It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Official Declares Extraterrestrial Contact Is Real

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
While researching Monsignor Balducci, I came upon the following item; I think it answers all of the questions everyone here has been asking. Apparently the good monsignor's words have been taken way out of context and his role at the Vatican overly exagerrated for far too long.

THE FACTS:
* Corrado Balducci has never been a spokesman for Vatican. He never spoke in the name of Vatican. He has never been close to the Pope... www.ufologie.net...

Dont bother. Shadoww will keep carrying on as if he was never debunked.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
shadoww, I laud your actual attempts to get to the bottom of what must, inevitably, appear as a mystery..] I actually believe you and if you are wrong I will be rather disapointed, to say the least. Investigation is as always the real solution to suspicion, to which we all so susceptible these days. Hell, I forget what the heck I was trying to say. oh yeah, - if I read this right you may be suggesting that the Vatican considering converting aliens to the Catholic faith. If I am wrong about your suppositions I am sure you will say so. I can see this as being a very tempting postion for the (THE, heh ehe, CHURCH). This scenario has actually been explored by EPIC comics(DC publishing circa 1980's) of spaceships being launched into the interstellar cosmos for the express purposes of conversion. It occurs to me that if aliens are known by the Church already (IF) then if said aliens have a belief in the afterlife then if behooves them to get on board' since said alien culture would inevitably have a tremendous impact on human culture (not necessarily good mind you, just observation) - and IF they believe in said afterlife then they will reap the "just" rewards. Personally I find the idea of aliens believing in a human style afterlife disturbing, but this of course means nothing otherwise, all things being, er, somewhat equal.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Shadoww I applaud you for this post, I think something is definately up even if the Balducci thing is a total hoax. The Vatican seems to be taking "baby steps" (as said by someone earlier) to let us know something, or at least they seem to be taking a public interest in life on other planets. Either way I feel what they are doing is going to have great signifigance in the future.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Dont bother. Shadoww will keep carrying on as if he was never debunked.

Like I was saying, but I was trying to be nice and not speak in broad terms beyond the OP'er.

Now we just need that Mars Face thread to take on new life again in this regard.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-4-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Great thread.

I didn't know about the Vatican and Nasa for starters.
This thread has covered more angles than just the original post.
I've read and learned a lot from a lot of the links.
I feel less ignorant than I did 30 mins ago.

If the Catholic Church are the only organised religion that are even involved in Space and E.T research, then I am very pleasantly surprised.
They aren't as backward as I originally thought.
(I'm a catholic but haven't been to church since I was 10 and promised myself to be just a generic christian rather than a Catholic one for the rest of my life.)

This won't make me a born again Catholic but I'm very impressed that this religion is at least trying to think forward and explore the possibilities.
I would be just as impressed if it was Baptist, Protestant, Islam etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Okay, lets take this up a notch shall we? I actually get the feeling that this blighter is trying to figure out whats going on, he provided phone numbers and that he tried to speak to the "characters" in question. What have you done lately? not sure why you are bringing up the mars face question within this forum as it is not relevant - but, seeing as you have, lets say the mars face issue really is resolved for all concerned ( of course which it is FAR from resolved at this point, unles you ve been there...?) where does that leave us? At the point where people still have that irrestitible yearning to have some kind of inhuman contact with aliens. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be some kind of species loneliness? I wonder why with all the inate sociallness of the human species that it is STILL lonely? Why would that be? In truth, the real question of alien contact underscores a basic desire to have contact with another sentient species. This desire will NEVER go away. If humans NEVER contact another sentient species, earthbound or not, they will never, ever let go of that desire. I claim this is a GOOD thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidself
I actually get the feeling that this blighter is trying to figure out whats going on, he provided phone numbers and that he tried to speak to the "characters" in question.

That's funy, I got the feeling that he was playing more games like in his google earth thread, and later in the thread here it would seem that he's totally debunked.

What have you done lately?

Are you kidding me? ALF/ET/UFO's are fantasy speculation, and even if it's true we simply cant do a single thing about them anyways. In the meantime, mankind faces absolutely real threats of total enslavement and/or annhilation (artificial intelligence, for starters), which I've proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, basically all on my own. Part of my more active presence her eis in hopes to get the alternative community's attention on this real and rapidly approaching threat, which cannot be tunred back once it's started, but this real hardcore issue takes the second (more like fifth) stage to totally irelevant and fictional/widely debunked issues like this. I can prove over and over that "grey's" are total bs, yet on the same page people still carry on about greys as if they're aliens in spaceships. What have I done? Not much apparently.

not sure why you are bringing up the mars face question within this forum as it is not relevant - but, seeing as you have, lets say the mars face issue really is resolved for all concerned ( of course which it is FAR from resolved at this point, unles you ve been there...?)

