It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Marg,you are right. To be honest, I'd like to see both the Republican and Democrat parties dismantled. They are destroying our nation!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here we go again. Let the battle lines be drawn. See things as we WANT to see them. Proves our own ideology. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Bottom line, WHO CARES what a past his prime politician has to say? I don't.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
From what I remember of Kerry's war record the men he served with would've been better off if he had stayed at home. Between almost blowing his boat out of the water with his own grenade launcher to catching his own sharpnel in the butt. Not to mention his burning of other people's medals at a war rally instead of his own.

And yes, it's true, Bush is marginally smarter than Kerry. If Kerry had any brains at all he would've apologized and explained what he really meant. There are a lot of academic under achievers in the armed forces, but who does Kerry think is flying the planes, manning the UAVs, running ordinance guidance systems, programming satelite link ups, and running al the field hospitals. Obviously not high school drop outs.

When I was younger I talked to a recruiter, luckily he was honest with me and told me that at the time, without a high school diploma and a few college credits, I would never be accepted into the communications systems MOS I had wanted.

Kerry is a blithering idiot, his PR people need to take a note from Hillary's people and learn to keep his mouth shut. If Kerry thinks he can build another campaign off of bashing Bush then he needs to rethink his strategy. I think this just proves how out of touch Kerry has always been, someone needs to pop his elitist bubble.

Insult the war if you must, but not the troops, they're just doing their job.

Edit: Maybe now, in addition to his honored place in the Ho Chi Mihn museum AlQeada will put his picture up in their museum cave

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Shadowflux]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Some of your arguments seem to hinge around. Well, the really smart people don't have a need to go into the military, so they don't...The less intelligent wind up in the military. So, that makes what Kerry said okay? I mean, come on, people..

[edit on 1-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How interesting to see how all of you are falling for the division propaganda

It's not division propaganda, marg. It was stupid statement by a politician who should have known better and a veteran, at that.

Originally posted by marg6043
People this is the october surprise get it!!!!

It's not the October surprise, it's just Kerry's true colors shining through.

The outrage at Kerry's remarks is not really a partisan matter, because, at the very least, Democrats know that Kerry did more that stick his foot in his mouth.

Google Search

A botched joke! HA!

Kerry has made his career insulting veterans.

I hope he's finally gotten his comeuppance.

He deserves it.

[edit on 2006/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Posted before and will post again...

Actually, sorry for all you people rubbing one out over this, Kerry was again calling Bush an Idiot and being an Idiot he and all of his followers missed the joke. Since Bush admitted he didn't know about Shiites and Sunnis and Kurds all living in Iraq. Or it was in the Middle East, or that the Iraqis might not like having their children raped, and that they might not lay down and take it when another country invades them. In fact Kerry even said after the speech he was calling Bush an idiot.

All you people screaming he called the army idiots need to put down the kool aid and listen to the person who said the quote and not Fox News which is still reporting about nuclear weapons in Iraq.

Kerry told reporters in Seattle, Washington, that the remark was a "botched joke" meant to target the president, not U.S. troops.
"The White House's attempt to distort my true statement is a remarkable testament to their abject failure in making America safe," the Massachusetts senator said. "It's a stunning statement about their willingness to reduce anything in America to raw politics."
www.cnn.com...

“I think people will remember John Kerry’s press conference today as the moment we Democrats stopped once and forever accepting the disgraceful smears of Republicans. John Kerry showed our Party how to fight back with the truth.
“John Kerry is a patriot who has fought tooth and nail for veterans ever since he came home from Vietnam. He has stood with his brothers in arms unlike this Administration which exploits our troops to make a political point and divide America.
"John Kerry should apologize to no one for his criticism of the President and his broken policy in Iraq. George Bush is the one who owes our troops an apology. This is text book Republican campaign tactics.
“Everybody knows it’s not working this time around. If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they’ve got a partisan political agenda and that’s the bottom line. We’re not going to take it any more.”
blog.thedemocraticdaily.com...

At a hastily arranged news conference in Seattle, Kerry said: "I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."
Kerry said the comment in question was "a botched joke about the president and the president's people, not about the troops ... and they know that's what I was talking about."
news.yahoo.com...

"This is the classic GOP playbook," Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium." www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Want a real insult? Take a bunch of troops stick them on an aircraft carrier , put up a nice big happy sign that says "Mission Accomplished" and tell them that the fight in Iraq is over. Thats an insult. 3 years later the joke is still on us.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
“John Kerry is a patriot who has fought tooth and nail for veterans ever since he came home from Vietnam. He has stood with his brothers in arms unlike this Administration which exploits our troops to make a political point and divide America."
www.cnn.com...

