It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: Do you guys/gals think that the ETs help make the pyramids?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just like the titlse says do you think that the ETs may have helped the ancients build some of their complex building and structures that some say would be always impossible with the technology from that era. Give me your thoughts and feeling about what you think.

(Not sure if there was a thread about this yet..)

Heres a link to a little article might shed a little light..kosmo.hubpages.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
IMO - probably not.
I am open to the idea of more advanced civilizations in the distant past that are lost to history, with some circumstantial evidence left behind.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think ancient Egyptians certainly could make the pyramids on their own. I don't see how it would be impossible to create them over a period of several years with a large labor force.

There might have been some ingenuity or technology lost to the ages that our ancient ancestors knew, but I don't think they had to have extraterrestrials do it for them.

Some people consider this type of conspiracy thinking somewhat racist as well. Claiming Africans could not do this themselves without the help of extraterrestrials does sound a bit off, but I don't consider it a racist belief.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Pyramids can’t possible be built by the Egyptians; first of all, the Pyramid of Giza has about 2300000 stones that each weigh about 40 tons. Archeologists say that the Egyptians shaped those 40 ton stones with copper tools, which is pretty much impossible to get it that shape with copper tools. Second, the Egyptians couldn’t have built those, they worked 3 months out of a year, and when you do your calculations they had to be shaped, transported and placed one 40 ton block every 2 seconds to have it built in 20 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

I wasn't trying to be rascist I was just asking for the opinions for other ATSers on the subject because I have read things on the net that say its possible. Some historians have said to build that many pyramids it would have taken lifetimes. I was just thinking at which the rate they did, they may have had help..?

This is more for general knowledge then anything I'm not really sure if I believe it or not thats why I was asking in the first place basically, and its something I have wondered about before.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Depends...ET that are of not human origin or are ancestors from a different planet? I truly believe we were brought here from another area, whether it be because of a dying planet or they just wanted to see if life could be sustained on another planet.

I'm also open to the idea that we have no freaking clue as to how advanced this place may have been 10,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

To my knowledge, no evidence has been found to support that claim of extraterrestrials helping the ancient Egyptians. I still remain a little skeptical. Not giving credit to the ingenuity of our ancestors sort of labels them as incapable of great feats. However, Egyptologists saying that the Great Pyramid was built in 20 years, won't suffice for me. Especially giving the construction of these wonderful monuments to three kings based off what? Some graffiti written inside the Great Pyramid? There are no hieroglyphics stating that Khufu, Khafre & Menkaure built the three pyramids at Giza. Plus, the ancient Egyptians didn't leave us written records of how they were built.
edit on 11/11/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes, I believe the ancient Egyptians as well as many other ancient cultures around the world were, at the very least, guided by some sort of outside knowledge. It just seems highly improbably that the people of that time, given the tools and equipment available to them, could have built these structures within the time periods that history suggests. Something had to help them.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
to keep it short and simple, yes, IMHO, I do believe that E.T. could have had something to do with the construction of the pyramids. It does sound like one of the more logical answers for the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I believe we were much more advanced in the past than we are now. Additionally, humanity has become a less capable species imo.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes. I think they did. Where did they go?----------------------

link   
I agree with the fact that it would be improbable to build a pyramid withing a 20-25 year time frame. Now it it was said that they started the pyramid at the birth of a pharaoh and then finished during their lifetime, I can accept that possibility.

Mankind has a lot of potential, after all we haven't destroyed the earth yet.

To me, it does make more sense that there was either help, or a technology lost to us. Since I believe in ET, it does fit well to believe that idea.

Also, I think that people that believe in God should believe in ET. After all you cannot be from something you create and extra terrestrial means not from earth or outside the earth.

I also felt the article was very closed minded, bashing on any non conforming ideas when there isn't conclusive proof we took the whip to the labor force.

link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

It isnt that im not giving credit to them, it just seems really improable for them to be able to build as many as they have in that amount of time. I think its still possible they could have built them just would have taken decades (I would assume).

Are some of the pyramids lines up with some stars in the sky as well? Doesn't anyone find that a bit strange too?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

I agree on that.
"Coral Castle" suggests that too.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The tools available to them made it possible, but unimaginably difficult considering what they are attributed to have accomplished with those tools and the circumstances to their specific time period.

