It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No, you're defending more than that. I've seen your other threads.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Including Israel's?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Morons indeed.

They are being shipped around the country to incite and disrupt.

t.me...

The muppets in the video aren’t one offs.
I have family members like them.

They are tools.

link   

Again with you minimizing ... no it wasn't just 'a few handfuls' ... the entire protest was one big antisemitic threat.

I’m not minimizing. Only saying individuals should be held accountable for their own actions. In a large group, if some people do something wrong, the whole group isn’t wrong.

Wait until election season, this is just the beginning. The left will try to paint the right with a broad brush because of cherry picked individuals and many will rightfully point that out.

You’re using the same tactics as they did in Charlottesville and J6 where they try and criminalize everyone on one side for the actions of a smaller sample.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Israeli government is not the same thing as the Jewish people. It's possible to be critical of the Israeli government without being anti-Semitic.

I mean aren't you guys always talking about how the Israeli government can't be racist because there are Palestinians elected to it?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Consvoli

Sure. I'm all for peaceful protests.

But there is no right that allows the infringement of anothers rights.

We are all for peaceful protests.
And people are still allowed not to support Israel. All within the rules.
edit on 25-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

The Israeli government is not the same thing as the Jewish people. It's possible to be critical of the Israeli government without being anti-Semitic.

I mean aren't you guys always talking about how the Israeli government can't be racist because there are Palestinians elected to it?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
No, you're defending more than that. I've seen your other threads.

Nope. And may or may not go on in other threads is irrelevant to the topic of this one. The bottom line is that Jewish students should be able to go to a school that they paid for without having threats made against their life. They should be able to be safe. Columbia has failed. UT students said they were going to do the same thing as Columbia. University of Texas shut it down before it could happen. Good for them!

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

I ask again, what government isn't corrupt?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Why can't you just give a straight answer?

link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Sure.

But when you all recommend final solutions, then it loses the nuance.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Again with you minimizing ... no it wasn't just 'a few handfuls' ... the entire protest was one big antisemitic threat.

I’m not minimizing. Only saying individuals should be held accountable for their own actions. In a large group, if some people do something wrong, the whole group isn’t wrong.

Wait until election season, this is just the beginning. The left will try to paint the right with a broad brush because of cherry picked individuals and many will rightfully point that out.

You’re using the same tactics as they did in Charlottesville and J6 where they try and criminalize everyone on one side for the actions of a smaller sample.

It's a classical tactic to shut down protests. Put some agitators or even pay them and they can be used as an excuse.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Consvoli

Sure. I'm all for peaceful protests.

But there is no right that allows the infringement of anothers rights.

We are all for peaceful protests.
And people are still allowed not to support Israel. All within the rules.

Sure.

But there is no right that allows infringement upon another's rights.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Is your government corrupt?

Absolutely.

link   

I should have the freedom to criticize the actions of my corrupt government or any corrupt government including Israel without being slandered an anti-semite. You people are fighting to have that right taken away.

link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It's a classical tactic to shut down protests. Put some agitators or even pay them and they can be used as an excuse.

Sounds like insurrection to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Is our government's ally, the Israeli government corrupt?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Why can't you answer the question asked to you before you asked a question?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Is our government's ally, the Israeli government corrupt?

Don't know.

I'm not an Israeli.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Sure, Jan.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join