It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
a reply to: FlyersFan

No, you're defending more than that. I've seen your other threads.

True
On various threads the wars are defended and that's bizarre.

None of the people who defend the wars want to sacrifice their kids or grandkids but it's ok to lecture others to do what they will never do in real life.
edit on 25-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Vermilion

I don't vote

You speak as though you are part of the solution when you are part of the problem.

Those who choose to do nothing have no room to complain when things get bad.....your vote is the only thing that gives you real power to do anything in regards to our government yet you do not do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

I'm speaking out against the actions of a corrupt, tyrannical, oppressive, genocidal regime.

You said this so I only assumed you wouldn’t vote for a democrat like Biden who censored Americans.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Irishhaf

Especially the last 2 can anyone look at that and really think its terrible what happened at the university, we have passively stood by while the bill of rights got shredded by republicans and democrats, and you expect me to get upset that some paid provocateurs and stupid college kids got arrested. HA, support hamas I wont shed any tears over this.

That’s why it keeps happening…

People shrug when it happens to people they disagree with then act surprised when it happens to a group they identify or sympathize with.

“Everyone who was at _____ is Nazis, screw em”
“Everyone at that event supports hamas”
“Everyone who believes in _____ is racist”

It’s so obvious. But people just laugh it off when their perceived opponents get the treatment because “they did it to us”

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. People act like they’re morally above the other side yet still engage in tit for tat with similar tactics.

Generalise everything, it's the classic tactic or the other one guilty by association. Speaking of peace? You must be a Hamas supporter.

Ludicrous claims.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

It’s a template that is decades old.

I listed the most recent, but I remember similar tactics used against Americans against the Iraq war…

And we all remember what happened to those who protest Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Biden is a POS. But if you believe you're going to vote your way out of this mess...then you're still drinking the Kool aid.

The people in power are laundering a # ton of money RN. And the citizens are at each other's throats. Right where they want you.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Especially the last 2 can anyone look at that and really think its terrible what happened at the university, we have passively stood by while the bill of rights got shredded by republicans and democrats, and you expect me to get upset that some paid provocateurs and stupid college kids got arrested. HA, support hamas I wont shed any tears over this.

That’s why it keeps happening…

People shrug when it happens to people they disagree with then act surprised when it happens to a group they identify or sympathize with.

“Everyone who was at _____ is Nazis, screw em”
“Everyone at that event supports hamas”
“Everyone who believes in _____ is racist”

It’s so obvious. But people just laugh it off when their perceived opponents get the treatment because “they did it to us”

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. People act like they’re morally above the other side yet still engage in tit for tat with similar tactics.

An eye for an eye doesn't leave the whole world blind, it does leave the world seeing in a slightly different perspective...and leaves plenty of time to reflect on what transgression caused it to happen so it doesn't happen again.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Consvoli

It’s a template that is decades old.

I listed the most recent, but I remember similar tactics used against Americans against the Iraq war…

And we all remember what happened to those who protest Vietnam.

Only a few posters are in favor of these tactics. The rest from what I have seen are in favor of the protesters or at least arguing for their right to protest. I believe you know what you are dealing with when it is argued protestors are 'violent' and 'extremists'. The same people who label them will be against the protestors who protested against the war in Vietnam which was catastrophic for so many Americans who lost their lives or were seriously injured.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

But not everyone is doing that. Including me. I'm speaking out against the actions of a corrupt, tyrannical, oppressive, genocidal regime. The leader of that regime is pressuring my government to take my freedom of speech away from me by attempting to label anyone who speaks out against the actions of the Israeli government as anti-Semitic. Should I be thrown in jail for speaking out against corruption?

According to the left that would place you squarely in the "white supremacist/domestic terrorist" bracket for Bidens DOJ.
You may want to lay low and not out yourself on sites that they monitor.

edit on 25-4-2024 by Asher47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Biden is a POS. But if you believe you're going to vote your way out of this mess...then you're still drinking the Kool aid.

The people in power are laundering a # ton of money RN. And the citizens are at each other's throats. Right where they want you.
I agree with that 100%. We’re going down a path that isn’t going to change. The only hope is slowing down the bleeding a bit. The youth coming into power in 10-30 years is the scariest to me but I’ll be dead by then so…..happy trails.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When people complain that Israel is evil and corrupt because of what they did to the poor gaza people, I am reminded that there are those out there who have never read history, have never been to the ME, and have been indoctrinated by some college professor while taking their masters courses in penis naming studies.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

do you always vote for the same party?

If so your part of the problem, if not congrats you can think.

But there are some other aspects of this, are there not rules you have to abide by on a college campus that would infringe on your rights?

