It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Roberts has a big problem on his hands

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Merchan is an evangelical? If so, he's going to hell.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Why?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Why?

Because he is bad. That works with Trump, so it must work with others. You aren't an evangelical are you?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Why?

Because he is bad. That works with Trump, so it must work with others. You aren't an evangelical are you?

I was raised evangelical, Assembly of God, born again, and again! Now, I see myself as a survivor.

Christianity doesn't condemn people to hell because some people consider their actions contrary, or "bad".

Bottom line, Alito's religion dictates that he rule over his wife. The same religion, which Juan Merchant claims as his own, dictates that Merchan's daughter belongs to her husband, who rules over her.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Christian evangelicals believe that the husband is the head of their wife. Alito, being the evangelical Christian that he is, is responsible for his wife. By the same logic, Merchan's daughter's husband, not him, is responsible for his wife's actions. After all, in all probability, Juan Merchan most likely walked his daughter down the aisle and gave her away at the altar.

But, anyone who believes that Justice Samuel Alito didn't have anything to do with the flags at his homes is a dang fool.

You are missing the whole point. How much money is Alitos wife making off any of this? Not a damn dime! Merchans daughter, who when I last checked is still considered family, is running her business off of the trial. Family counts in conflict of interest, a daughter just as much as a wife. Don't cry when this gets used against your favored politicians! Setting precedents to get their way continuously backfires, nuclear option anyone?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

Christian evangelicals believe that the husband is the head of their wife. Alito, being the evangelical Christian that he is, is responsible for his wife. By the same logic, Merchan's daughter's husband, not him, is responsible for his wife's actions. After all, in all probability, Juan Merchan most likely walked his daughter down the aisle and gave her away at the altar.

But, anyone who believes that Justice Samuel Alito didn't have anything to do with the flags at his homes is a dang fool.

You are missing the whole point. How much money is Alitos wife making off any of this? Not a damn dime! Merchans daughter, who when I last checked is still considered family, is running her business off of the trial. Family counts in conflict of interest, a daughter just as much as a wife. Don't cry when this gets used against your favored politicians! Setting precedents to get their way continuously backfires, nuclear option anyone?

What does money have to do with this?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Dandandat3

Are you suggesting that a relationship between a man and his wife is stronger than a man and his daughter?

Parents are responsible for their children until they reach adulthood.

That's some sexest argument right there.

Parents are responsible for their kids untill adulthood, but husband's are responsible for their adult wives?

You don't really believe this argument do you?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

Are you suggesting that a relationship between a man and his wife is stronger than a man and his daughter?

Parents are responsible for their children until they reach adulthood.

Parents are responsible for their kids untill adulthood, but husband's are responsible for their adult wives?

You obviously are not up on your fundamental Christianity.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Nope, I'm an Atheist. I tend to not be overly concerned with other people's religious opinions as it doesn't impact my life much. To each her own.

What does fundamental Christianity have to do with the fact that Merchan and Alito both have close family members that are political activist on subjects that each Judge is presiding over; and the influence that may have on their professional impartiality?

Are you suggesting holding people to different standards based on their religious affiliation? Because that is the definition of bigotry.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So is blaming the wife. Adam blamed Eve too, you know. It's the oldest excuse in the world.

About as much as I believe Alito's wife is to blame for the flag incidents, and poor Sam Alito is just a misunderstood victim.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

You are missing the whole point. How much money is Alitos wife making off any of this?

John Robert's wife's law firm funnels all kinds of cases to her husband's court, and makes damn good money doing it. Same with Barrett's husband. Alito's son recently left a upper crust law firm and now is a Republican consultant for GOP Senators, making the big GOP bucks!

edit on 2620242024k31America/Chicago2024-05-24T12:31:26-05:0012pm2024-05-24T12:31:26-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Nope, I'm an Atheist.

So am I.

But knowledgeable of Dominionism.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So is blaming the wife. Adam blamed Eve too, you know. It's the oldest excuse in the world.

About as much as I believe Alito's wife is to blame for the flag incidents, and poor Sam Alito is just a misunderstood victim.

Again I would love to see your proof that Alito and his wife are lying about how the flags were flawn. It would inform my opinion on the subject.

Do you have proof or are you just letting your personal bias and sexisum paint a picture you want to believe?

Absent any proof I have no reason to believe Alito and his wife's story is a lie; it would be wrong of me to simply assume they are lying because it might fit my personal political biases.
edit on 24-5-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You're religious bigotry, including that liberal spooky campfire story about Dominionism, is starting to be off topic in a thread about Judicial professional impartiality and the influence family members might have over Judges. It may be an interesting topic of its own, but it should probably be in its own thread.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Do you have proof or are you just letting your personal bias and sexisum paint a picture you want to believe?

Proof of what? That Justice Alito didn't notice the flag flying upside down at his house for weeks, that his wife supposedly hung, right after Jan 6th, because she had a verbal tiff over political signage with her neighbor?

You want proof that his wife hung, without his knowledge, and that he was unaware that the Christian Nationalist flag was flying at his beach house for 2 months during the summer of '23?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You're religious bigotry, including that liberal spooky campfire story about Dominionism, is starting to be off topic in a thread about Judicial professional impartiality and the influence family members might have over Judges. It may be an interesting topic of its own, but it should probably be in its own thread.

LOL -- all that from 2 short statements not exceeding 7 words total.

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them. -- Barry Goldwater

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Christian Nationalism Flag is a Dominionism flag! Alito is a Dominionist!

If you need proof of Alito's Dominionism, just read his Dobbs opinion, where he cites a 17th Century witchcraft trial judge.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Are you really that dense? That is the conflict of interest with Merchans daughter! When your job stands to make money off of the trial your dad is presiding over, that is a conflict of interest. It is the reverse of what Hunter did!

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Are you really that dense? That is the conflict of interest with Merchans daughter! When your job stands to make money off of the trial your dad is presiding over, that is a conflict of interest. It is the reverse of what Hunter did!

So, one sided?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Trump would be out on appeal and the verdict held so technically he would not be in jail and still able to run for president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join