It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
in the context in which he said it, yes it was twisted.

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it. I totally disagree.

If he meant that if you're stupid you get sent to war, he would have to include himself - he was in Vietnam.... Maybe that's what he meant??

God only knows what he meant. He's a politician. You can't believe anything he says. Kerry tried to get out of being drafted. When his requests were turned down he 'volunteered' for the Navy which was shorter and easier duty at the time, rather than get drafted into the Army grunts.

Honestly stllz .. I fully believe that Kerry said EXACTLY what he meant and what he feels ... I'm basing that on Kerry's past actions and words against the US military as well as his obvious blue blood snobbery.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Think he'll get ANY nomination after this?

I never thought he would. Kerry thinks he will though. He has been going around saying that he's the party front runner. HILLARY is really .. but Kerry is living in a fantasy world where he is.

Live in the past all you like FF, you're feeding the machine,

I have no idea what you mean.
Sorry. You'll have to spell it out for me or U2U ...

IF you are saying that my bringing up Kerry anti-US-military history is living in the past, I disagree. It speaks to his motive and his history. Winter Soldier was something that he should have gone to jail for. And by the looks of it, since he got away with it in the past, he thinks he can still slam the troops with lies now.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Really,

The laughable thing here is that this is the only laughable thing.

We deal with a constant village idiot for years, then another one comes along and BOOM! All hell breaks loose.

Cant you see the irony? I happen to believe that there is no longer a two party system from which to choose anyway and its all for show and Kerry is another puppet and we are no longer the nation we used to be, all that aside, though, can you see how easy we (we) all are to manipulate??

Its outrageous and so easy its mindbogling. What the hell is the matter with the human race?

Did i say hell? I meant to say heck.

Seriously, and i know i sound like a broken record, going to all 20 threads having to do with this, but i cant stand the way we allow "them" to manipulate us!!!!

Come on, doesnt anyone else see this???

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Live in the past all you like FF, you're feeding the machine,

I have no idea what you mean.
Sorry. You'll have to spell it out for me or U2U

Two Headed Coin

I'm saying both Republican's and Democrat's are being played by those that don't give a damn about those that vote for or against them. Their agenda is entrenched and by keeping you all bitching with each other, they are laughing at you all. Don't they look happy?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
my position on bush vs. kerry:

from dgtempe's thread "do you regret voting for bush":

Originally posted by tha stillz
If I had voted for Bush I would have regreted it. I voted for Kerry, just because I would rather headbutt the sidewalk than vote for Bush.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Lord have mercy, our nation is going down the hill with the political idiots we have and all we do is laughter about it.

No wonder is why they are getting away from everything and people just sit and laughter at their stupidity.

And any of you think that one candidate is better than the other one, and that our nation is going to become any better.

Incredible.

keep feeding the trolls.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If John Kerry wants to call US service members idiots he can first start by looking at himself in the mirror, that's what a real idiot looks like. He's a disgrace to the military.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The bozo has finally come out and said he is sorry if he offended anyone with his dumb joke. Too little, too late, if you ask me. He should have just kept his dumb mouth shut, and left the comedy to comedians. The man isn't funny, although he is a joke.

Fearful of damaging his own party in next week's elections, Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday to "any service member, family member or American" offended by remarks deemed by Republicans and Democrats to be insulting to U.S. forces in Iraq.

AP story, no link yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Lord have mercy, our nation is going down the hill with the political idiots we have and all we do is laughter about it.

No wonder is why they are getting away from everything and people just sit and laughter at their stupidity.

And any of you think that one candidate is better than the other one, and that our nation is going to become any better.

Incredible.

keep feeding the trolls.
The ironic thing is that Kerry is not the one who has messed up the world or turned every nation against us. But they do have a game to play. Good cop, bad cop.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The ironic thing is that Kerry is not the one who has messed up the world or turned every nation against us. But they do have a game to play. Good cop, bad cop.

