It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
The vast majority of people getting killed in Iraq are enlisted soldiers.

The vast majority of people getting killed in Iraq are Muslims being killed by other Muslims. Our losses are tiny compared to those figures. You don't need to invent facts to make the point that things are not going well in Iraq. The real question is whether or not we believe in freedom enough to put our lives on the line to give it to others. The intent is noble. The problem is the good people of Iraq have not shown a strong enough desire to clean up the country themselves. That fact does not benefit any politician so it is ignored. It is the truth though.

Another fact that seems to go by the wayside is that our military is all volunteer and that their education level is higher than the general populations. Kerrys remark would have been appropriate during the Vietnam Conflict but has no bearing on the current situation. He seems to be living in the past and not coming to grips with the present reality. Currently anyone who wants to pursue a secondary education in the United States can do so regardless of financial ability. Grants are easy to get and Student Loans just require filling out a form or two. When someone joins the military it is by their own choice and with full knowledge they may have to fight in a war.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by InDirectViolation]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I want to make it clear that my outrage is against Kerry and to a certain degree, those who defend him.

If Kerry had an ounce of backbone, he'd admit that what he said was insulting, regardless of what he meant and he would apologize for insulting the troops and not for making a bad joke.

I won't blame the Democratic party for Kerry's lack of character, but if this doesn't show the world what a slut Kerry is, then there isn't much hope for the world.

Oh, My, Freaking, God, are you really this blind? Kerry, for three days, starting minutes after the speech finishes, said he was calling Bush an Idiot. HE WAS NOT ATTACKING THE TROOPS ALL OF YOU BLOODY FREAKING, I CAN'T THINK OF AS WORD FOR THIS KIND OF BLIND IGNORANCE! HE HAS NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE TO THE TROOPS SINCE HE DIDN'T INSULT THEM!!!!! DO I NEED TO WATER BOARD YOU PEOPLE BEFORE IT GETS THROUGH YOUR HEAD?(Water boarding isn't a threat since Cheney himself said it isn't torture and America does it all the time)

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
HE WAS NOT ATTACKING THE TROOPS ALL OF YOU BLOODY FREAKING, I CAN'T THINK OF AS WORD FOR THIS KIND OF BLIND IGNORANCE! HE HAS NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE TO THE TROOPS SINCE HE DIDN'T INSULT THEM!!!!!

It usually shows a very big person to just say "hey, I was wrong" and then move on. Most people respect that. Most people think Bush never admits fault. Kerry doesn't need to change his STRATEGY, but maybe he should adjust his TACTICS.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh, My, Freaking, God, are you really this blind? Kerry, for three days, starting minutes after the speech finishes, said he was calling Bush an Idiot. HE WAS NOT ATTACKING THE TROOPS ALL OF YOU BLOODY FREAKING, I CAN'T THINK OF AS WORD FOR THIS KIND OF BLIND IGNORANCE! HE HAS NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE TO THE TROOPS SINCE HE DIDN'T INSULT THEM!!!!! DO I NEED TO WATER BOARD YOU PEOPLE BEFORE IT GETS THROUGH YOUR HEAD?(Water boarding isn't a threat since Cheney himself said it isn't torture and America does it all the time)

Excessive quoting is discouraged, as is yelling and besides your not being funny, I can't believe that you have ever had any affiliation with the United States Marine Corps.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There are two things about this fiasco that I don’t get.

One. How can so many people not understand that the guy said something that he didn’t intend to say? How many times have you and I done the same thing. He was supposed to say "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq." It is amazing that so many people are ignoring this fact! The guy slipped up and said something he didn’t intend to say!

Two. Why the hell didn’t Kerry squash this in the very beginning! This could have been resolved and we could be focusing on the real issues of the upcoming mid term elections. Instead, Kerry dragged his feet and let the spin get out of control. And once again, with an upcoming election, our eyes are not on the ball. All of our attention is focused on his bonehead statement instead of the real issues. He should have immediately made it be known that what came out of his mouth was not what he intended to say and that he apologized for the comments that did come out. There is no excuse for one of his aides coming out and telling us what the script said. Kerry should have been the one telling the world this, not his aide.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think John Kerry is a political whore but then so are most of the rest of our elected officials in DC right now.

