It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think that if the GOP must resort to declaring war, en masse, on John Kerry because he can't keep his foot out of his mouth, well, that is pretty indicative as to the sensitivity they are feeling about the quagmire we are embroiled in.

If they really felt righteous about their case for the war in Iraq, then what the hell would they care about what old "Live Shot" has to say?

Considering the utter futility of our folly in Iraq, I for one would rather have someone insult me and work to get me home, versus someone who pats me on the back and sends me back out into the meat grinder.

All the political hullabaloo aside, ther is a valid point to be argued. The vast majority of people getting killed in Iraq are enlisted soldiers. It could be argued that a great many of soldiers in Iraq, perhaps the majority, would have opted to go to college if they either had the ability, opportunity, or financial means. But those people, who are the ones dying every day, did not for the most part. And the ones being shot at - they certainly volunteered to join up, but if given a choice would they willingly go to Iraq versus a non-combat area? Kerry certainly wasn't speaking for all soldiers, but he could have been speaking for some, easily. And what about all the Guardsmen who were called up and shipped out, who never thought they would have to do anything more harsh then deal with in-state emergencies?

Right or wrong, this war should have been over 6 months after Baghdad fell. But like his father, GWB aced the implementation and execution, but never thought about the consequences. Lets not pretend that behind Kerry's terrible delivery, there aren't some grains of truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I want to make it clear that my outrage is against Kerry and to a certain degree, those who defend him.

If Kerry had an ounce of backbone, he'd admit that what he said was insulting, regardless of what he meant and he would apologize for insulting the troops and not for making a bad joke.

I won't blame the Democratic party for Kerry's lack of character, but if this doesn't show the world what a slut Kerry is, then there isn't much hope for the world.

I know what Kerry was trying to say, but that's not what he said and furthermore, what he did say was so reminiscent of what he did say about veterans in 1971 that no one can be blamed for taking his statement at face value, instead of spending twenty minutes trying to figure it out.

And furthermore, Kerry has no business making jokes about the war or the president's intelligence. It only makes him sound ignorant and disrespectful, which he is.

Some might find Clarence Thomas' thoughts on the matter interesting.

Apology is the usual follow-up to gaffes, but Kerry's initial response was to go on the offensive. His office directed a public statement "in response to White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, assorted right-wing nut jobs, and right-wing talk show hosts desperately distorting Kerry's comments ...

"... If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy," the statement quoted Kerry as saying. "This is the classic GOP playbook. I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did."

Obviously Kerry, like a general fighting a war the way he should have fought the previous one, has learned to respond quickly to attacks and with overwhelming force. Unfortunately, this is the sort of situation where name-calling only reduces you to the level of those over whom you would like to show some moral superiority.

www.chicagotribune.com

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
He was trying to bash BusH

i agree - it was a very silly attemot to " bash bush "

Since Bush is a C student (at best). i knew off the bat that's what he was trying to do. Damn...leave the comedy for Lewis Black though.

and what were kerrys best grades ? ... huh ?

insulting the inteligence and accademic prowess of a man whoes college grades were better than kerrys grades was stupid beyond belief .

and can only reflect badly on kerry .

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Overall, Kerry's joke attempt was bad.

There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on.....shame on you. Fool me....well, you can't get fooled again.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
and what were kerrys best grades ? ... huh ?

and can only reflect badly on kerry .

No I have the feeling that somehow, it was Bush's fault.
Now let's all chant:

Bush lied
People died
We don't have a plan
Cause we haven't tried.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem John Kerry purposely tries to sabotage the Democrat partys chances for power.

First, he did not give his all in the presidential election. He would not defend himself over the swift boat scandal "if thats what you call it". If he had and questioned Bushes service, he would have easily won.

Second, he did not use John Edwards to his advantage. John Edwards wife on Larry King said something to the effect of, "Kerry didn't send Edwards to the states that he should have to win". If he had used Edwards he would have won the presidential election.

Finally, the stupid response he made "the October Suprise". He did it on purpose. He is smart enough to know that what he said was idiotic. So why else would he say it, but to hurt the Democrats chances and it will hurt democrats. Because of this Republicans will retain control of everything.
Even the Buchanon sister said she doesn't understand Kerrys commits and seems a little suspect. Why would this overly conservative, ann coulter wannabe say this. She thinks there is something fishy about it.

Thats why I think it goes back to Skull and Bones. Bush and Kerry were in it together and both will not tell the secrets of it. Tim Russert asked both about Skull and Bones and they blew him off. They both said "its a secret" and changed the subject.
Bush Let Kerry run against him and purposely lose, have him make bone-head remarks to save your @$$ from impeachment.

Kerry is a Republican in Democrats clothing.
Impeach John Kerry, save the Democrats.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by BartIV]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Again-

Kerry works for the Republicans and Rove. This was the October surprise. Kerry would say something that the American public, radio and tv would take off with and have a field day.

He's been working for Bush since before the bogus election. I love to be proven right.

If by some chance he slipped, he's a moron skull & Bones brother of another moron wink* wink*

So he hides

The Democrats i hope will kick the you know what out of him. But then again, are there any real Democrats? Is it just one big party now and they play good cop, bad cop?

IMO, this is all yet another show. Its much too convenient for Rove & co. Dont ya think???

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
He was trying to bash Bush. Since Bush is a C student (at best). i knew off the bat that's what he was trying to do. Damn...leave the comedy for Lewis Black though.