Exactly but the frenzy is feeding the trolls. get it.

105 soldiers in the month of october and nobody seems to care, but alas Kerry stuck his foot in his mouth and that is news guess what.

Nobody cares about the soldiers death anyway. How patriotic.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by marg6043]

apc

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just as it was news when a gay man was having sex with other gay adult young men?

Of course this is going to get spun like mad.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Turnabout is fair play.

Kerry said it was a joke. But I've never heard a joke messed up this bad.
Except when my mother tries to tell one.

Whats happening is a feeding frenzy, yes indeed.

It's a lot like the whole "Bush Lied" mantra..
I hear it over and over again.

But when an explanation is given, like the intelligence was bad, or many other politicians, and leaders of other countries were in agreement, It still comes down to "Bush lied".

Take the medicine. take a few spoonfuls. It will be over soon.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Take the medicine. take a few spoonfuls. It will be over soon.

Yes and meanwhile our 105 soldiers will never be seen in the news and they will be buried with not more acknowledgment that a small obituary in their local news papers.

While we laugh and joke about a stupidity that will be forgotten with the next scandal rocks the white house.

The 105 soldiers will never be able to find out why they had to go to Iraq to begin with.

Pity.

Keep feeding the frenzy but remember that is 105 families that will be mourning the mistakes of this administration while the administration do anything they can to keep their death in oblivion.

I am ashamed.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Kerry is right. Most of us did not have college educations. The volunteer force is made up mostly of lower middle class, and poor Americans that joined up out of financial necessity. I retired this year after 20 years. I can tell you most of them (US GI's) (99%) are not dum or uneducated.

I hear the Army is lowering its standards though to keep up with recruitment needs and that is probably not good.

All of them (US military) are patriots, though many joined out of financial need and not patriotism or a will to go fight and die in Iraq (Bush is deluded if he thinks that is true). That does not mean they are not patriotic.

Many of us agreed that Saddam needed to be removed, but less of us think we owe Iraqi's who in large part don't want it, our lives for their freedom. Many think our lives were/are hijacked because of a misguided policy of "stay the course". What course would that be sir? Take the mountain and give up the mountain...sound like Vietnam to me. That is the course we are currently on by the way.

We were not trained to police a country and install a government. We where trained to kill the enemy military and in that we exceeded beyond all measure.

All of us have integrity, duty and honor so we will hold on to that, and follow the orders of our elected President even when we do not agree with his orders. In that you can be sure.

Many of us feel we accomplished our mission and we are now dieing unnecessarily. We are not defending American freedoms there, and that is not what we intended when we spoke our oath, though we will stick by it regardless.

If you have ever seen the movie Red Dawn. That is how you should view the Iraqi insurgents. No not the terrorists, but the ones that are Iraqi and fighting us to get us out. They feel exactly like those children did in Red Dawn. I think more not less Iraqi will join the insurgents over time unless they release the Army, and really put fear into them.

Face it, if Faluja had been carpet bombed the Iraqi's will, would have been broken, and it would be over. That is horrible but that is the kind of thing it takes to break the mass will of your enemy. We do not have the stomach to do that anymore so we should stick to destroying threats and leaving when we accomplish our mission.

We cannot win otherwise in my opinion. I do not want to carpet bomb. I would rather leave and let the Iraqi's settle there disputes the same way we did in American (Civil war). If that is what they chose of course...

If Iran becomes a threat we have more than enough missiles and bombs to destroy any threat they may pose (nuke plants come to mind). We wont need to invade countries anymore to protect our nation. We cannot afford the lives or money to protect every human on earth or police every land that is under the control of evil dictators.

I think repressed peoples will rise up when the time is right and will bring freedom. They have to do it though, to buy in. Right now, the average Iraqi has not bought in to America bringing them freedom.

Our money and resources should be going to border security and research and development of alternatives to oil.

