It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in something that is ALIVE??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I'm not sure your right, I didn't detect sarcasm, maybe my sarcasm detector is broken.

Inability to detect sarcasm is one of the symptoms of dementia! Are you demented? LOL

Thread about demetia and sarcasm

Yahoo news article

Yes, I, too, am sure we are in something alive. I suspect we are constituents (and our whole universe is a part of) of a 4 dimensional living being. It would explain a lot, to my way of thinking.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Finally someone who sees this too. From the time I was a child and learned the paths of the planets, solar systems, then atoms, I saw the simililarities between planets and atoms. Later on in life I thought of the atoms that make up our bodies could be tiny worlds, planets, solar systems and miniature universes. Our own planet has 2 seperate charges, positive and negative, so that would make it a neutron but i'm unsure if there are any planets with only a positive charge or negative charge. Maybe the laws of physics change as the dimensions change, or we have only scratched the surface and learned the few laws we know with more to come. Then made a connection. We are 3 dimensional. I've never heard of anyone talk of the other 2 dimensions below us, or much on anything above us. Could they be inside of us and could we be part of a larger divine organism? Infinite paralell universes from the second dimension inhabiting each of us, possibly all throughout the 3rd dimension, and inhabiting them the 1st dimension. Coming from a native american background with teachings that all life is connected helped a lot. Thanks for the extra info everybody, I love this site

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes we are indeed a part of something much larger and alive. There is no doubt of this in my mind.

What is the living organism of which we exist in? Is it a human? A tree? An apple? An insect? What?

See because each of these are universes of their own are they not. Each consisting of atoms (stars, planets etc...) and cells (galaxies) which make up the larger whole.

When we zoom out into the far reaches of our universe we begin to see clusters of galaxies and clusters of those clusters which reveal some sort of structure to it.

The big bang theory in my mind:

Imagine an apple seed placed in the ground and imagine observing this on a molecular or atomic level- now under the right conditions- BOOM- that micro-moment explosion of growth- the sprout of life- the big bang. Cells begin to form then multiply and over and over again until it forms a structure ( in this case a tree) of something living.... pushing out into a void above ground ( and underground- roots) ....

It is said that our universe is expanding in one direction-- is this the growth of what ever we are a part of...

I dunno- my 2c

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I realy do think we are on to something here! What are your ideas on black holes? The whole concept of time (Although created by humans exists as another important aspect in the universe!)

Beware however science, language, time, religion, etc... Were are created by humans!

This is why i am skeptical about this theory! We do not have a clue, just crazy ideas made up by someone sitting around thinking about life and how we exist!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
***UPDATED****

not going to update the first thread going to add here
makes it easy if people wish to read the first part then land here after reading other views.. Kinda like mini adventure into the unknown!! lol

Ok here is a picture to get the mind going abit. I have lots of text to go with it but i shall update after some reactions.

Should give one a better understanding !!

I'm afraid that wouldn't work, the distance from the nucleus to the first electron is something like 10^5 scale (if the nucleus was a grape seed the distance to the first electron would be the size of a football field) Plus the whole orbit thing is just a visual representation it most probably works in a wavy stringy way.. try reading this Bohr radius and this

For this theory to work you're gonna have to think of an atom as something a lot bigger than the solar system, probably on a galactic to universal scale, but if the image supplied is merely meant as a introduction to the idea then it would be OK

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

I think time would be relative to size for something small time would appear to go much faster than something large, although the differences in size would have to be absolutely immense, think about it some types of energies only exist for nanoseconds in our time. If these energies are in fact nanoverses (coined) and have a similar lifespan as our universe (estimated as a few googleplexi) then the differences in the perception of time is almost non relational.. weird.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Maybe not even something living... maybe just part of some problematic non disposable plastic bag suffocating a giant fish like creature.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i've always considered the 'matrix' theory. even before the movies i thought we might be part of something bigger. an organism, a game or even a tv show.

a child's imagination? genetic memory? idk...lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hey i been on this site and alot of this stuff is very intresting hey i think that ur theory is kinda right .. i heard some siencetist talk about that those other universe are called brains ... and his theory was some wat like urs but just that he used bigger words ur was just put in simlpe understandble words..lol .. and yea we do live on something that lives .. and she or he not happy wat were doing to our earth ... and it will do something about it .. earth quaks .....floods....fires.(volcanoes)....ect .,,, u know how they say ur creator is ur destroyer .. ... well iv heard that before ... 2012 .......:0 lets go watch the new movie the day the earth stood still

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
I realy do think we are on to something here! What are your ideas on black holes? The whole concept of time (Although created by humans exists as another important aspect in the universe!)

Beware however science, language, time, religion, etc... Were are created by humans!

