It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring back national service if Tories win election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilbous72

Actually, this thread sparked quite a few positive memories of Hull that I hadn't thought of in decades. I lived just off Prince's Avenue my first year and spent hours walking up and down the former grandeur of the Avenues - Westbourne and Victoria are the ones I can think of. They had these strange, grand fountain things, every so often. Spring Bank cemetary was another favourite spot.

All the unbombed, scattered bits and pieces of what had obviously been an incredibly prosperous town made it full of surprises.

And in what other city can you travel from The Land of Green Ginger to the Milky Way?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Tolkien

No it has not.

They will not be in front line combat unless they choose to sign up, even then, there are not going to be UK troops in Ukraine.

They get to choose basic military training or public service so, not cannon fodder.

The useless war was started by Putin.

No.

The useless war was started by Kiev when they were shelling, for FOUR YEARS, areas of Ukraine that are majority Russian speakers before Russia finally decided to intervene.

Ukraine CHOSE to violate the Minsk accords.

And this "choice" of military or public service is a mirage, for gullible dolts.
They are introducing this conscription for no other reason than Ukraine is running out of cannon fodder.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It isn't conscription and anyone who chooses military service will not be going to fight in Ukraine. Or anywhere else.

Let's stay on topic here.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It isn't conscription and anyone who chooses military service will not be going to fight in Ukraine. Or anywhere else.

Let's stay on topic here.

Yeah, right.

The check is in the mail.

The fact they are raising the issue of conscription when Ukraine is running out of soldiers is just "coincidence".

Hello ??
How gullible are you ?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It's an election gimmick. And it is not "conscription" as it is voluntary.

No one is suggesting UK troops in Ukraine. Except your good self.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join