It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Does this satellite image show the scale of China's coronavirus cremations?

High sulphur dioxide levels at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak could be a sign of mass cremations, it has been claimed. Satellite maps in recent days have shown alarming levels of SO2 around Wuhan, the Chinese city where the outbreak began. In addition, there were high sulphur dioxide levels in the city of Chongqing which is also under quarantine. Scientists say that sulphur dioxide is produced when bodies are cremated, and also when medical waste is incinerated. A Twitter user who investigated the maps suggested that dead bodies could be being burned on the outskirts of the city.

One map from Czech-based weather service Windy.com showed sulphur dioxide levels in Wuhan at a staggering 1,350 micrograms per cubic metre (µg/m3) over the weekend. For comparison, the World Health Organisation (WHO) says that a dosage of 500 µg/m3 should not be exceeded for more than 10 minutes. The UK government considers a 15-minute concentration of 533 µg/m3 to be 'high'. According to the map, the SO2 levels were lower today but Wuhan and Chongqing still stood out compared to much of China. Parts of Wuhan still showed concentrations above 500 µg/m3 on Monday, the map suggested. Scientists say that cremating bodies releases SO2 along with other pollutants including nitrogen oxides.

aSWELL AS THE VIRUS, IT LOOKS LIKE HIGH Concentration levels of Sulphur dioxide in the air which if breathed in can cause breathing problems. Wuhan is a place NOT to visit.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Update 2-2-10-2020 Tokyo time 9 pm

1. It is now to believe the virus is changing rapidly and spreading more rapidly. (This is the case on the liner)
2. Japan is preparing for more cases to be either treated on shore or ...? (didn't quite catch the remaining part of that)
3. Nissan suspends work at the factory in Fukuoka, Japan.
4. Its now being stated that the "emotion" of the situation with the virus is getting stronger among people.
5. Honda now suspends production in China.
6. Travel restrictions in China now is causing people not being able to return to work.
7. Most car plants in China are now closed till the 17th of the month or until further notice.
8. Supply chains from China are hurting companies from around the world. An economic slow down will materialize sometime in the future. Possible short time slow down is very real according to Japanese Trade Minister (or whatever department that was speaking)
9. Japan CAN NOT handle 3711 patients with the Corona Virus. Measures are now being talked about. (I'd assume at the national level dealing with immigration/departures/medical emergencies and who knows what else.

I haven't received an update from the US Embassy with any new notices. Nothing to report from them.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS OFFICIAL. THE VIRUS IS CHANGING RAPIDLY AND SPREADING MORE RAPIDLY. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE MEDICAL TEAM ABOARD THE SHIP HAS STATED THAT.

I DID POST THAT ALL CREW MEMBERS AND 2 ONBOARD DOCTORS ARE UNWELL, NO NEWS ON THEIR CONDITION.

One of the most medications seems to be : high blood pressure medications. The problem with that is, many probably have different mgs to differ from each other.

Today's survey:
25% are very worried
50% are now concerned
not sure about the rest

No panic in buying supplies have been seen other then masks.

See ya all tomorrow with an update. There is no contact between the delivery of meals to the passenger. I guess it is put at the door and the passenger waits for a time limit and then gets it. Must be one heck of a job.
My question though is, if the crew members are unwell, who is delivering the food.
Also, last I heard, the towels are not being exchanged.
edit on 0200000015122020-02-10T07:12:15-06:00121502am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
A bounce on the infection rate but still slowing.

wuflu.live...

It’s not slowing. Those figures are utterly meaningless. Medical personnel are going down with it in China, doctors, nurses, auxiliaries. Testing is maxed out currently. Probably struggling to actually do the tests and get results. It is only my personal opinion, but this is far from slowing, the lid is off the box and we’re all going to know it sooner or later. Again though, no panic, we were born to die, so what will be will be for each and every one of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: MrRCflying

congrats... sounds like you developed an actual Sanctuary....

the only shortcoming is that the Sanctuary is vunerable to Drone Attack....Sniper exercises

best wishes for all of youse

Yep, you can't protect against every possibility. Otherwise it would be like living in a prison full time.

Not panicking yet. Still doing normal everyday stuff. Except my business is being hit hard, as I can't get custom made PCBs out of China.

I started preparing years ago, and just kept it up. Just in case.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Navieko

The impact to the economy is going to be hell, unknown territory...eliminate debt now and maybe get bees and start making honey.

Strap yourself in that's for sure.

Forget eliminating debt... Let them come to my "infected" house and get it. If things start to look worse, I am spending my funds on another 6 months worth of food and supplies. I have 5 months worth now. I would like to be able to have my family hold out for a year if needed.

Hope you don't live in a welfare HUD rental house in a big warm city.

Nope. In the country, own home, 5 acres, well water, backup heat, generator to power well if needed. 5 plus months of food for family of 5. 6 tyvec suits, head covers, goggles, 50+ pair of nitrile gloves, booties, 18 N95 masks, reperator with P100 filters, fogger with disinfectant. 2 big dogs, and firearms for hunting and protection.

put some bells in important locations with strings. I think you know what I mean.
Also have plywood to board up un-necessary windows, something like that
remember a hungry man is a dangerous man

Chinese people don't have guns
Remember the inner city gangs don't have a heart, but it does breath evil (the blood does )

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

The impact to the economy is going to be hell, unknown territory...eliminate debt now and maybe get bees and start making honey.