Because it's more speculation that can easily be debunked (come debate the thread, please), but at least it's more entertaining and interesting than this thread which has gotten more attention than if GWB came out and admitted that 911 was truely a conspiracy.

At the point where people still have that irrestitible yearning to have some kind of inhuman contact with aliens.

And now we're finally getting some real elaboration to why people persist about certain alien topics even though they can be debunked like elvis sightings.

Why do you suppose that is?

Same reason the science fiction / etc fiction sections at the bookstore are often larger than the rest of the bookstore combined. Does that prove than aliens exist? Negative! It proves that people in this society are more concerned with fantasy land stories than they are about real things, which is no surprise considering we're a TV brain society and people actually believe that we actually have rights or that this nation is "good" in the world "theater".

This desire will NEVER go away. If humans NEVER contact another sentient species, earthbound or not, they will never, ever let go of that desire. I claim this is a GOOD thing.

You know what, maybe you're onto something, and this can help explain some of the motives behind the establishments gung ho mad rush to build AI as fast as possible while ensuring that it's done 'right' and 'safely' is second priority. That could explain it for some peope at least. The establishment who's behind it are doing it for raw power that is still not fully imaginable.
to your revelation,
to what I'm talking about here and peoples lack of regard about how serious this is.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Remember Folks: There may be people in this topic who are trained to refute arguments. I'm not accusing anybody, but still.

Shadoww provided us with phone numbers. Instead of whining and complaining about him being out of his mind, why don't some of us give the phone numbers a call? IF SHADOWW IS LYING, THE PHONE NUMBERS WILL TURN OUT TO BE FALSE. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billy Meier

Originally posted by yeti101
shadoww were you around in 1991 when stanton friedman insisted there would be major "disclosure" in 1992?

loads of people belived him lol!

[edit on 20-4-2007 by yeti101]

Where did he say this? I thought he said once that he didn't think disclosure would happen in his lifetime.

It seems like THE MAJORITY of the info about this comes from Richard Boylan also, who is far from credible: ufowatchdog.com...

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Billy Meier]

And this coming from some one with the name Billy Meier.
Can some tell me why Americans are either constantly in denial or blindly follow an idea/person???

[edit on 21-4-2007 by SKUNK2]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Shadoww provided us with phone numbers. Instead of whining and complaining about him being out of his mind, why don't some of us give the phone numbers a call? IF SHADOWW IS LYING, THE PHONE NUMBERS WILL TURN OUT TO BE FALSE. Simple as that.

Whether he's lying about that particular detail isn't the make or break of this thread. Check out the refutations on page 7 here and see this thing fall to pieces. Even if he did call soem people at the Vatican doesn't even matter, unless he got recordings and/or official corresponance to the issue confirming that the Vatican actually supports this, as opposed to someone connected to the Vatican supporting the alien hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hi guys, thanks for your posts...
Take no notice of the haters.
A few major undisputable points from this thread.
Vatican Observatory - Vatican and NASA in a dual new technology expensive Telescope programme, this made someone point out that the Vatican is at the forefront of E.T, Abduction and U.F.O. phenomena.
The comment by the now chief Astronomer - "we are going to find things more incredible than you can imagine"
Haters can call Corrado a hoax, if you phone your catholics spokesperson or the Vatican, they were extremely helpful to me... The guy i spoke to said Corrado was a very interesting person, that his views on Theology were exciting..
And the number i posted was a Vatican number for obtaining contact for Corrado and even recommended an interview.
The Catholic church has already got in place the basis of doctrine for when/if disclosure happens.

If this site is what it is meant to be i think there is multiple evidence in this thread, nothing relying on one source... that proves the Vatican knows there are E.T.s and that they know there will be a disclosure..
Surely some people after reading this thread must draw the same conclusion as me????

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Whether he's lying about that particular detail isn't the make or break of this thread. Check out the refutations on page 7 here and see this thing fall to pieces. Even if he did call soem people at the Vatican doesn't even matter, unless he got recordings and/or official corresponance to the issue confirming that the Vatican actually supports this, as opposed to someone connected to the Vatican supporting the alien hypothesis.

