It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL...The left accuses conservatives of fearmongering.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ATTN: Dems. Please, just stop. It's not even funny anymore.

I just heard some callers on talk radio screaming about how the Republicans use fear as a weapon. One of them said that without fear mongering, conservatives have nothing. She insisted that conservatives want you to fear immigrants, gays, vaccines, teachers and any type of positive change or progress. She went on to say something about "republican think tanks dating back to the 70s", literally found a way to use fear and prejudice to control the weak minds of the conservatives.

Does the left use fear mongering?
We heard the claims that '27 mental health experts' feared that Trump could very well end the human race.
We heard Biden tell black voters that the Republicans will "put y'all back in chains".
We're still hearing Nancy and Hillary shrieking about Trump being a Russian asset.
I wont even go into how they used fear during the plandemic.

The New York Times even TOLD the dems that they should embrace the politics of fear to win over voters.

Strangely, this unhinged fantasy is not coming from a dem.
In this recent hysteria, RINO Liz Cheney, the Wicked Witch of Wyoming, warns us what will happen if Trump wins. Never mind any checks and balances. Never mind separation of powers. Or the Congress, or the judicial system, or the constitution. Or states' rights. Or for that matter, any control systems.

None of that matters, because Trump will immediately set himself up as a supreme ruler, and he "will never leave". But there's more. He will then begin systematically murdering his political rivals.

How's that for fear-mongering?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
About 10 years ago, liberals on social media liked to throw around a "study" purporting to show that fear drives conservatism.

The study actually showed the exact opposite. They never linked to the actual study, but to a blog by some Democrat activist who misrepresented the study. The study actually showed that liberals are driven by fear.

I did a thread on it debunking the fake liberal claims about it on my old account. Strangely, the thread is gone even though almost every other thread I made on that account still exists.

A few years ago, the journal that published the study actually published a correction to it noting how it had been misrepresented.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lol both sides, or that really should be ALL sides, dont matter what party any idiot politician represents (none of them represent the people) they ALL play the fear game, its what politics is

idiot politician A, if we dont win that side will be the end of everything

idiot politicians B, but if we dont win that side will ruin everything

Sanity my friends comes from not listening to ANY politicians

Its the same cycle of s@@t from yesterday and will be the same cycle of s@@t tomorrow

I guarentee in 20/30/40/50 years time it will be the same tired arguments coming out of their mouths and only they can save you from the others

What exactly do we need politicians for again?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I heard he's going to eat them. All of them. His plan is to grind them up and make big Mac's out of them. Not sure how he's going to do the fries, he may just use Joetatoe, but there is no way to know for sure. I only know that he will end democracy, start world war 4 and barricade himself in the Oval Office bathroom and never come out.

At least that's what we have been told.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Trump does use fear in his campaign rhetoric. So does every other politician I'm sure.

President Trump's central reelection campaign theme was perhaps most simply expressed in a remark in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention:"No one will be safe in Biden's America."

"If the left gains power, they will demolish the suburbs, confiscate your guns, and appoint justices who will wipe away your Second Amendment and other Constitutional freedoms," he said from an American flag-filled White House South Lawn. "Make no mistake, if you give power to Joe Biden, the radical left will Defund Police Departments all across America. They will pass federal legislation to reduce law enforcement nationwide. They will make every city look like Democrat-run Portland, Oregon. No one will be safe in Biden's America."

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

in his defense, we are living in Joe Biden's Amerika right now, and he's not wrong. Ask that little girl from UGA.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well when you have political figures standing up there telling everyone the sky is falling the more devout or politically unhinged, or sensitive people will genuinely get scared. It's just paranoia.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Dems: fear mongering is somethi gevery does but us.

Also dems: everyone who votes for Trump is an extremist, and everything we don't like is a threat to democracy.

If they didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's still fear mongering.

Trump is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boogerpicker

Both sides are guilty of doing that.

Conservatives drone on about how everyone on the left is a libtard BLM communist.

The whole divisive politics is getting old.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2
Lol both sides, or that really should be ALL sides, dont matter what party any idiot politician represents (none of them represent the people) they ALL play the fear game, its what politics is

idiot politician A, if we dont win that side will be the end of everything

idiot politicians B, but if we dont win that side will ruin everything

Sanity my friends comes from not listening to ANY politicians

Its the same cycle of s@@t from yesterday and will be the same cycle of s@@t tomorrow

I guarentee in 20/30/40/50 years time it will be the same tired arguments coming out of their mouths and only they can save you from the others

What exactly do we need politicians for again?

The problem is that the more fear both sides put into their supporters, the further the 2 sides go apart. This is the opposite of what needs to happen. We need to come together to solve problems and help the average Joe.

Back in Canada, we used to have pretty cohesive political parties. Even the right and left got along on most issues. But lately, because of the fear I see the right putting into voters, the political systems back home are becoming ever more divisive like they are down here.

So as much as yes things won't be different per se in x years. we will continue to get further and further apart until something finally brings us back together again.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

She went on to say something about "republican think tanks dating back to the 70s", literally found a way to use fear and prejudice to control the weak minds of the conservatives.

She's referring to the heritage foundation, if anyone is asking.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Let the left talk.

1) The stuff they say is always good for a laugh.

2) It would be fascist-like deny their 1st amendment rights.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Trump is literally worse than 9/11 and WWWII.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What he said isn't inaccurate.

We're seeing it happen every day.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Boogerpicker

Both sides are guilty of doing that.

Conservatives drone on about how everyone on the left is a libtard BLM communist.

The whole divisive politics is getting old.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The glaring difference is that Trump's goal is to make America great again, while Biden's is to destroy America.
That's why Trump cites places like Portland and San Francisco as examples. That's why he cites movements like defund the police, BLM, antifa, drag queens teaching second graders, etc, etc.

He's not fear mongering, he's just telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

She went on to say something about "republican think tanks dating back to the 70s", literally found a way to use fear and prejudice to control the weak minds of the conservatives.

She's referring to the heritage foundation, if anyone is asking.

Solicited or not, your comments are always welcome.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Telling the truth IS fear mongering to the left.

Ive learned the left is nothing but lies, regression and projection

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Trump does use fear in his campaign rhetoric. So does every other politician I'm sure.

President Trump's central reelection campaign theme was perhaps most simply expressed in a remark in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention:"No one will be safe in Biden's America."

"If the left gains power, they will demolish the suburbs, confiscate your guns, and appoint justices who will wipe away your Second Amendment and other Constitutional freedoms," he said from an American flag-filled White House South Lawn. "Make no mistake, if you give power to Joe Biden, the radical left will Defund Police Departments all across America. They will pass federal legislation to reduce law enforcement nationwide. They will make every city look like Democrat-run Portland, Oregon. No one will be safe in Biden's America."

It's not fearmongering if it's true. You might be privileged enough to not have to face the consequences of Biden's America, but many Democrats in liberal cities are living with it every day and some of them are sick of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join