Forget eliminating debt... Let them come to my "infected" house and get it. If things start to look worse, I am spending my funds on another 6 months worth of food and supplies. I have 5 months worth now. I would like to be able to have my family hold out for a year if needed.

Nope. In the country, own home, 5 acres, well water, backup heat, generator to power well if needed. 5 plus months of food for family of 5. 6 tyvec suits, head covers, goggles, 50+ pair of nitrile gloves, booties, 18 N95 masks, reperator with P100 filters, fogger with disinfectant. 2 big dogs, and firearms for hunting and protection.

and your address is?...

Some peoples form of prepping is knowing where preppers live

I hope it never comes to that. LOL Most of my family does not even know what I have. I have tried to encourage them to be prepared, but most of the time I just get scoffed at.

Not sure what the big deal is actually. All the stuff will be used before it goes bad. So I think of it as shopping in advance.

I think I would rather go out fighting than drown in my own lung juices anyway.
edit on 10-2-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
I See they say the quarantine for the Diamond Princess cruise ship is scheduled to end on February 19.

If they just confirmed additional infected passengers yesterday, that could have been spreading virus at least up til Feb 9, that will effectively only be a 10 day quarantine after these contagious people were taken off ship

I just listened to the 9pm news, I didn't hear that being said. May I asked where you got your info.
And besides, Japan is not going to let those people infected off the ship until beds are ready in the hospitals. I hate say this when I use the word "think", but if I'm correct, Japan only has 40 hospitals capable of treating this type of infectious disease.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Link to past post

The post in the above link has a youtube video that overlays the SO2 with the locations of crematoriums in Wuhan. They fit.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

and your address is?...

Some peoples form of prepping is knowing where preppers live

Yes, it is. Heard it straight from the horse's mouth (former SWAT, military police, etc.) I hope he was kidding, but I don't know.

Wish I had dogs. I don't much fancy being on watch 24/7. Always been a cat person, but they would probably eat me in my sleep if supplies got low. They catch the occasional pheasant, plenty of rabbits, but they'd have my eyes if I dared imagine they'd share. Still, nice of them to let me live here I suppose.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought

Close Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought Research says coronavirus ‘spreads rapidly by human-to-human transmission’ Kate Ng 1 hour ago Medical researchers in China have found the incubation period for coronavirus ranges up to 24 days — 10 days longer than experts previously thought. The research was co-authored by Dr Zhong Nanshan, who discovered the SARS coronavirus in 2003 and has been appointed as a leading advisor in managing the current coronavirus crisis.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: drussell41

I agree, don't think masks etc will necessarily stop it but do think they will increase your chances of being safe, not sure by how much.

You've inspired me to look into decontamination protocols

Had Guardia twice myself, disgusting disease, most recently after fires here in Aus from washing in the creek. Was pretty damn dirty, tanks were empty, shoulda known better, lots of dead animals from fires, paid the price.

find my post about masks, there's a comment that...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

ok, didn't realize someone had already posted about this.

i can't go through all the pages since my last post yesterday.
edit on 10-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Annnnnnndddddd Shanghai is on lockdown.

Taiwan News

Bonus confirmation that Chongqing is also.

My 1000th post!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

"Not sure what the big deal is actually. All the stuff will be used before it goes bad. So I think of it as shopping in advance.

I think I would rather go out fighting than drown in my own lung juices anyway."

Spot on

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

sorry, cant get link to work!
www.cnn.com...

6 hr 29 min ago
The Japanese government is considering testing all Diamond Princess passengers
From CNN’s Yoko Wakatsuki and Mick Krever in Tokyo

A Japan Coast Guard' patrol boat, left, is brought alongside the cruise ship Diamond Princess to take passengers tested positive for coronavirus to hospitals off Yokohama on Wednesday, February 5.
A Japan Coast Guard' patrol boat, left, is brought alongside the cruise ship Diamond Princess to take passengers tested positive for coronavirus to hospitals off Yokohama on Wednesday, February 5. Hiroko Harima/Kyodo News via AP
The Japanese government is considering testing all passengers aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which remains docked under quarantine off the coast of Yokohama, regardless of whether they are symptomatic.

“We are aware that there are voices (saying) that all the passengers and crew members must get the test on the coronavirus when they disembark,” said Katsunobu Kato, Japanese minister of health, labor, and welfare.
“We are taking a close look whether we can conduct all the tests.”
So far, authorities have been prioritizing testing passengers and crew members who feel unwell. The ship was placed under quarantine on February 4 after a former passenger tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus. The quarantine is scheduled to end on February 19.

A total of 70 people have tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus on board the ship, which is carrying more than 3,700 people, including crew and passengers.

edit on 10-2-2020 by GoldGlobal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm concerned that the reason they are quarantining people on the ships is because they know something the public doesn't. It makes no sense to let them all infect each other and that's a pretty logical conclusion. I would think they'd take the sick ones off and put them in REAL quarantine. That would make more sense.... so since that's not being done I'

Comparing this to the seasonal flu is really downplaying it. 40K people don't get sick in one major city, like say Houston, in the span of 2 weeks. 800 people don't die in a major city in 2 weeks. I know the flu is bad but it's not THIS level bad.

