It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Stock markets slipping into the red again

As someone who doesn't know jacksh...te about the stock market. I'd like to mention my thoughts. They might seem really offbeat, but what the heck.

1. The insiders had enough time to convince the "inexperience due to their time in the market" how they control the "panic mode " of selling the market that has its ups and down. While doing this , the insiders not only manipulate the buys and sells, but get out of the market buy selling stocks they see that won't recovery for some time. Ex. Toyota Apple and other companies that solely deal with imports from China. "The Dollar Rama", The Dollar Tree or what ever them dollar or yen stores are called.
2. Stocks they know or have already known that would go up in value, they keep till it rises to about the max and find suckers to buy them at "still their making a profit".
3. One thing is for sure: Valuable stocks to purchase will be hard to find and buy.
4. Junk or worthless companies that their stocks are over inflated will become just that "worthless". For how long, don't know.
5. A stock or two that I would investigate is the "trucking industry" and the "rail road system" industry. A flaw in their ratings would be easy to suspect that they may be "untrue".

just my thoughts of an open mind

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The WHO is sending an advance team of experts to Beijing to help investigate the virus.

But it has taken nearly two weeks to get the government's green light on its composition, which was not announced, other than to say that WHO veteran Dr. Bruce Aylward, a Canadian epidemiologist and emergencies expert, was heading it.

Interesting that it would take two weeks to agree on the team’s composition.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Just spoke with a guy I know in Beijing (american teaching there and married to Chinese) --

Beijing: Not officially under lockdown, but nobody goes out except emergency and using a mask. About 75 people near him he has heard have it. All the streets are empty.

Food still on shelves in Beijing.

School now closed until March 2nd there.

"It's really bad" was his quote.

2 days ago it was reported also on Japanese TV
Yes, the town and streets are literally deserted
did they mention that snow was on the ground?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Inside Quarantine: Ben tries to teach online lesson for his Wuhan students

Here is one update from Ben in UK quarantine, day 8 and so far so good.

I have not come across any stories of how America quarantine is going. I am not really expecting much either when looking at how America handled the Deepwater Horizon incident and the subsequent Corexit spraying. From some reports a lot of cases of people affected by this where written of as influenza or pneumonia. I guess the oil industry was worried about subsequent litigation issues. This time the worry of economic issues is motivating the cover up.

I expect behind the scenes there will be a lot of action going on to contain the issue. With so many people oblivious to the issues it will be tough to stop it all. In China it took about two months from when the first case surfaced to get to the point to when they had to shut down the city. A lot more could of been done in the initial stages of Wuhan to contain the spread if they knew what they where dealing with. This is one hard lesson that the rest of the world can learn from.

How we manage the fear of this is going to be as important as the virus itself for an effective containment action. Public knowledge is important to maximize individual responsibility against this threat. The hypocrisy of Chinese authorities to punish individuals who lie about the state of infection while covering up the true death toll is concerning. I understand the scale of the disaster is a shock for anyone to deal with, but without a true picture of what the world is facing the world is unprepared for what is coming.

While restrictions to information on the true state of affairs exist, it does promote further distrust, fake news and fear of the unknown. Silence on such vital and important matters does lend weight to being an orchestrated campaign against humanity. With the WHO claiming misinformation is more of a threat it demonstrates their incompetence in effectively understanding the situation. If an organization such as this cannot access quality information on the ground what chance do the rest of us have?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Everyone buying an n95 mask is wasting their money. They don’t work.

You need the bigger, heavier masks and eye protection.

I've stayed away from reporting on mask. As the saying goes, its better then nothing.
A handkerchief is just as good in many cases.

What people are missing and really missing, is that eye wear is just as important, but people aren't catching onto that yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That is Guo Wengui famous dissident who does in fact have connections inside the CCP. There’s a long story behind him and his situation but I’ll summarize below.

- He angered some in the Xi administration, unknown who but he always targets a Secretary of State person
- He fled in 2014 after being tipped off that fraudulent charges were being planned against him
- He has handed off internal CCP docs to US State Dept, which did not elaborate to their authenticity (if you worked in govt like me, you know what this means - docs legit)
- Obama and Trump refuse to hand him over
- Many Chinese people outside China listen and follow him, he does give away lots of things before they happen indicating he is in contact with some high level CCP players

I keep track him and wife follows him very closely. He is fairly accurate in his predictions but occasionally is way off the mark. He has predicted their GDP numbers with some accuracy 1-2 days before official release. Some say that’s not hard to do, but with how many times I’ve seen Wall Street get them wrong and Wengui get them right it’s hard not to at least listen to him.

