bring manufacturing and industries BACK to the USA.

Back when we were all discussing "Trumponimics" I recall it being discussed that companies that decided to offshore manufacturing were simply very bad at math. LOL! Over the last 3 years I htink they are pretty sure offshoring was a colossally bad idea and now with this manufacturing issue due to covid.. they have the perfect excuse to move back and save a little face as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

That is sad. Good luck with the CCP letting in international help. I don't think they will allow it. Maybe only until it's too late. I can get why people are getting upset over there. Hope it brings some deep changes as I have stated before.

Besides, if it also gets out of control in the rest of world, there will no one to send over there.

Damn, would like to say so much more, but it would be out of topic. And since the POTUS "speech" yesterday, this got a little political. Not that their is anything wrong with it (I have posted some political stuff about my country in the thread also, so I can't complain XD), I would love to say a few things from my point of view. But alas, do not want to get out of topic.

Back on topic, a few more suspected cases over here. A 42 year old man that arrived from Italy presented fever and respiratory issues. Supposedly the test result will be said tomorrow. I'm surprised that here they are just saying the names of the persons, no privacy at all. Still, I'm sure they will wait for March to declare the first cases. They always claim "in the next few hours", but it takes a day to say the tests results...Source in spanish - Source in English

Also, I said yesterday that I wasn't sure if Chile's government will cover part or all of the tests costs, I learned today that it will only cover 50% of it. And only to the persons that are subscribed to FONASA. So a person will have to pay US$52.74. That is a LOT here, also from a different point of view is nothing, complicated to explain. Doubt a lot of people will do the test. I post this so that you can compare with your country if they transfer the cost to you guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 368  369  370   >>

join