It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I really love the guy now.
thanks for falling on your sword again, Mr. Hari Kerry.

Keep on Stumpin' baby..

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, I believe that Kerry meant to disrespect the troops. Kerry was being his elitist self, showing what the leaders of the Democratic party think of the military.

I do love the photos that the troop have sent making fun of Kerry.

I am a Democrat people and I wouldn't pee on Kerry if he caught fire in front of me. He has made it clear that he and the Democrat party could care less for what our sons and daughters have volunteered to do for this country. My son being one of them.

Roper

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Kerry shot himself in the foot again!

Maybe he should give himself another purple heart.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think I need to post any bush quotes here to make my point which is:

Bush says the most retarded sh.t you could possibly say, and means it, every single effing day, since he became president, and we are going to dissect this comment?!?

WTF is wrong with you people? Bush gets away with being a complete douche bag constantly and we are going to twist Kerrys words, which holds truth into some right wing spin? For what?

This is pure spin, straight and direct from the Rush Limbaugh school of how to be sub-human.

New Rule:

Next time you want to spin a Kerry comment, you also have to supply a stupid Bush moment to go along with it, I'm sure we won't run out of those.

Wheres your Bush quotes Semper?? I got a few!

peace

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the Hypocrisy of it all!!!!

As I read through the posts in reply to this thread, I see the exact same members that have jumped on President Bush, calling him a Monkey, an Idiot etc, defending Kerry for making a mistake....

EXACTLY as predicted....

You that have spent so much precious server space ridiculing and blackguarding a man that has trouble speaking in public, now jump to the defense of another man making an idiotic comment!!!! WOW.. How much more proof of hypocrisy does anyone need!?!

So going back and reading your negative comments about the President, it is readily apparent that it is not about the issues, not about the comment, not even about the ability to speak in public, rather it truly is about the HATE for one single man...

Consistency is key to a calm understanding of complicated issues that arise in the political arena. Sadly that is what is missing with the Bush Haters... They defend fervently their "Right" to criticize a political figure, stating they have the right to ridicule "ALL" those in politics, but they don't do it to "ALL" , as is evidenced in this thread.

Bush gets the ridicule, Kerry gets a pass and WOW, even some freely expressed excuse for what is "OBVIOUSLY" and "CLEARLY" exactly what it is.... It would be something else to consider, "IF" the man did not have a history of negativity towards the Military. Yet, he does. (Well except when he is up for reelection and "Playing" to the mainstream voters.. Then he is PROUD??? to have served with those terrorist that commit war crimes...)

So people hop on all you want and excuse the man for whatever you deem necessary for you to sleep at night. Anyone that can read, can go back into all of your old posts and see the ridicule you so easily targeted on one man, and the escape clause you created for another.

Semper

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday:

What the hell is a SENATOR for Mass. doing campaigning in California? Campaigning for what? I'm not American, can someone explain this to me?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
temper temper, semper...

I say that we continue to defend him, give him the courage, and the strength to Kerry on. He really needs to continue his work, at least until next week..

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What the hell is a SENATOR for Mass. doing campaigning in California? Campaigning for what? I'm not American, can someone explain this to me?

Because he still has a fantasy of becoming President of the United States someday...I doubt it was anything close to likely before and now it must be impossible.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

He is also one of the leaders of the Democratic Party....

In that position, he will go to many areas to lend his support for the candidate there...

Well except now, for unlike many of the Kerry Lovers, Bush Haters on here, a VAST amount of Democrats that have him scheduled to appear at their functions.. have....

YES, that is correct, CANCELED Mr. Kerry's appearance..

Seems they know more than many on here..

Semper

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They call it "stumping"..Where a well known candidate of a party, will visit locations where other members of the same party are running for office. Pretty much give speeches on the candidates behalf..

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the Hypocrisy of it all!!!!

As I read through the posts in reply to this thread, I see the exact same members that have jumped on President Bush, calling him a Monkey, an Idiot etc, defending Kerry for making a mistake....
EXACTLY as predicted....
Semper

You want to know what makes me laugh? This is the ONLY ammo the republican party has right now - oh that and "if democrats win, the terrorists win". Using your same hypocritical logic semper, we have had 6 friggin years of idiotic statements from Bush and the excuses you make for him each time to tell us what he really meant. Kerry makes one blunder, and the right wing is all over it. The whole point is that the republicans are going to lose this election and this is all you have. Nothing. Pathetic really.

