It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by unlimited1
1.) The government and Pentagon, and navy has not said anything yet.

Look at the post above yours A Canadian incident and the Government and NORAD said nothing then either

Not saying 'anything?'

C'mon, when will the disinfo and spin doctoring of this incident end?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
thats an odd looking 'contrail' if that is what it is..if the reporter did purposely film it in a way as to be mis-leading, i would think that it would come out in the end.
..but here is my question..... so the navy launched a rocket out in the ocean...so..what's the big deal..UNLESS, unless what..is it an 'unlawfull' test of a weapon? a misfire of a rocket? a surprise launch from an unknow vessel?
a ufo leaving it's underwater base being pursued by an advance rocket launched from our own secret underwater military complex, the launch needing to be done in full view of the public because it was that important

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The real issue here are thickness of contrails and zooming in to create impression of going upwards. This is what implicates missile/rocket.
But the real trajectory and speed go in favor of an airplane.
So, I think it is the "directing" which created the prevailing impression we have a rocket here and not an airplane.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Fox News just reported that the Pentagon is now saying they're satisfied that it was most likely an airplane.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddd849958139.jpg[/atsimg]

US808 actual flight path makes a slight right turn
approaching the coast.

the missile in the video makes a slight LEFT turn.

There is also over 120KM distance between
the actual flight path as listed with the FAA
and the actual sighting location.

Not US808

Your "sighting location" is incorrect.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the same type of missile that took off from Phoenix last weekend. Haha, our Government has lost their minds, do they really think that we are just stupid little pee-ons that don't pay attention to whats really happening in this world. This is only the beginning of a very long and bumpy road to ??? Who knows.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Training exercise or an aircraft.

The pentagon is sticking with these assertions.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dneudecker
Fox News just reported that the Pentagon is now saying they're satisfied that it was most likely an airplane.

Name that official, check his credentials if it came from an Uni churning mill. The American Public is sick of BS. Enough is enough, more so when they and their loved one lives had been endangered by an unlogged flight or launch!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezzedeen
reply to post by zorgon

Well there is some flame or glow in the video in question. You show me another contrail that has that.

Here is one of my personal photo as an example of other kind "strangeness". A sun glint on it's body, but no body seen at all (invisible aircraft?
) . Yet, i know what i photographed, it was an ordinary plain:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd40af722497.jpg[/atsimg]

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Boondock, when I watched the CBS News video, they put up a graphic, showing a map of the area, and isolated the contrail at about 35 miles north and west of Catalina...NOT 120 km farther north, up near Pt. MUgu and Ventura!

Would you check on that?

even if it was the wrong location,
you can't fake the flight path.

the flight path shows a right turn
the video shows a left turn

it's a separate event

it's NOT US808

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

cbs is quoting the editor of Jane's Rockets and Missiles as stating clearly

it was a missile - see my prior post.

Anyone notice how high in altitude this is ?!- despite the theory of perspective giving a head on jet a similar

appearance - the object doesn't get larger nor did i think it had blinking red-green lights like another

poster said (looked like glinting from the sun's reflections to me).

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah, more than likely a test....

If it was Sunday, I'd just assume it was the Bronco's blowing up....lmao

Anyways, gonna head out to the airport before sundown, and watch some missile contrails, after all, without the real thing, these planes are all we've got.....lmao

Maybe snap some photos and send em down to NORAD, so they don't get so confused next time....lmao

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan
reply to post by windwaker

This is the bit that tickles me...

"At this point, until we know more information about what it may have been, there is not alarm," Lapan said. "But that could change depending on what we find out."

Now... An 80-year-old grandmother can fart in a security checkpoint and shut down an entire airport. A first-grade kid can bring a butterknife to school by accident and lockdown the whole campus.

But a mysterious "big missile" launched without warning off the California coast is no reason to raise the alarm, right?

You tell ME what's wrong with this country.

— Zesko Whirligan

Actually this is a very serious point. We should be raising hell when they're talking about a global bag sniffing system for all cargo compartments... but an unidentified rocket flyer over California? And they're not worried?

By the way, when I saw it - the sun had already set. IT was dark outside. In fact, the police were shining flashlights into the backyard because we were playing music so loud. Let me see if I can get a copy of the noise violation and get an exact time on when I observed this large, flaming object in the sky. It was glowing red and took a good two minutes to fly over the horizon. We all thought it was a meteor falling to earth, not the other way around. My friend did say that he saw it "stage" as it went very far out of view. Rockets do fly somewhat horizontal before they enter space. I bet it was launched from VAFB. I've seen a lot of rockets launched from Vandenberg and it wouldn't suprise me if that was one of them. It's a secret, that's all.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Invisagoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I see a right turn (if it is a turn at all), toward the camera.

edit on 11/10/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Did some Scooby Doo style sleuthing:

Hi [Blamethegreys].
My cam points approximately north and is time lapse recorded: www.wunderground.com... I don't believe the con trail is in frame nor would the saved image quality show anything. The Fox LA camera also points in the same direction and is higher quality but it moves around, generally points down and not up and I doubt is recorded: media.myfoxla.com... mike - catalina computers

On 11/10/2010 3:28 AM, [blamethegreys] wrote: Hi! Thanks for the moment of your time. There is alot of discussion on many different boards regarding the possible missile launch north of Catalina Island on the evening of the 8th.

I belong to Above Top Secret (www.abovetopsecret.com...), a conspiracy/tech/ufo/paranormal forum board. The thread on the catalina missile is over 90 pages in one day. We have former pilots, military folks, engineers...you name it, analyzing the standard mainstream media (MSM) footage trying to figure out if it was a missile or a plane contrail set at just the right angle. I got to thinking, what if there were webcam stills stored from Catalina?
So that's why I am contacting you. Is there any archive images from your cam from that evening? Is there any evidence of the contrail on them? I see there are other cams on the island as well. With any luck you have acess to the folks who run those, maybe you could check there as well?
I really have no dog in this fight, other than furthering the truth. If you have any images, do what you want with em, release to the MSM, contact gov't folks...I am only interested in getting any potential evidence opened for further review. It would be naive to think you haven't been asked this already a thousand times, probably by authorities. But who knows, stranger things have happened! Thanks again for that moment! [blamethegreys]

So the cam history link is there, have at it!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think the reason Pentagon, NORAD, USAF, Navy, etc. don't have anything to say is simply because they really don't see a reason for that. There was no launch, domestic or foreign. It was an airplane and a cleverly placed report of a local station. None of their concern. And press keeps bugging them for answers, which they don't have. Maybe it's just funny to them...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I thought yesterday you said you see a left turn then a right turn and I agreed with that, that's what it looks like to me too.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Where was this photo taken?

I personally saw this object, but I saw it closer to 8 o' clock when it was dark outside. It was definitely not an airplane. At first it looked like a giant flaming boulder coming right at us, then it simply took its course southward over the ocean. It was big, red with hints of blue coming off of it. Afterwards when I was told it was a rocket, that seemed to fit the bill. But I'm mainly posting again to repeat: definitely not an airplane.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

the flight path shows a right turn
the video shows a left turn

Sorry, went back to watch the CBS clips again. I see no "left" turn involving the source of the contrail.

I see the already formed contrail, as it lingered, having been affected by some upper winds and the shear indications from that.

It comports well with USAir 808, the segment of its flight either just before its (very slight turn to the right) or shortly after that turn, during the straight segments.

Do you have another video example, showing a definite left turn?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am still waiting for the Swamp Gas explanation to be put forwarded. It's been almost 50 years since they used it the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join