It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Skeptics' Ridiculous Explanations Of The Rendlesham Forest Events

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: Ernestc

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: EduardoLopez

originally posted by: nerbot

Mass Hallucinations

Hypnosis over a few patsies would be my first guess, coupled with evidence gathered after the event by those responsible for it to create the realistic scenario.

I feel sorry for those who still suffer the effects all these years later.

And "Professor Simon" is a bit of an attention seeker who loves his clickbait. He was on ATS but got banned for posting in a rediculous fashion I think. Shame, seems like a nice enough guy but has some very crazy concepts even for here.

When was that?
Didn't know this guy was an ATS member.

Realistically speaking all these explanations given by 'skeptics' are way too ridiculous and my opinion is the people at the base were not stupid or naive to confuse unexplained events with Mars, Jupiter, and the lighthouse.

I can't say what happened back then but there are two scenarios in my mind, either these events are true or fabricated.

You keep bitching about skeptics' explanations yet you don't provide any skeptics' criticizing comments and your opinion is not based on direct knowledge, it is based on your belief system.

It's the 'skeptics' who have come up with these ridiculous explanations. Any reasonable person will not even consider the lighthouse and swamp gas or weather balloons and planet Mars. It's just an insult to the intelligence of the people at the base and the readers here.

I haven't heard of swamp gas, weather balloons or the planet Mars mentioned in this thread or regarding Rendlesham. That's all coming from you.

Arbitrageur addressed some points and the lighthouse but somehow you don't like that. It is reasonable to consider the lighthouse as the source, in fact it probably is.

I ve mentioned all these 'potential' explanations from what I ve read over the years on the topic. Don't tell me you haven't come across any of them and it's only the lighthouse explanation you ve heard of. There could be even more from the ones I ve mentioned.

There are many ridiculous claims made regarding UFOs. I don't think your list applies to the Rendlesham affair. There is nothing ridiculous about the 'lighthouse' explanation, for some of what went down. It's ridiculous to ignore it.

I have no idea why you would think I'd want to censor a thread.

Anyway I'll leave you to it.

I agree there are ridiculous claims made regarding UFOs. My focus though is on the explanations given after the alleged events on Rendlesham Forest and my position is clear, it's either real or fabricated. My list does apply to the Rendlesham Forest events and it's not only the lighthouse used as a possible explanation, there are many, among them planet mars and mass hallucinations.

Another explanation offered by a poster earlier in this thread

"SAS/SBS playing a joke on US troops and/or creating a diversion as part of regular penetration testing of US nuke sites in UK and Europe."

edit on 23-5-2024 by Ernestc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Ernestc

Been interested in the Rendlesham UFO for decades , I remember the excitement of downloading Lt Col Charles Halt's audio recording of the incident on a dial up connection , after years of research including ATS threads from knowledgeable members my conclusion is the Lighthouse mixed with the base Christmas festivities are most likely the explanation not Aliens.

Opinions may vary.

The reason I don't think it's the lighthouse and lights from the Christmas festivities it's because it happened only for a few days in 1980. If the lighthouse was so confusing and created different light effects then others prior and after the alleged events should have given us similar reports. I can't find anything allegedly happen before or after these events.

No - because the lighthouse light was only seen after they had left the base (having initially been drawn out by red and blue lights spotted amongst the trees). No-one from the base (or, indeed, anywhere else) had any reason to be in that part of the forest at night on any other occasion - or, if they did, they knew that the flashing light seen exactly due east, exactly where the lighthouse was, was the lighthouse!

Furthermore, 2 of the USAF personnel admitted in their original statements that it was, indeed, the lighthouse that they saw!

Note also that no-one else - include more experienced personnel from Bentwaters - saw anything out of the ordinary. Nor did anyone, at the time*, from outside the base.

* there were later claims of lights seen in the sky - but these reports were only made several years later and were not made by people living in the Butley area**, and cannot therefore be verified.

** Butley being the nearest village
edit on 23-5-2024 by WaESN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WaESN

Been interested in the Rendlesham UFO for decades , I remember the excitement of downloading Lt Col Charles Halt's audio recording of the incident on a dial up connection , after years of research including ATS threads from knowledgeable members my conclusion is the Lighthouse mixed with the base Christmas festivities are most likely the explanation not Aliens.

Opinions may vary.

The reason I don't think it's the lighthouse and lights from the Christmas festivities it's because it happened only for a few days in 1980. If the lighthouse was so confusing and created different light effects then others prior and after the alleged events should have given us similar reports. I can't find anything allegedly happen before or after these events.

No - because the lighthouse light was only seen after they had left the base (having initially been drawn out by red and blue lights spotted amongst the trees). No-one from the base (or, indeed, anywhere else) had any reason to be in that part of the forest at night on any other occasion - or, if they did, they knew that the flashing light seen exactly due east, exactly where the lighthouse was, was the lighthouse!

Furthermore, 2 of the USAF personnel admitted in their original statements that it was, indeed, the lighthouse that they saw!

