It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway, Ireland and Spain say they will recognize a Palestinian state

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Ireland has much going for it, and is growing, the population reaching pre-famine levels for the first time and full employment I believe, or I have read. It has also, much like Spain, had a positive immigration policy and has welcomed considerable numbers of refugees and asylum seekers into it's communities. And, like Spain, has room to accommodate more, which is fortunate given the likely knock-on effect that we will see as a consequence of the UK's Rwanda policy.
These policies are benefitting Ireland and it is good to see that they are carrying that international solidarity to the state level, recognising Palestine's right to statehood and yet, much as it is on the mainland, far-right influences seem to be creeping in and seeking to undermine, and divide, what has been judged by most to be a successful policy that has intergrated and assimilated groups of refugees from places such as the Ukraine and Syria into Irish rural communities where they are needed.
Instead, refugees, some from Palestine, are arriving now in Ireland and are being left festering in the cities where they are not needed, living in tents.

The reason people are in tents is that Ireland is full, theres little accommodation left to house them all. And they just keep coming. They are in one area in Dublin around 200 of them.

Ireland have taken in nearly 200,000 refugess and asylum seekers a huge portion of our population

We aren't called "The Land of a Hundred Thousand Welcomes" for nothing

Cead Mile Failte (Irish for a hundred thousand welcomes)

Pronounced for anybody that cares " kade meela fall cha"
edit on 30 5 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

I don't know about being full. There are jobs to spare. Your GDP is pretty impressive. There are certainly places that are fuller. Purpose-built modular accommodation units in rural areas I read had been utilised to house refugees and asylum seekers, not housing stocks.

It is my understanding that Ireland, immigration-wise, has had a much busier year than usual, and the combination of that increase and the change in public opinion towards refugees has led to the tent situation. The powers that be don't want to appear to their electorate as being soft on immigration if that electorate takes a right turn, so they have taken to handing out tents instead of the previous welcome. Politicians and government officials aren't generally renowned for the courage of their convictions.

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Echo007

How?

palestinians don't want a 2-state solution.

Other countries demanding it is just silly when the area in question doesn't want it.

That’s the first thought that came into my head. All the countries that want to recognize them and they can’t even recognize themselves. Unless they were to exterminate every Jew in Israel and take there land, then they’d probably go for it.

Sad thing is they can’t even stand on their own as a state or country if they wanted to. They merely exist solely on handouts from others, if they didn’t receive aid from other countries they wouldn’t even exist as they are. Israel probably helps them out more than anybody. Provided them with food, medical services, fuel, jobs, elec, water, internet, etc…. And how do they show their gratitude? Murdering innocent Israeli’s. The region they attacked were the very people in Israel that were helping them the most, a known fact. They’ve done this in every country they’ve been allowed into. It’s all in the history books.
edit on 30-5-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

edit on 30-5-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Morons.

You can't recognize a country that doesn't have borders. The 'palestinians' don't accept the borders that the rest of the world has given them. They want to claim all of Israel as their own. They say they won't stop attacking Israel until it's destroyed and the Jews are genocided. Norway, Ireland and Spain can't recognize a country that doesn't have established borders.

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And, before people say “that’s not so!”

Take a look at the map in this video.

t.me...

In the screen you won’t see Gaza or Judea and Samaria. It’s the entire map of Israel.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Morons.

You can't recognize a country that doesn't have borders. The 'palestinians' don't accept the borders that the rest of the world has given them. They want to claim all of Israel as their own. They say they won't stop attacking Israel until it's destroyed and the Jews are genocided. Norway, Ireland and Spain can't recognize a country that doesn't have established borders.

Apparently and despite the Israeli propaganda over 140 countries recognise Palestine and 3 more added recently.

Norway, Ireland and Spain have just recognised Palestine and I hope you live long enough to see an independent and free Palestinian State just as most people want.

At the moment it's an area occupied by an ethnosupremacist and apartheid state (Israel) and that's why almost everyone has turned against Israel in the last few months.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

You have created a weird salad on your above reply. The vast majority of countries are either recognising Palestine or are willing to recognise Palestine. The rest of your post is some failed attempt to denounce the countries that have recognised Palestine or are about to by arguing nonsense (as usual)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Trying to diminish the countries that have recognised Palestine or are about to, is more of a desperate argument.

What counts to you and whether these countries 'count' shows how absurd the arguments of the Israeli supporters have become.

What really counts is that 3 more countries are recognising Palestine. Another 140 have already done so and there are more to come, especially in Europe and the Western World.

You seem to be concerned a lot and left out with no valid arguments bit I understand your frustration and attempts to smear as many opponents of the Israeli regime and their governments.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

When i say "full" im not talking about jobs.
Accommodation is scarce. Hotels are full of them. We are not a big country. The people in tents refuse to stay anywhere but Dublin city centre. Thats a fact.

They will place say, 300 of them into a hotel in a village of 3,500. All males. All young. Local women afraid to walk the streets while they all congregate in crowds in the village centre.

They bus them in 3am/4am. But none in the posher areas. Not one.
When politicians pull these stunts, the public won't stand for it too long. Which has led us to demonstrating in that village

The problem is the placing of people in IPAS centres (international protection accommodation services) and where those centres are.
Coastal towns that rely heavily on tourism, their hotels are full. Which effects the local economy badly.
But the hotels in the posh areas?....
Do i need to say?
Dublin 4, empty hotel Disbelief

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

There is a shortage of housing here too. And sea-side hotels and hostels seem to be a similar solution.

