It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: Do you guys/gals think that the ETs help make the pyramids?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i don't believe anything, i simply don't know.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Whats been posted numerous times is the fact a multi-ton rock would have to be moved every 9 seconds to build the Pyramids in 20 years is pretty much the indication that something helped the Egyptians.

Pretty Interesting: National Geographic

National Geographic says for the Great Pyramid, a stone would have to be moved every 2 minutes 20 seconds.

Concrete techniques, sound, aliens, no written record of construction. It's hard to say...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I agree with the fact that it would be improbable to build a pyramid withing a 20-25 year time frame. Now it it was said that they started the pyramid at the birth of a pharaoh and then finished during their lifetime, I can accept that possibility.

Except that the life expectatancy was very short. Even for the Phoroah's living 25 years would be long.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Use your common sense mate.

No, E.T's did not help.
Egyptians wrote everything down, we got picture of it all, their everyday, their cooking places, EVERYTHING.

But no picture of aliens helping them building their pyramid?
They would be depicted in every corner of Egypt, if there came aliens down from their skies, and began to build their pyramids.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Yes, and I think that the pyramids might have had some ET purpose too. They are placed to represent certain constellations, namely Orion, with the Nile river even representing the Milky Way. There have been different speculations over the years as to their purpose, including star-gate, soul-gate, docking platform and even possibly power plants. They have odd acoustic properties as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Think people, ofcourse we were helped and taught how to create and build. Take the nasca lines for instance, why were they created if not for beings from the skys to appreciate and return there. Teotihuacan in mexico worshipped Quetzalcoatl the feathered serpent god and carvings show him in a vehicle of some sort pointing upwards. My belief is that mankind was genetically created by a race not of this planet and helped to evolve but we lost our knowelede through war and greed which we still have not regained as we are too disconnected from our real purpose and spiritual callings, which if ever we can reawake to we will initiate the knowelege and understanding of how this whole system is meant to operate and maybe, just maybe, have a world where all is equal and no one has to strain just to survive and have a comfortable life.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Just like the titlse says do you think that the ETs may have helped the ancients build some of their complex building and structures that some say would be always impossible with the technology from that era. Give me your thoughts and feeling about what you think.

(Not sure if there was a thread about this yet..)

Heres a link to a little article might shed a little light..kosmo.hubpages.com...

We humans are quick to blame something they do not understand on something they do not understand.

It is more plausible to assume that the piramids were built by humans with their own tec but long forgotten. There are indications that there was intelligent civilisation before our recorded history....but whiped from memory and history.

Somewhere on the internet there is a docu about how long it will take before every evidence of human presence is gone. It will take some 10.000 years and everything but some strong stone structures will be swallowed by nature. That is what we are looking at today....inca, mayan, aztec and egyptian remains.

The fact that primitive people lived and built their society around these 'impossible' constructions doesn't necessarily mean they are responsible for them. Certainly not when it is proven that the culture didn't posses the tools to make them.

If we will be whiped out tomorrow and a new low-tec society will arise they will probably think it is aliens who made the sattelite that crashed in their town.

That is what I think...

PS that doesn't mean we were never visited by e.t tho...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Outside help (ET or left over advance human race or something to that effect) with human slave labor force.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Myself I'd rather know as to WHY 'they' built it rather than WHO built it.
I think the pyramids are fascinating to everyone in the world. in my crazy head it was a race of mankind that is no longer amongst us, maybe they blew each other up during the great pre-historic 'Pyramid Race to Space Race'(jk)

I'm sure we've all read ideas of all sort when it comes to the Pyramids of Giza. Some are crazy, others are crazier.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

I was searching the thread when I came upon this explanation, just to make sure I was not the first to propose this...the idea that people would carve the stone and put it into place is so specious and fraught with logistical problems it is totally bankrupt...This structure was poured in place...nothing more, nothing less...except for the outer casement stones, which is what we do now...I saw someone else mention what we have left from modern structures in the event of a catastrophe...I submit the Hoover Dam would leave evidence of its existence...Now, did we carve out stones and roll them into place to accomplish the building of the Hoover Dam? Of course not...Davidovits...

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

and when you do your calculations they had to be shaped, transported and placed one 40 ton block every 2 seconds to have it built in 20 years.

Can you do those calculations for us here??

You failed to mention on key variable in measuring productivity: LABOR

Exactly, how manny Egyptians would it take to "shape, transport and place one 40 ton block every 2 seconds to have it built in 20 years"??

According to your sarcastic theory, couldn't it be possible to have an enourmous workforce that would allow, x no. of people to work on each block and have a great many number of blocks in production simultaneously??

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why cant they have molded the stones?
Much easier to transport the material, and then mold the stones on the site.

edit: someone beat me to it

Egyption pyramid stones were cast in molds

The Pyramids at Giza have more than 5 million blocks of limestone, until now believed to be CARVED stones, new evidences shows they were CAST with limestone concrete.

www.relevant-television.com...
edit on 12-11-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One thing is for sure... whether aliens or just plain ol' humans, they had more precise stone cutting equipment and architectural engineering than we have today.

In studying antiquities, I've found the educated people really were more intelligent and inventive before the age of the radio, television, and now internet. If they had a busy mind and liked having an activity, then they actually read, studied, and made it happen.