What could we build today that would be unimaginably difficult as a comparison?

I think that making this comparison would help us put things in a better perspective, but I can't think of anything that we only have the most rudimentary tools for. Considering copper chisels were probably considered high technology back then, it makes it even more difficult determining what 'high technology' we have to day that will be considered rudimentary in the far future.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

It isnt that im not giving credit to them, it just seems really improable for them to be able to build as many as they have in that amount of time. I think its still possible they could have built them just would have taken decades (I would assume).

Are some of the pyramids lines up with some stars in the sky as well? Doesn't anyone find that a bit strange too?

I see. I'm not saying that it wasn't possible that they could have contact with extraterrestrials, but maybe there is some "lost science" to us or method that they used to construct these monuments that we don't know about.

And the post by Regenstorm caught my eye too. The Coral Castle is AMAZING. Just how Edward Leedskalnin single-handedly moved all those stones into place is a huge mystery!

What if the ancient Egyptians utilized the same technique Edward Leedskalnin used. Apparently, he also knew the secrets to the construction of the pyramids. It's sad that he's no longer with us, however someone on this planet must know.
edit on 11/11/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I am fascinated by all ancient megalithic building. I am completely amazed by the sheer size and weight of the stones/building blocks used. How could ancient man accomplish such tasks?

Gebkli Tepe 11,000 years old (or older).

All statements about the site must be considered preliminary, as only about 5% of the site's total area has yet been excavated. Schmidt believes that the dig could well continue for another fifty years, "and barely scratch the surface."[5] Floor levels have been reached in three of the Layer III enclosures; enclosure B contains a terrazzo-like floor; in enclosures C and D the floors were found to be natural bedrock, carefully smoothed. So far, excavations have revealed very little evidence for residential use. Through the radiocarbon method, the end of Layer III can be fixed at c. 9000 BC; its beginnings are estimated to 11,000 BC or earlier. Layer II dates to about 8000 BC. Thus, the structures not only predate pottery, metallurgy, and the invention of writing or the wheel; they were built before the so-called Neolithic Revolution, i.e., the beginning of agriculture and animal husbandry around 9000 BC. But the construction of Göbekli Tepe implies organisation of an order of complexity not hitherto associated with Paleolithic, PPNA, or PPNB societies. The archaeologists estimate that up to 500 persons were required to extract the heavy pillars from local quarries and move them 100–500 metres (330–1,600 ft) to the site.[22] The pillars weigh 10–20-metric-ton (9.8–20 long tons; 11–22 short tons);with one found still in its quarry weighing 50 tons.

That is just one example there are literally dozens of others.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marzabeth

That is awesome. It's crazy it is that old 11,000. Simply amazing...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Kind of depends on how you look at it - - what/who you think ETs are - - or was there an advanced race of humans that was destroyed by technology - - and humans started over - - etc.

Lots of "IFs".

Seems to me the Coral Castle proves there is some knowledge about moving large stones - - but even that mystery is not solved (as far as I know).

I personally think humans are a creation by more evolved off planet beings. I think the pyramids are for a purpose we don't fully understand.

I think the Egyptians were repairing/maintaining the structures - - rather then building them.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So fascinating.

Most Egyptologists believe the Great Sphinx on the Giza plateau is about 4,500 years old. But that number is just that - a belief, a theory, not a fact. As Robert Bauval says in "The Age of the Sphinx," "there was no inscriptions - not a single one - either carved on a wall or a stela or written on the throngs of papyri" that associates the Sphinx with this time period. So when was it built? John Anthony West challenged the accepted age of the monument when he noted the vertical weathering on its base, which could only have been caused by long exposure to water in the form of heavy rains. In the middle of the desert? Where did the water come from? It so happens that this area of the world experienced such rains - about 10,500 years ago! This would make the Sphinx more than twice its currently accepted age. Bauval and Graham Hancock have calculated that the Great Pyramid likewise dates back to about 10,500 B.C. - predating the Egyptian civilization. This raises the questions: Who built them and why?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join