It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace warns viewers: Trump crossed the line in latest attack on media

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

The press is stating that some criticisms have "crossed the line".

They are determining what anyone can say about them.

I can't even... this is EXACTLY what trump is doing... all negative polls are fake news? Come on man wake up. Sheep.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Then you remember how the Bush administration used to manipulate news during that time.

They did a lot of sugar coating during the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict.

If you remember lying about our nations well being brought us the housing market crash later on.

I believe the media has been manipulated for a while.

But I don't think that is somebody wants to shut them down, is too much money involved, a lot of foreign influences within our media.

It was already shut down before during the 70s.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Isn't it easy enough to solve this "fake news" problem. Make propaganda illegal again, problem solved.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
did it cross the line when obama waged a war against fox news?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

It hasn't stopped anyone from criticizing Trump.

The media and you all seem to be running to the defense of MSM if someone says something against them.

I may start a "Draw the Media" day and see if any of you make a fatwa against me.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Aazadan

Then you remember how the Bush administration used to manipulate news during that time.

They did a lot of sugar coating during the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict.

If you remember lying about our nations well being brought us the housing market crash later on.

I believe the media has been manipulated for a while.

But I don't think that is somebody wants to shut them down, is too much money involved, a lot of foreign influences within our media.

It was already shut down before during the 70s.

Remember when Bush called a journalist an a**hole? That's almost as bad as Trump calling them enemies.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: alphabetaone

This has been a riot to watch and see evolve.

Just a year ago, the establishment in DC was reviled and integrity in journalism was laughed at.

But since Trump has been elected, everyone appears to be clutching their pearls and swooning if anyone questions journalistic integrity and the DC establishment motives.

I can't take anyone seriously if "all of a sudden" it is blasphemy to question or comment on MSM because Trump.

I see, so you believe you're going to take the moral highground by acting as though it's all a laughing matter to you and you have no vested interest. Impressive...

For my part I don't trust any more or less the media as it always was, yet I see you constantly dodging what the real key issue is here, and it's not media's integrity. It's Trumps, and Conway's and Spicer'ss and Bannon's continual fabrications...why don't you address that instead of some perceived "riot" that has an element of truth to it, but is far from deep reaching.

So address these things and let me know where the justification of a sitting US president fabricating these things is then we can talk about the disingenuous media:

Trump’s words: “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,” Trump said during a news conference on Feb. 16.

Actually:
Several former presidents have also received more electoral votes than Trump. George H. W. Bush won with 426 electoral votes in 1988. Bill Clinton won 370 votes in 1992 and 379 in 1996, and Barack Obama won with 365 votes in 2008.

Feb. 10, 2017: Claimed without evidence that “thousands” of people were bused across state lines to vote.

Actually:

Officials at New Hampshire’s secretary of state office, US Attorney’s Office, and Massachusetts’ attorney general’s office told BuzzFeed News there was no evidence to support the president’s claim.
“We have not seen any evidence of busloads of out-of-state voters coming across the border to vote in New Hampshire elections,” David Scanlan, deputy secretary of state for New Hampshire, said.

Feb. 9, 2017: Lied about Chris Cuomo not asking Sen. Blumenthal about him falsifying his service in Vietnam

Actually:
Cuomo asked that exact question. His question to Blumenthal was, “What is your response to the president of the United States, who says you should not be believed because you misrepresented your military record in the past?”

Feb. 7, 2017: Lied that the murder rate was the highest in 45 years

Actually:

The US murder rate is at close to an all-time low, and law enforcement experts say Trump’s claim is so far away from the facts that it’s ludicrous. Based on FBI statistics, the murder rate was 5.0 homicides per 100,000 people in 2015, down from a peak in 1980 of 10.2 per 100,000 people. The highest number of total homicides was in 1991, when 24,703 were killed. Though several US cities have seen the number of murders rise from 2015 to 2016, the overall number is still dramatically lower than what it was in the 1980s and 1990s.

Feb. 6, 2017: Claimed that terrorist attacks across Europe are “not even being reported”

Actually:

The Paris and Nice attacks that Trump mentioned in his speech were extensively covered by every major US media organization.
Other attacks that have also received extensive media attention include an attack in Brussels in March 2016, as well as an incident in February 2017 at the Louvre museum in Paris in which a man attempted to use a machete and was shot by a soldier.
Trump provided no evidence of any other attacks that the media has not covered. He didn’t mention any specific incidents, and BuzzFeed News was unable to identify any events that were ignored by major US media organizations. The Trump administration did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed News’ request for a list of terror-related incidents that were “not even being reported.”

Lied that Kuwait had issued a visa ban on several Muslim-majority countries after his immigration order

Actually:

The Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs has expressly denied the reports. In a statement to state-run news outlet Kuwait News Agency, Assistant Foreign Minister for Consular Affairs Sami Al-Hamad said the ministry “categorically denies these claims and affirms that these reported nationalities … have big communities in Kuwait and enjoy full rights.”