Luckily, educated modern people who limit their digital time also get smarter and make things happen (and of course, some people make things happen online, too).

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Who we call the Egyptians are actually displaced Atlantians. The Atlantians were known to have reddish-brown skin. The Atlantians used megalithic construction in there designs. We also know that the Atlantians were technologically advanced.This would help explained how Egypt just blossomed out suddenly They brought the tech with them. When there island home sank off the coast of Florida (Bermuda Triangle) , I belive they went East first .They setteled Egypt. Then they moved to South America (Native Americans) also with Nubians. The Nubians helped in construction. This would also help explain the Pyramids in South America. I belive that the Native Americans are decendants of the Atlantians.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Most people that I have talked to have different meanings as to what is an ET.

In Christian theology the very first thing that was recorded in the book of Genesis was the creation of the heaven of this earth but not to be confused as to mean the universe. In my understanding the heaven of this earth is the space that surrounds the earth and yet was not part of the universe till it was created. This leads me to believe that the creation of the earth and its heaven was done within the universe itself. In other words the universe existed prior to the creation of earth and its heaven.

There are others who disagree and insist that the entire universe was created in the Genesis account but I do not agree because of the fact that if we remove every existing physical existence from the universe you are still left with dark matter which is this mysterious existence of seemingly unending material. What this material is we do not understand but can be likened as a pot full of water. Remove the water but you still have the empty pot.

The reason for all of this digressing is simply to explain that the universe could very well have existed billions or trillions of our years before this earth and man was created. It does not conflict one bit with the Genesis account. The Genesis account records the first four days of this creation without time as we know it. The bible calls it generations of generating or generations of producing. Producing here would mean creating. These first four eras of creation were done without the clock of this world. Time was a creation which was instilled in this creation on the forth era of producing. In this light of understanding we could then understand that our time was created as the forth era came to a close.

Genesis, chapter six, account tells us that angels (ET’s) came down from heaven and mingled with the human creation. This heaven that they came from is assumed, by me, as being in this universe. So in my understanding the angels are ET’s who came from this universe and are not of the creation of this world.

The giants of the biblical era were recorded in the book of Enoch as being 300 cubits tall. By the standards of today that would be over 500 feet tall. The great pyramid of Cheops (Khufu) was a little over 480 feet tall. It is the belief of some that these celestial ET’s were the builders of the great stone structures not only in Egypt but throughout the world. Not provable by any means but something to chew on nevertheless. Is all of this feasible? Don’t really know. The books of Enoch are very interesting reading and might open your mind to more thoughts.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Definitely the pyramids prove aliens exist. I tried to put together a pile of stones the other day but couldn't. After phoning an outter space alien friend of mind, I was able to figure out how people make a pile of stones. Our brains simply cannot comprehend putting together piles despite all the training from Sesame Street and Legos. Messy piles we have mastered, but not neat piles.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes. I do believe there was 'outside' influence on the construction of the pyramids. There are many fascinating subjects surrounding the construction of them, such as divine acoustics being used to levitate the stones, and such.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm open to the idea, seems to me with pyramids all dating back to the same time period are spread all over the world. Just seems to me that aliens could be a possibility not so much as actually building them, but giving humans the knowledge to build them.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One of the early posters said the blocks were 40 tons, or 80,000 pounds each. If you had 1500 people pulling those blocks each, that would have been about 75 pounds apiece moving weight, less people pulling if they each drug 100 pounds each. There were likely a million or more people available to be beasts of burden. How many groups would you get in a half million? if the other half were prepping and gathering water and food for those dragging and themselves? It's said they only worked 3 months a year? I don't know where that came from, but if they did, surely they would prepare by filling the staging areas with raw material like blocks, and at the opportune time start assembly, thuss a population could work on preparing the stone, and then when it was time to place the stones, a huge percentage of that population could pull in groups. With a million man work force it could be done, though very ambitious, I think they could pull it off over twenty years or more give or take.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So maybe it was impossible to move these huge heavy Pyramid blocks around but who said that's how Pyramids were built? Look below.

Now read carefully, it would make more sense to bring the materials to the Pyramid building site, and construct the blocks already in place rather than drag them around, saves a lot of time if you ask me. Open up your mind. Now it's a known fact that these blocks are man made, blocks that look natural but are not. TV is interesting to watch and is very informative, but is it really informative? Stop following the brainwashing TV and legends. By thinking for yourself, you'll probably realize that National Geographic is just as in it to make money as any commercial business, and using brainwash techniques to "entertain" and "misinform" you is what they will do to fill their wallets. Do boring history shows with stale facts make money? Well I remember history class, hardly anybody was and is interested! If you were a producer for something like National Geographic with lots of money in mind, you'd be thinking, "How can we make our show more interesting? I got it! So let's spice it up with some controversial alien stuff and make outrageous claims that stimulate the mind... then we'll ramp up the viewers and ultimately our paychecks!"

It's not rocket surgery. Television has lost it's potential for the spread of useful information, it's mostly just an entertainment and manipulation medium now. But if you want to believe something like aliens building our stuff for us then go for it and have fun doing it! I just don't want to hear you say that aliens helped build our impressive skyscrapers and glass pyramids too, then you'll just have the entire pack looking at you a little funny.
Heh heh...

I'm interested in your opinions, tell me what you think about this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join