It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

George W. Bush on Tuesday seized on Mr Kerry’s remarks: “The senator’s suggestion that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and shameful,” said the US president at an election rally in Georgia. “The men and women who serve in our all-volunteer Armed Forces are plenty smart – Senator Kerry owes them an apology.”

Does anyone else imagine Bush saying this and snickering under his breathe? I seriously don't know why people hate him, he's such a funny guy!

"Mr. Kerry, I think you should return to that ketchup farm of yours. heheheheh"

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
So Kerry screwed a joke up, Bush's jokes are funny, like looking under tables for WMD's

And a picture speaks 2,825 words.

That pretty much sums it up.

Good work Keith Olberman.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
to the TITLE of this thread!!

"Kerry says..". He never said anything like the author suggests.

Clearly a violation of T&C and the special rules of UNBIASED Intro for ATSNN.com.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
John Kerry stands for one thing and one thing only, and he plays to one group of constituents only, and those are THOSE WHO HATE BUSH.

Which appears to be about 70% of the country, or the majority.

Also, I typed in caps because once again you people are still screaming about Kerry insulting the troops even though it is a known fact he was calling Bush an Idiot. The only way he could apologize to the troops he insulted is if Bush ever served, which he didn't. Kerry told the people minutes after the speech, released his original text that he botched, and for the past couple days has been going on about how he botched the joke yet no one who watches Fox News for news have heard or read this. All they hear is "Saddam has WMDs, Kerry attacked troops, and Mark Foley and Dennis Hastert are democrats."

Originally posted by khunmoon
to the TITLE of this thread!!

"Kerry says..". He never said anything like the author suggests.

Clearly a violation of T&C and the special rules of UNBIASED Intro for ATSNN.com.

Good point, he never said that even when he botched the joke.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by HoorahUSMC]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
The only way he could apologize to the troops he insulted is if Bush ever served, which he didn't.

Perhaps you have forgotten that GW served in the Air National Guard as a fighter pilot. There may not be much glory in such service, but it is an important service and many Americans of my generation served in the Reserves and the National Guard to fulfill their military obligation.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Who could forget Bush was a fighter pilot in the NG? I mean, with the missing records regarding his service and all.

Oh yeah, didn't he land on a carrier and do a big MISSION ACCOMPLISHED speech a couple years ago?

Now, THAT was a joke. Too bad nobody is laughing about it now. Maybe that's because our troops just keep dying for a more and more questionable purpose.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The jingoists are blowing their horns with this but the dog just won't hunt.

The people, even those in the center of the country, are onto the lying and deception that's led to hundreds of thousands of deaths - mostly innocent civilian families of women and children. 'Ooorah' my ass. The continued massacre of the innocents in a war without so much as a scintilla of a true reason for being there is shameful, horrific and criminal.

Truly, we are the terrorists. You say 'no'? Ask yourself how many Iraqi soldiers or citizens have killed people in the US recently. Sure, they're bombing foreign soldiers in their land. So would you, were the roles reversed. All in the name of 9/11. What a crock. Laughable it is not. Terribly tragic it is, and there are those who brought our troops there who would do well to find their own holes to hide in with the sea change in leadership we will see shortly.

Did you know that the repub congress issued 1000 subpoenas to the Clinton Whitehouse over Whitewater, Monica's mouth, etc., while they have issued NONE to this Bush Whitehouse despite the veritable mountain of misdeeds, scandal and corruption? Yes, this is the fair and balanced compassionate conservative party that will right our ship of state. Wrong. It's all about the money for these folks - pocketing as much of it as they can and lining their friends' pockets along the way.

What is shameful is that the repubs who post here never called Bush and Cheney on saying the dems want the terrorists to win. That's desperation talking - and it's pathetic. The people are ready for a change. If the vote's not stolen again we will see much change in the coming year.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Where is he comming from.

At least Bush was in the air.

Could anything be more embarrassing than Bush?

Yeah Kerry.

Why don't he just throw away the Democratic chances at winning
any election.

Nothing will change unless the science conspiracy is taken seriously.

Will any of the elements ever be shown, even to be a logical path to
the present state of world affairs.

Kerry is now in retreat unlikely to be seen or speak much.
Where did he come from this time, he just poped up in the news.

It might be too late, if the non oil technology was used in the 70s,
the original Osama Desert Storm event would never have taken
place and money to oil rich countries would have gone by the 90s
and no WTC events and no war IRAQ.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I heard they are demanding Kerrys IMMEDIATE resignation.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What a load of Sh!t.

Thats not what he said, he was explaning the current economic situation that 'you dont wanna see' in your lil home towns.

how many here were the 'non' schooling type.
Pre 90's, was a completely different enviroment within schools, and school graduates...

Now there's that flash option, you can go over sea's, use 'wicked' toys and get paid for it... as long as ur willing to do anything they say.......

so what are the choices for the unacademic, male youths 17+ whom enjoy Xbox games, drinking n smoking, living of welfare.. getting some 9-5 that pays for barely essentials to live, let alone enjoy.

In no way was Kerry brandashing the youths DUMB,

he was showing the pool of candidates the current admin focus on...

I dont support Kerry, but how bad can a speach be taken out of context .... simply for election means?