This is why i am skeptical about this theory! We do not have a clue, just crazy ideas made up by someone sitting around thinking about life and how we exist!

A black hole is a hole in our universe that leads to parralel universe and shortcuts to places in our universe. A controlled "blackhole" was used as a ....gate, to harness what..can be inside .

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

The planet is alive so is the universe. I can remember looking at a picture of the earth and it looks like a human egg. You know the little tiny one that female humans produce sitting in total darkness glowing. Well the planets look the same. It's cool with me that everything is alive. Just accept it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

sorry man, you really didnt prove anything. I'm not trying to go against what you are saying, its a legitimate theory, but thats all it is a theory. There is no reason to automatically think your "brain" is able to "cope" when ours cant. Me and my buddies thought that the whole universe was an atom on the tip of another beings' fingernail, or in another beings' eye, and thats when we were ten. All I'm saying is, if you are willing to defend your "realization" you need to think about it more.

I'm going to keep reading so I can add more to my reply...

"infinity also a odd number" - infinity is not an odd number, its not even a number, whatever number you could say it is, its that plus/multiplied, by that number, its unimaginable

you say you want to show us how you arrived at some given conclusion, when all you really did was guess? like Unknown said, how did you get to 3. How did you decide that we are in a cell? If you purely went on a "dividing" idea, then couldnt we be on bacteria? or we could even be on a asexual beast, that keeps cloning itself?

I want to know how you actually got to this idea, even in your native language, i'll translate it, i dont care, i want to know, because now its either a joke topic, or a topic from a wacko until there is some actual understandability behind all of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have thought about this for many years (more than I care to admit) and have spent a great deal of time reading and studying different philosophies. The Yogi philosophy came the closest to answering my initial questions about life and the universe, but still lacked a core idea that would tie it all up into one acceptable package for me. It did, however, provide me with a tool (meditation) that eventually provided me with a tool to use in my search for an explanation that "felt" right for me, and is, as follows:

The universe is a "living entity". It was born and it grows in much the same way as any other complex organism, as it increases in size, it also "matures" in intellect. A baby develops through infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, and becomes, eventually, aged and ultimately passes away.

This universe is in the toddler stage. It is beginning to explore itself. Life is the means the universe uses to accomplish it's own self awareness and intellectual growth. Through the evolutionary achievement of man and abstract thought, the universe is becoming self aware. As we question the complexity of the universe and strive to look farther into it's vastness and our exploration of the subatomic soup that gives rise to everything, we are expanding our knowledge and, at the same time the universe, through us, is discovering itself.

But, of course, we (humans) are just a small part of the process. All life, here and elsewhere in the universe, is achieving the same end. Combined, the life of the universe and the intelligence contained in that life is helping the universe to realize it's own life. It feels through us and all other living things, and begins to see itself through our eyes and our technology.

We are made of the same material, the same atoms and electrons, quarks and leptons and the same energy that makes up the entire universe. We are no different than the single living cell in your liver, or heart, or brain, or even in your big toe. These cells are living organisms, they live and die without our even being aware of it. A constant cycle of birth and death going on in our bodies every minute of day of our lives. And, so, we are doing likewise in the living universe. Without life in the universe, the universe cannot live.

I admire anyone who asks the question "Who am I, what is my purpose?" Too many people I know (and love) are content to be told what to believe and never have the courage, or the mind, to ask the important questions. It has been a long journey to find my philosophy, but I'm glad I asked the questions and sought out my own answers.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

this is a much better description than TheResults. Dave, you give a much more clear way of explaining it, but i think what the OP's talking about is that there he used math to figure this out, and logic, not spirituality.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have always believed this to be true since I was about 14, I came up with this same theory myself. I really don't think it's a stretch for people to come to the same conclusion. What got me thinking this was if you look at a diagram of an atom you can see at the center is the nucleus and there are many round electrons that vary in type but all orbit around the nucleus, round and round. Identical to how we orbit our sun. What makes an oxygen atom or iron atom is its layout of electrons that orbit the nucleus so why they all look basically the same it's the slight differences in amount of electrons and spacing that makes them different, when we look at other solar systems we see the same exact thing, differences in planets and orbiting patterns.

Or it is possible that whole galaxies are atoms and suns are the electrons. It all fits in with the sudden birth of the universe and how it is expanding (growing) until we reach the big rip when atoms will no longer be able to sustain their composition and the universe itself will die. Just like when we get older are cells begin to deteriorate. If the universe can die then it must be alive. Scientists know that dark matter makes up most of the composition of the universe and is the driving force behind the universe and life itself, maybe dark energy is blood and just like a cell we are wrapped up in it's goo.