I was going to post this before but decided against it. Kudos and a star to you sir.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Ohanka
Everyone buying an n95 mask is wasting their money. They don’t work.

You need the bigger, heavier masks and eye protection.

I've stayed away from reporting on mask. As the saying goes, its better then nothing.
A handkerchief is just as good in many cases.

What people are missing and really missing, is that eye wear is just as important, but people aren't catching onto that yet.

All the masks and eye protection aren't worth much if you don't put them on right. How many people actually know how to do that?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That is Guo Wengui famous dissident who does in fact have connections inside the CCP. There’s a long story behind him and his situation but I’ll summarize below.

- He angered some in the Xi administration, unknown who but he always targets a Secretary of State person
- He fled in 2014 after being tipped off that fraudulent charges were being planned against him
- He has handed off internal CCP docs to US State Dept, which did not elaborate to their authenticity (if you worked in govt like me, you know what this means - docs legit)
- Obama and Trump refuse to hand him over
- Many Chinese people outside China listen and follow him, he does give away lots of things before they happen indicating he is in contact with some high level CCP players

I keep track him and wife follows him very closely. He is fairly accurate in his predictions but occasionally is way off the mark. He has predicted their GDP numbers with some accuracy 1-2 days before official release. Some say that’s not hard to do, but with how many times I’ve seen Wall Street get them wrong and Wengui get them right it’s hard not to at least listen to him.

I was going to post this before but decided against it. Kudos and a star to you sir.

The CIA is surely monitoring him and his .... goes very deep.
I'm sure he has been informed by such restrictions placed on him by the Homeland Security also.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I spoke with some old colleagues and friends in Guangzhou all morning. And a friend who’s wife and kids are in quarantine at Travis AFB in CA.

In summary;

Much of southern China lockdown until Mar 1
Pretty much in lockdown, if you go out prepare for massively questioning and temperature taking
As I posted earlier, companies are begging to go back to work on Feb 14 or thereabouts, so far answer is no.
Schools have begun teaching online using various apps and WeChat
Pretty much most places for public gatherings are closed or just have no one to run them
Supermarkets open but controlled, mom and pop stores some open, some not

My wife’s cousins and #1 uncle in Shenzhen are a-ok. Luckily 1 cousin stockpiled well when things kicked off, she was front an center for SARS so has a heathy fear of CCP. They are all holed up in uncles house in northern Shenzhen in a suburban area with less people.

My friend who I worked with in China for 4 years, his wife is from Wuhan and she went there in the middle of January before things kicked off. She took an evac flight back to USA because the kids are Americans and she holds a green card. They are under quarantine until February 18th. They have been asked not to communicate with anyone except family. She has not answered my wife’s WeChat msgs but we aren’t sure what that means. I spoke on the phone with him this morning and he seemed to be handling it well.

His kids and wife have been tested at least twice that he knows about and are healthy and well.

Add - Officials just announced Foxconn can resume manufacturing shortly, however no date was given.

Stay frosty and safe out there! I did some extra stockpiling today at Costco.

edit on 9-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is WHO softening impact of the truth ahead of the curve?

Many reports out of China have nCoV much worse than official reporting - maybe to point that wall of falsehoods may collapse.

Summary:

Virus death toll hits 902, vastly surpassing all of SARS (813) in only three weeks
The number of global confirmed cases hits 40,553 in China (40,171) and offshore (382)
WHO Director-General warns "we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg"
Exiled Chinese billionaire says true death toll closer to 50k, 1.5 million infected
New cases confirmed in UK, Spain, Singapore
Passengers aboard 'Diamond Princess' warn authorities aren't doing enough to protect them - and others
Officials in Shenzen say they won't block Foxxconn factory reopening
Cruise ship quarantined in Hong Kong allowed to leave after 4 days

Emphasis added,

Tip Of The Iceberg, WHO Director

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Miles Guo’s interview with Stephen K. Bannon on War Room: Pandemic. Sounds quite bad.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Not sure if this has been posted, but this woman on Twitter was on the first evacuation plane from Wuhan and is in CA under quarantine, about to be released. twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: azamber

Getting some good news in a time like this helps, thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I googled Guo Wengui and came across a recent post. Can't figure out how to post a link. Google: Mile Guo explains why CCP unleashed Wigan coronavirus if his accusation is true that this was an attempt to end the protest in Hong Kong and to target specific people, heaven help us that humanity has gotten this low. The article was on site called GNews. Maybe someone can post the link.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Hopefully this posts correctly, this tweet is about a new preprint publication about 1099 confirmed corona virus cases.

