It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Did you all see this page 55

"434/10(18). EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC. CALIFORNIA. MISSILES. 1. INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS 0001Z TO 2359Z DAILY MONDAY THRU SUNDAY IN THE NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER SEA RANGE. THE MAJORITY OF MISSILE FIRINGS TAKE PLACE 1400Z TO 2359Z AND 0001Z TO 0200Z DAILY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY IN AREA BOUND BY 34-02N 119-04W, 33-52N 119-06W, 33-29N 118-37W, 33-20N 118-37W, 32-11N 120-16W, 31-54N 121-35W, 35-09N 123-39W, 35-29N 123-00W, 35-57N 121-32W, 34-04N 119-04W. 2. VESSELS MAY BE REQUESTED TO ALTER COURSE WITHIN THE ABOVE AREA DUE TO FIRING OPERATIONS AND ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT PLEAD CONTROL ON 5081.5 MHZ (5080 KHZ) OR 3238.5 KHZ (3237 KHZ) SECONDARY OR 156.8 MHZ (CH 16) OR 127.55 MHZ BEFORE ENTERING THE ABOVE BOUNDARIES AND MAINTAIN CONTINUOUS GUARD WHILE WITHIN THE RANGE. 3. VESSELS INBOUND AND OUTBOUND FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PORTS WILL CREATE THE LEAST INTERFERENCE TO FIRING OPERATIONS DURING THE SPECIFIC PERIODS, AS WELL AS ENHANCE THE VESSEL'S SAFETY WHEN PASSING THROUGH THE VICINITY OF THE SEA RANGE IF THEY WILL TRANSIT VIA THE SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL AND WITHIN NINE MILES OFFSHORE VICINITY OF POINT MUGU OR CROSS THE AREA SOUTHWEST OF SAN NICOLAS ISLAND BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invisagoth
reply to post by Phage

Where was this photo taken?

I personally saw this object, but I saw it closer to 8 o' clock when it was dark outside. It was definitely not an airplane. At first it looked like a giant flaming boulder coming right at us, then it simply took its course southward over the ocean. It was big, red with hints of blue coming off of it. Afterwards when I was told it was a rocket, that seemed to fit the bill. But I'm mainly posting again to repeat: definitely not an airplane.

You saw a meteorite. Others reported the same event, I think on this thread too. But it is not the same as what is being discussed here.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
I think the reason Pentagon, NORAD, USAF, Navy, etc. don't have anything to say is simply because they really don't see a reason for that. There was no launch, domestic or foreign. It was an airplane and a cleverly placed report of a local station. None of their concern. And press keeps bugging them for answers, which they don't have. Maybe it's just funny to them...

Yup. Nothing happened. There was no flight. No launch. No photos. CBS just made it all up. NORAD and the Pentagon reports were made up as well. Even your posting here is but a dream. Go back to your sleep and delusions. Enjoy the blue pill.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What really bugs me is when the news quotes some person and says it comes from someone who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk.
If they are not supposed to talk to the press then shut up, otherwise it makes me think they are actually sent to speak to the news in order to propagate what ever idea the Gov. wants people to have.
And if they are truly not supposed to talk then someone needs to find out who they are and punish them, and never trust them again with information.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It was a plane? Yeah right!
LAX is a very busy airport, and there are other airports nearby. There are dozens of planes every few minutes and just one leaves a trail like that? Where are all the other planes and their contrails?
Look at it closely do you see wings? I don't.
The size of the contrail is very large compared to what is flying in front of it. Compare that to a plane and its contrail, the relative sizes are different. A plane leaves a much smaller contrail behind, just look up at the sky and see for yourself.

link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by DangerDeath
I think the reason Pentagon, NORAD, USAF, Navy, etc. don't have anything to say is simply because they really don't see a reason for that. There was no launch, domestic or foreign. It was an airplane and a cleverly placed report of a local station. None of their concern. And press keeps bugging them for answers, which they don't have. Maybe it's just funny to them...

Yup. Nothing happened. There was no flight. No launch. No photos. CBS just made it all up. NORAD and the Pentagon reports were made up as well. Even your posting here is but a dream. Go back to your sleep and delusions. Enjoy the blue pill.

If we could only go sleep together

Look at that video again and say you see a missile with 100% certainty.

link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

No. I said I saw a right turn followed by a slight left turn.

But after checking the upper air data I think that could be an effect of the wind affecting the contrail. At 37,000 feet the wind over San Diego (the closest available sounding location) was 75kts. That would push the contrail around quite a bit.

link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Nice report. Now why would the military claim no knowledge of their own missiles on that specific date, even after this advisory was sent? Someone highly paid had been sleeping on the job perhaps? Or swamp gas be used as a better alternative now?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The fact that no government agency is stating categorically that this WAS a plane simply rules out the possibility that the answer is that simple.
If it was a plane, don't you think the government agencies looking at this would have said right from the start "it's a plane"?
If they didn't know, does this give you any confidence in your government agencies?

