It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Update:
For those following me, here are a few older updates:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... maybe scroll down one post?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tokyo, time 8:30 pm Friday
Well, yesterday I left the hospital with a good bill of health. I slipped down a hill and really got banged up a bit. My chest was the worst. Still on some 500 mg of pain killers, but only for a few more day. Will I go hiking again, you betcha. LOL

OK folks. We do have others here that are well informed what is happening with the cruise liners. I might add their post along with mine also if they don't mind and hopefully don't get lost in the pages. Got to admit, this is fast topic maker, the corona virus.

Here is the Update 2-7-2020 Friday evening

Before I begin, I'd like to post what some dietician was saying on TV this morning. It's flu and cold season here, but since everyone has taken to washing their hands more seriously, the flu is down so far here. That's amazing. Now for the food.
Try to include these types of food into your diet. Maybe a dietician will stop by and explain why.
1. carrots
2. papparika
3. komatsuna (こまつな) www.gardeningknowhow.com...
4. pumpkin, its called "kabucha" ( かぶちゃ)  in Japanese Actually I don't know if you can eat the American Halloween pumpkin? The pumpkin is the best food for you. Please add that to your miso soup
5 broccoli
6 avocado

Well, there is a reason for the above, but hopefully someone here on the forum will explain

This is some perhaps old news, but here it goes: but also up to date news 2-7 9 pm Tokyo time
1. there are 61 now infected in Japan
2. 41 one more have been tested 21 of them are Japanese
3. 28 Japanese are infected
4. There have been 273 on board tested so far
5. All passengers are ask to stay in their rooms. ( I think I heard that there is something about windows, but didn't catch it)
6. Those remaining on the Diamond Princess will be held for 12.5 more days. (my opinion, don't count on it though)
7. Reports of people not being able to get their medications (I think once the paper work is submitted /language deal here, they'll start to receive the proper medication) I really don't see why they should panic, its not easy to get medications that are in different languages and the proper dosages
8. This is important: THE CREWS CAN NOT ENTER THE CABINS
9. Just in: THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION IS NOW REFUSING ALL FOREIGN SHIP ENTRY. Cool, I like that idea, why, where have the ships been and who are the workers on the ships. THIS MY FELLOW ATS MEMBERS IS A WAKE UP CALL
10. Towels in the rooms are NOT being changed, wow 2 weeks with the same towel
11. Of the 41 infected, one is in serious condition
12. There are 428 known Americans on the ship
13. The 4th flight into Japan has 198 people on board, of them are 84 Chinese, four on the plane are "unwell" at the moment
14. Several car plants in China are now closed till Feb 17 (maybe things are looking better guys)
15. Tourism is down by 80% (that I think mean reservations at the hotels)
16. Sorry but I'm taking this with a grain of salt: 600 dead/ 30,000 some infected

Well, here in Japan, really folks, there's no panic at all. And I've been to the hospital all week and another doctor today. NO PANIC here

Some people here have been talking , including me , about the masks. Well, if you have them wear them, if not it is recommended to at least try to stay about 2 to 3 feet away from people. If you want to know the facts about them masks you buy at the dollars store, please get the low down of them from someone who is in the medical profession, like a doctor. Or call your local health clinic.
Best prevention as of now, try to keep a distance from people and crowds. Wash hands and wear eye protective something. Maybe like glasses.

Chat with ya all later
じゃね

This was just posted by a member here:

The MS Westerdam was previously denied entry to the Philippines and Japan, and is now being turned away from Guam. It stopped in Hong Kong last week.
edit on 0200000027192020-02-07T06:19:27-06:00192702am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000057272020-02-07T07:27:57-06:00275702am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000042282020-02-07T07:28:42-06:00284202am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Guangzhou locked down.

Twitter

Friends have confirmed it via wife last night.

But yeah WHO says it’s getting better.

Residents not allowed more than 500m out of their residential areas. No public transportation except taxi for special situations. One person allowed out every other day to buy food and stuff.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Guangzhou locked down.

Twitter

Friends have confirmed it via wife last night.

But yeah WHO says it’s getting better.

Residents not allowed more than 500m out of their residential areas. No public transportation except taxi for special situations. One person allowed out every other day to buy food and stuff.

What time is it where you are at, if I may ask?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
If I start seeing a coughers when I shop, I will add a bandana. JMHO. YMMV.

You better hope the store owner doesn't think you're a bandit about to rob the place! Ha ha!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Sorry, I’ll trust my family and friends of 12 years over murderous CCP regime of 100 years any day of week. Twice on Sunday. And like 50 times more than you.

No disrespect.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Pacific Standard - USA.

I’m going to sleep you’re waking up.

Love Japan, sorry I didn’t take a year and live there while I lived in Asia.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Reading that link... So in March 2019 Pangolins were found to have something affecting their lungs.

The Guangdong Wildlife Rescue Center received 21 live Malayan pangolins from the Anti-smuggling Customs Bureau on 24 March 2019; most individuals, including adults and subadults, were in poor health, and their bodies were covered with skin eruptions. All these Malayan pangolins were rescued by the Guangdong Wildlife Rescue Center, however, 16 died after extensive rescue efforts. Most of the dead pangolins had a swollen lung which contained a frothy liquid, as well as the symptom of pulmonary fibrosis, and in the minority of the dead ones, we observed hepatomegaly and splenomegaly

-----------------------------------

I came across this article the other day and I am going to post the link. China was ticked they think Hong Kong needs to step up over Pangolin black market. It was posted Feb 3 2020.