You must be very young, if you believe that.

"This is the classic GOP playbook," Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium." www.military.com...

This is classic Kerry playbook and I, for one, am sick and tired of Kerry slandering American veterans.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
at this point , I must point out that according to published results , GW Bush reciefed better accademic grades than Kerry - and earned an MBA - a more prestigious degree than kerry .

and yet kerry chooses to mock bush for accedenic failings . ROFLMAO

hmm..... ape smells the pungent aroma of sour grapes

maybe mrs hienz can bottle it - and sell it as whine vinegar

OMGosh...that is just precious! You should add it to your signature.

All this stuff going back and forth between the demons/repugnants is just about as funny as something you would see on a childs playground. "Child Polotics"

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
He was playing to his audience. Kerry is a political whore. He will say and do anything if he thinks it will get him votes.

I certainly could be wrong, but from your quote, I gather you are implying Kerry, in his whoreness, is somehow different from other politicians?

If so...um... woah.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Intrepid, you're Canadian.

I don't care what Canadian politicians say, either, as long as they don't say it about us.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by intrepid

I don't care what Canadian politicians say, either, as long as they don't say it about us.

Touchy, touchy Grady. It's a little different in this case, US politics affect us, not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To hell with both parties.... Vote .....Green...

Hell,I don't know what to say about the present political climate. I don't much like either party,yet, there is no one else to vote for because the two nation destroying parties have all of the money tied up.

I sometimes think that all Americans should just refuse to vote until we are given other viable , in other words, someone who has the money to win, choices besides just the democrats and Republicans. It's to the point of ridiculousness.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by please_takemyrights
I certainly could be wrong, but from your quote, I gather you are implying Kerry, in his whoreness, is somehow different from other politicians?

If so...um... woah.

Nope. Just pointing out the obvious. Although most politicians go out of their way not to piss off the military and its veteran's. I wonder if he'll get invited to speak at any Veteran's Day events. I for one wouldn't mind the chance to punch him in the mouth though.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
In fact Kerry even said after the speech he was calling Bush an idiot.

Doesn't Kerry label these personal attacks as "despicable" in politics?

Is the end result that he wants to insult people's intellegence, but not have anyone insult him? I don't get it. Both sides need to deal with the issues. If Americans overwhelmingly want to get out of Iraq, then they should both lay out plans for how each group would do that.

Bush wants to train people there and eventually turn things over to them without raising the troop levels it seems. Kerry talks about more troops and better diplomacy, but I haven't heard any real plan there.

We only have to look at 2004 to see that a plan (even a crappy one) seems to win over no plan.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Well unfortunately GradyPhilpott, what our politicians say seems to have quite an effect on the rest of the world, so it is in their best interest to be concerned where they see fit.

Kerry bashed Bush, what he said got spun around, just like what always happens to Bush when he says something (though normally Bush says more), and now the sheep of America are running with it and distracting themselves from every real issue going on right now.

Because... I am sooooooo sure that what Kerry said is going to make a difference at the end of the day to any soldier we currently possess in this country.

I can't wait for this election to be over, it is so sickening to watch repugs/demons foaming at the mouth for any way they can gnash their teeth at each other. It is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sigh, I'm sooo tired of everyone picking thru the scraps of video or sound bites till they find something that they can PRETEND to misunderstand.!!! This goes for all sides.

Surely by now everyone, including GW hisself, has heard that the dig was meant for the President who "got stuck in Iraq", not a dig on the IQ's of the military! But of course, that's no nearly as much fun as continuing to pretend it was directed against some one else, especially if there is even a slim hope that it will cause the first doofus some grief!!

What Kerry has proven is his inablity to tell a JOKE properly, ( It still wasn't that hard to "GET", people!!!)

And, will some one PLEASE tell George to stop harping on and on about this.......it makes one look STUPID to tell a flop of a joke, it also makes one look just as STUPID to not get it after a while.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
We only have to look at 2004 to see that a plan (even a crappy one) seems to win over no plan.

...And in one simple sentence Zedd has summed up what none of the Democratic leaders seem to realize. That's a quote to remember right there.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
What Kerry has proven is his inablity to tell a JOKE properly,

Or much of anything else.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He was trying to bash Bush. Since Bush is a C student (at best). i knew off the bat that's what he was trying to do. Damn...leave the comedy for Lewis Black though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join