It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If you plan to travel outside of the United States, please sign up for this:

step.state.gov...

Very important to do so.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If you plan to travel outside of the United States, please sign up for this:

step.state.gov...

Very important to do so.

OK, do so please.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Where are people getting 15 or 20% fatality rates? You can't go by any numbers in China. The only thing to reliably use are cases outside of China. And deaths outside of China are under 1% - nowhere remotely close to even 10%, let alone 20% or more.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Only 115 additional cases in China, excluding hubei...

Per our glorious tyrannical Chinese government. How convenient. Dropped from 160 something yesterday. Tomorrow will be 50. Out of billions lmao 🤣

They are going to stop, posting any type of numbers soon, and try to play it off. I bet ya.

I fully expect China goes back to work, next week, and I no longer want here about this corona virus starting next month in China.

The Chinese are pissed of Australia have closed their borders to Chinese because of the virus, I heard a complaint on the radio this morning because no university students can travel here, they say we should lift the ban.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Where are people getting 15 or 20% fatality rates? You can't go by any numbers in China. The only thing to reliably use are cases outside of China. And deaths outside of China are under 1% - nowhere remotely close to even 10%, let alone 20% or more.

There's only been 5 deaths outside of China and I believe they are all Chinese as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Update on the Diamond Princess cruise ship: Tokyo time: 11:30 am Monday morning

I don't have proof of this but maybe our Philippino members here can verify it.

All 27 Philippinos that are part of the crew have tested positive.

OK, it appears to be posted by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Republic of the Philippines .
edit on 0200000018352020-02-16T20:35:18-06:00351802pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Exactly 6 weeks ago, Hubei Province put out a press release about an "unexplained viral pneumonia". At the time there were 59 cases, and 0 deaths according to CCP. This is almost exactly where Japan (minus cruise ship), Hong Kong and Singapore find themselves today.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Not surprising. As crew, they would have been carrying out housekeeping duties most likely, so they would have had contact the most with the passengers from room to room.

I wonder how many passengers they managed to spread it too?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Where are the numbers rising outside mainland China and Japan (which is the ship FYI)
U.K. 9- 8 recovered tested 2292 no infection 2283!
Germany 16- 3 recovered release 120 from quarantine clear no infection

If you actually point to somewhere these showing the not working containment and rising numbers it would be appreciated so I can educate myself accordingly

And if your counting the time period over the evacuation flights we’ll they were all evacuated from China and actual “spread” anywhere else hasn’t as yet risen rapidly beyond the evacuated people (excluding the ship in Japan which is skewing their numbers)

Forget recovered I'm talking about new cases. We need to worry about new cases because we dont want people to contract the disease in the first place. If they recover later thats great but the goal right now is to prevent the disease from spreading and to prevent people from getting it in the first place.

Dude look at the stats. What I am pointing out to everyone is that the number of cases regardless of cruise ships are rising exponentially. I noticed today the glaringly obvious fact that cases are on the rise in a big way despite the seemingly small numbers they are right now....the cases ARE IN FACT RISING in developed countries.

How many cases were there (MINUS CRUISE SHIP NUMBERS) on Jan 25 outside China? ...how many are there now?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Well spotted six weeks behind seems about right.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not surprising. As crew, they would have been carrying out housekeeping duties most likely, so they would have had contact the most with the passengers from room to room.

I wonder how many passengers they managed to spread it too?

I don't have morning report on newly infected on ship, but now with 380 Americans off board, info should be coming in twice a day. I posted that they are using the PCR test kits. (is that about right, with you husband)?
They are using throat tissues to get a very accurate reading so it may help on false negatives.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The Chinese are pissed of Australia have closed their borders to Chinese because of the virus, I heard a complaint on the radio this morning because no university students can travel here, they say we should lift the ban.

Knowing Scott Morrison, a man who stands for economic growth and won't let anything get in the way, to close our borders to China must take something profound.

Does the Government know something, or are they being super cautious?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

Knowing Scott Morrison, a man who stands for economic growth and won't let anything get in the way, to close our borders to China must take something profound.

Got me stumped, Morrison is a corporate whore so as you say it's a pretty big deal this has happened. I think they know something, the numbers just aren't adding up.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It seems to me that cruise ships are a bigger danger than airline flights with this. We have less evidence of transmission while on a flight, but the Westerdam is the second ship to have a passenger turn up positive who may have spent prolonged time in close contact with other passengers on the cruise.

I think the short span of a flight is less problematic while not safe, but the longer contact of a cruise gives ample time and opportunity for this thing to get good and spread.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Maybe it means this: Quarantining the whole nation. It is possible.
I'm now worried about the collapse of the Japanese economy. But not to be selfish, I live next to the ocean and river. I've been checking into where to buy one of the "throw nets" , but can't find them. Can anyone help me on that. Really need to buy one to net some fish. A run on the grocery stores will prove it to be vital in the upcoming weeks. Hmm. come to think of it, need to buy some miso stock.
edit on 0200000046552020-02-16T20:55:46-06:00554602pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

I doubt whether Scott Morison knows much, but he most likely has been advised by the Yanks through the security channels , that if he doesn't want the same to happen to the Australians of Asian decent from experiencing the same problems as they are getting in Wuhan, they had better isolate. Think of the cost if they started falling ill Australia has a high Asian population , as does New Zealand. In some places it looks like an Asian city.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

My opinion is that they know something that the CCP does that we don't.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It seems to me that cruise ships are a bigger danger than airline flights with this. We have less evidence of transmission while on a flight, but the Westerdam is the second ship to have a passenger turn up positive who may have spent prolonged time in close contact with other passengers on the cruise.

I think the short span of a flight is less problematic while not safe, but the longer contact of a cruise gives ample time and opportunity for this thing to get good and spread.

What is kind of serious is this: We live where the prefecture has only one main airport and that airport serves passenger out of Haneda or Narita that fly into this airport, yet after 2 weeks, no confirmed stewardess's have the virus. Strange I tell ya since the taxi driver can give it to passengers and the man on the company party boat can infect 9 people, one I understand is in serious condition, things just don't add up. Do you agree?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

I don't think gillnetting is legal anymore but i'm not an expert

I see videos of Japanese using them in the rivers, but illegal/legal never thought of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join