It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: BruceZuckerberg
You’re all high AF.
R0 2.5
CFR 1%

Massive nothing burger that will burn out this summer.

I have never in my life, ever, ever, ever, heard the term nothingburger until these three threads here on ATS.

Now it seems to be somewhat popular, or is it the same person, or is it a person at all? Hmmm that's a mystery!

A nothingburger does not disrupt complete countries and have the potential to harm the global economy.

A nothing burger does not have countries quarantine complete cities and cruise liners.

Thank you for your contribution.

Denial is a bit#%, not a river in Egypt.

The first time I heard the term was via a CNN reporter being secretly taped talking about the "Russian collusion bs".

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I'm taking my 16 year old nephew to the Harry Potter studios in London today.

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of tourists there 😕

He's a very nervous boy, how do I tell him we can't go because the world is potentially burning?

I don't think I can.

Wish me luck, gonna take some alcohol gel, and feel dumb doing so 😞

Stay home or at least wear a mask and eye wear, if no mask, scarf. And don't sit on the freak'n toilets. Serious business.

Thanks 👍🏻

I still don't think I can get out of it, I'll do my best at staying sanitary and have to roll the dice.
Not happy about it at all 😕

Sorry, if I came across as giving hard advice, I tend to stay away from it since adults think for themselves, but I'm now on the front-line here in this country. I'll be posting an update real shortly.

What country are you in , if I may ask. OK, I see you are in London.

Yes Sir, London. Although I'm travelling from the coast today.
No need to apologise, you didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks for your (and everyone's) updates 👍🏻

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

DOCTORS IN CHINA HAVE CALLED ON RECOVERED COVID19 PATIENTS TO DONATE BLOOD AS PLASMA TAKEN FROM RECOVERED PATIENTS CONTAINS A HIGH CONCENTRATION OF ANTIBODIES AND HAS PROVEN VERY EFFECTIVE IN THE TREATMENT OF PATIENTS IN SEVERE CONDITIONS - GLOBAL TIMES

thats pretty cool!

we can save ourselves

twitter.com...
edit on Mon Feb 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

If you know how to search thread two, maybe in to page 100-200 range, there was a link to an article stating that there were about 29 "suspected cases" in the Hawiian Islands. I dont remember why that was brought up, might have been a positive case that was transferred someplace else. It stuck in my mind because we flew back on Jan 19th after three weeks there including Waikiki, and we were very nervous for a few weeks after. LAX was already screening, and on our connect, the boarding area was mostly Chinese nationals.

If I can find it, I will edit this post.

Found it, page 237. Link to article: www.civilbeat.org...
Says 26 others besides one detained.
edit on 14-2-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to read..

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Risk in the U.K. of catching the virus at the moment is classified as low, sure wash hands after touching things and be sensible about things but I wouldn’t refuse to go,
personally I’d be more likely to catch something one of my kids brought home than from some random in the street ( that said I wouldn’t stand close to someone hacking out a lung, but that’s because I pick up flu and pneumonia like a street cleaner picks up rubbish 🤦🏽‍♂️)

edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Update: 2-14-2020 Valentines Day Friday-- Tokyo 5:54 pm- - - London-8:54 am - - New York- 3:54 am- - Sidney 7:54 pm

First I'd like to say a bit about the market, not the stock market. I don't know anything about it, but I did make a post about it a few days ago.
Things to consider immediately. (although brief)
1. Bicycles are imported and made in China about 85% share (They'll be no bicycles this season for school children) a rapid rush now is on to buy them
2. Clothes are imported from China (ever been to a clothing store, if so, this = high unemployment in that area
3. Shoes, for the most part humans wear shoes. (high unemployment in this area if shipping out of China comes to a halt )
4. Food from exports from China, not that I'd want to buy any now, but this will go with all the Chinese restaurants = result are a bit iffy at the moment
5. Cars, well that market is drying up. Nissan, Honds, Mazda and Korean cars , workers are not currently going back to work in China (2-14-20 ) subject to change daily
6. Pet food from China
7. You dollar and yen stores= shortage of stock= less people working
8. Mask, shortage now, but that won't be permanent
9. THE UNKNOWN = YOU GUYS CHIP IN HERE

OK, the update
1. The Chinese workers that were making clothes have all been now moved to making mask. Got to give China credit on that one
2. Export many lines of the auto parts to be in short supply. Japan actually might start making their parts again or import from Mexico or where ever

Now Japan's Update:
1. The taxi driver that we all heard about, well, his mother-in-law is the 2nd person to have been infected. Now health department following up on this
2. The 50 year old doctor, yes, he is a doctor, caught the virus from treating one of his patients (I'd think this is a big follow up, by that I mean: staff and their families, the patients during the time lapse
3. The 20 year man, well his job was working / helping with foreigner (job unknown by me or the public as I write)

OK, If I got these numbers wrong (so what) they most likely will change in the next hour.
1. 218 on the ship "infected" I believe and I really hate to say this "one crew member included", I have nothing to really back that up though, that's why I said "believe". Could be just "street talk" right now
2. There are some Japanese on the ship that "PREFER" to stay on the ship. They have all the amenities, and if they disembark, destination unknown to them
3. Currently 253 people (known) are in Japan that are infected (this includes the ship passengers) the map of those infected are NOT all in Tokyo either. If a map is available, perhaps someone can post it where the infected are located

I also would like the moderators for their kindness and the pm's that I (we) have received.
I'm doing my best to make what I post as accurate as possible. Street talk is just that, but if I post it, it probably is in the works.