His wording was off - you get no arguement from me there. Hell, when I read the quote in the paper, I thought he was talking about the troops too.. BUT when you actually take the statement in the context of the OTHER THINGS HE SAID - right before and right after this infamous quote - he was speaking of Bush the whole time. Leave it to the right wing propaganda machine to take one mispoken sentence and crucify the man who spoke it. It makes me sad to see all of this debate over a stupid comment when there are American soldiers still dying in Iraq - and that aint Kerry's fault at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Bush gets the ridicule, Kerry gets a pass

Similarly when we hold Bush accountable for his comments, folks are quick to throw out a Clinton quote, a guy who is not even in any position of power at this point in time, in the interest of saying "Well, our guy is not as bad as your guy"

You do it too.

It's human nature, but Bush is our President, Kerry is just a side show. Hell, he doesn't even show up to vote, REMEMBER?? So what harm could he or his ideologies possibly cause?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
Bush gets away with being a complete douche bag constantly

No he doesn't. When he says stupid things the people here, and everywhere, jump all over it. In fact, even when he DOESN'T say anything stupid he gets jumped all over.

and we are going to twist Kerrys words, which holds truth .... ?

- Kerry's words weren't twisted by anyone. They are an exact quote. He said that if you are stupid then you get stuck going in the military and going to Iraq.

- So that's the truth according to you??

There was no truth in Kerry's slam against the military. Military people are not stupid. There is a basic intelligence test that they (me included) had to take to get into the service. And many go on to college once they are in the military. Many have done better in college than Kerry did.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is a set up, plain and simple. Nice timing too, I might add. Election only 6 days away?

While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Followed quickly by:

George W. Bush on Tuesday seized on Mr Kerry’s remarks: “The senator’s suggestion that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and shameful,” said the US president at an election rally in Georgia. “The men and women who serve in our all-volunteer Armed Forces are plenty smart – Senator Kerry owes them an apology.”

Why would they do this? The first paragraph in the article tells us why:

The Republican Party on Tuesday gained a late burst of energy in its flagging midterm election campaign following remarks by John Kerry, the 2004 Democratic presidential candidate, in which he said college students could “get stuck in Iraq” if they do not study hard.

Divide and conquer tactics, all over again. I've been saying this for a long time:

Two Headed Coin

While everyone is argueing over a stupid thing said, yup, it was stupid, we're TOTALLY ignoring the issues AGAIN!

THEY are winning folks. If this wasn't ATS I'd be laughing at you Republicrats. You can't even see that you are being played like an elementary school recorder. Keep argueing gang, you are accomplishing THEIR goal.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted by stillz
So what harm could he or his ideologies possibly cause?

They harm this nation because our enemies see that we are divided, and that encourages them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

- Kerry's words weren't twisted by anyone. They are an exact quote. He said that if you are stupid then you get stuck going in the military and going to Iraq.

Actually, in the context in which he said it, yes it was twisted.

There was no truth in Kerry's slam against the military. Military people are not stupid. There is a basic intelligence test that they (me included) had to take to get into the service. And many go on to college once they are in the military. Many have done better in college than Kerry did.

I agree, there are some god damn geniouses fighting in Iraq. If he meant that if you're stupid you get sent to war, he would have to include himself - he was in Vietnam.... Maybe that's what he meant??

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

While everyone is argueing over a stupid thing said, ... we're TOTALLY ignoring the issues ..

The fact is that SEN. (want's to be president) Kerry said that the troops are stupid and that they didn't do well in school.

This IS an issue. He wants to be president. He is in the senate. It absolutely IS important to know what he thinks of the troops.

Now we all know. It's just like Winter Soldier. He's the same now as he was 30 years ago.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

posted by stillz
So what harm could he or his ideologies possibly cause?

They harm this nation because our enemies see that we are divided, and that encourages them.

Are you kidding? We are divided because of a lost cause of a policy, and a lost cause of an administration. Anyone else feel divided because of John Kerry? His effect on me is pretty benign.

Besides, I think our enemies are more concerned about us invading their countries.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by tha stillz]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

While everyone is argueing over a stupid thing said, ... we're TOTALLY ignoring the issues ..

The fact is that SEN. (want's to be president) Kerry said that the troops are stupid and that they didn't do well in school.

This IS an issue. He wants to be president. He is in the senate. It absolutely IS important to know what he thinks of the troops.

Now we all know. It's just like Winter Soldier. He's the same now as he was 30 years ago.

He can WANT all he likes. Semper has already shown that his OWN party is cancelling his speaking engagements. Think he'll get ANY nomination after this? Live in the past all you like FF, you're feeding the machine, that includes Kerry btw.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

the stillz
His effect on me is pretty benign.

Well that's the thing, not everything is about U. I said, Our Enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join