While it hasn’t been peer reviewed and published yet, it has some very interesting data in there, that can give you an idea of the eventual fatality rate and who will be effected.

1.36% fatality rate so far, 93% of patients still hospitalised when study ended.
edit on 9 2 2020 by OutsideContextProblem because: Added data

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Chinese Ambassador did not deny virus’ origin from a Chinese lab

The Chinese ambassador to the US Cui Tiankai was interviewed by “Face the Nation”. Mr. Cui danced around the topic of the origin of the Wuhan coronavirus, which has spread to many countries. If you listen carefully, he did not deny the virus’ origin from a Chinese Lab. Instead, he dismissed the saying that the virus came from an American lab.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz
I googled Guo Wengui and came across a recent post. Can't figure out how to post a link. Google: Mile Guo explains why CCP unleashed Wigan coronavirus if his accusation is true that this was an attempt to end the protest in Hong Kong and to target specific people, heaven help us that humanity has gotten this low. The article was on site called GNews. Maybe someone can post the link.

To add a link you can either copy-paste it, or click the icon that has a square with an arrow.

Anyways, here is the link you wanted to share: Miles Guo explains why CCP unleashed Wuhan coronavirus

I have trouble believing this because it would have been released in Hong Honkg, not Wuhan. Unless most of the people they wanted to target were living in Wuhan, in which case it would mean the people against the CCP had their HQ in Wuhan. None the less, I think it would have been easier for the CCP just to invent false accusation and get them all to jail.
edit on 9/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
youtu.be...

On a cell so cant embed, this guy is broadcasting from Hong Kong

He says Wuhan is only getting a ration of 4,000 test kits a day

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion

originally posted by: Cmajlz

To add a link you can either copy-paste it, or click the icon that has a square with an arrow.

Anyways, here is the link you wanted to share: Miles Guo explains why CCP unleashed Wuhan coronavirus

I have trouble believing this because it would have been released in Hong Honkg, not Wuhan. Unless most of the people they wanted to target were living in Wuhan, in which case it would mean the people against the CCP had their HQ in Wuhan. None the less, I think it would have been easier for the CCP just to invent false accusation and get them all to jail.

Funny I didn't know about that post. Seems like those on Wall Street may have been tipped off too!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Chinese Ambassador did not deny virus’ origin from a Chinese lab

The Chinese ambassador to the US Cui Tiankai was interviewed by “Face the Nation”. Mr. Cui danced around the topic of the origin of the Wuhan coronavirus, which has spread to many countries. If you listen carefully, he did not deny the virus’ origin from a Chinese Lab. Instead, he dismissed the saying that the virus came from an American lab.

This is what he said:

AMBASSADOR CUI: I think it's true that a lot is still unknown and our scientists, Chinese scientists, American scientists, scientists of other countries are doing their best to learn more about the virus, but it's very harmful. It's very dangerous to stir up suspicion, rumors and spread them among the people. For one thing, this will create panic. Another thing that it will fend up racial discrimination, xenophobia, all these things, that will really harm our joint efforts to combat the virus. Of course, there are all kinds of speculation and rumors. There are people who are saying that these virus are coming from some- some military lab, not of China, maybe in the United States. How- how can we believe all these crazy things?

I didn't understand what he said as what you quoted.

I find a little more alarming what he said about the doctor that tried to sound the alarm and died:

MARGARET BRENNAN: There has been some outcry on social media, particularly after the death of Dr. Li Wenliang. He had made public warnings for weeks before the government acknowledged this was happening. In fact, authorities had forced him to disavow what he had said previously, which turned out to be true. The Communist Party of China is now investigating this. Why?

AMBASSADOR CUI: Well, we are all very saddened about the death of Dr. Li. He is a good doctor. He was a devoted doctor, and he did his best to protect people's health. We are so grateful to him. But you see, he was a doctor and a doctor could be alarmed by some individual cases. But as for the government, you have to do more. You have to base your decisions, your announcement on more solid evidence and signs.

Those this mean the CCP believes their doctors know less than a politician? I don't know, but if a doctor says their could be a new virus, instead of silencing him, they should send resources to help the hospital get to the bottom of it as fast as possible.
edit on 9/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join