It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPS Questioning Children At Polygamist Compound, Could This be Another Waco Incident?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Fred,
I could care less what happens to him,
as long as those kids are safe. And all innocent parties.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As of this A.M.'s coverage, it appears that all the children have been removed from the Eldorado, Tx. location by vans and buses.
There have been no reports of gunfire exchanged or any other physical confrontations between the residents of the compound of the FLDS and Law Enforcement officials.
I know that I am breathing a sigh of relief. I am so glad that the children are out, safely. Life will be changing drastically for them. Even though, by our standards, it is for the best; it is reported that some of the children have never been outside the compound and are terribly confused. But, better that they suffer confusion temporarily, than a continued lifetime of physical and sexual abuse, which will undoubtedly spawn more enslaved victims, in the years to come. Thank you for reading.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Now that the kids are safe and out of the evil rapist compound, I wonder how long untill the people at the compund sue for "ights of religion" or something like that. We all know it's gonna happen. Hopefuly juries wil be smart enough to say, "Dude, having sex with kids is wrong, you are sick, we shall stone you now."

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there are those who would exploit religion to hide behind their evilness. After reading about the head of this "religion" on this thread, it does indeed seem that this is the case with this group. I am very puzzled by the fact that he was convicted of raping a 14 y.o. last year and yet, he was allowed to be around children.

With this guy in jail, I wonder what will happen to the others who are left behind at the compound. Will they come to their senses? Will they survive - they probably don't have too many skills that can be used out in the "real" world. This is just tragic.

To the person who wrote that "one wife can eat you alive" - misogyny is not attractive. Throughout history, there have been plenty of men who had numerous wives - it seemed to work for the men pretty well.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

forestlady,
I really appreciate your mature comments
on this traumatic situation. I agree that it has very little to do
with religion and more to do with freedom to exercise evil desires.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
[Fred,
I could care less what happens to him,
as long as those kids are safe. And all innocent parties.

I can't argue with that

I simply cannot, being a parent myself imagine the state of mind of people that allow thier children in harms way like this :shk:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I agree with that also. I watched a movie, based on facts, pertaining to the polygamist type environment. God only knows what prompts the idiocy of the women that allows them to involve themselves in this situation in the first place; but over generations, most are born into it and see no way out. It is a forced situation. They know no other way of life. That is what I mean by the innocent victims.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

mr. jeffs was not the actual "rapist" per se. a 16 year old girls was forced to marry an older "cousin" (?). she fled after a year and exposed this branch. her husband was convicted of rape and mr. jeffs was convicted of accessory to. this was due to he performed the "marriage ceremony" at small motel. mr jeffs fled and was arrested in las vegas almost 2 years ago. i and my family were living there at the time and i had been following the case. even though i believe in god, i do not believe in religion. all too often, religious abuses like this occur and it is too sad when it is children that are the victims. all in the name of god.

on a some what related topic, watch the movie "the magdalene sisters". it is about church and state sanctioned slavery in ireland that was in effect till 1995 or so.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

blackthorne,
Thank you for your first hand, and insightful information. I would imagine that you would have much to share with us, if it isn't too private or painful.
You might even consider opening a thread. If you do, I would appreciate a link. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

thank you for your appreciation. i have a wide rang of interests and read quite a bit and have a good memory. as for posting links, i would if i could but i am a cave man when it comes to computers. i, myself, have never been abused by a religious authority. it's just that this type of abuse (any abuse really) angers me. using any religion as an excuse to commit atrocities on kids, imho, is in my top five crimes. any time i hear of things like this, i follow it and pray that the perps are caught and brought to justice. i was an m.p. for 4 years as well. i and my wife and i do go to church (protestant, non denom.) fairly often. more for the spirituality than any thing else.

have a good day!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Thanks again Blackthorne,
My very best to you in your endeavors. If you change your mind about the thread, I would be glad to assist in any way that I could. Always here. A U2U Away.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

The U.S. federal government is ruled by a wicked group of people, who would love to orchestrate another massacre. They don't even need a "good excuse" to destroy that "polygamist compound". Polygamy is accepted in many parts of the world, and no one on earth is going to stop people from wanting to have many spouses.

