It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Roberts has a big problem on his hands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: Annee

So much for blatantly biased projection

Chief Justice John Roberts Rebuked Trump This Term - 2020

Chief Justice John Roberts' double-barreled rejection of President Trump's claims of immunity from grand jury and congressional subpoenas was a stunning end to a momentous term in which Roberts played perhaps the most pivotal role of any chief justice in close to a century.

In a remarkable series of decisions over the last month, Roberts has rebuked Trump on matters ranging from personal to policy.

Why is there even a question on total immunity?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The "Appeal to Heaven" flag was commissioned by General George Washington while fighting for our independence.

I fail to see the controversy in flying it.

I have that flag and fly it at my house at times. I also have the Gadsden Flag and fly that one. And the Betsy Ross flag. And a number of other historic Revolutionary War flags that I fly. We live near Philadelphia PA and are into history.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The "Appeal to Heaven" flag was commissioned by General George Washington while fighting for our independence.

I have that flag and fly it at my house at times. I also have the Gadsden Flag and fly that one. And the Betsy Ross flag. And a number of other historic Revolutionary War flags that I fly. We live near Philadelphia PA and are into history.

I have a weather sock.

You know -- one of those orange cone shaped thingies.

Hope no one mistakes it for the "orange one".

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I have a weather sock.

You know -- one of those orange cone shaped thingies..

We also have the hurricane warning flags that fly on ships and near the coast.

You reminded me of that ... forgot to mention it.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Dandandat3

For one thing, Alito lives with his wife. On the other hand, Merchan's daughter, Loren Merchan, is the wife of another man, and doesn't live with her dad. She's also the president and partner of a political consulting firm. She's not just a crazy woman who can't be controlled by her husband, or father, like you're making Alito's wife out to be.

For another thing, anyone buying Alito's excuse that the wife did it, is an idiot.

False Equivalencies and pointless comparisons. None of that means anything. 💥

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm sure none of the other judges spouses are democrats, do democrat stuff, or are even political at all.
🙄

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

For one thing, Alito lives with his wife. On the other hand, Merchan's daughter, Loren Merchan, is the wife of another man, and doesn't live with her dad. She's also the president and partner of a political consulting firm. She's not just a crazy woman who can't be controlled by her husband, or father, like you're making Alito's wife out to be.

For another thing, anyone buying Alito's excuse that the wife did it, is an idiot.

Alito Wife has no vested financial interests with the "flag" thing.

Merchan AND The Daughter have millions of dollars involved with their biased and politically motivated businesses.

The Merchan Daughter worked with Congressman Goldman to coach and advise Cohen for his testimony in The Merchan Court. Are you seeing the conflicts?????

Sorry. 😊

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Well, Trump did prove he is worthy even if you refuse to see that.

But would you not agree the whole scheme to take over America is in the hands of some nasty people who could hang for treason?

They are very exposed in that capacity.

Trump is not worthy in my opinion. And I doubt many of his supporters even know what they’re really voting for.

I believe there is a global power.

Well, Libertarians haven't had a better chance at the principles of limited Government than with Ron Paul. DJT is not who you portray him. I only say actual on the ground good deeds speak volumes to the little guy seeking limited gov also.

We may have to do something one day because of them or despite the powers that be. Whatever we have been doing is simply a clown show now compared to the greater glory of what this place, America, means to the downtrodden. I am for immigration, but not for letting the borders open because of the desire of that organization going for the gold of owning us all needs to flood us with those willing to kill Americans or they lose.

We the USA are already at war with the DS cabal who are imbedded in cliques within our gov and limited gov is the opposite of what they desire. If we get back to that, then crimes will be punished they are shielding their caste from.

edit on 24000000543120245America/Chicago05am5 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Are you suggesting that a relationship between a man and his wife is stronger than a man and his daughter? When it comes to unconstitutional love and devotion there is a clear peeking order in the vast majority of families, and one's children are above one's spouse. I would personally go to much farther lengths for my children than I would my wife. Your Daughter vs Wife argument just sounds desperate.

