It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Roberts has a big problem on his hands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You need proof that one human being doesn't have total control over another? Your default assumption is that all spouses have control over their spouse? Childish.

Christianity states that the husband rules over his wife. Not me. I'm not the person claiming that Christian morality should be the morality of the nation.

That said, For Justice Alito to blame his wife for the stain these actions wrought upon the legitimacy of the Supreme Court, it's the wussiest cop out for a Supreme Court Justice that's expected to be impartial and unbiased.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You need proof that one human being doesn't have total control over another? Your default assumption is that all spouses have control over their spouse? Childish.

Christianity states that the husband rules over his wife. Not me. I'm not the person claiming that Christian morality should be the morality of the nation.

That said, For Justice Alito to blame his wife for the stain these actions wrought upon the legitimacy of the Supreme Court, it's the wussiest cop out for a Supreme Court Justice that's expected to be impartial and unbiased.

How many times can you be wrong in a day?

A husband does not rule over his wife, or family for that matter.

He leads.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

He leads.

Yes, they do.

Fundamental Christians literally support that woman was taken from the man's rib and she is subservient to him.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: Annee

So much for blatantly biased projection

Chief Justice John Roberts Rebuked Trump This Term - 2020

Chief Justice John Roberts' double-barreled rejection of President Trump's claims of immunity from grand jury and congressional subpoenas was a stunning end to a momentous term in which Roberts played perhaps the most pivotal role of any chief justice in close to a century.

In a remarkable series of decisions over the last month, Roberts has rebuked Trump on matters ranging from personal to policy.

Why is there even a question on total immunity?

Refering to your reply not the link

Silly Ol Me
Too many Diet Cokes I guess

I get YOU

edit on 24-5-2024 by MetalThunder because: idioIT

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You must know some strange-ass people.

Ima boomer, my wife is subservient to no one!

lol

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You must know some strange-ass people.

Ima boomer, my wife is subservient to no one!

lol

Lovin' your wife

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He leads.

Yes, they do.

Fundamental Christians literally support that woman was taken from the man's rib and she is subservient to him.

She is not subservient...

I just can't anymore today....you lefties are exhausting.

You should read the Bible for yourself. Stop believing what you are told and think for yourself.

Watch for my post in the Rant forum in the next few days and I will elaborate.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Do you paint all people with a single brush based on their religion, sex, race ... there is a word for that.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Do you paint all people with a single brush based on their religion, sex, race ... there is a word for that.

Liberal.
Democrat.
Progressive.

Take your pick, they are the pronouns racists and bigots and misogynists identify with.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Liberal.
Democrat.
Progressive.

Take your pick, they are the pronouns racists and bigots and misogynists identify with.

And you are the only one bringing all that up in this thread.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   

He leads.

Ephesians 22
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I do when it comes to a Supreme Court Justice, who's beach house proudly display a Christian Nationalist flag, and who cited a 17th century judge, Mathew Hale, who presided over witchcraft trials and condemned women who were found guilty of witchcraft to death, and the law that he wrote, to justify a ruling giving US states the right to force a 12 year old girl to give birth to her rapist's spawn.

www.propublica.org...

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

originally posted by: hangedman13

Christian evangelicals believe that the husband is the head of their wife. Alito, being the evangelical Christian that he is, is responsible for his wife. By the same logic, Merchan's daughter's husband, not him, is responsible for his wife's actions. After all, in all probability, Juan Merchan most likely walked his daughter down the aisle and gave her away at the altar.

But, anyone who believes that Justice Samuel Alito didn't have anything to do with the flags at his homes is a dang fool.

You are missing the whole point. How much money is Alitos wife making off any of this? Not a damn dime! Merchans daughter, who when I last checked is still considered family, is running her business off of the trial. Family counts in conflict of interest, a daughter just as much as a wife. Don't cry when this gets used against your favored politicians! Setting precedents to get their way continuously backfires, nuclear option anyone?

What does money have to do with this?

Are you really that dense? That is the conflict of interest with Merchans daughter! When your job stands to make money off of the trial your dad is presiding over, that is a conflict of interest. It is the reverse of what Hunter did!

That playbook says for them to ignore the facts and keep pounding the lie.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And that is a perfectly valid personal opinion and you certainly have a right to hold it.

State that you personally hate Justice Alito and no mater what he says or does, or what evidence is present or lacking, in any and all situations you will never believe he can be impartial because he belongs to a religion you disagree with and has made cort decisions you find reprehensible.

Why waist time trying to debate the merits of this OP (ie can a Judge possess a professional impartiality dispite familial influence) when all that real matters to you is that Judge Alito is scum?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Why waist time trying to debate the merits of this OP (ie can a Judge possess a professional impartiality dispite familial influence) when all that real matters to you is that Judge Alito is scum?

I think I can, and have, successfully done both!

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Since when has Alito ever been impartial? He came as part of a two-for-one promotion with The Unborn Victims of Crime Act. His purpose from the beginning was to be there when the tide turned to pen the decision that overturned Roe.

Honestly, I just hope it gets under his skin states like Kansas and Kentucky are trending pro-choice, and doing the opposite of what he intended. It takes away what YOU KNOW was the misogynistic highlight of his career one state at a time.

So really, he can fly all the freaking (patriotic turned Christian Nationist) flags he wants, he loses in the long run, and there's always satire to sublimate how much the man makes my skin crawl, and scares me a little.

edit on 24-5-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   

But that is her choice.

Just like it is your choice not to believe.

But don’t paint Christians with that broad brush. Especially if you don’t understand it or want to understand it.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Is the San Francisco City hall a hotbed of Christian nationalists?

Is it weird that San Francisco flies the “An Appeal to Heaven” flag over city hall? Should we get Congress involved? Have the insurrectionists taken over?
The video of the "An Appeal to Heaven" flag over San Francisco City Hall was taken on Feb. 11, 2023.

Source

Or BLM protests? Notorious for Christian nationalists right?

Leftists are so easily manipulated to be offended by the "current thing".

I'm embarrassed for you.

edit on 25-5-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3 Is it ok to have Democrat biased Judges and prosecuters in Trumps trials ? What Alito's wife thinks and does is her right , what Alito thinks and does is his .

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

But that is her choice.

This isn't about choice! LOL

This is about a Supreme Court Justice betraying their duty to remain neutral and nonbiased, regarding issues that come before his court that effect the rights and privileges of the American People, including the right to choice.

The displays in question serve to promote anti-choice, anti-democracy, and anti-freedom of religion and freedom from religion agendas.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join