Whatever this is, you should be demanding answers from these agencies.

1. If it was a plane, why don't government agencies know it?
2. If it wasn't a plane, why are government agencies not displaying more concern over your national security?
3. If it was an accidental launch of something, how the hell did that happen?

However you look at this story and whatever possibility you accept, your agencies either look like imbeciles, or look suspicious, or perhaps incapable.
It isn't good whatever the eventual excuse/explanation is.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

edit on 10-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

In a similiar vein, named me that jet, the pilot, and what was onboard it that made such a contrail with 100% certainty please, now that you chosed to wake up and accept the fact that something DID happened which you allude was a plane contary to what others are seeing.
edit on 10-11-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If it was a plane and you were a government official, and someone asked you to comment on the missile launch you know nothing about, what would you say?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nothing to see here folks, just move along and go about your daily lives, remember to pay your taxes and don't rock the boat.

Agent Phage and others will explain the details of the 'airplane mistaken as missile' incident to all you civilians. Any further questions should be directed at them, meanwhile we have wars against 'terrorists' to fight, Al-CIAduh to catch, oil fields and poppy fields to guard, countries to occupy, money to print, so we're a little busy at the moment. Thanks for your concern.

Wait is that a missile in the sky, it looks like an airplane...oh sh-------

And that was the start of WWIII.

link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It was FL808 from Honolulu to Phoenix. I'm sure you can get the passenger manifesto if you want.

link   
What frustrates me is that the cameraman is reported to have "stayed on it" for ten minutes. So why not release all ten minutes? He also said it was clearly spiraling up the sky. I contend that the disconnect between the pro-jet and pro-missile camp would be solved by release of the full tape. Further, the military surely HAS the full tape and what they see is keeping them from cavalierly saying it was just a plane, as so many posters here are saying based on the fractional bit of video we have to reflect upon.

I bet were we to see the full video -- all ten minutes -- not many would still be saying it is a jet contrail.
edit on 10-11-2010 by pajoly because: changed "content" to "contend"

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wind makes sense because otherwise it's kind of a zig-zaggy flight path that doesn't make as much sense.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by DangerDeath

In a similiar vein, named me that jet, the pilot, and what was onboard it that made such a contrail with 100% certainty please, now that you chosed to wake up and accept the fact that something DID happened.

I don't know why the contrail is so thick, but I do know that it moves like a passenger plane. What plane it was, I don't know. But does it really matter? I have watched carefully the video. Camera zooms in such a manner - the upper part stays anchored to the plane, and left, right and lower sides of the frame simply shrink upwards, thus creating an effect of the whole scene moving upwards. Look at it again and you will see what I mean. It really creates an effect of a rocket rushing upwards, but it's just an effect.

When we see the whole picture, long contrail does not appear to start from the surface of the sea. Horizon is very far, and the line where sea meets the sky is further below and in very dark shade. From that picture one can not conclude that a missile was launched from the surface of the sea. Contrail doesn't reach that low. This video doesn't prove it was a missile. It creates some kind of effect, but that is all.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Yes, the whole video would be instructive.
But why would the military have tape of a jet contrail? Do you think they tape the whole sky, 24/7?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
What frustrates me is that the cameraman is reported to have "stayed on it" for ten minutes. So why not release all ten minutes? He also said it was clearly spiraling up the sky. I contend that the disconnect between the pro-jet and pro-missile camp would be solved by release of the full tape. Further, the military surely HAS the full tape and what they see is keeping them from cavalierly saying it was just a plane, as so many posters here are saying based on the fractional bit of video we have to reflect upon.

I bet were we to see the full video -- all ten minutes -- not many would still be saying it is a jet contrail.
edit on 10-11-2010 by pajoly because: changed "content" to "contend"

Exactly. And someone here has already explained how this video appears to be edited.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Name that official, check his credentials if it came from an Uni churning mill. The American Public is sick of BS. Enough is enough, more so when they and their loved one lives had been endangered by an unlogged flight or launch!

You call yourself 'SeekerofTruth" yet will only accept what you want to see as truth.

I find it baffling how people that say "we can't trust the mainstream media" are now blindly accepting this BS just because ONE reporter on ONE station that sorely needs a rating boost says "It looks like a missile" then interviews an old guy that SPECULATES its a 'show of force' to China, can now say "Oh yeah that is the truth"

But when those stations later report "Yup it's only an airplane after all" all of a sudden the news media is lying again

ATS used to be the forefront of busting stuff like this. Today I see multiple threads that remind me of the Blossom Goodchild threads

Those who scream they have never seen an airplane contrail look like that need to;
A) look around the MANY google videos that show them and compare them to MANY actual missile launches
B) Turn off their computer and get out more and watch the sun set.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join