Note also that no-one else - include more experienced personnel from Bentwaters - saw anything out of the ordinary. Nor did anyone, at the time*, from outside the base.

* there were later claims of lights seen in the sky - but these reports were only made several years later and were not made by people living in the Butley area**, and cannot therefore be verified.

None of them has ever attributed (from the main characters of the story) the events at Rendlesham Forest to the lighthouse. If you walk in the Forest you will probably see the lights from the lighthouse too but that shouldn't be conflated to the actual accounts.

Declassified documents exist from the MOD in regards to the case. I don't think the MOD and any other agency would spent time, effort, and resources to examine supernatural lighthouses.
edit on 23-5-2024 by Ernestc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 5/23/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Opinions may vary.

None of them has ever attributed (from the main characters of the story) the events at Rendlesham Forest to the lighthouse.

Cabansag, for example, admits that "what we were chasing was only a beacon light off in the distance"

www.ianridpath.com...

And the local police also stated that all they saw was the lighthouse

www.ianridpath.com...

Also worth reading this in full:

www.ianridpath.com...

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Opinions may vary.

None of them has ever attributed (from the main characters of the story) the events at Rendlesham Forest to the lighthouse.

Cabansag, for example, admits that "what we were chasing was only a beacon light off in the distance"

www.ianridpath.com...

And the local police also stated that all they saw was the lighthouse

www.ianridpath.com...

Also worth reading this in full:

www.ianridpath.com...

At one point while they were chasing the object or objects they would had come across the lights from the lighthouse. If people try to conflate these two to explain away the event I don't think it's working.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   
youtu.be...

He must had a lucid dream that still remembers very clear to this day.

Sorry, he passed in 2021 but look at his eyes as he reveals the sci-fi novel he's been working on?

Mass hallucination you wish lol

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: metawho
youtu.be...

He must had a lucid dream that still remembers very clear to this day.

Sorry, he passed in 2021 but look at his eyes as he reveals the sci-fi novel he's been working on?

Mass hallucination you wish lol

Who passed in 2021?

Charles Halt still has a pulse and collaborating on a possible feature film…

👽☕️🍩
edit on 24-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Who died 👀.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Every lighthouse, and foghorn for that matter, has a set frequency. In the audio of the night, the sightings tie in exactly with the light sequence of the lighthouse.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Charles Halt still has a pulse and collaborating on a possible feature film…
But did he ever sell enough books to put his daughter through college?

I remember someone wanted to interview him, and he didn't want to reveal things in the interview because he said he had a daughter to put through college. So obviously he was thinking of ways to monetize his mistaking the flashing lighthouse for a flashing UFO.

originally posted by: unifaun2
Every lighthouse, and foghorn for that matter, has a set frequency. In the audio of the night, the sightings tie in exactly with the light sequence of the lighthouse.
Yes, orford ness lighthouse had a 5 second interval, and the time between UFO flashes on Halt's audio tape was a perfect match to that, which pretty much identifies the UFO, that and the position where Halt was at the time, combined with the heading to the UFO being a match (within reasonable accuracy) to the heading of the lighthouse.

Skeptoid synced a clip of Halt's audio tape to show the perfect match to the lighthouse frequency. Speaking of ridiculous explanations as the title of the thread suggests, believers who deny the lighthouse was involved strain credulity to come up with excuses why the timing is a perfect match to the audio tape, some of the best UFO evidence we ever had by the way, we usually don't have anything that good, and when we finally get it, believers want to ignore the evidence. They try to claim the tape was sped up or slowed down, and Halt's own excuse for why it's a match is that he was starting and stopping the recording, and maybe that explains it...except when you listen to the tape in the spot with the frequency match, it's a continuous recording in that spot, so that's just BS from Halt.

Halt is guilty of many other sins, like saying the lighthouse was 40 degrees to the right, when you can see the photo on Ridpath's site showing it's not, it's lined up perfectly with the farmhouse where Halt said he saw the UFO! Halt is not the only one lying, Penniston's porkie pies are now legendary, and countless others have probably spread more misinformation on the Rendlesham Forest case than any other UFO case in history.

Col Halt’s iffy affidavit Rewriting history at Rendlesham

Unfortunately, this product of his 30-year-old memory differs so substantively from what he said and wrote at the time, on his tape recording and in his memo to the MoD, that it would be destroyed in a court of law.

The most obvious inconsistencies are as follows:

1. In Paragraph 6 of the affidavit Halt reiterates his claim first made over a decade after the incident that the Orford Ness lighthouse was as much as 40 degrees to the right of the unknown light. (At the time of the incident, no mention was made of the lighthouse at all, just an unidentified flashing light.) As maps and photographs of the site make clear, from Halt’s position at the edge of the forest the lighthouse was not 40 degrees to the right. Rather, as the skeptics have long pointed out, it was almost in line with a farmhouse across the field in front of him, the same direction in which he saw his unknown light. His claim that the lighthouse was as much as 40 degrees to the right of the UFO is unfounded...

