It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone would know when was the last time US forces were ordered to prepare or implement plans for a potential pandemic, per the Military Times:

The Navy and Marine Corps messages, issued Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, reference an executive order directing U.S. Northern Command to implement the Department of Defense Global Campaign plan for Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Diseases 3551-13.

This was brought up in the previous thread, but I’m not sure if it’s significant or if this has happened quite a few times, just in case. Does anyone have any knowledge?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Anyone got any links to archives of prepper style literature?

Ideally one large download rather than having to find individual articles and books. So much could be useful, from basic first aid to building your own generator. Short term, very basic stuff is useful, long term and you could effectively require expert texts. Making your own penicillin for example is achievable, though a microscope would be handy to make sure you are cultivating the right fungus!

Here is a magnet for a torrent of 14gigs
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2F64AA7AED9FD33D9E47F558692CB22B5FD940BC&dn=SURVIVAL%20DISK&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftra cker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6 969

It's American prep material, I haven't been through it but appears to be lots of useful stuff and a lot could be useful anywhere. Just in case! You never know what might come in handy.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone is following the "news from wuhan" channel on youtube, or if this has been posted here already, but there's a new video showing the authorities are killing animals to stop the spread.

I'm not going to post it because it's brutal and quite upsetting, the guy just basically starts beating a dog to death with a metal pole.

They did the same thing in Chernobyl - went around killing animals, a lot of them would have been pets that were just wandering the streets when the people left.

At least they shot them though.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Nine new cases in Singapore today, raising their total to 67. Six patients still in critical condition. Unfortunately, cases seem to be increasing steadily there.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OutsideContextProblem
Nine new cases in Singapore today, raising their total to 67. Six patients still in critical condition. Unfortunately, cases seem to be increasing steadily there.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

Yes, and the virus doesn't seem to care that it's hot and humid there. Around 32 Celsius 80% humidity I believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Don't know if anyone is following the "news from wuhan" channel on youtube, or if this has been posted here already, but there's a new video showing the authorities are killing animals to stop the spread.

I'm not going to post it because it's brutal and quite upsetting, the guy just basically starts beating a dog to death with a metal pole.

They did the same thing in Chernobyl - went around killing animals, a lot of them would have been pets that were just wandering the streets when the people left.

I saw that last night. I wasn't sure what to make of it because.... why not shoot?? It was really brutal. I'm just wondering if that wasn't something else unrelated.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Volume 3... thank you Agit8dChop and everyone.

Seeing a new report of an R0 of 4.7-6.6 (which would explain the Diamond Princess cruise ship numbers, and other reports like the spreading in that apartment in Hong Kong through the plumbing)

This really could hit a sizeable percentage of the global population

But I'll bet the stock market hits all new time highs today! Nothing to see folks, just clock in, clock out and keep paying your bills! LUNACY

edit on 14-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: Power_Semi

I saw that last night. I wasn't sure what to make of it because.... why not shoot?? It was really brutal. I'm just wondering if that wasn't something else unrelated.

I wondered that myself, but I thought if it was a stray dog or had been aggressive you'd probably have it taken it to a stray dog compound (or the butchers lol), not beat it to death with a metal pole.

Also the guy doing the beating was in uniform so I assume Police?

I know there are cultural differences but I can't imagine many scenarios when things are normal where a cop would pick up a metal pole and start bludgeoning a dog over the head.

That's why I concluded it probably is virus related, but probably not any kind of formal or organised animal clean up exercise.

Otherwise they surely would have guns.

Maybe it belonged to someone with/who had died from the virus?

EDIT: Plus if it was wild / had gone feral / had rabies or something, then it probably would either run away or attack when surrounded by people, especially when they start hitting it on the head.

But it just sits there while he hits it again and again and again.

So that suggests to me that it is a domestic animal, i.e. someones pet (or has been until recently).

I still can't see why they wouldn't call out the animal control people rather than bludgeon it, although I did notice the guy chose a very long pole to keep as much distance from it as he could.
edit on -06:0020205America/ChicagoFri, 14 Feb 2020 06:22:39 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0222 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OutsideContextProblem

Couldn't find an answer to your question, but I would guess the military hasn't prepped for a pandemic since the Spanish flu.

Did find some declassified documents for the DOD pandemic plan.
www.public.navy.mil...
www.public.navy.mil...
www.marines.mil... 9-nov/
edit on 14-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

After weeks of researching what this coronavirus event is, I feel it's time to move to the next stage - getting prepared. I appreciate your post and would like this Part 3 thread to include more preparation information and sensible advice like this:

Speaking of disposables. Yes. This is why they are only supposed to be used for a certain length of time.

When you remove one you should take special care not to touch the outside of the mask, since this is where infection will be concentrated. Re-using one is particularly risky since the virus will have had time to disperse through the moisture, deeper and possibly throughout the face mask contaminating the inside. You wear that, get moist from normal breathing, your whole mouth and nose are contaminated.

Front-line medics in China are running out of masks, so they are having to re-use them. You can see how the entire front-line could come crashing down very quickly in this case. If I had to reuse one, I would look into ways of sterilising it without degrading the fibres and making it useless. I'm not sure if this is possible as it may effect the electrostatic filtration.

edit: just saw you said multiply on mask. They will multiply in that you keep breathing more and trapping them there, but multiply as in reproduce, I don't think so... I believe this virus uses ACE2 cells to reproduce. There are ACE2 cells in saliva ducts, if some of this could make it into saliva and still be viable for virus reproduction after exhalation, I don't know. Best guess, no, play it safe, definitely

I was going to buy a couple of half-face masks. But considering sterilizing after each use, I'm reconsidering the purchase. Also, this brings to mind showering and washing clothes after being out... Disinfecting the shower and washing machine after use. Am I getting carried away?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: musicismagic

If you know how to search thread two, maybe in to page 100-200 range, there was a link to an article stating that there were about 29 "suspected cases" in the Hawiian Islands. I dont remember why that was brought up, might have been a positive case that was transferred someplace else. It stuck in my mind because we flew back on Jan 19th after three weeks there including Waikiki, and we were very nervous for a few weeks after. LAX was already screening, and on our connect, the boarding area was mostly Chinese nationals.