I'm retired military who left college 20 years ago because with the exception of my math and engineering courses, everything else they required for me to get a degree was pure dogmatic propaganda. I don't need a communist sympathizer telling me that I'm a officious brute because I don't appreciate art.

Mr. Kerry's right about one thing: it's virtually impossible for a young person to get a decent paying job without a minimum of a college degree and few families can afford to put there children through college and maintain a roof over there head without making at least $100K/year. My nephews and nieces have all gone into debt to get a college education. My youngest sister took nearly 4 years to payback her student loans on her teacher's salary while living at home with my parents because she couldn't afford to live on her own and payback her loans at the same time even with a second job.

I find the claim by some neocon's that Kerry is vet basher quite lame. He's been critical of the DOD and civilian military leadership since he returned from Vietnam and he reported only what we know to be true about the Vietnam War: that certain members of the military commited atrocities against the Vietnamese and the military leadership attempted to cover it up. Here we are 30 years later and once again a very small number of the US military are committing crimes against the Iraqi's. The folks that they killed deserve justice, the same as any human being on Earth. For over 20 years, it was beat into my head that I wasn't just representing the military but all the US of A as well. I don't think that's changed since I retired and I doubt that it ever will.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if it was meant for Bush, the way he said it was enough to force him to apologize to the troops.

WASHINGTON - Thrust into the midst of the midterm election campaign, Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday to "any service member, family member or American who was offended" by remarks deemed by Republicans and Democrats alike to be insulting to U.S. forces in Iraq.

Six days before the election, the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee said he sincerely regretted his words were "misinterpreted to imply anything negative about those in uniform."

There are far better ways to criticize Bush on Iraq then to say that kids who are not educated are going to war. How about kids who don't do well in school goes to Afghanistan as well?

I know it sure was no joke when he said it.

Check this out....

news.yahoo.com...

On Wednesday, he said, "You cannot get into the military today if you do badly in school." But he also said the White House was purposely twisting his words and asserted that it is Bush who owes troops an apology for a misguided war in Iraq.

Don't do well in school and you can't get into the military??? Unbelievable. I didn't know it was that hard.

Thought it was the other way around that Kerry said, that don't do well, you may have to go to Irac.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockieboy
Why the hell didn’t Kerry squash this in the very beginning!

This is the real question. People didn't misunderstand Kerry, because they simply understood what he said. It wasn't clear at all what he meant because what he said wasn't what he meant.

Everyone understands now, but like you said, Kerry could have resolved the whole thing in a few hours by apologizing, but for one thing. Kerry has no character.

But, really, now that Kerry apologized for being a bad comedian and demonstrated what a jackass he is, the rest of us should move on to more important issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Agree or disagree with what Kerry said and how it's being talked about in the media, the statement has done its damage to the Democratic campaign because it's being talked about in the media.

Over the past 6 months, ABC, CBS and NBC have, obviously, covered quite a few political stories. Of those stories, 77% of the stories about Democrats have been positive while only 12% of Republicans have been. You can take that one of two ways, either the Republicans are all evil and Democrats are the only good working in this nation (though they have a couple of bad stories because Rove used his mind control box on them), or the big three media players have an agenda and would like to see one party win.

All you would hear turning on the news a week out of the election was that the Democrats were going to take congress, close the gap in the senate, and just mop the floor with the Republicans. Now, you don't hear that, you hear about Kerry and his comment. In one fell swoop, along with some good political maneuvering and interpretation by the GOP, Kerry managed to smash his party's momentum into a brick wall despite the media's attempts to prevent it from happening. This is a story that cannot and will not be ignored. To top it off, folks like the KosKids and DU saying it's about time someone said that about the troops is doing even more damage to the party's momentum.

And don't think the Republicans aren't going to take advantage of those ultra-left wing blogs. John Kerry's statement was probably more costly to his party than any of us will ever know...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As usual, Kerry's wording was all wrong and insulting not only to our servicemen, but their families as well.

We have the bravest and well trained military the world has ever known and all he can do is belittle our brave men and women in uniform.

