It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPS Questioning Children At Polygamist Compound, Could This be Another Waco Incident?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

CPS Questioning Children At Polygamist Compound

www.ksat.com

ELDORADO, Texas -- State troopers have sealed off a secretive West Texas religious outpost built by polygamist leader Warren Jeffs so child welfare investigators can interview children to see if they're safe, officials said Friday.

Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner said the Texas Department of Public Safety and other law enforcement helped investigators gain access to the complex near Eldorado. She said CPS is "investigating whether any children are in danger" but said no decisions had been made on whether to remove any children.

DPS spokesman Tom Vinger said CPS was responding to a complaint but could not say whether the complaint was made from within or outside the ranch. He said questioning began Thursday evening but wouldn't say how many people were being interviewed or how many officers were involved.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-4-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is it me, or does this have all the earmarks of another Waco-Branch-Davidian, scenario? This is happening right now folks. They will be breaking in on local news stations in my area of Tx to update news.

www.ksat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

If they are really there to protect the children and do it peacefully, then so be it.
But we do not need another repeat of the Waco fiasco and horrible loss of life.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I wish people would wake up and see that marriage is a SHAM. Its the bondage of church and state. If you want to be with 8 women legally . Don't marry any of them . Then theres nothing anyone can say about it . Simple as that .

But alas people are so hung up on religion. And the forced feelings that you MUST get married to stay together. . Me and my o'l lady have 9 years together. No paper involved.

If they are abusing the children . Then mess there day up . But if not let them be. Its there lives . If they can handle 4-8 women at a time . Then there better men than I.

You gotta wonder if its a competition thing. Someone felt threatened by the fact a guy can pull multiple women . And thinks he HAS to be brainwashing them . Cause they cant even keep one.

[Gotta love the use of the word "compound" WTF is up with that . Wouldn't that make the white house a "compound" ?]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

This is the Breaking news forum. Not conspiracies in Religion or lack thereof.

Sorry, But what has that got to do with anything?

Edit: I apologize. That was a little snappish of me. I am just concerned that this will get out of hand again and there are kids involved. It's not their fault what decisions their parents make.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Your absolutely blind to not see what it has to do with this . WTF do you think polygamy means ? I made a point on how this could be avoided. And what i thought was the ROOT of the problem . your post had absolutely nothing to do with the subject my friend

[My edit after yours: I too don't want to argue . Just had a suggestion on how i thought these things could be avoided.

I don't support the "cults" Or "brainwasher's" But any group of people that just wants to live there life away from all the BS. And are labeled as such without knowing whats what . Is what i'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Back on topic, does anyone have anything
of substance to contribute?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I wrote my post before you edited yours . I added an edit myself. If you dont like my post report it. Its my opinion. Thanks for reading.

OMG then you edit that one . Whats the point here? make up your mind please.

[Sorry cause it seems we agree. Just have different views in some ways . I see a solution. You want to discuss the problem . Oh well.]

Edited by gallopinghordes forum mod

Lets watch our manners please.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think CPS has gone overboard in many cases and they are being too intrusive into people's lives. I hear horror stories alot about CPS. I agree, I think people should be left alone if they're not doing anything to hurt anyone.

And yes, not being married does solve the problem, I agree.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

This is the Breaking news forum. Not conspiracies in Religion or lack thereof.

Sorry, But what has that got to do with anything?

Edit: I apologize. That was a little snappish of me. I am just concerned that this will get out of hand again and there are kids involved. It's not their fault what decisions their parents make.

I imagine that everyday somewhere in this country some so-called "Protective Services" are endangering and disrupting the lives of children and their families somewhere. Few can resist the firepower of our government and those that try are not heard about because our government and FBI have learned from Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Between all these man made false religions (Christian, Muslim, left or right) and our Fascist Government, there really isn't anywhere to live truly safe and free in America unless you are able to somehow completely sever all contact with people altogether.

Now that they are moving forward to build the fence to fence us in, have gutted our Constitution and put the laws and enforcement components they need in place, they will gut our economy to make the American people even more pliable so they can get us all registered with their National ID card; next will come Chipping us. Any Patriots that are armed and resist will be murder and introduced to Project Garden Plot.

