It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, have you ever considered you might be on the wrong side?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: vincentdaniel7

Just as when he called Peter Satan... He didn't mean he was possessed by the devil... he was thinking selfishly

[1John 5:19]

19. We know that we originate with God, BUT THE WHOLE WORLD IS LYING IN THE POWER OF THE WICKED (((ONE))).

So generally speaking Jesus was referring to the fact that Satan has influenced the minds of all mankind and possibly will creep up from time to time in his very disciples so this was a shock statement for his beloved disciple to understand who's thoughts or train of thinking he is quoting.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Once again you're personifying something that wasn't mean to be taken as a real entity...

Further more you add the "one" at the end, and I've seen many Christians also do this with the lords prayer, and THAT is not what it says...

HE's not saying "satan" influenced Peter... it was his own selfishness, not wanting his master to leave him

There is no entity influencing man... whispering in our ears making us do bad things

It all comes from within...

Why use Satan as a scapegoat.... Its not the devil doing bad things... its US

edit on 21-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The side of satan eh...

The very idea that an angel can rebel against its creator, (the most powerful being in the universe) is just silly...

I understand but you are complicating it too much it's really simple God does not want robots to love him so he gives them free will now he will train them because now 100% of his power is no longer with His creation only a fraction is supporting life on this planet using his word to guide us so the idea that Satan a powerful angel who was very good looking and remember Satan is not a name,
its actually a description, the angel that he himself created, and God created the good angel the beautiful one or, that version of him or you could say the first version of Satan

In a way the angel or Satan created Satan

God refuses to give his real name because in his eyes the angel that was formerly a very important angel now labeled Satan.,,,,,,,,

IT'S' like the Obi-one Kenobi, EXPLANATION to Luke Skywalker when he said that Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker from a certain point of view that is true the dark side took over Anakin Skywalker and murdered him and became the New Jedi Darth Vader.

LOL,

my son is a Star Wars fan.

So the OT God JEHOVAH or however you truly pronounce his name, which there is almost seven thousand times, (some official glorified name in the Old Testament),,

JEHOVAH refuses to give us the name that Satan used to have because from a certain point of VIEW, Satan killed that Angel when he turned against God,

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Adjust

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Clarify

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I don't buy it bro...

sorry... Satan isn't real...

He's another method of control used by the church to scare people into believing...

Theres no more reality to Satan then there is to the easter bunny

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Once again you're personifying something that wasn't mean to be taken as a real entity...

Further more you add the "one" at the end, and I've seen many Christians also do this with the lords prayer, and THAT is not what it says...

HE's not saying "satan" influenced Peter... it was his own selfishness, not wanting his master to leave him

There is no entity influencing man... whispering in our ears making us do bad things

It all comes from within...

Why use Satan as a scapegoat.... Its not the devil doing bad things... its US

I agree with you partially it is both ourselves and the angel Satan

God has even warned us about using Satan as a crutch talk about literal conversations with the guy.

So how can you expect me Buy what you are saying what you are?

I just gave you a giant post on how we know that Satan is a real person both Old Testament and from,,,

MINE AND YOUR BELOVED KING AND REDEEMER and LOVING LORD AND SAVIOR PRINCE OF PEACE [[[Jesus Christ]]] and his conversation with Satan and didn't they kind of argue with each other?

And all I did to that scripture was add parentheses I did not change the words I don't know about your King James Version of the Bible but I know that when I study the Greek language it says WICKED ONE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 John 5:19]

WE KNOW THAT WE ORIGINATE WITH GOD, BUT THE WHOLE WORLD IS LYING IN THE POWER OF THE WICKED ONE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I did was put parentheses what is the crime in that?

[1 Peter 5:8]

KEEP YOUR SENSES, BE WATCHFUL!

YOUR ADVERSARY, THE DEVIL,

WALKS ABOUT LIKE A ROARING LION,

SEEKING TO DEVOUR SOMEONE.

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Adjust

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vincentdaniel7 well detective vincent didnt they teach you to
use full stops or paragraphs?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vincentdaniel7 well detective vincent didnt they teach you to
use full stops or paragraphs?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Actually no they didn't argue at all...

There were three questions... all of which refer to his own personal demons in struggling with the fact that he was the son of God...

I just gave you a giant post on how we know that Satan is a real person both Old Testament and from

The references you used to satan were not mentioning a real entity... Job is a story book like I said, it has a moral to it, that being "trust in God"

And all I did to that scripture was add parentheses I did not change the words I don't know about your King James Version of the Bible but I know that when I study the Greek language it says evil ONE.