If Kerry would keep his mouth shut, the world would never know how much an idiot this clown is.

We can thank God that he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut so the world CAN know how much of an idiot he really is!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
...he returned from Vietnam and he reported only what we know to be true about the Vietnam War: that certain members of the military commited atrocities against the Vietnamese and the military leadership attempted to cover it up.

No he didn't. He indicted everyone who ever served in country except himself and he avoided that by claiming that he was a party to actions that were not then, nor are they now, atrocities.

You're too young to really remember these things, but the record is available both here and elsewhere on the net.

apc

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've been pondering a conspiracy angle on all this...

It is being speculated that this has effectively killed Kerry's chance at running for President in '08. Maybe that was the intention? To give Hillary a push to front of the line? I've always considered her to already have the job, but maybe this is one of many events to come for the purpose of manipulating public opinion to this end?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Can someone pass me the peanuts and beer?

www.kevinzeese.com...

While some of the right and left roll around in the turd field some people are researching others to cast a vote for!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
John Kerry is doing exactly what the Skull and Bones Order instructed him to do...and yes Bush knows this and is using it just the way the Order instructed. Its what is called an election psyops thats taking place.

Dont be foolish people and get hooked in to such trivial stuff. You have a bunch of sociopathic, psychopathic leaders in the USA, Europe, and abroad playing you like a tune. Just smoke and mirrors as we get closer to election day here in the USA.

Laugh at them,,,they hate that most of all next to being exposed.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

HE WAS NOT ATTACKING THE TROOPS ALL OF YOU BLOODY FREAKING, I CAN'T THINK OF AS WORD FOR THIS KIND OF BLIND IGNORANCE! HE HAS NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE TO THE TROOPS SINCE HE DIDN'T INSULT THEM!!!!! DO I NEED TO WATER BOARD YOU PEOPLE BEFORE IT GETS THROUGH YOUR HEAD?

You are in serious need of a mod slap upside your head.

Kerry was indeed attacking the troops. He does it all the time. This is how he usually behaves. It is historical fact that Kerry attacks the troops.

Remember the WINTER SOLDIER investigations??? HMMMM? Kerry got people to swear under oath that they were vets and that they had seen Americans commiting crimes in Vietnam. Problem was that the people weren't really vets and/or had never been near Vietnam. Kerry also lied (under oath) about the troops then .. and he lies now.

Christmas in Cambodia; Seared .. seared into his mind.
He's a proven liar on that one as well.

The list goes on and on.

Kerry meant exactly what he said. His backpeddle was even worse. Kerry's grades were WORSE than Bushs grades and yet his backpeddle was that Bush got America into Iraq because of bad grades.

The guy is a freak'n moron and even his party all want him to shut the heck up and go away. But of course, his blue blood ego won't allow for that.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Come on,

Kerry works for Rove and Bush's mafia. He was paid well to come out and slip and insult the nation and all our fighting men.

There's your October surprise.

He was bogus when he ran for president, and he's a bogus undercover trans-Democrat

Rove and Bush are very proud of their skull and boner blood bro.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
From what I remember of Kerry's war record the men he served with would've been better off if he had stayed at home.

He tried to. He requested not to have to go, but his requests were denied. He definatley did not volunteer to go to Vietnam. He had to go. He turned around and volunteered for the Navy (which sees a heck of a lot less ground action then the grunts in the army) BTW .. I can say 'grunts' because I was in the army!

Between almost blowing his boat out of the water with his own grenade launcher to catching his own sharpnel in the butt.

From what I have read it wasn't even shrapnel. Although the official documents still have not been released by Kerry, there were 'eyewitness' to the incident who swore up and down that what was taken out of his butt was a piece of RICE. Kerry threw his grenade too close to the boat they were in and the grenade hit a rice patty which in turn shoved a piece of RICE into his butt cheek.

Not to mention his burning of other people's medals at a war rally instead of his own.

And there you have another example of what he REALLY thinks of honor, valor, and country.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
FF

Will you be able to sleep tonight from the joy???

Its time to realize we have only one party in this country. Everything else is a "show"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join