It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s great that Teslas pricing drops are now mainstream news items.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This has been talked about on many auto forums, though has not been bought up in the local media here.

Anyone would be upset that that new Tesla a few weeks after paying 60 thousand it has a price drop of 5000 dollars.

It’s a crap business practice as more than likely you have finance on the car and shelling out loan payments on a car that has depreciated through no fault of your own.

Tesla seem like nothing but a scam company, that do not care about the customer, it’s only getting the profit out the door.

When you go to sell if it trade it in, make sure you have finance gap cover.

This is not the first time Elon has done this.

I guess when no one is buying your cars now, as there are cheaper alternatives available, shy would you buy a Tesla.

Although why would you take the financial hit buyjng an electric car.

I am sure that a sane age and mileage petrol powered car would hold better value over a sane age and mileage electric.

www.news.com.au...

edit on 23-5-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
This has been talked about on many auto forums, though has not been bought up in the local media here.

Anyone would be upset that that new Tesla a few weeks after paying 60 thousand it has a price drop of 5000 dollars.

It’s a crap business practice as more than likely you have finance on the car and shelling out loan payments on a car that has depreciated through no fault of your own.

Tesla seem like nothing but a scam company, that do not care about the customer, it’s only getting the profit out the door.

When you go to sell if it trade it in, make sure you have finance gap cover.

This is not the first time Elon has done this.

I guess when no one is buying your cars now, as there are cheaper alternatives available, shy would you buy a Tesla.

Although why would you take the financial hit buyjng an electric car.

I am sure that a sane age and mileage petrol powered car would hold better value over a sane age and mileage electric.

www.news.com.au...

You do realize that happens with ICE cars too, right?

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Funny you are complaining about car depreciation so soon after a purchase. I was always told the value automatically drops to half after the paperwork is done and you drive it off the lot. Only then does it slowly loose value.

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I go realise that although it seems like prices are being manipulated, prices seem to go up and down depending on demand.

That’s smart though you gotta buy at the right time

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

Funny you are complaining about car depreciation so soon after a purchase. I was always told the value automatically drops to half after the paperwork is done and you drive it off the lot. Only then does it slowly loose value.

Technically if you drive a normal new vehicle off the lot, it depreciates 8-10 percent because now it is a used vehicle.

Not 50%

ETA... does nobody in the world online understand that the word "loose" is not the same as the word "lose"?

English is normally your first language on this forum.

Learn it!

edit on 100000005America/Chicago5pmThu, 23 May 2024 22:36:03 -050036 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I am not complaining, if you paid cash for the car, the loss isn’t as bad as should it be on finance where you are paying 5 or more thousand and this will impact your loss further at the end.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   

All cars are ridiculously expensive over here. Want a new Ford F150 truck? 80k out the door. Want a new Toyota or Honda or any car? 45k out the door. Want a kia? 35k out the door.

My car is 25 years old. Bought it cash from an old lady who drove nowhere. Runs great low miles for how old it is around 100k. Have had to do one major repair which was the supercharger pulleys and belt. Did myself and cheap.

I would never ever ever buy a tesla not even because it is electric. But because it seems to be really computerized. Nobody can probably work on these things if they break down other than tesla experts. And with that you get a huge bill. No thanks.

No car payment. No house payment. No problems.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Who the hell can afford 60K for a car?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I've heard that EVs are horrible in the resale market..largely due to warranties on the battery system being voided.
I am not a fan of any EV. Toyota hybrids are very solid. I think they use NIMH batteries instead of lithium and
typically last at least 20 yrs

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The batteries are a huge problem: charging, replacing, catching fire.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My personal opinion is at the speed of technology advancement EVs will get obsoleted in the next 5 years or so by something different. Hybrids, different fuels, and the mere fact that lithium is a finite resource will all come into play over the next 20 years or so.

Wouldn't it be hugely funny if the auto industry went full lithium in the 2040s just to find out it's unsustainable? Remember just because they found a bunch of new deposits doesn't mean it's a simple task to turn it into a useable ore. And then into batteries.

Also don't forget all the upgrades needed to get the electrical system to the point of simply being able to charge all those EVs. California currently can't keep the lights on in a heat wave. And they want to go all EV?

posted on May, 29 2024 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In PA, we're finding all the Li we need in the fracking water, as much as half the necessary for US production.

top topics

join