I suppose where it is professionals seeking asylum, Dublin would be the place to be. But don't you need able young men in rural areas? Young men being left to their own devices and not being put to work, only prevents them from raising themselves out of their situation to become productive members of the community. What else can they do but hang around on the street?

It's funny how eager everyone was to open up their homes and communities to Ukrainians - here and there - but forgets the other poor bastards sweating it out in the likes of the Bibby Stockholm.

I am confused as to why you would march on the village in protest though - is that where the leadership of IPAS is based? Or whoever the people are making the decision to place the people in the village? Or was the intention just to make the other victims of that policy feel even less welcome?

posted on Jun, 4 2024 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I am confused as to why you would march on the village in protest though - is that where the leadership of IPAS is based? Or whoever the people are making the decision to place the people in the village? Or was the intention just to make the other victims of that policy feel even less welcome?

It was quite simply the people that lived in the village protesting. And a few from nearby places.

Where the leadership of the IPAS is based in Dublin city is where they originally camped outside and all around the area. Became filthy and rat infested.
Every time they moved them out and cleaned up they would be back a couple days later. Now they camp along a beautiful canal that runs through the city. These are all Syrian, Middle Eastern etc. They make money begging in the city centre even though they are given everything from clothing right down to food. Phones, trainers, coats.

The Government place these people in vilages that are too small for such a large amount, percentage wise.

Like i said not one, not one single refugee/asylum seeker in any posh area.

Elections loom, the government is a lame duck...

posted on Jun, 4 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm being far from "desperate" as you put it when referring to these three states, I'm just being honest and realistic that they matter for nothing in the grand scheme of things. As long as the big five security council members along with India and Germany continue to remain on side with Israel or at the very least neutral and look the other way then you can forget any long term effects from this decision. Places like Ireland, Spain and Norway might matter to you but as the world turns they play very little part in the general flow of events. Just being honest and realistic about it. Kerry Gold butter, bull fights and ski jumping are all excellent products and things to do yet in the grand scheme of things that's what these nations offer to the world. They count for nothing.

originally posted by: Dercones
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Trying to diminish the countries that have recognised Palestine or are about to, is more of a desperate argument.

What counts to you and whether these countries 'count' shows how absurd the arguments of the Israeli supporters have become.

What really counts is that 3 more countries are recognising Palestine. Another 140 have already done so and there are more to come, especially in Europe and the Western World.

You seem to be concerned a lot and left out with no valid arguments bit I understand your frustration and attempts to smear as many opponents of the Israeli regime and their governments.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2
It was quite simply the people that lived in the village protesting. And a few from nearby places.

But to whom were they protesting? The other 3,300 residents who didn't protest?

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well it wasn't because the local butcher had bad meat.

Who and why do people usually protest.

Yes exactly.

They were protesting at the rest of the villagers.

Come on dude, dont be an arsehole please.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It’s kind of crazy that it took the palestinians murdering and kidnapping over a thousand Israelis on October 7th for those countries to legitimize those terrorists as a country.
Wild when you really think about it. 🤯

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2

Well it wasn't because the local butcher had bad meat.

Who and why do people usually protest.

Yes exactly.

They were protesting at the rest of the villagers.

Come on dude, dont be an arsehole please.

I didn't ask "why" they were protesting, I asked "to whom" they were protesting. If the IPAS is putting refugees and asylum seekers in the village, and the village wants to protest that fact - How are they going to hear them all the way from Dublin? Was it just a publicity stunt then? 200, including people not from the village, of a village of 3,500 indicates that those less than 200 don't necessarily represent the opinion of the majority of residents.

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Forgive my ignorance, as I'm a self centered and chronically apathetic American, but why haven't Palestine agreed to a "two state solution" 80 years ago when it was proposed? I don't know exactly how many times they have rejected it but it's at least five times since the concept was introduced, probably twice that number. Why has it taken the better part of a century to get them on board? It almost appears that a solution isn't the objective at all. It appears they prefer to assault, conquer and dominate the region as opposed to sharing it and building a neighborly rapport. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

edit on 5-6-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

There was a helluva lot more than 200.
You are reading newspaper headlines which as we all (well most of us) well know dont print the true facts.
Especially when it comes to this kind of thing.

How are they going to hear them all the way from Dublin?

You're embarrassing yourself now pal. Is that what you really think. You know full well how protests work.

Stop trolling me, you just look ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 15 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Mahogani

Forgive my ignorance, as I'm a self centered and chronically apathetic American, but why haven't Palestine agreed to a "two state solution" 80 years ago when it was proposed? I don't know exactly how many times they have rejected it but it's at least five times since the concept was introduced, probably twice that number. Why has it taken the better part of a century to get them on board? It almost appears that a solution isn't the objective at all. It appears they prefer to assault, conquer and dominate the region as opposed to sharing it and building a neighborly rapport. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Apparently no one wanted to respond. Maybe it's a stupid question, or maybe it's a really perplexing question. Either way it seems obvious to me that most civilized nations prefer to save both rather than choose which neighbor succeeds and the other perishes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join