It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you consider wrong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thats was very philosophical.

Tricked my mind into think ing I was in my philosophy class for a second time today.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
what i concider wrong

Paying £4.92 for a galon of petrol, which for you yankes is $8.71

Slow internet connections.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe right and wrong is a point of view that is different for each person and/or other unworldly being. It is definitely an opinion, not a fact or tangible thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
I believe right and wrong is a point of view that is different for each person and/or other unworldly being. It is definitely an opinion, not a fact or tangible thing.

Then I suppose slavery was stopped for no reason, huh?
So, it all boils down to opinions, huh? Well, thats nice and all but I excuse me if I offend you when I say that I don't care about your opinions. I don't care about your feelings or opinions, tell me what you think! If your religon isn't rational then it really doesn't mean much.
I can logically disprove what your saying. While you may not believe me, I'll still be right.
Now, first we must state a simple fact. If you have any problems with that fact then please respond and explain.
1. The human mind is naturally perverse. Perverse meaning, tending away from the original intent or purpose(I.E. cheating on tests, cheating in the olympics).

Throughout history, we can see that such a statement is true. Userpers and tyrants have taken thrones all through history outside the usual way of becoming king. We can even see it in young children. If you tell a child that he cannot have a cookie until after supper will he obey your rules? No, he will try and take a cookie before supper, or take a cookie without eating supper.
Therefore, we can assume that what most rational people think or do is perverse. Not all of it is, but we all have that little child in us, taking a cookie before he is supposed too.
I'm not to sure about your country but in the good ol' US the unspoken standard of any person of higher thought is that there isn't a God. All of our public school lessons are based upon this assumption, and a good portion of the media is also based upon it.
I also find alot of those people spouting much the same statement that you are. Its all up to us to decide whats right and whats wrong. We make our own truth and our system of beliefs, that can change at a moments notice. Well, you'd be much better off trying to deny reality using drugs, at least then you'd have an excuse.

Peace,
Void

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Voidmaster]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Then I guess it was never in anybody's best interest, even for a moment!

Think before you post. You're assuming unselfishness on the part of humanity, and that is nothing short of stupid.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
LOL Dr. Love!!!!
Here's mine: My girls are 6,9,13. My girlfriends are 12,16,18,20.............how do you want to leave this life? Don't touch my kids!
My sig says it all!!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by irishmen3g]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You seem to be getting a bit passionate about this Voidmaster? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so in hind-sight was that post not a little harsh?

Originally posted by sexymon

Personally I don’t think this opinion is crazy. Everyone is unique, with unique views on the world, and unique views on what is right and what is wrong. When considering a psychopath who cannot read emotion, acting with cruelty against someone who they consider deserving may, to them, seem justified. A scenario often used by Hollywood – not that this in any way proves the point to be correct! A simpler example could be that I don’t think that abortion is right, many do.

On the point of kids who want cookies before their dinner, do you really consider this to be evidence of the human race’s natural tendency towards perversity? Kids are born with instincts, such as they naturally crave food when hungry. Everyone knows most kids prefer sweet things over vegetables etc. They don’t deliberately betray their parents by evilly hatching a plan to steal a cookie! They simply don’t know any better.

The human race is far from perfect, but not everyone is naturally out to metaphorically steal the cookie which is not theirs.

Finally I’m not American, but have visited the country, and I am quite surprised to hear you say:

Originally posted by Voidmaster
I'm not to sure about your country but in the good ol' US the unspoken standard of any person of higher thought is that there isn't a God. All of our public school lessons are based upon this assumption, and a good portion of the media is also based upon it.

I’ve never been to an American school but I would have thought that most schools work on the assumption that there is a God, I’m not arguing with your point, just surprised.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Messi, you make some excellent points, and you do a masterful job of illustrating them.

To clarify my own stance, I don't believe in right or wrong for a fairly simple reason: only very, very rarely will any person honestly believe their own actions to be 'wrong'. We all do as we can, or must, to survive, and many of us do everything in our power to get ahead of the rest. If one were fettered by such concepts as right and wrong and really, really believed in them, one would have little choice but to forsake material reality almost entirely and live as an ascetic, for to do otherwise while others suffered would be 'wrong'.

We are selfish creatures, and we live in a world where nature is crueler than any other force. In such a world, labeling anything as wrong serves only to placate our own egos.

If you believe that something is evil, good for you... get out there and fight against it. But don't try and use words to convert me or anybody else to your way of thinking; if they are not backed by action, these words amount to nothing more than self-indulgent hypocrisy, and only the weak will be swayed by their influence.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Messi, you make some excellent points, and you do a masterful job of illustrating them.

To clarify my own stance, I don't believe in right or wrong for a fairly simple reason: only very, very rarely will any person honestly believe their own actions to be 'wrong'. We all do as we can, or must, to survive, and many of us do everything in our power to get ahead of the rest. If one were fettered by such concepts as right and wrong and really, really believed in them, one would have little choice but to forsake material reality almost entirely and live as an ascetic, for to do otherwise while others suffered would be 'wrong'.

We are selfish creatures, and we live in a world where nature is crueler than any other force. In such a world, labeling anything as wrong serves only to placate our own egos.

If you believe that something is evil, good for you... get out there and fight against it. But don't try and use words to convert me or anybody else to your way of thinking; if they are not backed by action, these words amount to nothing more than self-indulgent hypocrisy, and only the weak will be swayed by their influence.

Very well put TP and Messi.

I agreed with everything you have stated, opposite to what everyone belives it is a Dog eat Dog world and you do what you have too to survive.
I for one wish it was different, but unfortunatly this is not Human nature. There is a old saying about only the strong survive but it is very true these days.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
wrong things in the world

1)Clothes designed for Dogs.
2)Communist who are pro-liberaty and democracy.
3)Ducks.
4)70 yeard old Nudists *shudders*.
5)non-alcoholic beer.
6)Microsoft.
7)AOL.
8)Cup of non-British tea.
9)People who complain about the government, but do not vote.
10)ALL CAPS POST

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Alright! Now you just have to explain to me why you consider Ducks to be 'wrong'.

This should be good.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Duck are wannabe geese and i was attacked by a group of them when i was a young boy

...i got chased by them :'(

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Duck are wannabe geese and i was attacked by a group of them when i was a young boy

It seems that it was traumatic for you infinite, but you have to admit there's something very funny about that. "When Ducks Attack: tonight on FOX"

I find geese to be much more aggressive. We had a lake right in the middle of three highrises that I used to work in and there was this one gray goose that was like the goose from hell. It attacked everybody for no reason. One day an employee just ran the thing over with his car. End of problem.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
One day an employee just ran the thing over with his car. End of problem.

LMFAO

shouldn't laugh, but its the way you wrote it lol

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
1. farting (repeatedly, as if once is bad enough) in someone's presence is Soooo wrong.

2. farting and sneezing simultaneously at the same time is also wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join