Hong Kong is known as an important transit point for moving illegal pangolin scales. Since 2014, more than 62 tonnes worth more than HK$100 million have been seized

source
edit on 7-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Please keep in mind during Cultural Revolution which ended in the 70s that the CCP carried out;

Stoning ppl to death in streets
Fire pits for bodies
Mass burials after execution by firing squads
Disappearances, never seen again
Rapes and then messy abortions which could lead to death
Starvation
Random beatings by mobs of crazed red guard teenagers and young adults

And now understand the young people who were hardline CCP in their youth doing these acts now control the CCP.

Heck Xi Jinping turned his own father into authorities for his anti-CCP words and books. Of course that’s who you want to run the show, his loyalty is to party above his own parents.

I put nothing past them even now. Evil creates evil.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Disagree, not with what the ccp did ( they did do that), but you can’t judge a race of people based on the actions of some in the past, by that logic all Germans are .....

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28

Disagree, not with what the ccp did ( they did do that), but you can’t judge a race of people based on the actions of some in the past, by that logic all Germans are .....

But the Germans were the Nazis, and that regime ended.

In China it's the same regime now that it was back then.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Well isn't this special! I came across this article about Florida and how they handle suspected infected people and apparently there is a law where they arent able to inform the public of suspected cases. Other states are doing the same thing.

“We are unable to comment on potential coronavirus cases because of a state statute that prohibits us from doing so,” said Alberto Moscoso, communications director for the Florida Department of Health.

But with the Zika Virus they did it differently;

"Florida’s approach to releasing information on coronavirus differs from how health officials handled the 2016-17 Zika virus outbreak. With Zika, the Florida Department of Health reported positive and negative samples and pending results by county. It also put out daily updates that included maps of confirmed cases."

So basically my state's approach is to not tell anyone anything about suspected cases... isnt that just special! I could have 100 cases under investigation down the street and not even freakin know it! Meanwhile I go around as if there isn't anything to worry about.. yet.

Article

What bull$hip!

This isn't getting enough attention.

I repeat: This needs more attention

I feel this is everywhere here in the states. I think that authorities are scared to death that the American public will panic, and are working together to keep the news "positive".

The suspected case up north in Champaign Illinios has kind of been quiet and we are no longer getting any updates on people in quarantine. The full number in quarantine.

I believe it is a systematic approach to keep quiet on the subject. The last thing that the American authorities want is a bunch of independent thinking people that don't trust the government making a run on supplies and protesting at all major government buildings.

I am upping more supply preps as soon as I get off of work. Hopefully it isn't as bad as I feel it may be.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've seen multiple posts about the WHO saying it was getting better. Anyone have a quote? Because I listened to the conference on Thursday and there was no implication of them saying it was better. I'll try to listen to the update today which should happen around 10am est. The numbers do seem to slow down every other day but I can't imagine how hospital staff can even keep up with testing anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Wife is Chinese, from China.

I specifically reference CCP and Chinese people as 2 different things for the most part.

I use the terms in exactly the same way anti-CCP Chinese people use them.

My wife and much of her family reference this the same. I learned from them.

I love China and Chinese people. However CCP members, about 10% of China’s population, need to be dealt with. How that’s done I don’t know.

edit on 7-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Clarify

link   
a reply to: pasiphae

seems like before their just saying what their being told to to keep people calm, just like the MSM

link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

China orders Wuhan to round up ALL suspected coronavirus patients in put them in quarantine camps and warns officials who run away from the 'war' will be 'nailed to the pillar of historical shame'

China's central government has ordered Wuhan to round up all suspected coronavirus patients as well as their close contacts in mass quarantine camps. The country's Vice Premier Sun Chunlan called on a 'people's war' against the fast-spreading epidemic, which has killed at least 638 people and infected more than 31,520 globally. She demanded Communist officials of all levels take active lead in this 'wartime condition', or face being 'nailed onto the pillar of historical shame forever'. The city has around 14 million residents, but it remains unknown how many people would be quarantined or where they would be kept. Wuhan officials are now carrying out door-to-door health checks to identify potential carriers who would need to be isolated.

Ms Sun demanded four types of people in Wuhan be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever. Ms Sun called on a 'people's war' against the coronavirus epidemic in a meeting on Tuesday. Yesterday, she instructed all levels of officials to treat the fight of the outbreak as the 'most important and urgent mission' in another briefing. 'There must be a 24-hour shift pattern. During the wartime condition, there must be no deserters, otherwise they will be forever nailed onto the pillar of historical shame', Ms Sun said, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

looks like they've got The temperature-taking drones now flying around. Whats next? Order the drones to shoot?

Seriously, though, does look like its major panic stations in China, must e far worse than we are being told or it's a massive plot to keep all civilians inside.
edit on 7-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Time to go shopping for more supplies I think...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I'm confident we have undisclosed cases here.

There was a scare about a week ago at rural South Florida hospital last week. Guy had come in presenting flu like symptoms, visiting for a fishing trip, had been to Wuhan for work within the previous two weeks. He tested negative.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

understood, wasn't getting at you don't get me wrong, it was the "I put nothing past them even now. Evil creates evil." that raised a flag to me and someone else's comment to my reply is just naive but im not even getting into that its a whole different issue.
thanks for the reply SpartanStoic

edit on 7-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The mortality rate for "resolved" cases is a worrying statistic.
At the time of writing, of the 2385 cases which have resulted in either the patient being cured or dying - 639 have died compared to 1746 cured individuals.
That's a mortality rate of 27%
A mortality rate using currently infected patients who haven't died, yet, assumes that the currently infected will all live.
Which given that we have an actual outcome and not a predicted one seems like a strange statistic to be reported.
From what I've seen, the mortality rate seems to be reported at 2-5%, which given the above is a highly unreliable estimate.
I just thought that was worth mentioning

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join