It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace warns viewers: Trump crossed the line in latest attack on media

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They were quoting Trump in every report that I saw ... how is that painting a false image.

He was talking about terrorist attacks. He mentioned Germany, and SPECIFICALLY mentioned Sweden LAST NIGHT.

Perhaps, if there weren't so many low-hanging examples of Mr. Trump being less than honest (as well as his Administration), there would be less of a tendency to look for the absurd?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: alphabetaone

And you can keep shouting, "Squirrel!" and I won't play.

This is about the MSM having a hissy because the president disrespected them.

I'm not shouting squirrel, I'm asking you a direct question which you keep dodging.

What justification there could be for the president fabricating items to fit his talking points?

What does that have to do with the MSM determining what people can refer to them as?
edit on 21-2-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If you haven't read Mr. Trump's book "The Art of the Deal" ... it really tells you all you need to know about his worldviews.

This is a well-known quote that completely describes what he's doing with the American press ...

“good publicity is preferable to bad, but from a bottom-line perspective, bad publicity is sometimes better than no publicity at all. Controversy, in short, sells.”

Controversy, in short, sells. Anytime you have any question about Mr. Trump's Administration, just remember that.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because they left out the part where he says immigrants and the issues Sweden was having with them and instead ran with the fake news that he was referring to a non existent terror attack.

Because the media did not create Trump like other politicians, they cant control him.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

They were quoting Trump in every report that I saw ... how is that painting a false image.

He was talking about terrorist attacks. He mentioned Germany, and SPECIFICALLY mentioned Sweden LAST NIGHT.

Perhaps, if there weren't so many low-hanging examples of Mr. Trump being less than honest (as well as his Administration), there would be less of a tendency to look for the absurd?

It just sseems that if im tasked with reporting the facts, then knowing what he meant would be more relevant than having a "gotcha" headline for everyone to laugh about. Feed the meme monster.

Since nothing had happened in Sweden, some probing questions to figure out what on Earth he was talking about seems like the right way to go if reporting the truth matters.

Because when commenting on it, he stated he meant that he had seen a story about the refugees causing issues in Sweden and Germany the night before. Which might be something worthy of actually discussing as a nation, given his immigration stance. Although obviously that isn't in te interest of the media narrative.

So you see the issue? They missed a chance to report some facts and lead a meaningful discussion, and instead took the misstatement, printed it as a headline, and then wheezed like hyenas.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Of course I see the issue. I've been resigned to the fact that our media is sensationalism and entertainment for sometime.

ON the other hand, Mr. Trump doesn't believe in bad press ... "“good publicity is preferable to bad, but from a bottom-line perspective, bad publicity is sometimes better than no publicity at all. Controversy, in short, sells.”

(from The Art of the Deal)

I've said in other discussion here that the press loves them some "Sound and fury signifying nothing."

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Oh, i know he is a shameless promoter that probably even makes Don King cringe. I don't think any argument is too petty for Trump to participate in.

The press should likely only revel in it when it actually happens. At this point its just them turning everything into innuendo. They might as well just go with the old "That's what she said" to everything coming out of Trumps mouth.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

THere doesn't seem to be any return to any level of integrity. Which makes it seem like they have picked sides and dug in their heels.

It doesn't look like there will be a resurgence in public trust anytime soon. No matter how much they insult me.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh, i know he is a shameless promoter that probably even makes Don King cringe. I don't think any argument is too petty for Trump to participate in.

The press should likely only revel in it when it actually happens. At this point its just them turning everything into innuendo. They might as well just go with the old "That's what she said" to everything coming out of Trumps mouth.

To me, it's all easier to understand if you understand that, in a way, both sides are thinking about ratings.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

And you can keep shouting, "Squirrel!" and I won't play.

This is about the MSM having a hissy because the president disrespected them.

I'm not shouting squirrel, I'm asking you a direct question which you keep dodging.

What justification there could be for the president fabricating items to fit his talking points?

What does that have to do with the MSM determining what people can refer to them as?

Absolutely nothing. The MSM determining what people can refer to them as is an imagined scenario in your mind. Nowhere have they said anything close to that.

