It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace warns viewers: Trump crossed the line in latest attack on media

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Lots of stories the past few days....Google it and you'll find many variations and some may even be real.Who knows anymore?..I believe it is no longer possible to engage in a productive dialog with either left or extreme right. Politics are truly toxic and propaganda has strangled our once proud media.

You win.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Little late here but giving my thoughts anyway.

Trump is right, the leaks are true and the News becomes Fake when the news picks and chooses to only report on the leaks that support their agenda.

Read recently that the CIA gave WaPo 600 mil...that is a company worth 250 mil. Wonder what that was for.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyramid head
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Heaven forbid trump demonize the "people's media".

It seems only a few cult-like democrat worshipping slaves believe corporations that continually cover for corruption and pedophilla serve the interest of the general American.

They're worse than fake news, trumps being nice, they're enemy propaganda and it's treason.

It's not a left wing only thing. The other day I listened to Sean Hannity devote 5 minutes of his show to defending and promoting Infowars as one of the last bastions of truth in the media today. Today he spent 30 minutes obfusicating Trumps Sweden comment.

There is an all out assault on the media right now, from every side. The idea is to make everything seem uncredible so that no one has any facts with which to argue or base an opinion. That will allow the government to do anything they want, outside of the public eye... because if anyone reports the truth it won't be believed.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

youre exactly right!

I couldnt believe I heard Hannity do this as well........really? Infowars? The "reptilians, vaccinations causing people to be gay, gov putting stuff in the water to make people gay" show?

They gone so far off the rails for Trump they have stopped looking in to ANYTHING before coming to his aid

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If your sole method of obtaining news is garnered by reading the headlines without delving into the story itself, then you're the problem, not disingenuous media.

Why do I say this, because the first line in the article you posted about Russia Hacking the Election has this:

In an uncommon move, U.S. intelligence services released analysis of what they believe is the malicious Russian cyber activity that allegedly influenced the 2016 election.

To be fake news and have an agenda, words like believe and allegedly would not even be a part of their columns vocabulary.
edit on 21-2-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The press is stating that some criticisms have "crossed the line".

They are determining what anyone can say about them.

Not really, attacking freedom of the press is an attack against American principles. You are American right?
That really doesn't make sense man.....too Hal9000 now...

We gotta do better than appearing unencumbered by the thought process

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
As a former democrat and journalist, I completely agree. I became interested in journalism because I thought it was an honorable profession for writers...today it has transformed into a propaganda machine promoting a very disturbing and corrupt agenda that threatens our freedom.

Today, I rarely believe anything the media reports. And I consider journalists to be a few notches beneath used car salesman and arms dealers.

True Journalists everywhere are smacking their heads at the damage CNN and the others have done to the profession. Independent online media is our only hope now it seems.

And, hopefully, fact checking by everyone else. My 2-cents from my experience in News:

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

True Journalists everywhere are smacking their heads at the damage CNN and the others have done to the profession.

The damage was done long ago. Fox was so blatant about it that CC made a fortune making fun of them. They supplied plenty of material for the Daily Show.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Whether you read the article or not, doesn't matter. Most people do not read past all of the headlines. They pick one or two articles and just read the rest of the headlines. It's conditioning. Further, if they're not conditioning people a certain way, why did they not give air time to wikileaks saying their source was in fact a DNC operative?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Disagreeing with fox doesn't make them inaccurate. There's a reason fox is most trusted and it's been that way for a LOOOOONG time. As the old saying goes "you can fool some of the people most of the time or most of the people some of the time, but you can't fool most of the people most of the time."

Link

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Once the media goes rogue there is no longer a line.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What sincerely disturbs me is that Trump has declared the American Media as "The Enemy of the American People"..While defending Putin's killing of journalists..."We've got a lot of killers. What, you think our country is so innocent?"

ISIS? AQ? Russia?...But the American people's enemy are Journalists?

This # show has to come to a full stop sometime soon. Perhaps after the GOP squeeze it for all the juice they can get passed. ..But this aint a left/right debate any longer.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace warns viewers Trump crossed the line in latest attack on media

No Biggie......

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: pyramid head

Heaven forbid trump demonize the "people's media".

It seems only a few cult-like democrat worshipping slaves believe corporations that continually cover for corruption and pedophilla serve the interest of the general American.

They're worse than fake news, trumps being nice, they're enemy propaganda and it's treason.

It's not a left wing only thing. The other day I listened to Sean Hannity devote 5 minutes of his show to defending and promoting Infowars as one of the last bastions of truth in the media today. Today he spent 30 minutes obfusicating Trumps Sweden comment.

There is an all out assault on the media right now, from every side. The idea is to make everything seem uncredible so that no one has any facts with which to argue or base an opinion. That will allow the government to do anything they want, outside of the public eye... because if anyone reports the truth it won't be believed.

So trumps Sweden comment is a problem for you ? I guess people have different things they view as important.

You and the media think trumps comments are something to be worried about, and that's fine.

You have to realize though that many of us who hear silence from the media on podesta in a hot tub with three children are sickened and view that as a little more important...

Many of us who heard silence while the obamas state department used ISIS as a globalists proxy army to murder and rape thousands are sickened and thought that might have been important.

But your on a team, and so is the media, it just happens to be the same team, which is why you agree with them.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

But the American people's enemy are Journalists?

I'm beginning to believe that the largest threat to American people are....other American people.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Indigo5

But the American people's enemy are Journalists?

I'm beginning to believe that the largest threat to American people are....other American people.

As will always be the case in a democracy..

I am less concerned with the left/right argument than the reality that Trump is attacking our system or democracy itself.

It's very much the Putin playbook post Soviet collapse. Putin spent his first two years demonizing the news media in the new "democratic" Russia..then followed with a flurry of new laws and prosecutions...for the good of the people..Within a handful of years Putin had managed to seize state control of the press and then simply had the FSB beat, kill and arrest the last 50-100 independent journalists who would not bow to him.

I still doubt Trump can pull off the same here...but no doubt he is fantasizing about it. Dangerous times.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Oh for Petes sake. Simply just crazy bullcrap. Sky is falling!

Anyway wow the world has stop turning....Chris Who?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join