Ian Ridpath has a photo on his site of the lighthouse being exactly where Halt said the UFO was, proving it was not 40 degrees to the right as Halt claimed. Halt was confused because of the twin bases and he had seen the lighthouse from the other base, where it was more to the right. It's actually denials that he was looking at the lighthouse for at least some of the time that are ridiculous.

Maybe Halt also saw some other lights too, that the lighthouse doesn't explain, but the denial that lighthouse explains at least some of what happened must be a desperate desire to either believe in some kind of UFO religion, or else someone made this thread with a completely BS claim, to try to drum up interest for some upcoming book or movie (which would make it an attempt at viral marketing, against the T&C of ATS).

edit on 2024525 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Still waiting to hear who died.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

This thing with the lighthouse cannot explain the incident even in the slightest and it's quite disingenuous to argue Halt and others described a lighthouse back then.

A much older video prior to the explosion of the internet era.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: baablacksheep1

Still waiting to hear who died.

That was posted by metawho…BB

👽☕️🍩

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Uploaded 13 days ago….Ross Coulthart grills Halt in an older interview…April 2009 (Halt was 70) …..specific grilling on the lighthouse starts at 00:40:20 to 00:42:45…

Vid dialogue verbatim….

RC- You're convinced that they were there that night.

CH- I'm firmly convinced there was something there that night.

RC- One thing I haven't put to you properly is the skeptics suggest that on your tape the audio of your description of the frequency of the light, there was a flashing light there on the object that you were seeing. Can you describe that flashing light?

CH- The flashing light was actually the object was I say winking, blinking, whatever. Now I can't say that Bruce Anglin is the one that says there's the light, there's the light or something. I can't say that at that point he wasn't looking at the lighthouse. I don't know what he was looking at. I was looking at a red object in front of the farmer's house.

RC- Okay, but let's talk about what you saw. Let's go with your first person knowledge. Did you see a flashing strobing light on the unexplained object?

CH- No, all I saw was equivalent of a winking as best I can describe. It's sort of like the center of the eye moved a little bit.

RC- Is it the case that the winking that you saw matched the frequency of the flashing of the lighthouse?

CH- I don't know because at that point I didn't…you know I was not correlating the flashing light at the lighthouse because I was ignoring the lighthouse. The lighthouse was a beam that was there.

RC- So let's just go back a bit. You had seen a winking on the object, the unexplained object. On the tape there is a voice where the voice reports seeing a flashing light.

CH- That would be Bruce Anglin.

RC- That's not you.

CH- No, that's not me.

RC- So is it possible that when Bruce Anglin was describing a flashing light he was actually looking at the lighthouse?

CH- That's certainly possible. I don't know because I have no idea what he was looking at.

RC- So when the skeptics make much of the frequency of the light that's flashing matching the frequency of the lighthouse, that's not the light that you're describing?

CH- No, I was ignoring the lighthouse.

RC- You knew where the lighthouse was?

CH- Yes, I saw the lighthouse.

RC- There's no doubt in your mind.

CH- No, I used to go out to the pub in Orford. There's a very good pub that had fantastic food out there and with good prices. Used to go out there and have dinner from time to time. And I've been on Orford Island where the lighthouse is.

RC- So the lighthouse light flashing away separately was completely distinguishable from what you were seeing.

CH- That's correct.

RC- OK, let's go back to the post incident.

Uploaded 7 years ago…

And then there’s this…..just to throw in for the ATS record in case it hasn’t been mentioned before…

Former Air Force Colonel claims he has new evidence that aliens visited Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk in 1980

Written statements from radar operators who allegedly witnessed the UFO flying across their scopes have been obtained by Colonel Charles Halt

Doug Bolton Wednesday 15 July 2015 00:48 BST

👽☕️🍩
edit on 26-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes but Meta who ha has not enlightened us?

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: baablacksheep1

Yes but Meta who ha has not enlightened us?

Unfortunately……not. Come and gone like the four winds…

Any hoot…movin on.

👽

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
From my previous posting with the dialogue from the 2009 interview between Ross Coulthart and Charles Halt……it seems to me that it’s Bruce Anglin (or England? the voice to text switched between the two…I used the Anglin) ….that should be questioned about the flashing lights since Halt is saying he knew the difference between the lighthouse and its beam, versus the blinking winking eye he was focused on between him and the farm house.

Is this whole flashing lights associated with the lighthouse should be attributed to Bruce Anglin instead…..since the flashing lights mentioning on the audio tape was his voice and not Halt’s….according to Halt…..all of this time?

If so……what a folly to UFOlogy…what a mix up.

Update….the name is Bruce ‘Englund’

👽🤔🤭
edit on 26-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Draft dodging and pseudo sceptic Joe Nickell came up with a doozy of wacky debunk attempt on some details of the Rendlesham case, one of which he claimed the equilateral impressions left by some object were nothing more than "rabbit diggings".

Ridiculous explanations like this come right out of the Blue Book debunk handbook.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes moving on.
A Simon Holland movie of Rendlesham seems to be the next project.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join