I believe what we are doing is breading new hatred of us. I mean all those dead Iraqi's probably had children. How will they view America? I do not think they are going to think their dead daddy's were fighting for a bad man (Saddam), and love America for killing their evil daddy. Do you?

More die every day and they wont blame themselves no more than you would blame yourself. Bush needs a really good human phycoligist on his staff and not that out of touch Rumsfeld to take advice from.

Kerry should embrace his words and clarify his meaning. It was really bad choice of words but it is true at its core. He should apologize and extrapolate on it.

I am glad he did this because he will not have a shot at president now =).

The American military really does not have a mission there now other than "duck". The eye is on Iraq right? Is that good even though Americans are dieing anyway?

I wanted to add something. All though the (conservative) press will tell you different we (GI's) have thick skin and do not mind or care if Americans rally against the war. In fact we all embrace and are defending your right to do that. We also do not lose morale even if most of the US is against the war.

We would lose morale if you expect us not to follow the orders given to us by the people you elect or if you dislike us for doing so. We all swore our lives to you and our god to do that, so support your troops because you need them to follow orders, but do not elect people who do things with your troops that you do not like.
If you dislike the Iraq war do not elect those who support it and vice versus.

You all need your military to follow orders or chaos would ensue. Never ask for or expect anything else from them

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We're gonna dwell on a bad joke by a politician? The joke is on us, this is all being spun out of proportion to take our attention away from the casualties of the war in Iraq. The GOP is using this to divert the attention away from the fact that their war built on lies is killing thousands of our troops, and trying to make it look like the Dems think our troops are idiots, and that they don't support our military. When in reality the majority of AMERICANS don't support the Iraq war.

If the republicans keep control of the house and congress, Nov. 8th things will start to get ugly. A bad joke cannot possibly be enough to sway this election in the Republicans favor. It could only be used as a cover up to a rigged election...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Marg, don't be ashamed.

The medicine, as I referred to it, might teach both sides a lesson, finally.
it really shows how quickly the bandwagon starts down the hill until it becomes uncontrollable.

Somebody will learn something from this.
Someone just might learn what "context" means.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I agree with him, you'd have to be really dumb to go to war to make a bunch of rich guys even richer.

The sad thing is they believe they are doing it for their country (that's all part of the military brainwashing) and that's pretty stupid to me. Its also reflected in the robo-patriots that spring into auto defence mode whenever this situation comes up.

I'm surprised he had the balls to speak up on this because the idiots will probably call him a traitor.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
BluByWho

I agree is a big joke, all is a joke a joke played by the ones that hold power in this nation and knows that they can do it.

With our lives, with the lives of our soldiers, the live of our nation and everything that this country has stood for since its humble beginnings.

Is a joke to think that politician care more about their images and their agendas that they do about the people of this nation.

This is an eye opening to this people in power we are nothing more than a joke, our soldiers are nothing than joke good enough to be use for the campaign trail at it seems fit.

space doubt

I am ashamed because my nation is dying everything that our ancestor died and stood for is dying and has been killed with us well aware of it.

Yes not accountability in our political system and is uncontrollable, head line news are made for everything and manipulated for agendas.

We all fall for it

Kerry is not better than Bush and Bush is not better than Kerry and so every one of the so call candidates that we have in this nation all tailored for specific roles and for specific jobs.

To deceive all the faithful party loyalist that base their affiliation on dreams.

Well is time to wake up.

We have nothing to stand for anymore. Nothing.

They all play jokes on us.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So Kerry screwed a joke up, Bush's jokes are funny, like looking under tables for WMD's

And a picture speaks 2,825 words.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Kerry tried to get out of being drafted. When his requests were turned down he 'volunteered' for the Navy which was shorter and easier duty at the time, rather than get drafted into the Army grunts.

That was a smart thing, my dad joined the Navy to avoid Korea, and he did. I am glad, because he was there to raise me.

At least my dad is forthright with that though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join