If I can find it, I will edit this post.

Found it, page 237. Link to article: www.civilbeat.org...
Says 26 others besides one detained.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This building in Wuhan should have almost all of its lights on but doesn’t.

Twitter Epoch Times Reporter

Still hearing no internet in Wuhan. I’m not sure when/how this got out.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

I just had a thought about why they wouldn't shoot any animals. Blood. No doubt the virus transmits via blood since it's in saliva. They wouldn't want to shoot because it would spray blood particles into the air. Damn. Note that he never hit the dog hard enough to make it bleed which is why he had to hit it so many times. Uggg...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is a good book for a survival situation.

Where There Is No Doctor

edit on 14-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Bloody el... this thread is moving fast and already upto page 16 since i left the other thread last night.

Anyway an update of possible case at Heathrow. England.

Passenger with suspected coronavirus lands at Heathrow

news.sky.com...

A passenger with suspected coronavirus was on board a flight from San Francisco which landed at Heathrow this morning. Other passengers on United Airlines Flight 901 have told Sky News the captain told them to stay in their seats after landing because someone had been "taken ill".

he passenger was taken to the back of the plane but Mr West said the cabin crew were not wearing any protective clothing, including face masks. He said everyone was told to fill in a Health England contact form and then after 20-25 minutes they were allowed to disembark.

So, if this is nother case, all passengers on that plane will have to self-isolate but fist they have to get home and tha means using transport!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Killing dogs now with clubs 😡 not cool. They are desperate. Some theories about the infected numbers rumor some I think might be correct. The CCP is not getting the rural numbers, looks like most are urban tallies, allot of rumors of the old and young dying and going un reported as fatalities suspicions are beginning to arise its associated with corona. I have no links rumors i am hearing. Killing dogs thou with a club... Barbaric.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I was going to buy a couple of half-face masks. But considering sterilizing after each use, I'm reconsidering the purchase. Also, this brings to mind showering and washing clothes after being out... Disinfecting the shower and washing machine after use. Am I getting carried away?

Decontamination before entering the home is definitely worth considering. Having a plan in place avoids mistakes, disorder or panic later. What levels you go to really depends on how bad it is and how exposed you are. At this stage it could be less severe than flu, or it could kill a sizeable part of the population. Currently it could be argued that simply washing your hands is appropriate.

The other end of the scale would be very carefully stripping outside, washing in dilute bleach, then treating all your gear in a similar fashion before bring it inside. Though at that end of the scale, you would avoid all contact and ideally be going into quarantine area at home for a number of weeks before being allowed in the house proper... Extreme.

Proper half face respirators can be used much longer than disposables. The filters themselves say 6 months with 5 year shelf life. There will be a safety margin here too so could be longer. The mask itself though should be disinfected every time and the filter handled carefully since it is infected.

Besides the virus though, economic collapse could be equally devastating, so considering some preparation is sensible, regardless of the virus

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Will a microwave kill the virus? Those masks shouldn't have any metal in them but I don't know if they would even heat up. I mean a paper plate doesn't get hot so those might not either. But maybe it would still kill living organisms?

Just a random shower thought.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Update: Tokyo time: 9:30 pm Friday Feb. 14, 2020

latest post : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Update:
1. 2 new infections Okinawa
2. Of the 2 one is a taxi driver, 4 of her passengers are from Yokohama (under observation)
3. 6 new cases reported today
4. The taxi driver ( infected the person who worked on the boat serving food for company party) Jan 18
5. 10 at the boat party now have fever and under observation
6. 100 more people are being tracked down

7. Bus routes are being canceled to tourist attraction (possible location, Nara, but I'm not sure if that location is what was said)
8. THE VIRUS NOW CAN NOT BE CONTAIN (BIG PROBLEM, THIS IS AN ISLAND WITH SUBWAYS AND TRAINS WITH MILLIONS COMMUTING EVERY DAY)
9. THERE NOW IS A CHAIN OF INFECTIONS GOING ON, SINCE THE INFECTION RATE IS NOT LARGE YET (VERY IMPORTANT TO CONTAIN IT AT THIS POINT)
10. GOVT. QUOTES, INFECTIONS WILL NOW INCREASE
11. THERE CAN BE A 10 FOLD OF INFECTIONS

12. Patients visiting one hospital mention are telling people to stay in their cars till being called on (this is to help stop the spread of the virus

Japan has now enter a new phrase: ANY TIME, ANY LOCATION NOW (well, now I need to ask ATS members, what should I really do)

I again want to thank all for reading my threads. Much appreciated. Stay calm, but be prepared, does that sound about right?
edit on 0200000015032020-02-14T07:03:15-06:00031502am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000005042020-02-14T07:04:05-06:00040502am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000014312020-02-14T07:31:14-06:00311402am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Killing dogs now with clubs 😡 not cool. They are desperate. Some theories about the infected numbers rumor some I think might be correct. The CCP is not getting the rural numbers, looks like most are urban tallies, allot of rumors of the old and young dying and going un reported as fatalities suspicions are beginning to arise its associated with corona. I have no links rumors i am hearing. Killing dogs thou with a club... Barbaric.

It's horrific.

It's like I mentioned, I know there are cultural differences but it's hard to imagine anyone doing that.

Hard times or just hard hearted people?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join