It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Skeptics' Ridiculous Explanations Of The Rendlesham Forest Events

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Good day ATS!

The way I see the alleged events is the following.

Either the events happened and they were really unexplained so something significant and extraordinary occured back then in a period of a fews days at the end of December 1980, or this is a fabrication by staff members of the base and their superiors for whatever reasons.

I can't accept that the people at the base, numerous military personnel, somehow lost their minds or were incredibly confused to the point they had mass hallucinations and they couldn't differentiate between what is real and what is a fantasy.

Online 'skeptics' have tried to explain away these events not by arguing they were fabricated but by bringing the most ridiculous explanations to try to discredit the military personnel

Mass Hallucinations
Planet Jupiter
Planet Mars
Swamp Gas
Pranksters
The Lighthouse...

The last one is definitely my favourite! A nearby lighthouse that had magical and supernatural powers to the point it tricked some of the members of the base but only for a few days. Then this lighthouse lost its magical powers and it doesn't look it had any of them prior to the alleged incidents. That's a hell of a coincidence!

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ernestc

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Is there any evidence for the claims made by this guy?

That's a very new claim but again it doesn't explain the accounts by the military personnel at that time.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ernestc
Mass Hallucinations

Hypnosis over a few patsies would be my first guess, coupled with evidence gathered after the event by those responsible for it to create the realistic scenario.

I feel sorry for those who still suffer the effects all these years later.

And "Professor Simon" is a bit of an attention seeker who loves his clickbait. He was on ATS but got banned for posting in a rediculous fashion I think. Shame, seems like a nice enough guy but has some very crazy concepts even for here.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Mass Hallucinations

Hypnosis over a few patsies would be my first guess, coupled with evidence gathered after the event by those responsible for it to create the realistic scenario.

I feel sorry for those who still suffer the effects all these years later.

And "Professor Simon" is a bit of an attention seeker who loves his clickbait. He was on ATS but got banned for posting in a rediculous fashion I think. Shame, seems like a nice enough guy but has some very crazy concepts even for here.

When was that?
Didn't know this guy was an ATS member.

Realistically speaking all these explanations given by 'skeptics' are way too ridiculous and my opinion is the people at the base were not stupid or naive to confuse unexplained events with Mars, Jupiter, and the lighthouse.

I can't say what happened back then but there are two scenarios in my mind, either these events are true or fabricated.
edit on 22-5-2024 by Ernestc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I heard it was SAS/SBS playimg a joke on US troops and/or creating a diversion as part of regular penetration testing of US nuke sites in UK and Europe.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
In all the investigations and studies of RFI ……Has anybody ever entertained, disqualified, discounted….in depth, that perhaps …. those pesky practical joking contracted British cooks for the base mess hall …..might have spiked the food with local Rendelsham Forest wild mushrooms in the late night shift’s food??

Hmmmm 😳

Fitting that the author’s first name is “Simon”……….since Professor Simon …….looks like he’s been on magic shrooms for decades..😆

Or……Magic shrooms (like L.S.D. Experiments) was being intentionally experimented with on select personnel (like security forces) at the base….by way of mixed into their food. Which means one of the cooks could have been a CIA operative….doubling as a cook…for purposes of the experiment. Of course base command personnel on the night shift, might have had magic shrooms mixed in meals those nights as well.

It only takes one person to trigger a hallucination that others start imagining and then seeing themselves under the influence of magic shrooms.

Here’s an analogy….and another possibility..

This Hallucinogenic Fungus Might Be Behind the Salem Witch Trials The trials have confounded historians for centuries. Some scientists think a toxic fungus from rotten grain might be responsible.

Bad Bread

Behavioral psychologist Linnda Caporael first suggested the possibility in 1976 when she was a doctoral student in psychology. She argued the summer of 1691 had been wet and hospitable for ergot, a type of fungus that grows on grain — typically rye — in wet conditions.

The fungus, Claviceps purpurea, resembles grain when it grows on the crop. Until the 1800s, farmers assumed it was part of the plant and they put it through the mill without realizing it was a toxic fungus.

But ergot is also a hallucinogenic; L.S.D., most notoriously, is derived from it. Once ingested, there are two responses to ergot poisoning, or ergotism: Convulsive ergotism causes fits, hallucinations, mania, or delirium, while gangrenous ergotism leads to necrotic tissue.