The wicked government's "child protection services" are ridiculous. They're well-known for trading children for money to polygamists in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and other countries. Don't trust the governments of this world, and don't invite them to come on your land.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by ChadOnLife]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadOnLife

You have me curious, any links to support that CPS trades kids for money to people in other countries, thus involving themselves in human slave trading?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Is it also ridiculous to prevent underage children from being forced to have sex with adults? Should the evil gov't look the other way?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

This smacks of pure persecution of religious organizations or movements, that are outside the boundaries of government control.
Supposedly one young girl, says she was forced to marry and bare
the child of a adult. So the raid the small peaceful camp, with storm trooper tacticts. Probably scared the hell out of the children. Hauled everybody off. Destroyed the place looking for evidence.
Then report the supposed victim can't be found?
If the same thing happened in a small town. Would they carry out such a raid. Carry off every one to a new location. Tear up every house and building in town to find evidence!
The U.S. has had a long sick history of this kind of behavior.
Gives ammo for the Chinese and their oppression of the Tibetan Monks.
The hatred of religious orders and secs; is universal among the secular, mainstream, extremist, fascist, paranoid, dictators. Who see every little tree, that isn't joined to their root system; as a threat. That they must
kill. Before it grows into competition.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Is it also ridiculous to prevent underage children from being forced to have sex with adults? Should the evil gov't look the other way?

There was a documentary the other day, about child slavery and prostitution in the USA and all over the world. It is open and rampant.
But just let one alleged 15 yr. old, raise a specter of sexual offense
against a religious order; and the troops are called out! Martial law is
declared. All the rights of the members is abandoned. The propaganda machine goes into full swing. The wrath of the system falls upon that
religious order!

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChadOnLife
reply to post by sizzle

The U.S. federal government is ruled by a wicked group of people, who would love to orchestrate another massacre. They don't even need a "good excuse" to destroy that "polygamist compound". Polygamy is accepted in many parts of the world, and no one on earth is going to stop people from wanting to have many spouses.

The wicked government's "child protection services" are ridiculous. They're well-known for trading children for money to polygamists in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and other countries. Don't trust the governments of this world, and don't invite them to come on your land.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by ChadOnLife]

I dont trust the governments of this world... believe me.
I dont trust you either, so howz about a source for those assertions.
You dont expect us to just take your word for it, do you?

As for polygamy, to each his/her own. I could care less how many spouses anyone has.

CPS is a system designed to protect kids.
They might not be perfect, but they protect kids from F'd up situations and get kids away from messed up parents.
I dont know what goes on as far as a slave trade, so until i see some sort of good info in regards to that i cant put any weight in that.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Things are getting worse in this situation. Check it out:
Situation escalating at compound

Hopefully a peaceful end to this can be reached.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Palehorse,
Thanks for the update, but I am not sure why you opened another thread on the same news article. But I have some questions about this particular statement in the news article:

ELDORADO, Texas - Law enforcement agents entered an enormous temple on the grounds of a polygamist compound, but by Sunday morning they still had not found a 16-year-old girl whose initial report of abuse led to the raid.

"There were some tense moments last night, but everything has remained calm and peaceful and they are continuing their search," said Allison Palmer, a prosecutor from a nearby county handling the case, early Sunday.

news.yahoo.com...

It makes you wonder, if said person (16 year old girl) ever existed in the first place. Maybe it was just an imaginary excuse to raid the compound, to see what is going on there? Just wondering.

Edit: My second question on the other side of the coin would be; wonder if the girl may have been 'eliminated' for what she knew and reported.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
By the limitations of this religious (?) sect, the women and children are abused. Few if any are allowed to attend school past learning to read, write and do simple math. They are required to wear humble clothing (humble for WHAT?); they are not allowed to have TV or cell phones, or to behave normally--not even the adults. They're not allowed to love whom they choose; they're told WHO to love, as early as puberty. Corporal punishment abounds for ALL members ... except, of course, the overseers who enforce the rules according to their interpretations.

THIS is the American equivalent to the TALIBAN.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join