As far as the numbers going down... there's just not a physical way for them to test more than a certain number of tests each day. They don't have the man power. The UK is planning on being able to do 1000 a day.... I can't imagine how Hubei could even test more than 4K in a day so we really don't have a clue what the real numbers are. We also know the tests aren't 100% accurate.

Lastly, the man who traveled to Shanghai.... he was there Jan 20-23 and at that time only 40 cases were reported so he probably thought there wasn't much risk. He wound up infecting multiple people. I think the incubation period can be 3 weeks for some and it's possible some could spread it even longer than a 3 week time frame.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
a reply to: musicismagic

A total of 70 people have tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus on board the ship, which is carrying more than 3,700 people, including crew and passengers.

It's 130 now mate, almost double - your report was over 6 hours ago - with coronavirus, you snooze you lose.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought

Close Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought Research says coronavirus ‘spreads rapidly by human-to-human transmission’ Kate Ng 1 hour ago Medical researchers in China have found the incubation period for coronavirus ranges up to 24 days — 10 days longer than experts previously thought. The research was co-authored by Dr Zhong Nanshan, who discovered the SARS coronavirus in 2003 and has been appointed as a leading advisor in managing the current coronavirus crisis.

www.independent.co.uk...

I didn't see that before I posted my comment about the incubation period being longer than 2 weeks! This confirms what my gut has been saying all along. I really don't think there's a way to contain this.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: celltypespecific

This is why I have said on other threads, and continue to say here, I just cannot comprehend the logic of using a ship as a quarantine. Ships are a floating incubator for the transmission of viruses and disease! They always have been. This isn't a secret, how many times have we all seen MSM news stories about large segments of a cruise ship coming down with some ailment aboard a ship? All of the mechanical (HVAC) systems are connected, all of the water systems are connected and all of the sanitary systems are connected.

It's only a matter of time before every single person aboard that floating death trap becomes infected with this virus. They quarantined the ship based on a single handful of possible cases, and in the process they've sentenced 3,700 other people to their fate.

And, while this situation may be 'interesting' in some twisted clinical sort of way (i.e. calculating actual survival rates in a closed environment), at the same time it is disturbing beyond description! I understand the need to perhaps quarantine persons (in general), but I absolutely do NOT understand, nor do I accept, quarantining individuals in an environment where they will almost certainly contract the virus! Again, a ship is a floating incubator for the spread of viruses like this. If you need to quarantine someone, do it in an environment which is suitable for preventing the further spread of the virus...NOT onboard a ship where you have limited trained staff, limited medical facilities and an environment just ripe to spread disease!

A "Quarantine" must also meet stringent legal and ethical criteria. Based on the limited news reports we are receiving, I do not believe these criteria are being met. Specifically:

(note: underlines by me)

Guidance on when and how human rights can be restricted to prevent the spread of infectious disease is found in The Siracusa Principles, a non-binding document developed by the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights and adopted by the United Nations Economic and Social Council in 1984.[32] The Siracusa Principles state that restrictions on human rights under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights must meet standards of legality, evidence-based necessity, proportionality, and gradualism, noting that public health can be used as grounds for limiting certain rights if the state needs to take measures ‘aimed at preventing disease or injury or providing care for the sick and injured.’ Limitations on rights (such as quarantine) must be ‘strictly necessary,’ meaning that they must:

- respond to a pressing public or social need (health)
- proportionately pursue a legitimate aim (prevent the spread of infectious disease)
- be the least restrictive means required for achieving the purpose of the limitation
- be provided for and carried out in accordance with the law
- be neither arbitrary nor discriminatory
- only limit rights that are within the jurisdiction of the state seeking to impose the limitation.[33]

In addition, when quarantine is imposed, public health ethics specify that:

- all restrictive actions must be well-supported by data and scientific evidence
- all information must be made available to the public
- all actions must be explained clearly to those whose rights are restricted and to the public
- all actions must be subject to regular review and reconsideration.

Finally, the state is ethically obligated to offer certain guarantees:

- Infected people will not be threatened or abused.
- Basic needs such as food, water, medical care, and preventive care will be provided.
- Communication with loved ones and with caretakers will be permitted.
- Constraints on freedom will be applied equally, regardless of social considerations.
- Patients will be compensated fairly for economic and material losses, including salary.[34]

Wiki Source

Bottom line...I have a major problem with these forced quarantines (in general), and a super major issue with the shipboard quarantines!! For some, they are a death sentence whereas treated differently they may not be.

Well said.

I mentioned on a earlier post, that the original 6 who had the virus should have been taken off the ship and quarantined seperately to the other 3,700 odd. It's a bit ridiculous to keep all 3,700 on board when only 6 had it at that stage.

link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I believe they ARE removing all the sick passnegers that have tested positive and taking them to hospitals. At least I think that's what I read?!

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join