Again, you're deflecting and strawmanning simply because you cant come up with any reasonable justification for a sitting US president to make disingenuous and fabricated claims to his constituency, which is what I asked you to provide given all of the proof I have provided of the falsehoods he has uttered.

Seems you believe that if you wait long enough to respond, that the key issue here will be forgotten and you will have carte blanche to put more spin upon it. I assure you I wont let that happen here.

I will make this admission right now, I could care less about the media or what little feelings they perceive to have that may have been bruised. The end result of that is zero effect. What is important is that the President of the United States is lying and fabricating to his constituency...so again, please provide justification for him doing so.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

THere doesn't seem to be any return to any level of integrity. Which makes it seem like they have picked sides and dug in their heels.

It doesn't look like there will be a resurgence in public trust anytime soon. No matter how much they insult me.

Well, the people now trust Congress more than they trust the media, and friends that is saying something. In my opinion the media brought this on themselves. They are the ones who started using the term fake news and now they are bitching because they are being called out and having the term they coined applied to them.

Trump is not telling the media what to report nor is he telling them not to report on his mistakes. He is telling them to report honestly instead of making stuff up... Like a terrorist attack in Sweden even though Trump never said those words.

I dont see how people cant understand that.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Falsely reporting Trump was referring to a terror attack when he never said those words all the while leaving out part of his statement that placed what he said into context is in fact fake news and a lie that the media pushed for their own agenda.

Calling the media out is justified.

While the media likes to claim they are there to hold the President accountable does not mean the media itself cant be held accountable.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Actually, and again, these are only polls, of all American institutions, confidence in the Congress remains dead last.

LInk
edit on 21-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Calling the media out is justified.

Absolutely. Fact check the hell out of them. Don't believe a dang thing you hear without corroboration.

Let's not pretend, however, that every news story, every negative report on Mr. Trump is a lie, because that, in itself is a lie.

And even moreso, the President's claim that the media (that he doesn't like) is the ENEMY of the American people.

From where I sit, at this moment, that would be a toss-up.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That was a really good post I have never heard of Jim Jefferies before he was dead on and I am going to check out more of his stuff. I also love your quote that you have on your profile. Easily one of the dumbest things that Trump has said.

"THE NEWS IS FAKE BECAUSE SO MUCH OF THE NEWS IS FAKE." --- Donald J. Trump. 45th President of the United States of America on 16 Feb 2017. God save us.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Yes, it's readily possible for facts to be used in a story that is false or fake. Take, for example, "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story"--Bruce Lee most certainly did injure his back, but in real life, he injured it doing the 'good morning' barbell exercise, but in the movie, his injury is shown being caused by a cheap kick to the back after winning a fight.

The truth is that he did have a back injury, and it was a long six-month(ish) recovery process where he overcame the presumed diagnoses that he would never kick again, or even possibly never walk unassisted again. But, much like the producers/director of "Dragon," reality was tainted by a desire to dramatize and falsify what really led up to an issue.

The media does this all of the time--they sensationalize something while often not giving the full story, or even providing incorrect information to dramatize (or, as it is often shown, to sensationalize or create alarm over) certain issues.

Ridiculous--just like much of the new media.

This is what Trump is talking about, for the most part (and he even specifically discussed that), and he's correct. If Chris Wallace doesn't like the reality that a sensationalist or over-dramatic media really is the enemy of the public (meaning they're not reporting just the facts, they're pushing a narrative often based on falsified or alarmist opinions based loosely on some [not all] facts), I really don't care. In fact, I'll bring him a box of tissues myself.

edit on 21-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: Add clip of over-dramatic falsification of a real event

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

No amount of spin can make a true story false.

Spin=bias.

Spin masks the truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Basically, the press is censoring what anyone (even the president) can say about them.

Oh that is sad. Exactly opposite from the truth that the President is trying to censor what the press can say about him. The scary part is the +48 stars to your completely backwards remark.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No line has been crossed. Fake news. You had your chance to be bipartisan. Kick CNN NBC ABC CBS out of the Press Cesspool(Swamp)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Wallace is nothing more than a controlled mouthpiece for one of the Big 6.

I find it very comical that many of the same people on here that used fox news as a source on stories against Obama Fir eight years are now calling them a mouthpiece because they're not in the trump train.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join