Sorry I don't have an update on the cruise ship in Cambodia. They were to disembark sometime today.

See ya all soon.

my other current thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Oh, this is special: (Feb 11th)

"The number of individuals in Hawaii under quarantine for the coronavirus jumped overnight to 36 — 35 under ‘self-quarantine’ and a man who is being isolated on the base at Pearl Harbor."

"A “couple dozen” more travelers who were in China within the 14-day transmission period have likely already passed through the state and onto other mainland states..."

www.staradvertiser.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: musicismagic

If you know how to search thread two, maybe in to page 100-200 range, there was a link to an article stating that there were about 29 "suspected cases" in the Hawiian Islands. I dont remember why that was brought up, might have been a positive case that was transferred someplace else. It stuck in my mind because we flew back on Jan 19th after three weeks there including Waikiki, and we were very nervous for a few weeks after. LAX was already screening, and on our connect, the boarding area was mostly Chinese nationals.

If I can find it, I will edit this post.

Found it, page 237. Link to article: www.civilbeat.org...
Says 26 others besides one detained.

Wow! Thank you very much.

Its great seeing us all work together here and I feel now it is really most important.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Almost feels like its game over with a discovery like blood transfusions, cheep and easy to do. Bit or organization required to match up blood types. Not fully sure how supply and demand will go, seams like there quite a few people around not too affected by the disease and get over it quick. Might not help in every case, but for a lot on the boarder line it can help make the difference.
edit on 14-2-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling, grammer

edit on 14-2-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Also feels like its game over with a discovery like that, cheep easy to do. Bit or organization required to match up blood types. Not fully sure how supply and demand will go, seams like there quite a few people around not too affected by the disease and get over it quick. Might not help in every case, but for a lot on the boarder line it can help make the difference.

Labs can duplicate the antibodies using cell culture techniques.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hi all. I've been following this topic since the start and really appreciate the information I'm getting here.

In Ireland there seems to be a concerted effort to dumb down the numbers of the outbreak. On TV last night they even had a doctor informing us that chances of spreading to Ireland is practically zero and there is nothing to worry about.

And then on some Irish news sites, the comment sections have been disabled....things here are seriously amiss...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yep, once they know what antibody to make wind up their machines of mass production. For those out in the sticks and and not yet in the supply loop the transfusions is an easy local option.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EricEdert

As posted earlier I think your going to see comments closing on a lot, as there is a concerted effort to spread fake news by some actors ( you can take your own guess in that one) as a result your going to see a heavy handed clamp down on social media and things.
I do agree we are not being told the whole truth though but fake news has the downside of bad advice and other lies that may aid in the spread of the virus
Source:
news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

yah, trying to get it all sorted and then distributed in large quantities before the virus mutates will be a big factor.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
My girlfriend literally got mad at me for suggesting we stock up on supplies that may sell out quickly. Showed her video's and it was like "yeah but what is the source" Oh well never listened to her before so guess gonna have to grab supplies on my own and let her thank me later.

a reply to: Fowlerstoad

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I believe it’s recovered patients with ab (+ or -) blood group that will be of most use, they are usinveral plasma donors and account for only +/-4% of the population ( world wide)
For “whole blood” transfusions it’s o- that’s a universal donor

www.oneblood.org...

So wouldn’t even have to extract antigens and make antibodies if you could find enough patients that have recovered with the required above blood type

edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

I agree with you, fake news is preventing common sense and forcing social media outlets to shut down threads. But at what cost.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
I believe it’s recovered patients with ab (+ or -) blood group that will be of most use, they are usinveral plasma donors and account for only +/-4% of the population ( world wide)
For “whole blood” transfusions it’s o- that’s a universal donor

www.oneblood.org...

So wouldn’t even have to extract antigens and make antibodies if you could find enough patients that have recovered with the required above blood type

Interesting. Japan's population is almost 10% AB+/- so I think they should consider that, specially with the cruiser situation. Both Koreas and Bangladesh have a higher percentage than that of up to 15%.
edit on 14-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EricEdert
a reply to: Adphil28

I agree with you, fake news is preventing common sense and forcing social media outlets to shut down threads. But at what cost.

Not just that but also the CCP has it's own misinformation campaign going on. We may never know the true story of what is happening in Wuhan. I picture it to be like medieval black plague sort of bad, but that's just my guess.

Chinese Communist Party general­ secretary Xi Jinping has dispatched a platoon of 300 propagandists to Wuhan to “strengthen public opinion guidance”, as the official number of ­fatalities from the new coronavirus approaches 500.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join