So, if Bush is a C student, which,considering he went to YALE is pretty impressive, what did Kerry have? It has been documented that Bush had better grades than Kerry.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
In a Political statement alleged by Kerry to be a criticism of President Bush, John Kerry alleges that the Military is where one goes when they do not "study hard" and "do homework."

www.ft.com
While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”
~~~~~~~
George W. Bush on Tuesday seized on Mr Kerry’s remarks: “The senator’s suggestion that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and shameful,” said the US president at an election rally in Georgia. “The men and women who serve in our all-volunteer Armed Forces are plenty smart – Senator Kerry owes them an apology.”
~~~~~~~
John McCain, the leading Republican contender for the 2008 presidential nomination and - like Mr Kerry - a veteran of the Vietnam war, also responded strongly: “The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq is an insult to every soldier serving in combat.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

John Kerry's comments are consistent with his continuing criticism of the Military he supposedly so proudly served. Again using the Military as his sounding board, Kerry either uses his service to promote his agenda, or criticize his opponents depending on his forum of listeners.

This should come as no surprise as the same Kerry accused soldiers of committing war crimes in Vietnam and again in Iraq. The remarks are drawing a large amount of disapproval from Democrats who are scrambling to distance themselves from Kerry.

When called upon to apologize, Kerry attempts his usual cover-up by attempting to make the claim the remarks were only a criticism of the President.

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.telegraph.co.uk

Umm...Look at the links ? Talking points from the EIB and Rush's institute for advanced conservative child molestation and the hate for hollywood celebraties with disabitities studies. Nothing more here than right wing shielding the Foley and Rush blunder and there will be a Republican getting smeared in the next 4 days and so forth. The Independants are looking better and better so Republicans and Democrats keep on tossing that turd around and soon well be sitting under a party that can get something done in Washington

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I should start with the obligatory disclosure that I’m a registered Libertarian and I do not (did not) support Kerry or Bush.

Kerry quote from “Face the Nation” in 2005

You’ve got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the—of—the historical customs, religious customs.

Perhaps it is his history of anti-military statements that has added fuel to the current fire under his butt? I personally decided I could not support him when I checked his Congressional Record. What I found was that he skipped most of the meetings and hearings when on the National Security Council. Being in Congress is a job like any other. His first obligation was to attend those meetings and it would seem he did not consider National Security to be of much importance and had no problem with accepting pay for a job he did not perform. I also did not care for the fact that he supported the war to remove Sadam and then when it was politically expedient he changed his stripes.

I’ll admit I’m a little biased when it comes to “holier than though” aristocrats who fancy themselves superior to the masses. I do not consider Bush to be in this group. He is just wrong too much of the time. Kerry in his speech and actions clearly considers himself superior to the point of being delusional.

I won’t allude to his speech in 1971 because his words were correct at that time and often taken out of context by his opponents. He was on track at that time to be a great man but something has happened. I think he has never recovered from his Vietnam experiences and the hatred is eating him up inside. This is not a good position from which to lead a nation. He has mistakenly equated Vietnam with the current war, making him incompetent to serve as a Commander and Chief. He also seems to have been thoroughly indoctrinated into the power at all costs mentality in the Beltway.

Just my humble opinion.

link   
That is so awesome!

LMAO!

[edit on 1-11-2006 by super70]

link   
Whats the difference between a "C" and

a "C-"?????

I dont know who had which but that's their scores.

Which one is Einstein?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV
Thats why I think it goes back to Skull and Bones. Bush and Kerry were in it together and both will not tell the secrets of it. Tim Russert asked both about Skull and Bones and they blew him off. They both said "its a secret" and changed the subject.

Well, thank God we finally got a conspiracy spin going.

Kerry is the Democrat's worst enemy. Well, next to Howard Dean, that is.

[edit on 2006/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

boston.com
''I always told my Dad that D stood for distinction"
- John Kerry

Can you believe that he actually went on the record saying that. What an idiot!
I guess an 'F' stands for fabulous. (Or was it F stands for Flip-Flop)

[edit on 1-11-2006 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

boston.com
- John Kerry

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why would Kerry make such a bone-head comment like that?
He has a skull and bones alliance with Bush and friends.
Dems need to just give up and ride the bench, they will never see their time after this election. Its over for the democrat party.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is the end result.

This is all geared to keep us divided to the issues that affect our nation, to keep us away from the realities that our nation is run by dirty politicians.

How can we serve our nation as citizens if we are bickering about what one politician said to the other one.

We are a divided nation and as a divided nation that is how the political system in our nation is falling apart.

Don’t be blind, these people are all the same and we are just been blinded to see how our country is pull apart by these politicians making the news while issue like the Iraqi death toll of troops and the dangerous situation that has become stays in the back burner.

Wake up people we have been manipulated once again by the political propaganda, so we stay as divided as possible.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by BartIV

Well, thank God we finally got a conspiracy spin going.

Kerry is the Democrats worst enemy. Well, next to Howard Dean, that is.

The only conspiracy spin going on here is that this is a perfect chance for the GOP and the Democrats to shield and hide and NOT have to answer for any issues that need to be talked about for a couple of days...As much open minded people that are in here I see there are some who still like the rim job they get from the left and right when it comes to political issues 7 days from the elections?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by dbates

boston.com
- John Kerry

On a lighter side how could one love that face?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh, this is priceless:

In 1999, The New Yorker published a transcript indicating that Bush had received a cumulative score of 77 for his first three years at Yale and a roughly similar average under a non-numerical rating system during his senior year.

Kerry, who graduated two years before Bush, got a cumulative 76 for his four years, according to a transcript that Kerry sent to the Navy when he was applying for officer training school. He received four D's in his freshman year out of 10 courses, but improved his average in later years.

www.boston.com

Now, I had a few rough semesters in college and it did take me 10 semesters over 16 years to get my undergraduate degree, but then I don't go around calling the president an idiot either. Still, I graduated with a 3.4, so a few bad grades don't really define a person for life.

[edit on 2006/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join