Topic creator, this isn't crazy, I am absolutely certain that it is true. Maybe we humans and aliens are like virus's or cancer slowly damaging and ever spreading, maybe the different races are vying organisms competing for domination or equilibrium.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

Righty here we go long post time!!

for one you are correct i can not PROVE tho i can give a reasonble solution to what it is i didnt ask..

You see this thread really is not about the cell or god or the big big question.. its the outcome of something im still looking for and thats the reason for odd numbers "or the elogical side of life" or infinity or whatever one will call it..

Infinity is a measurment of ones capaticy to think its a loop! loops loops and symmitry

Did i guess? Nope i read books I have been on the planet for many years and 20 of them questioning this question so to speak..

Getting to 3 as maths took me along time to work out why? becouse i kept thinking of THE MATHS and not WHO IS USING IT ie ME is that not maths sir? the one who will use it does not calculate him INTO his her own question??

Im calculating ME into a very simple sum that everyone can understand.. Now if you fail to see what im trying to get at here is there is a LOGIC behind the maddness of this we dont understand and the reason why is infinity!! why do i use this word? becouse what we are in is MASSVIE not infinite... just so big ur brain cant cope and YES there is an end to IT dont ask me why there just is..

I will die and my matter will go to the physical and my "energy" will go to the universe from once it came "just in another from" i guess.. right?

So what happens to all this so called energy the universe has? will it big crunch like it big banged? NO it wont becouse thats NOT RIGHT nor it sane

Hence read more books... You see life refected in everything my THEROY was a MISTAKE or well not a mistake but I didnt set out to say well hey we live in a bug "or whatever" IT was the result of trying to find the answer to another question "odd numbers"...

Now an odd number IS infinity its 1.000000000000+add as many as u like

Now i know you will argue the case but it is true so is PI get it? 1 circul is used to determin PI just one not one line self repeating..

If we are all indeed In something that has a pattern to it "as we see in nature and in the cosmos" then take a leap of faith and understand that we are IT and IT is us in away so to use maths without using ME is stupid to say the least!! becouse im a calculation the universe calculated ME ..

So i used its OWN laws ON IT see what i mean? not maths but the laws of the universe to understand it

3 is an odd number why do you think we dont understand the universe? becouse we are the total opisit to what IT IS.. understanding that goes along way to understanding what it is or what its uses to do its thing

DNA is the only thing we can "assume" it has like us "if we are in a cell"

mapping this so called gene or genes will be the human path.. Enjoy

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Thats my main point here I used maths!!! how i dunno?? lol but if its in maths then hey its close heh considering we use it as our main tool

The only thing i did with maths was to add me into it

No one seems to understand that yet
+yourself in maths = righ outcome!! we are the odd number you dont add us nothing will be correct when you ask what the universe is all about "in the elogical sens"

great post aswell dave! you did say it alot better in many ways but i wanted hard facts and maths was my only way and still is.. tho now im more on the DNA trip

for me if there is a mathamatical logic there is a mathamatical Elogic but the only problem is ITS NOT MATHS

braincrushed!!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

This is totaly crazy to anyone who would not think about it tho

But still I mean I didnt just deam this up nore did i want to!!! It happend becouse i was looking at odd numbers and it loops and loops and i kept hitting walls all over the place..

Then it realy sunk in "in nature" we see loops / symmitry all over the place its like we LIVE inside a giant loop thats why we see it.. on some levels the loop ends and on others it just well doesnt.. we are so tiny that we can only see the loop much like whatever lives on the atoms in my cells they dont know im going to pop my clogs one day becouse its sooooo massive it does indeed look like infinity "like asking an ant to go to the closest sun" or smaller "wtf mind boggling vastness" lol

If Life is then self replicating then what or how do i describe it or use something in nature to understand what i have stumbled upon..

The human embryo was the only thing that i could find to explane the universes "birth".. has every single answer to all the questions about the universe.. well most of em "creation" ect but this is still not my goal.

My goal is only to understand what im in not question were did it come from as that will loop and i get noplace fast
.. but to understand what the universe is or its DNA ect is alot more fun for me.

Hope that helps

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
Are we in something that is ALIVE??

Ha, once during a non-lucid dream, I asked that same question of myself and some others that were hanging around with me. I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone, including myself. Anyhow, if you ask me, yeah, I suspect we're inside of some gods dream, and all of this is simply another illusion.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

just to add to the infinity thing here...

It is imageinble becouse you are caperble of understanding what it is and you sir end the loop becouse thought of it...

Infinity is only in ones head not much like 3 5 7 9 or PI

They all have a start and an end.. YOU

Now do you see why + you in maths is more important that one can think about heh hehe

Its like the YIN AND YANG... mathis is our YING can you tell me what its its YANG?

Now maybe you see what im trying to find??

[edit on 14-12-2008 by theresult]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join