In her landmark paper in Science, Caporael was the first to suggest that the Salem Witch Trials were caused by contaminated grain. The more the villagers of Salem ate bread that had been baked using grain stores from the 1691 harvest, she argued, the more they ingested the toxin and then experienced its side effects — including hallucinations

The bottom line…….intentionally spiked or unknowingly contaminated food served at the base mess hall…could have, in theory, been a catalyst for RFI.

Imo

One of the questions posed to each and every one affected by the RFI……should have been…. “What did you have to eat and drink on the nights of the observations?”…. and document and analyze the answers, looking for consistencies.

👽☕️🍩
edit on 22-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I heard it was SAS/SBS playimg a joke on US troops and/or creating a diversion as part of regular penetration testing of US nuke sites in UK and Europe.

You heard...

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

It is a possibility given the weirdness experienced. Even the idea of some sort of experimental field generator affecting the military personnel. I doubt it though.

I think the Professors claim is worth looking into regarding the triangular shape of the object.

edit on 22-5-2024 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It is a possibility given the weirdness experienced. Even the idea of some sort of experimental field generator affecting the military personnel. I doubt it though.

I think the Professors claim is worth looking into regarding the triangular shape of the object.

Surely if that was true similar events and experiments should have occured not just once or twice within a few days at the end of December 1980 but at different times too. There is nothing on record prior or after these alleged events which makes them quite interesting.
edit on 22-5-2024 by Ernestc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

But that explanation has been the only one that has been used since the first sighting of a string of swift, unusual-looking craft since June 24, 1947--if one wants to overlook the multiple reports of so-called "Foo" fighters during WWII and/or the Los Angeles object that refused to be shot down in 1942.

Due to the direct efforts of TPTB to smother the idea of ETs in our midst for almost 80 years is a slow, reluctant awaking for much of the public. Too bad we have had to get over the long lump of our own self-importance in the Universe.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Perhaps worth looking into in the sense of how the Mogul spy balloon crash gave rise to the Roswell affair.

I'm not saying that's true just perhaps interesting.

The idea being that the relevant agencies use 'aliens' as a cover story.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

This is like spinning in circles. You could try part 1 here and move onto part two.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then scour the net for all other stuff tucked away.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Fitting that the author’s first name is “Simon”……….since Professor Simon …….looks like he’s been on magic shrooms for decades..😆

That's funny Ophi. Not only has he latched on to Burroughs but is now busy with Jack Sarfatti who stayed at his home.

They are time machines bla bla.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Perhaps worth looking into in the sense of how the Mogul spy balloon crash gave rise to the Roswell affair.

I'm not saying that's true just perhaps interesting.

The idea being that the relevant agencies use 'aliens' as a cover story.

I get your point but like you I can't say if this is true. They claim (US Army) the weather and spy balloons are to blame for various UFO sightings. And honestly this could be true for SOME UFO sightings. In my understanding there is a good number of unexplained sightings. Other than this it's ok to listen to other views.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The aim of the thread is to highlight the desperate attempts by 'skeptics' to discredit everyone who has a sighting or has experienced something extraordinary. From swamp gas to weather balloons to supernatural lighthouses we all get the idea that the truth bothers the establishment. I am not saying all of these sightings are unexplained or that aliens have visited earth.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The aim of the thread is to highlight the desperate attempts by 'skeptics' to discredit everyone who has a sighting or has experienced something extraordinary.

But thought it was about the RFI.

I gave you threads to work through which is where the more serious research was conducted.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This guy is throwing confusion into the mix ie. secret, secret, secret. He can say that all day long because of it being "secret" no one can prove anything at all. Just a small reminder, the US security detail was sent out from the US base at Bentwaters not RAF Woodbridge even though Woodbridge housed US fighter squadrons.
One must understand Bentwaters was the one and only main US nuclear strike bomber station and it would be very very foolish and irresponsible to trick their personnel even by any "secret" recovery team. So the next question should be. OK, a secret recovery of a secret satellite, so where did they recover it to, RAF Woodbridge or US Bentwaters?

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: baablacksheep1

👽😆🤭
edit on 22-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The aim of the thread is to highlight the desperate attempts by 'skeptics' to discredit everyone who has a sighting or has experienced something extraordinary. From swamp gas to weather balloons to supernatural lighthouses we all get the idea that the truth bothers the establishment. I am not saying all of these sightings are unexplained or that aliens have visited earth.

Well perhaps this is closer to your point…..as an example 😉

👽😆🍺

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join