Why would it?

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

its a complete sentence... adding "One" at the end would just end up being nonsense...

Well you're adding something that isn't there, of course that also depends on the translation... its split down the middle for the most part... but saying the whole world lies in the wicked one personifies the idea of wickedness and makes said entity responsible for something that is completely on us... not a fallen angel here to tempt the world

No crime... Just unnecessary

Right... materialism

Which infests the world, and again is solely our issue... Not the devil

edit on 22-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

FACT you have been deceived, the demiurge jehovah has blinded you
using the bible to prove the bible? See I can play the same game, unlike you
I dont seek converts to reinforce my doubts

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I don't buy it bro...

sorry... Satan isn't real...

He's another method of control used by the church to scare people into believing...

Theres no more reality to Satan then there is to the easter bunny

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE SAYING "
THE GREATEST TRICK THAT WAS EVER PLAYED ON MANKIND WAS THE DEVIL MADE THEM THINK HE DIDN'T EVEN EXIST.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL INGENIOUS MILITARY STRATEGY OF CLOAKING YOURSELF BUT I REFUSE TO BE FOOLED BY HIM.

AND I NEVER VIEWED IT AS A SCARE TACTIC AT ALL

The way I see it is if I am unaware of a 40-foot manhole that is in my path and someone warning me ahead of time to watch out I don't think they were trying to scare me

Now the EASTER BUNNY does SCARE ME

LOL,

Now I am serious opponent of the mainstream Christian view of hell,
TO me that is a scare tactic used by the churches to not only scare you to continue to go to church for FINANCIAL GAIN but for POWER and CONTROL these churches are DRUNK ON THEIR POWER and there scare tactic is causing destruction and God will deal with them in the end for giving him a bad name.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Murgatroid

FACT you have been deceived, the demiurge jehovah has blinded you
using the bible to prove the bible? See I can play the same game, unlike you
I dont seek converts to reinforce my doubts

I agree with you that I have used the Bible to prove the Bible on a majority level but that is not all that I have used,

GO BACK AND CHECK ALL OF MY POST

YOU WILL FIND I HAVE ALSO USED SCIENCE AND ARCHEOLOGICAL FINDING.

And there is thousands of years of secular documents that prove the Bibles accuracy you know people used to go to the library maybe you should check to see if there is a library in your area and read one of their books

And yes I realize that there are books in that said library with the opposite view.

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

TO me that is a scare tactic used by the churches to not only scare you to continue to go to church for FINANCIAL GAIN but for POWER and CONTROL these churches are DRUNK ON THEIR POWER and there scare tactic is causing destruction and God will deal with them in the end for giving him a bad name.

Well at least we do agree on some things... my thoughts exactly

THE GREATEST TRICK THAT WAS EVER PLAYED ON MANKIND WAS THE DEVIL MADE THEM THINK HE DIDN'T EVEN EXIST.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL INGENIOUS MILITARY STRATEGY OF CLOAKING YOURSELF BUT I REFUSE TO BE FOOLED BY HIM.

Of course I have... I prefer my version of it...

The greatest trick the church ever played was to convince the world there is an entity whispering in your ear making you do bad things... but they have the cure... OF COURSE!!

Whole sale salvation of souls... and protection from "the big bad devil"

Because the devil fears Christianity... but in actuality IF he existed he would thrive on it because the religion is ripe with hypocrisy and evil... if such a thing exists

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Well at least we do agree on some things... my thoughts exactly

Of course I have... I prefer my version of it...

The greatest trick the church ever played was to convince the world there is an entity whispering in your ear making you do bad things... but they have the cure... OF COURSE!!

Whole sale salvation of souls... and protection from "the big bad devil"

Because the devil fears Christianity... but in actuality IF he existed he would thrive on it because the religion is ripe with hypocrisy and evil... if such a thing exists

LOL,

I LOVE IT!

♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡

BUT I WOULD STILL HAVE TO AGREE WITH
WHEN SATAN SPOKE WITH JESUS

When Jesus began his ministry, the Devil tried to entice him with three temptations. First, Satan endeavored to pressure Jesus to use his God-given powers in a selfish way to satisfy his own hunger. Then, the Devil dared Jesus to risk his life foolishly and draw attention to himself. Finally, Satan offered Jesus rulership over all the kingdoms of the world in return for one small act of worship. Jesus rebuffed all three clever attacks, each time quoting the Scriptures.—Matthew 4:1-11; Luke 4:1-13.