And so obvious ? yet.. people are swallowing it up.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Fearful of damaging his own party in next week's elections, Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday ....

His so called apology was LAME. He said 'I'm sorry my words were misinterpreted ...'
He STILL isn't admitting that he was wrong. He's pointing his finger at Americans and telling all of us that we are wrong and that he was right.

It wasn't a real apology. He's not taking responsibility. He's blaming America.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
HE shouldnt have to say sorry
The Media are making a mockery of the word spin here..
and your believing it?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Why would a man come out and say the youth of his countries army are 'dumb'?
Why would a man who ran for PRESIDENT and LOST come out and say that?

The young youth are the ones funding this war in terms of footsoilders..

Cant you picture them sitting in there 'crib' saying

'' c'mon dog, its only 12 months... shooting some ragheads driving them tanks... think of the chedda? "

Wars not meant to be appealing.. .for money!

But the times have made it that way.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
you people are still screaming about Kerry insulting the troops even though it is a known fact he was calling Bush an Idiot.

WRONG. It is NOT a known fact that he was calling Bush an idiot. Not even close. Kerry claims that in his backpeddle .. but when his backpeddle is examined it is found to be an impossible statement.

Kerry's backpeddle claim that he was calling Bush an idiot has been debunked on this and other ATS threads. Kerry's own grades were lower than Bushs so for him to claim that we are in Iraq because Bush got low grades is LAME.

yet no one who watches Fox News for news ...

You have a real obsession with Fox .. have you noticed that??

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Semper you know good and well he did not say our military service personal were stupid.

The simple truth of it is that generally speaking while there are certianly bright and well educated people in all branches of the military they either gravitate or are steered towards the officer classes.

As for the rank and file....while there are certianly bright and well educated people in all branches of the military...for the most part recruiters focus on and target kids who don't exactly have great prospects...the lower classes and the poor. And, since the army has lowered its standards (I have visions of an old Thomas Nast cartoon called "At last, the perfect recruit!" in my head LOL) it is even more so. You see those recruiters prowling video arcades, malls, unemployment offices, even court houses to find potential recruits.

Besides that simple fact...its not what keeps you down that matter, its how (or whether) you transcend your limitations that is the true mark of your character.

Generally speaking then Kerry spoke a truth...wars are generally fought by the poor and less educated...but his timing and way of saying it lacked tact and grace.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Why would a man come out and say the youth of his countries army are 'dumb'?

Because he's an idiot. Because he's a snob who believes it.

Why would a man who ran for PRESIDENT and LOST come out and say that?

Because he's an idiot. Because hes a snob who believes it.

HE shouldnt have to say sorry.

Yes he should. He directly insulted the troops and their families. He insulted the country. He MEANT to do it. His backpeddle excuse doesnt' hold water and his 'apology' even shows that he wasn't sorry for the insult.

But you are right .. he shouldn't HAVE to say he's sorry. He should want to. But he obviously doesn't want to say he's sorry because he thinks he's rigtht - he really thinks the troops are idiots.

Saying 'I'm sorry my words were misinterpreted ...', when they clearly were not, is NOT an apology. It's pointing the finger at everyone else but himself. It's LAME LAME LAME.

The Media are making a mockery of the word spin here and your believing it?

You can't blame the media for this. This is ALL John Kerry's fault. He said exactly what he thought (again). Unlike WINTER SOLDIER, the press this time are holding his feet to the fire and making him prove his words. He got away with it in WINTER SOLDIER .. but this time everyone (Including the leaders of his own party) see him for the blue blood snob and idiot that he is. They (Hillary, Dean, Harold Ford, etc. etc.) all know he insulted the troops. Kerry is too stupid to see that he did .. or he doesn't care .. or BOTH. (My guess is BOTH).

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Flyersfan,

You know i love ya, but the only permanent full-time idiot is Bush. The rest, well, the rest we can cope with or not cope with, but they fade away.

Bush doesnt fade away. He's the permanent Village Idiot we have to deal with until further notice.

Leave the rantings and the Kerry-whacking to those who are paid to do it- Rush and Hannity and Fox.

"0" tolerance for a stupid Democrat.

All the tolerance in the world for a Republican MORON.

How do you justify that or balance it???

[edit on 2-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I listened to it....
I heard it....

It is very very simple and clear what he said....

Kerry can spin it, you can spin it, but really there is only one translation for the english he was speaking..

While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Now, I am NOT the most intelligent person on here, but I do happen to have an advanced degree and I can usually "Fathom" out some of the more simplistic things that people say. What is unclear about this?

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

How can that possibly be construed any other way? OH Yeah..... By those that refuse to see the truth... Yeah that's it....

Semper

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm with you, semper. That's what he said...period. If he meant something else, he darned sure didn't say it.

And by the way...I'm loving this message back to him.

lmao

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Are the mods having a day off?

How can a thread have such a misleading title? Uncorrect, yes mendacious to the event in question.

And how can debate go on this level, without mods intervening? On ATSNN, the face of ATS to the outside world.

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting outside the Politics forums at politics.abovetopsecret.com....

Would have liked to joined, but not on this level.

FOX NEWS
sorry, couldn't help it, might be only chance I get)

[edit to answer semper]
"you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq”, that's what Kerry said, right? not anywhere anyone "stupid". That's your interpretation.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join