It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
hmmm

Funny how people see things. I don't see anything wrong with the title.

Need some water for those?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
FOX NEWS ...

Oh gawd ....

This isn't a FOX NEWS thing .. it's a JOHN KERRY thing. EVERY news station is caryring it. They are all carrying the same thing .. his EXACT words and his LAME attempt at an apology (in which he didn't show remorse). His own party is also saying that he was wrong. So how is this a FOX NEWS issue? It's not.

DG ... deflect all ya' want .. this isn't a Bush issue. It's a Kerry issue. And the more the freak speaks, the deeper he digs himself. His original statement was awful; the backpeddle about Bush's grades was easily debunked; and his 'apology' was LAME.

GROVER - www.dod.mil...

Stats on US Military personnel. Including education levels. Upon entry 100% of enlisted have a high school diploma or GED. The US civilian population for the same age has an 89% high school diploma or GED holding. The US troops are actually better educated upon entry into the Armed Forces than the general US population. (and many go on to get their college education after enlisting in the military - like I did)

www.dod.mil...

Officers have a much higher college degree rate than civilians of the same age population.

www.dod.mil...

[edit on 11/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I don't see anything wrong with the title.

The title is an exact reflection of what Kerry said. There is nothing wrong with it. It is actually very accurate.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long I'm the dictator" - G.W Bush.

your right, there merely words.

God forbid kerry mis-spoke...

A man coming out and saying his military is dumb.. its unrealistic.

He has nothing to gain for himself from doing it, nor would the opposition lose any credability.

Your really looking it from the wrong perspective...

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Oh look! Seems Kerry has been consistent in his views of the volunteer troops.

apnews.myway.com...

During a Vietnam-era run for Congress three decades ago, John Kerry said he opposed a volunteer Army because it would be dominated by the underprivileged, be less accountable and be more prone to "the perpetuation of war crimes."

And by the way, his own party members aren't trying to unspin this. One democrat even stated - he's already lost one election for us, he needs to just shut up.

lol - serious guys, he does. He needs to just shut up. Right now, his party doesn't need him - in more than one way. It would take a video of a democratic satanic baby-slaying ritual right now to lose the upcoming elections for them, so he really just needs to shut up.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long I'm the dictator" - G.W Bush.

Nice try - but Clinton said he's run the United States by Executive Order if he had to. I can dig up just as many power-monger quotes from Clinton as you can from Bush.

Besides .. Bush comments are not the issue. KERRY and his trashing the troops (again) is. He said exactly what he felt .. and this time he is being called on it - unlike WINTER SOLDIER where he got away with it.

"A man coming out and saying his military is dumb.. its unrealistic.

It is dumb. But that's what he did. That's what he has ALWAYS done.

Your really looking it from the wrong perspective...

There is no 'perspective'. There is just John Kerry's words. He said them. That's all there is to it. He has a history of saying similar things.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well if you ask me Kerry got kerried away, ever since Bush made yet another dumb&dumber statement, that if Democrats win, the Terrorist will prevail.

So who is Dumb and who is Dumb-er?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So who is Dumb and who is Dumb-er?

At this moment Kerry is. But who is dumber isn't the issue. It's Kerry and the FACT that he trashed the troops (again). It's the FACT that his own party even wants him to get lost.

Did anyone catch IMUS or the repeat of Kerry calling IMUS. Imus, who endorsed and defended Kerry, told him to just just the hell up.

This isn't FOX spin .. this isn't a Bush subject .. it's ALL John Kerry.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sorry mate, you bought up bush,
and also it was mentioned how words mean something, and shouldnt be taken lightly.

Especially when your in the position your in now,
being those laws clinton threatened to take, during extreme circumstance..

GWBush is slowly moving so he doesnt have any opposition at all, when he choose to undertake that path.
Why do you bring up clinton any way?

Point is, look what is frontpage news, the VERY WEEK the polls mean the most.
Read some articles from IRAQ, or maybe BODYCOUNTS... to see what SHOULD BE FRONTPAGE NEWS...

is a f'n joke, if you fall.. again.. for the same crap from the government.