Maybe more to the point, what kind of nut would ever want more than one wife; a man is lucky not to be eaten alive by just one.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Busload of children have been removed.
That was most recent update. They said they would give more when they have more.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just caught a quick banner across the screen that said that arrests had been made. Not sure what that means. They are not breaking for full details. I hope we do not have to wait for evening news.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Folks, I really am going to have to get off and get some sleep. I pulled an all-niter doing research here. Might explain my short-temper.
If any of you see any up-dates and care to post them, please do.
I apologize if I offended anyone. My biggest concern was the children. But there are many other facets here that need to be discussed.
The incest that was going on there (accusations). Multiple marriages. Child-hood marriages. I will do better after some rest. Thank you all for reading.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the problem with this group is that they dump "excess" teen boys out of town to fend for themselves. can't have young, strapping men around for competition for the young girls. they have forced young teen girls into marrying against their will. thay have had children as young as ten working heavy machinery.

yes, people are free to practice religion. when it is used as an excuse for slavery and abuse, that is where stops. i care less if a mna or woman has multiple wives or husbands, AS LONG AS THEY ARE ALL CONSENTING ADULTS! most of the time, children have co choice as to what religion they are exposed to.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
the problem with this group is that they dump "excess" teen boys out of town to fend for themselves. can't have young, strapping men around for competition for the young girls. they have forced young teen girls into marrying against their will. thay have had children as young as ten working heavy machinery.

yes, people are free to practice religion. when it is used as an excuse for slavery and abuse, that is where stops. i care less if a mna or woman has multiple wives or husbands, AS LONG AS THEY ARE ALL CONSENTING ADULTS! most of the time, children have co choice as to what religion they are exposed to.

Thank you Blackthorne,
I couldn't agree more. I thank you also for just stating, 'Religion' and not assuming that they are Christian.
I agree that a lot of things are done in the 'name of religion.' Most times it is a farce. For the very reasons that you have stated. It is not God-serving. It is self-serving.
But all too often it IS the children who are the victims.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne

I absolultey agree with you. These are not normal family situations. Most of these kids are being foreced to marry and engage in sex at very young ages.

If adults want to have or marry multiple partners - I could care less. As long as they are CONSENTING ADULTS. However, with this CULT....that is not entirely the case. What blackthorne said is true. CPS is there because there are dozens of vitims being harmed by adults.

My heart goes out to these kids and I hope there can be a peaceful resolution to what is going on with them.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

In November, Jeffs was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001. KSAT.com

It appears that Jeffs may not have been at the "retreat," but awaiting trial in an Arizona jail since November. One wonders why the incident that resulted in Jeffs' arrest was not the cause for an investigation.

The marriage and impregnantion of a 16-year-old by a 50-year-old man prompted a Tom Green County judge to issue a warrant to search the grounds and seize records detailing the birth of children to the 16-year-old, according to the Standard-Times. KSAT.com

And I suppose this incident is what lead up to the removal of the children and investigation of those involved as the age of consent in Texas is 17 years of age.

Texas

The age of consent in Texas is 17 [Texas Penal Code Section 21.11]. However , "...It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor...was not more than three years older than the victim and of the opposite sex...(and) did not use duress, force, or a threat against the victim at the time of the offence" and is not a registered sex offender [Section 21.11(b)]. Age of Consent in North America -- Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexi Humi

You know Alex,
I have been wondering about some of the very same things.
Why all the secrecy? As one member pointed out; maybe the PTB, learned a lot from the Waco and Ruby Ridge incident, and the media is intentionally being kept out of most of the details on this case.
When these other two events were 'going down,' seems to me that we had quite a bit of televised coverage.
Some of us want to know what is going on here.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Here is an update that I found, with a few more details:

ELDORADO, Texas -- Child welfare officials following up on an abuse complaint took custody of 18 girls Friday who lived at a secretive West Texas religious retreat built by polygamist leader Warren Jeffs.

A total of 52 girls, ages 6 months to 17 years, were bused away on Friday to be interviewed, but only 18 were immediately taken into state custody, said Texas Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner. No arrests had been made.

The marriage and impregnantion of a 16-year-old by a 50-year-old man prompted a Tom Green County judge to issue a warrant to search the grounds and seize records detailing the birth of children to the 16-year-old, according to a report from the San Angelo Standard-Times' Web site.

www.ksat.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You don't have to have a turban on your head or speak Arabic to be a religious extremist.......

Yes you all want to know what is going on and you will just have to wait.

On the other hand how this guy (or more accuratly anybody thats a follower) was allowed NEAR any kids is beyond me. HE IS A PEDOFILE :shk:

CPS spokesman Darrell Azar said about 30 other children and youths were placed in a bus and taken from the compound founded by Warren Jeffs, who was convicted last year in Utah of being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl.www.chron.com...

A WACO style ending would be only too good for this cretin

[edit on 4/5/08 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wanted you all to take note of this statement that is made in reference to this update:

An arrest warrant was issued, but the individual that public safety officials are looking for had not been located Friday evening, said spokeswoman Tela Mange. She said she could not reveal whose name was on the warrant.

www.ksat.com...

Why does the public not have the right to this information. Personally, I would think that this just might be important to the safety and well-being of the rest of the public that may unwittingly open their doors to this individual.
I have questions. Is this individual dangerous? What does he/she look like??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join