To whom was Jesus talking? To an evil quality within himself? According to the Scriptures, Jesus “has been tested in all respects as we have, but without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15) The Bible also says: “He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth.” (1 Peter 2:22) Jesus remained perfect, holding to a course of integrity. He never let any evil quality develop within himself. Clearly, Jesus was not talking to some evil part of himself; he was talking to a real person.

The same conversation reveals further evidence that Satan is a real person.

Recall that the Devil offered Jesus worldwide rulership in return for an act of worship. (Matthew 4:8, 9) This offer would have been meaningless if Satan were not real. Furthermore, Jesus did not question Satan’s claim to such impressive authority.

After Jesus rejected the temptations, the Devil “departed from him until another convenient time.” (Luke 4:13) Does Satan in this case seem like a quality of evil or, rather, a persistent, determined adversary?

Notice that “angels came and began to minister” to Jesus. (Matthew 4:11) Were those angels actual spirit persons, providing encouragement and practical assistance to Jesus? Clearly so. Why, then, should we assume that Satan was something other than an actual spirit being?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Yes he can carry out a surgical strike if there is anyone to be saved like he actually did he surgically strike Sodom and Gomorrah and saved lots family

There is a reason that in modern day religious people make Sodom and Gomorrah synonymous with cities like Los Angeles. They are drawing a parallel between major thriving cities. Large populace. Granted then it wouldn't be near what it is in cities today, but the Bible makes it clear those two cities were heavily populated compared to others of the time.

It stands to reason they would have been filled with very young children and pregnant mothers. This idea that only Lot and his family were worthy of being saved from annihilation is absolutely beyond absurdity. You trying to tell me that every single one of those babies and children were so far gone in their wicked ways as to deserve getting their faces melted off with brimstone ultimately just makes me question your sense of morality... big time.

If that was a surgical strike then Yahweh is a piss-poor surgeon.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Actually no they didn't argue at all...

There were three questions... all of which refer to his own personal demons in struggling with the fact that he was the son of God...

I just gave you a giant post on how we know that Satan is a real person both Old Testament and from

The references you used to satan were not mentioning a real entity... Job is a story book like I said, it has a moral to it, that being "trust in God"

And all I did to that scripture was add parentheses I did not change the words I don't know about your King James Version of the Bible but I know that when I study the Greek language it says evil ONE.

Why would it?

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

its a complete sentence... adding "One" at the end would just end up being nonsense...

Well you're adding something that isn't there, of course that also depends on the translation... its split down the middle for the most part... but saying the whole world lies in the wicked one personifies the idea of wickedness and makes said entity responsible for something that is completely on us... not a fallen angel here to tempt the world

No crime... Just unnecessary

Right... materialism

Which infests the world, and again is solely our issue... Not the devil

When you say that the questions were referring to Jesus own personal demons inside of him I cannot accept that because Jesus was made perfect and would not ever give into temptation.

NOW, I do understand that Satan is spiritually in the dark so he would not be sure of that so he would try to get Jesus on his side anyway referring to when he asked Jesus

" to do one act of worship to him".

Well I never did like much using the King James Version of the Bible because that was basically his version but when you go back to the original Greek text you will find the words that they use translated into English it is

WICKED ONE.
edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Addition

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

when JEHOVAH actually does it,,,
YOUR LIGHTS JUST GO OUT, no pain just lights out.

Well as long as the murder was painless I guess...

Not sure how volcanic eruption and drowning is painless, but whatever.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I'm not saying that I'm saying that he has the power to let say right before the grounding or right before you get swallowed up by a volcano he make sure that there is no pain involved that's what I mean

KNOWING WHAT I KNOW ABOUT GOD AND HIS MERCY I MUCH MUCH

RATHER DIE, BY GOD'S HAND THEN MANS HANDS.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

And again it is NOT MURDER to protect your children or future children.
edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Correction

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
But can you back up the idea that the moment they were about to die from brimstone, or drowning, that god killed them in some godly way and thus prevented pain? I mean back it up with scripture.

And again it is NOT MURDER

All caps isn't going to convince me otherwise. You suggested they were killed because they were terribly immoral and thus deserving of the punishment. So pray tell how a toddler is so wicked in his or her ways to be deserving of such.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join