I could go on and on detailing the falsehoods and fabrications but I think you get the point....address THOSE and only those issues before we even start talking about journalistic integrity as these can be proven falsehoods and fabrications.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's a tweet. Life must be pretty good in the Twitter bubble if a tweet is cause for outrage and indignation.

Trump trolled Wallace and other parrots, and you deserve it.

Do we want journalists that can be triggered/trolled by a tweet?

That sounds familiar, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Oh yea thats right! The media was having a personal war with Trump on our behalf. Yea.....and were not, I say again were not, acting as barking dogs for other interests.

Just makes me want to clutch my chest with pride that part of merica, the press. hasn't been effected by politics and big money. Snif, snif.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

For my part I don't trust any more or less the media as it always was, yet I see you constantly dodging what the real key issue is here, and it's not media's integrity.

Bull.

This whole thread has been about the MSM butthurt and those that are pained by it also.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I member..

You know, at the time I thought it rather strange that a corporation was deemed a person, with the rights inclusive to that designation..

Maybe I should have known better then, but I never thought I'd see the day that real, actual people would start defending said corporation(s) as real, actual people.

Now that's brand loyalty!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

For my part I don't trust any more or less the media as it always was, yet I see you constantly dodging what the real key issue is here, and it's not media's integrity.

Bull.

This whole thread has been about the MSM butthurt and those that are pained by it also.

I can't speak for anyone else, only myself...i'm not butthurt, and yet AGAIN, you're strawmanning it to not address the exact questions I asked you to address....are you gonna get around to that? Or continue to dodge the real issue?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Bush also went after whistle blowers too and Obama was not behind on that too.

They both condemn the media on that.

But also they both used the media for agendas, Bush to push for the Iraq war and Obama to push for protest around the nation.

Sometimes people tend to have short time memories.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Bull.

I can't speak for anyone else, only myself...i'm not butthurt, and yet AGAIN, you're strawmanning it to not address the exact questions I asked you to address....are you gonna get around to that? Or continue to dodge the real issue?

hahahahahaa

You can shout, "Squirrel!" all day long but I won't be distracted from the core issue and that the MSM wants to define themselves and is against any defamation on their (cough) character.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Bull.

hahahahahaa

You can shout, "Squirrel!" all day long but I won't be distracted from the core issue and that the MSM wants to define themselves and is against any defamation on their (cough) character.

I'm pretty sure all the maniacal laughing and thinly veiled attempt at seeming superior is only a mask that you believe. The mirror never lies, all the stars and flags in the world wont let you escape from that fact.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Oh lordy lord.

I'm the last person that is superior to anyone. I'm wrong more often than I'm right.

But every once in a while I get it right.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those times.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There is benefit to admit that you can and will be wrong on occasion.

Some folks don't get this. And its not just the overinflated ego's.

Yet again the voice of reason. I am still waiting to sign up for your newsletter.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Basically, the press is censoring what anyone (even the president) can say about them.

... Trump is no longer representing himself. He represents the United States of America.

Sure wish that were true!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If President Trump wants to set the record straight, he indeed should Stress the extreme BIASED OBSESSION that most of the mainstream media has against him, his family and his administration. Their extreme negative bias is DANGEROUS, because it tells all terrorists and nations like Russia, North Korea, IRAN, that the U.S.A. is a RIPE TARGET.

PUNISHMENT OF CNN MUST BE IMPLEMENTED. This will cause the others to start being PRO-AMERICAN news organizations once again.

If you replaced "USA" and "American" with "North Korea" and "North Korean" Id swear we have Kim Jong Un posting in this forum.

Do all of the rabbit crazy far right Trump supporters (not the normal borderline Trump supporters, Im not attacking you) not remember what happened in Nazi Germany? The downtrodden people who were in hard times economically were sold homemmade "Nationalist" propaganda that was supposed to make them feel good and distract them from the fact that they were backing and supporting a crazy person who would go on to kill millions of people.

OPEN YOUR EYES

The media exists partially to keep our politicians in check and to go against the grain. The media is meant to criticize and inform.

Does the media occasionally lean too far in a certain direction?

OF COURSE

but there's also a line the media wont cross to rationalize no matter how politically affiliated they are.

Trump is doing some legitimately crazy stuff. He is acting in a way that is unlike any president before him.. in a BAD way. The media should be allowed to call that out.

Also, dont forget... THE MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY VOTED THE OTHER WAY

So youre going to see more sour grapes than feel good fresh berries.

Thats reality man.

Ive come to accept that he is the president, so my mind is focused on.. okay, how can we make sure the least amount of damage is done?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: carewemust

PUNISHMENT OF CNN MUST BE IMPLEMENTED. This will cause the others to start being PRO-AMERICAN news organizations once again.

Are there any other Constitutional rights you want Herr Trump to step on? The press is protected by the Constitution and after Trumps remarks CNN should put him, his family and his cabinet under a microscope.

I think the corrupt media should be put under a microscope. Why weren't you concerned about free press during the last 8 years of state run media?

Seeing how I haven't trusted the media since Walter Cronkite retired no I wasn't too concerned. Also you whining about state run media just shows you chose what propaganda to believe. Maybe one day your brain will start working for itself.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join