Go vote bloody republican then, if you think kerry mis-speaking is far more a issue of NATIONAL SECURITY, compared to the mess bush has you in.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Exactly Souljah,

They're both idiots. That's why I flipped a coin in the 2004 election. Serious - it was picking from dumb or dumber or evil or eviler - I couldn't decide what stinking kettle of fish I was sticking my hand in.

I have no problem speaking candidly about the instances of Bush's brain farts - this time it's Kerry's turn. When you're sole purpose is to SPEAK to the public on an issue, and you MISSPEAK to this level - rotton tomatoes are the special for the day. So even if it was a mis-speak he has it coming. I personally think he meant just what he said (especially taking into account his statements in 1972 back that interpretation).

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
At this moment Kerry is. But who is dumber isn't the issue. It's Kerry and the FACT that he trashed the troops (again). It's the FACT that his own party even wants him to get lost.

In my book both are kind of dumb the same - if I recall correctly they both belong to the same Scum&Boners secret society, which for Moi means they are both kind of Scummy.

Yes he did trash the troops - but you must admit that there was a little bit of truth in his statement; seen any rich college kids in the Army lately?

[edit on 2/11/06 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop ... if you think kerry mis-speaking is far more a issue of NATIONAL SECURITY, compared to the mess bush has you in.

This country is capable of having more than one serious issue discussion.

On THIS thread we are discussing the serious issue of SEN Kerry' sitting in the senate; who almost was in the Oval Office; who WANTS to run again .. trashing the troops. Considering his position it darn well IS very serious and should be discussed.

And he didn't 'mis-speak'. He said exactly what he thought. He's been trashing the troops for decades.

Edited to add - I'm a girl. I don't know if that changes you calling me 'mate' to matette or something??
ha ha

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

but you must admit that there was a little bit of truth in his statement; seen any rich college kids in the Army lately?

Did you see my statistics that I posted? They have the education levels of the US troops. The education levels are higher than their civilian counterparts.

Enlisted - upon enlistment. 100% high school diploma or GED. General US population is 89% -

www.dod.mil...

Officers have a much higher college degree rate than civilians of the same age population.

www.dod.mil...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
read what I wrote again semper...very slowly.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out quickly that the reason there was a draft set up in WWII was because so many college men went to the recruitment centers immediately after Pearl Harbor. The Government was concerned that would leave nobody on the homefront to take care of essentials here and so started the draft to include everyone- not just the college class.

Lots of people here assume the draft was setup to include the wealthy when in fact the opposite is true.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Looks like John Kerry and Henry Kissinger have something in common...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Exactly, im not agreeing with him.
I believe the military probably has a lot of smart people.
But this was no what he was refering.

Again, this is all fake balony news..

Its hyped so much , look at how firm you are for the republicans.

WHy cant we have the REAL NEWS ON CNNS FRONT PAGE. INSTEA OF THIS GRAMMATICAL CRAP?

PEOPLE ARE BEING SLAUGHTERED FOR NO DAMN REASON AND YOUR WORRYING ABOUT A MAN SAYING SOMETHING STUPID ?

this election isnt about kerry n bush so the news and media should get this crap of the news, focus on the issue htat MATTERS!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Did you see my statistics that I posted? They have the education levels of the US troops. The education levels are higher than their civilian counterparts.

Let me REFRESH some of the Headlines about USArmy - not from .mil sites;

US Army Moves to Recruit More High School Dropouts

US Army Reserve in trouble

The US military is recruiting neo-Nazis and hate groups

Desperate U.S. Army Enlists Criminals

That is kind of a not a good sign ey?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
focus on the issue htat MATTERS!

This DOES matter. Kerry is in the senate. He also wants to be president. This very much matters.

And like I said ... we are all capable of discussing more than one issue. We don't have to pick just one ....

FOR EVERYONE -

I borrowed this from another thread. Hope I can post it here -
I thought it was freak'n fantastic!!!

Originally posted by centurion1211
Kerry was for the joke ------ before he was against it!

edited to add link to Centurions post
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

not from .mil sites;

You are quoting AL JAZEERA???
Oh Souljah ... you are predictable.

FACT is that the US military is better educated than it's civilian counterparts.
FACT is that Kerry has a long history of trashing the military.
FACT is that the dems want Kerry to disapear and for good reason.
FACT is that HILLARY is going to be president in 2008 and Kerry's ego can't believe it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join