Well then, why don't we have somebody who speaks the language call up the phone numbers, ask for a statement from the Vatican, and get an official response? What's stopping us?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Im glad i have made more friends with this thread.
I do not believe i am out of my mind lol
And i most certainly did speak to a Vatican spokesperson..
And the number provided is a Vatican number (from the UK)
The guy is linked on the official Vatican website as well as the paper.
Much of my evidence is from Catholic News and various other good sources.
They are not from Conspiracy sites.
The evidence is overwhelming, and as far as im concerned ... Accurate.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'd just be nice if you could for once address specific arguments and refuatations instead of resort to blanket replies to everything said between your last post. For the attention your threads seem to get I'd say you owe it to everyone.

I will give you credit as it's awful clever that you do this while the new posts beg more arguments and questions, which keeps the thread going while dodging the key refutations.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Well then, why don't we have somebody who speaks the language call up the phone numbers, ask for a statement from the Vatican, and get an official response? What's stopping us?

good idea... or even watch one of his tv appearances..
look... this guy is genuine.. but he is only part of the story..
I find the current chief Astronomer at the Vaican observatory even more interesting.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well I missed that part as you dont do a big post outlining your entire point, but rather start with a little bite and throw little pieces in here or there to divert away from the key arguments.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Simply put, people are highly interested in this topic (at the time of me posting this, this topic has been flagged 44 times...in the first day).

WE NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT SOMEHOW. Somebody needs to contact the Vatican or learn more information. This should not just be a "shadoww-only" effort. We should all be trying to prove this is real, because if this is fake, then we will prove it is fake in our quest to prove that it's real, and if it's real, we will know.

It's win-win.

I have been looking online for ways to contact the Vatican (or even the Pope), but apparently, they don't have an e-mail. O.o

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The telephone number i posted was the number James Abbot, a Catholic spokesperson gave me..
He even recommended an interview..
I will go along with what you said...
Makes total sense,
But the more i looked in to it the more i found in favour of disclosure..
The interview of the Chief Astrononmer on the Catholic News website is on dozens of catholic websites, so they definitely tried to put the message out..
Google his name with " intelligent" and "vatican" and it gives you dozens of responses ... all the same interview... all with the same curious phrase at the end.

Come on then peeps..
I will be glad of any help anyone can add to the thread.
The negative posts achieve nothing.
There is a great basis for debate, and enlightenment in this thread.
Disclosure seems to be a very real possibility.
At least the Vatican seems to think so.
If they think so, it is room for further investigation as far as im concerned.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Amongst those I wrote was:

The Vatican itself (att. the Vatican spokesperson)

The Vatican in an attempt for them to forward the message to Balducci

and

Dr. Boylan

Now, I don't know how you feel about Boylan? I chose him simply because he is involved in disclosure of some kind, along with having some nice educational degrees and employment history.

So far the only respons I have got was from Dr. Boylan. A similar respons could probably be found somewhere else amongst both the mild disclosure people and the extremists.

Here goes:

Torben,

Monsignor Corrado Balducci was a friend of the previous Pope, John Paul II, and was Exorcist of the Pope's own diocese, Rome. Balducci was a former member of one of the Vatican Sacred Congregations. He is no "simple parish priest".
The Vatican is to be mildly commended for letting him tell the truth on Italian national television several times, yet the Vatican is to be scolded for still wanting to play the game of "plausible deniability" by having Balducci say he speaks personally and not in an official Vatican capacity. The distinction is droll, given his credentials.
We all know what would have happened to Msgr. Balducci long ago if he had said something publicly that went against Church teachings or policy.
Do not expect any burst of official on-the-record statements from Msgr. Balducci, Jesuit Brother/Vatican astronomer Dr. Guy Consulmagno, or anyone else quite yet.

in the light,

Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

Richard Boylan, Ph.D., LLC; Councillor
President, Star Kids Project, Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Diamond Springs, California 95619, USA
[email protected]

This ofcourse supports the many good links and clearing ups there has been so far. (maybe there is more now? I haven't read the last 60 posts
)

I will return when the Vatican has supplied me with a reply to my questions.

/hugs

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Wow...
excellent post ..
Seems our suspicions are right..
Corrado is genuine and is being allowed to put the feelers out to get a judge of reaction.
The current Astronomer is doing exactly the same...
He must be allowed to say these things, but it isnt official Vatican comments..
I think we are definitely on to something.
Although it isnt in an official context as yet, the initial steps of a formal disclosure is plain to see.
Well done...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join