If so the school has every right to say dont do it, and when they do it anyways the school has the right to sweep them all up with law enforcement.

If I was a betting man, if you follow the money the "heads" of the group at UT will be getting money from the same people that headed up the columbia riots.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When people complain that Israel is evil and corrupt because of what they did to the poor gaza people, I am reminded that there are those out there who have never read history, have never been to the ME, and have been indoctrinated by some college professor while taking their masters courses in penis naming studies.

I am tempted here to say that when posters are arguing against the occupational of Ukraine they are reluctant to argue against the occupation of Palestine. Same posters (few of them). Maybe double standards?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am tempted here to say that when posters are arguing against the occupational of Ukraine they are reluctant to argue against the occupation of Palestine. Same posters (few of them). Maybe double standards?

Maybe because "palestine" is contrived?

Again, history is your friend.

Ottman Empire, yadda yadda. . . .

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I really like this poll site for an unbias image of what Israel thinks about their government. Otherwise it gets warped into a notion it's some revolutionary dislike of the Israeli status-quo.

en.idi.org.il...

After more than six months of war, we found that among both Jewish (58%) and Arab Israelis (81%) there is widespread agreement that now that the majority of Israeli forces have left the Gaza Strip, the time has come for those who were responsible for the failure of October 7 to resign from their positions.

The majority of Israelis gave Prime Minister Netanyahu low ratings (57%), while IDF Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi topped the rankings of positive performance (48%). More than two-thirds of Israelis think we are on the verge of an all-out-war with Hezbollah – 69%.

A vast majority (81%) of Israelis think the likelihood of reform in the Palestinian Authority is low, while a majority of Israelis think absolute victory in Gaza is unlikely.

59% of Jewish Israelis oppose a deal that would lead to the establishment of a Palestinian state with guarantees from the US and peace agreements with Arab states such as Saudi Arabia; when asked to choose, 51% of Israelis said they think the main goal of the war should be bringing the hostages home and 36% think it should be toppling Hamas; half of Israelis think the ICJ ruling, issuing temporary measures, to be harsh.

I read all this and they are no more corrupt than us. The freer the society the more likely it is to lose its mind in protest towards its elected leader when things go south.

We are so free we can lose it over our country supporting another country. What can you say, sometimes democratic countries just happen to have the wrong president in office given the geopolitical situations the country is facing.

And these "go back to Poland and get gassed" kids really don't understand the world, or anything beyond what the bias crap they read or watch persuades them to, or draws their attention to.

I'm a propaganda opposite. I read "over 31,000 dead" enough and it makes me want to point out all the instances in (recent American) history when our inflicted civilian death tolls were at a higher rate in a shorter period of time @ 320/day.

But the climate is such to where pointing out that Israel has done really well keeping the civilian casualty count down, given the urban environment and counter tactics being employed, still gets called propaganda. Even if just a statistical comparrison.

Things are bias all over. I say every kid that says, "We are Hamas" or "We are Hezbollah" get forced to actually go do it. They must pack a duffle bag and go be one with the freedom jihadists.

You say you're those things and you're not supporting ANY Israel government, no matter what else you say, because you've identified as a mortal foe.
edit on 25-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When people complain that Israel is evil

I see a distinct difference between the Israeli people vs their government. There are in fact many Israelies protesting against their own government ATM and I fully support them. Americans should take note.

I do not support any oppressive ME regime in any way.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I rarely vote for either party.

I’m pretty sure the only time I did for president was Trump, unless Paul got the R ticket one of the times he ran.

As for paid protestors, it wouldn’t surprise me… But it’s hardly unbelievable college kids protest a war. It’s kind of a right of passage for many of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's possible some of those students are protesting war and the US's continued financial support of war. I don't think anit-war necessarily translates to anti-Semitism.

I would think they would vote for Trump then....4 years of almost peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

As for paid protestors, it wouldn’t surprise me… But it’s hardly unbelievable college kids protest a war. It’s kind of a right of passage for many of them.

But it is different now.

These kids think it's cool. Student groups host food, water, beer, food and what not to come out. And yes, I personally have seen the ads for $$$ to show up. The more you do, the more you are paid. Show up 50. Get arrested? Your lawyer and a grand plus.

And that is why they get as bad as they do these days.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

me either, I voted perot twice, and try my hardest to never vote for an r or d unless a particular candidate seems like someone worth getting behind.

My issue with the thing in texas is they thought what happened in columbia was a good thing, thats the main reason I am willing to accept the college's approach.

Any protest that calls for genocide is no longer a protest its a threat and should be treated with a major response.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join