It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvador Dali's Moustaches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JFA13

I really like Bosch's work (despite how dark and messed up it is, or maybe because of that lol) and can see how you associate the two! I have a print of this triptych of Bosch's and there's a lot of trippy stuff in here:

to good art and distinguished moustaches!

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
I just now got around to watching this

What struck me was the very last phrase said was nuclear mysticism. And they didn’t get to talk further about what he actually meant. Intersting!

Thanks again for sharing this. I enjoyed his accent too

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Even if it were a doodle on a paper napkin, it would be cool to have an original Dali.

I would have been suspicious of that price, too. Is it possible to get something Dali created for only $150?

Art experts hate having to authenticate a lot of Dali's work. He spent decades signing blank canvases and sheets of paper, presumably as a prolonged prank.
edit on 7-6-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Love Dali, i went to the Dali museum in London a few years ago when i was a patient in the hospital beside it, Saint Thomas's.

If you're in London, you could visit his house and museum in Figueroas of a weekend. RyanAir to Girona...

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
In the early 90’s I grew a Fu Manchu shaved to the corners that hung past my jawline, so between 3-4” long. But like Dali, I did not shave the divot under my nose. But I did not wax the tips either. Now I did help an old man clean out his garage and he hooked me up with some mustache wax to get the Dali horns one time....not my style.

Only one other guy ever impressed more with his epic ‘stache. His was also a Fu Manchu that hung to mid chest, only he moussed it out to the sides and extended past his shoulders. He couldn’t turn his head like that but had to turn his upper body to keep from hitting things with his ‘stache.

I’ve done a couple horseshoes since then but never did a Fu Manchu like that again. Takes a lot of patience and easy to screw it up along the way.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: JFA13

I really like Bosch's work (despite how dark and messed up it is, or maybe because of that lol) and can see how you associate the two! I have a print of this triptych of Bosch's and there's a lot of trippy stuff in here:

to good art and distinguished moustaches!

I have a large print of 'The Garden of Earthly Delights' over the fireplace. Ive had it many years.
Its the one with heaven, hell and purgatory. A triptych too.

Im a huge fan of Hieronymus Bosch's work. He was a sick mother#er when it came down to the smaller images

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Even if it were a doodle on a paper napkin, it would be cool to have an original Dali.

I would have been suspicious of that price, too. Is it possible to get something Dali created for only $150?

Art experts hate having to authenticate a lot of Dali's work. He spent decades signing blank canvases and sheets of paper, presumably as a prolonged prank.

Yeah the wording that they had about the pieces was what put me off buying one.
I really cant remember what it said put i definitely wasn't impressed by it thats for sure. I would have snapped one up if i thought they were genuine but i wasnt feeling it.
Stuck with me gut feeling, serve me well it has

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
I did not catch that, it confirms I was not misunderstanding the word gay though, wasn't sure. The casual tone

@JFA
I can totally see this too, that Dali could have drawn inspiration from him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join