I would like to see you're proof that Alito flew the flags and not his wife.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The controversy stems from the fact that no one outside of a museum and MAGA rallies are flying that flag.

Sure Alito's wife might be a history buff ... but it more likly that she is a MAGA activist, especially with the upside-down flag afyer the 2020 election taken into acount.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Its only considered inappropriate when something to do with Trump or conservatism is involved.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

But would you not agree the whole scheme to take over America is in the hands of some nasty people who could hang for treason?

Trump is not worthy in my opinion. And I doubt many of his supporters even know what they’re really voting for.

Well, Libertarians haven't had a better chance at the principles of limited Government than with Ron Paul.

I can't stand Ron Paul.

And since I've been following Trump for some 30 years -- I probably know more about him than you do.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I have a weather sock.

You know -- one of those orange cone shaped thingies..

We also have the hurricane warning flags that fly on ships and near the coast.

You reminded me of that ... forgot to mention it.

I like those flags.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Brains over silliness. Trump is super smart. What matters is you missed all those honors heaped on Trump by the minority leaders until he became an R. You know that is the moment your side was about him. Loved him. I didn't because I watched him for 50 years. But now his deeds are coming home to roost against the fake liberals. Totalitarians they are. Don't support totalitarians.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Brains over silliness. Trump is super smart. What matters is you missed all those honors heaped on Trump by the minority leaders until he became an R. You know that is the moment your side was about him. Loved him. I didn't because I watched him for 50 years. But now his deeds are coming home to roost against the fake liberals. Totalitarians they are. Don't support totalitarians.

I don’t think Trump is very intelligent at all.

He learned a conman shtick from his daddy.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Clueless if you think that is the controvesy.

Clueless people sharing those opinions need to read more. Those flags have been flying even in the deep "rebel territory" for a couple of Centuries. Truly, they wouldn't be here today had they not been by the little guy down the road keeping a set of those flags or rotating several of them in my part of the world. Always honoring the Stars and Stripes in the setting.

originally posted by: Dandandat3

The controversy stems from the fact that no one outside of a museum and MAGA rallies are flying that flag.

Sure Alito's wife might be a history buff ... but it more likly that she is a MAGA activist, especially with the upside-down flag afyer the 2020 election taken into acount.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Anne, I KNOW why I am voting for Trump.

The left, and you, keep yelling about the damage he will do if elected.

And to be inclusive, same with the right and Biden.

Here is what I see:

Our inflation was less than 2% under Trump...Biden, at points 9%.

We didn't have wars or skirmishes for 4 years under Trump...Biden? Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, etc.

I brought home more money in my check each week, gas was cheaper, construction jobs through the roof.

We are now the laughing stock of the world...just watch late night TV from around the world...they laugh at Biden way more than they did Trump.

And our late night media is still on Trump.

So tell me, other than your irrational hatred of Trump, why are you voting for Biden? What good has he done?

Spoiler, enriched his family of our backs.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Well, at least the members of the population who can do basic logic problems.

Therein lies the problem with liberals and progressives. They don't do logic. They are wholly driven by emotion.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

False Equivalencies and pointless comparisons. None of that means anything. 💥

Well, tell it to the OP, Dandandat3, he's the one who made the comparison, in his OP.'

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that a relationship between a man and his wife is stronger than a man and his daughter?

Parents are responsible for their children until they reach adulthood.

Christian evangelicals believe that the husband is the head of their wife. Alito, being the evangelical Christian that he is, is responsible for his wife. By the same logic, Merchan's daughter's husband, not him, is responsible for his wife's actions. After all, in all probability, Juan Merchan most likely walked his daughter down the aisle and gave her away at the altar.

But, anyone who believes that Justice Samuel Alito didn't have anything to do with the flags at his homes is a dang fool.

edit on 4620242024k35America/Chicago2024-05-24T11:35:46-05:0011am2024-05-24T11:35:46-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join